How to clean glass from an angle grinder
Some black spots scrape away, but most do not. Maybe there is a way to clean the glass? Chemicals, for example?
I think you can acid etch the metal with the oxide, but the hole in the surface will remain.
How long do you need to treat the surface?
What was used as an applicator? A cotton swab will do?
I’ve covered enamel surfaces, but I hadn’t thought about plumbing.
By chance, when I cleaned the toilet with a liquid product (they say it contains acid and work with gloves, specifically Sanfor).
No distinctive marks were left, maybe because the plumbing was Soviet at the time.
The concentration and timing you can choose. Again, on a warm surface the reaction will go faster.
How to deal with it?
You will need a polisher, polish and the appropriate wheels.
Before polishing, the lens and the wheel should be moistened and the polisher should be placed on the back and fixed in a stationary position. Then the polish is applied to the lens and the edge of the polisher is brought to the surface until the contamination is removed. Hold the lens firmly with both hands. After rinsing, the procedure is repeated with the polish
You can see the result in the picture.
Add comment Cancel reply
To send a comment you need to log in.
- PATRIOT 200AC welding transformer 102.00 ₽
- Charger GreenWorks G24C 2490,00 ₽
- Voltage regulator PRORAB DVR 1000 2597,22 ₽
- 3610,00 ₽ 3610,00 ₽ Rasanta ASN-2000 H/1-C Lux stabilizer
- Voltage stabilizer Stavr SN-2000 3920,00 ₽
- Welding machine BauMaster AW-79161 3990,00 ₽
- Hitachi AB17 charger 4076.87 ₽
How to remove welding residue from glass
Question: During welding jobs (manual arc welding) sparks got on the glass. How to clean the black scale from the glass? Physically (with a fingernail, nail, sandpaper) impossible to remove. Answer: You can wash the glass with sandpaper 2000 only be sure to water, and polish the place of cleaning. Work requires patience and endurance. You can remove scale chemically with an industrial preparation PENTAPAV E4, it is a concentrated agent for removing mineral deposits, cleaning scale and scale from equipment, acid-resistant enamel, ceramics, glass. Specifications : Pentamash E4 mixture of organic and inorganic acids, active additives, corrosion inhibitors, based on hydrochloric acid. Transparent slightly colored liquid. Density 1.15 g/cm3 at 20°C. pH 1.40 (1% solution in distilled water). Attention : When preparing working solutions, pour the product concentrate into the water! Work strictly according to the instructions on the packaging of the product!
Clean pots and pans
A mixture of stationery glue and soda ash can remove years of soot on a frying pan or cauldron, and with minor dirt double alkali copes quickly and with a hundred percent guarantee. Liquid glass can be replaced by PVA glue, soda ash by ordinary food-grade.
Who would have thought that an ordinary stationery glue can clean dishes!
Method. soaking dishes
Washing plates or pans a few at a time is impractical. Gather all the cutlery, plates yellowed from the back, and pots with a smoky bottom, and find a large container that will hold 20-25 liters of water. As a last resort, you can use a bathtub.
- Put the dishes in a container and fill it with hot water.
- Dissolve the glue and baking soda and stir. White flakes will form in the water.
- Submerge the dish and let it soak for an hour or an hour and a half.
- Rinse under running water. The dirt will come off easily when you scrub with a kitchen sponge or brush.
Also read: How to wash the microwave in 5 minutes with baking soda
The method. boiling
You will need a container in which the pot will fit, as well:
- Place the dirty dishes in a bulk container that you can put on the fire. Fill up with water.
- Add the glue and baking soda and boil for about 5-10 minutes, depending on the dirt.
- Turn off the fire and wait for the solution to cool.
- Rinse under running water. If not all the dirt is gone, scrub or scrape with a knife.
It is best to use calcined soda for cleaning dishes
The method. cleaning pans
Frying pans are much harder to get rid of soot and carbon residue; to clean them, we recommend adding laundry soap to the mix.
The operation of boiling the pan is not difficult:
- Dissolve the grated soap, baking soda and liquid glass in hot water.
