Is it possible to make a coil on the trimmer for grass with their own hands
There are a large number of trimmer heads on sale (not automatic), which have a low price and good quality. But sometimes situations arise, for example in the countryside, when the trimmer reel is broken and its repair is impossible, the store is far away, and you need to mow. In this case, you can quickly, literally in a few minutes, to make a simple trimmer attachment for fixing the line from ordinary plywood 10-12 mm thick.
- Take a piece of plywood or blackboard and draw a circle with a diameter of around 14 cm on it.
- Cut the blade with a jigsaw or metal saw.
- Drill a hole in the center of the disc to match the diameter of the gearbox shaft. Remember to put a washer on the disk before mounting it on the shaft.
- Around the edge of the disc you can screw small corners or make 1-2 holes on opposite sides. These will be used to thread the fishing line into them.
- To fix the fishing line, some screws can be screwed into the plywood.
This makeshift mowing head is attached to the shaft with a nut. It is not possible to tighten or loosen the nut without locking the shaft. To replace the cord, you just need to loosen the screws, insert a length of line of the desired length, and press it down again.
It is also possible to make a mowing attachment for attaching a fishing line to it from a sheet of metal. How to do this, you can understand from the following video.
The way you attach the mowing heads varies from model to model. But in general terms the construction is very similar. Here are the step by step instructions:
- Find hole in gearbox cup (it is located either on top or on the side) and align it with hole in the shaft hub.
- Insert a hexagon socket or metal rod through the hole in the gearbox to prevent the shaft from turning.
- One hand hold the key, and the other unscrew the spool with the fishing line (usually turn it clockwise).
- Remove the reel.
Before removing the filament spool on the trimmer, the tool must be unplugged. If you have a lawn mower, be sure to shut off the engine.
How to Change the Coil on a STIHL Grass Trimmer
the grass trimmer, be it petrol or electric, is the only way to cut grass in hard-to-reach places where a lawnmower on wheels can’t mow. As a cutting tool in trimmers used iron knives or a special line, which is tucked into the spool trimmer for grass. Unfortunately, however, during the use the trimmer heads wear out over time. Some faults of course remove at home, and some require a complete change of mowing head.
Mowing heads for trimmers come in various designs, both conventional and complex. The drawing below shows a disassembled automatic trimmer head from Husqvarna brushcutter (Husqvarna).
This type of head is included in most gasoline mowers and electric trimmers, such as STIHL (STIHL), Patriot (Patriot), Champion (Favorit), Bosch (Bosch), Huter (Huter) and others. The construction of the mowing head is pretty common. It consists of the following parts:
- The base of the mowing head;
- button for automatic filament feeding;
- The bobbin (spool) where the line is threaded;
- The eyelets let the lines go out;
- trimmer head cover;
- fishing line (cord).
There are also more common trimmer heads, shown in the following photo.
These attachments do not let you change the line length automatically (by pushing a button). If the cord breaks, you have to stop the mower and change it manually.
Users of electric trimmers and lawnmowers often have trouble with the automatic mowing head. Faults of the spool can be as follows:
STIHL brushcutters, threading the AutoCut 25 2 mowing head
If the line is not extended with a light knock on the grass trimmer’s spool to the ground, the following could be the reason.
Option 1. there is a jamming issue.е. Cord caught between coils. This fault is usually caused by winding the line unevenly on the spool, with crossed turns, or by not winding it at the proper tension. In the latter case, the rotation of the mowing head at high revolutions under the influence of centrifugal force cord begins to tighten, and as a result you inter-scroll clamping line. To fix the problem you need to disassemble the spool on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, in other words, by even turns with a good tension.
Option 3.2. The very short ends protrude from the head. The fishing line may not come out when it hits the ground if the ends sticking out of the head are not long enough. Then the centrifugal force is not sufficient to stretch the line. Because it is required to suspend the unit (turn off the engine otherwise unplug the trimmer for grass electric) and pull the line by hand, previously pressing the button.
Option 3. line soldered inside the mowing head. This results in the bobbin not spinning when the button is pressed. In general, this happens for several reasons: poor quality of the cord, overheating of the reel during prolonged operation of the machine, the impact of the line on solid objects.
- In the beginning, the cord is made of low-quality and easily fusible materials that do not hold the mechanical and thermal load. The wire should therefore be given preference “proprietary” lines.
- If you still caught the line unknown properties, and it often solder in his time of work, you can follow the example of some users, who after filling the cord in the coil or lubricate it with silicone grease (from a canister), or mineral oil. This procedure greatly reduces the possibility of soldering turns of line to each other.
- The fishing line can also solder if, while mowing, it hits a hard object (stone, fence, dry twig, etc.) and pulls the line back.д.). Once it is done, it stretches a little and retracts back into the head at high speed. The friction causes the line to warm and the threads to stick together. The only thing to do to fix this malfunction. is to open the grass trimmer reel and rewind the line.
STIHL fs 38 trimmer bearing replacement
There are situations when a weed trimmer user notices a very sharp line flow. With all that, he never once hit the button on the ground to extend the line. A prerequisite for a line extension that is spontaneously cut by a special blade on the mowing head’s housing is the lack of a spring in the mowing head. It is not uncommon for first-time users of mowers, trying to load the line into the reel, to forget to install the pressure spring in the head, or to lose it completely when opening the cover, and soon, do not even know about its existence.
Also, line can be extended without using the button if the spring is loose. If checking of the spring confirms this fact, you should put some washers under the spring to increase its pressing force.
Owners trimmers, mostly new, come to the confusion, adjacent to panic, when it becomes necessary to change the cutting tool or line in the spool. Often when trying to unscrew a mower head, users simply render it unusable, unaware that it unscrews in the opposite direction. To avoid this, if you ever need to change the tool, it is recommended that you read the step-by-step guide on the next page.
- While tucking the line into the spool, turn off the engine brushcutter or no power trimmer electric grass to avoid injuries that occur when accidentally start the rotation of the cutting tool.
- Unscrew the bit attached to the gearbox shaft. To do this, the shaft must be secured by aligning the holes on the washer on the axle, and inserting an iron bar or screwdriver there.
Gasoline tool ignition system
- Take a piece of plywood or other textolite and draw a circumference of about 14 cm.
- Cut out the disk with a jigsaw or metal saw.
- Drill a hole in the center of the disk that matches the cross section of the gearbox shaft. You should also think ahead of time before installing the disk on the shaft, put a washer on this address.
- On the sides of the disk can be screwed small corners as it is also called make 1-2 holes on the reverse sides. They will serve to refill the fishing line.
- To fix the line, of course screw some self-tapping screws into the plywood.
Such a homemade mowing head is attached to the shaft with a nut. It is not possible to tighten or loosen the nut without fixing the shaft. To change the cord, you need to let go of the screws, stick a piece of fishing line of the desired length and press it and again.
Also it is possible to make a mowing head from sheet iron to fix a fishing line on it. How to do this, you can understand from the following video.
Grass trimmer spool design
mowing heads for trimmers come in various designs. both simple and complex. The picture below shows a semi-automatic trimmer head from Husqvarna brushcutter (Husqvarna) disassembled.
This type of head is present in the complete set of the majority of gasoline mowers and electric trimmers, such as STIHL (STIHL), Patriot (Patriot), Champion (Champion), Bosch (Bosch), Huter (Huter) and others. The design of the mowing head is quite simple. It includes the following parts:
- the base of the mowing