- Dip the pan in water and put it on the stove. Boil for 10 minutes to an hour, until the soot crust begins to come off.
- Turn off the fire and allow to cool. Wash with a sponge under running water.
Remove stains from the glaze mechanically
It is easy to remove the bumps that have appeared and the scale on the glaze by hand. But you will have to do more work.
Choose not coarse grains of sandpaper. Grout the damaged rusty place carefully. Remove 1 scale, then 2. This is how to bring the glaze in order, unfortunately, the wrong actions of cleaning, can hurt you.
To remove scratches use GOI paste, it has a better cleaning effect than diamond paste. It manages to get more benefit, more quickly remove scale from the glaze of the tiles.
Yes, in addition, you can do a better quality, and on a more impressive size of the tile area. It is not possible to remove the traces of slag 100% completely, it is not possible to mend the scratches quickly. But the method gives results. it helps to restore the glaze of tiles and even glass.
What you can’t do?
There is a proper sequence of actions when such a problem occurs. However, sometimes people do things that are forbidden, and that can only make things worse.
- Frequent blinking. This desire arises because the foreign body is firmly stuck to the eyelid. As a result, scratches of the epithelium are formed, conjunctivitis develops.
- Rubbing the eye with your hands. It is important not to do this, in order not to damage the mucosa.
- Clamping. Leads to the fact that the chip from the angle grinder penetrates even deeper, as a result, it will be more difficult to get it out.
- Rinsing the eyelid at the affected area with running water. The string can scratch the eyelid.
- Drip aloe juice, honey, and other substances into the eye. These elements will cause irritation when exposed to shavings.
- To remove the foreign elements with a match or with the tongue.
Warning! An important issue in the performance of repair and construction work is safety. Wear safety glasses and a hard hat when using the angle grinder, even if it is difficult to do certain things with them.
It is almost impossible to get the chips out of the eyelid by yourself, because they are located on the mucosa itself. In this case, only an ophthalmologist will solve the problem. To avoid permanent loss of vision, a foreign object must be removed from the angle grinder as quickly as possible. When first aid is not provided in a timely manner or physical factors are present, it is possible that the lens, retina and vitreous body are damaged by chips from the angle grinder.
What to do if you got a foreign object in the eye
Let’s talk about what to do with scale in the eye: how you can try to get it out, what exactly should not be done, how you can speed up the healing process.
How is a metal foreign body dangerous?
If chips from an angle grinder get into your eye, it means that your eye is exposed to three negative effects at once:
Mechanical trauma: flying off at speed, the foreign body breaks the integrity of one or more layers of the eye.2. Thermal burn: a chip that has fallen into the eye is heated, further damaging the structures of the eye.3. A chemical reaction between the metal and the intraocular fluid: when the scale from the angle grinder enters the eye and it is in the saline solution of the tear fluid, after a while rust appears around it, further impairing vision.
The first question is not how to get the dross out of the eye, but how to minimize the thermal burn. This can be done by rinsing the eye with cool water from a syringe, clean syringe or dropper. Water must be boiled or bottled, you can also use sterile sodium chloride solution.
When flushing, it is important not to put too much pressure on the eye, but to direct the fluid in a gentle stream from the outer corner of the eye toward the nose. This is to ensure that if the scale is fixed in the eye structures, you will not move it with water.
Flushing with cool fluid not only cools the eye and reduces the depth of the burn. It is also an aid in how to get the dross out of the eye if it is not fixed in the tissues.
What to do if you still see shavings even after rinsing the eye? After opening your eye and looking in the mirror, do the following steps:
• blink slightly (without effort) and see if the foreign body moves;• If it changes its position, you can try to remove it;• If the dross does not migrate across the surface of the eye, you need to consult an ophthalmologist.
Talk about how to get a metal chip out of your eye if it shifts when you blink:
Use a small piece of gauze, a clean handkerchief or a cotton swab;2. fold the handkerchief or gauze in a triangle so that a rather rigid angle is formed;3. Do not wet the cloth or cotton swab;4. stand in front of a mirror;5. Open your eye wide;6. gently pry the shavings off with a handkerchief, tissue or cotton swab;7. Remove the foreign body from your eye;8. If it does not work, repeat the procedure from the beginning, checking first the mobility of the chip.
If the scale is not fixed, you can try to remove it with a magnet. But after that, too, an examination by an ophthalmologist is necessary.
And how to get the chip out of the eye if it is tightly fixed? You only need to see an ophthalmologist for this. Do not use a magnet or sharp objects at home. So you can damage the deep structures of the eye, and they will heal with scarring or the formation of leukemia, which leads to vision loss.
How to go to the hospital with a pustule in your eye?
It’s not really that easy. If you don’t follow the rules, you could hurt yourself even more.
So, if there is a fixed pellet in the eye, what to do at home:
Close the affected eye, but do not squeeze it shut.2. Put a gauze bandage or clean cloth over the eye.3. Put a bandage on the eye carefully so the bandage is not pressing on the eye.4. Go to a hospital with an eye trauma unit. In the daytime, you can go to the health clinic of your place of residence or to a private eye clinic, if they perform operations there. Going to a private eye doctor who does vision correction is not a good idea.
If the metal foreign body is not just fixed to the surface of the eye, but also caused damage to the eyelid (that is, it is a penetrating wound), the algorithm will be different:
Can We Cut Glass Using Angle Grinder (2 Awesome Experiment)
Never try to remove the foreign body;2. cover the eye with gauze or a clean cloth first, then place a thick object like a deodorant cap on top;3. Tape the eye over the lid;4. call an ambulance;5. cover the other, healthy eye with a gauze bandage (this is to keep the diseased eye from moving with the healthy one and damaging it even more).
What not to do with scale and metal shavings
We found out what to do if a chip gets in your eye. Now let’s list the things you should not do:
• Rub your eye;• squint;• Trying to get the dross with a sharp object;• Flush the eye if the wound is through;• drip any drops until you are examined by an ophthalmologist;• Use a magnet to remove fixed chips.
What to do after removing the pellet from the eye
After a foreign body has been removed yourself, go to an ophthalmologist, even one who sees in a private office. He will examine the eye under magnification (with a slit lamp), making sure the integrity of the deep structures is intact. He will then prescribe the treatment. It is not recommended to use any drops or gels before this: do not let them get into the sclera or watery moisture.
After the doctor makes sure that the cornea is minimally affected, and the other structures remain intact, he will prescribe treatment. It usually includes antibiotics in the form of drops or tablets.
Come for diagnostics at: 95a Tole Bi Street, Almaty (corner of Baitursynov Street).
Treatment after first aid
Most often, ophthalmologists prescribe eye drops:
- “Cipromed.”. A drug with a broad spectrum of antibacterial action for the treatment and prevention of infectious complications in injuries of the visual organ. An allergic reaction is possible to the components of the medication.Therefore, before its use, it is necessary to make sure that there is no individual intolerance;
- “Tobrex.”. Fast-acting antibiotic that has a bacteriostatic effect and eliminates symptomatic ophthalmic diseases. Tobrex” eye drops are approved for pregnant women and are absolutely safe for the treatment of small children;
- “Broxinac.”. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug for topical application, used in ophthalmology to treat various eye pathologies. The remedy has antibacterial and antifungal action, helps reduce inflammation and painful signs.
- “Korneregel. Gel with a pronounced regenerating effect. The remedy reduces pain, swelling and redness, moistens the surface of the eye and can be used in combination with other medications;
- “Floxal.”.Antimicrobial ointment for the treatment of inflammation of ocular tissues. The medication is approved for children of any age, but pregnant women should not use it.
To prevent the ingress of dirt and dust, a sterile gauze bandage is recommended for the patient during medication treatment.
What to do if you get metal chips in your eye? How to get the chip out of the eye?
Thousands of people work with metal products every day.
And, unfortunately, no modern means of protection does not guarantee that human eyes will not be injured by iron shavings, such as from an angle grinder.
What to do if there is a foreign body in the eye? And is it possible to get the shavings at home? We will deal with it in this article.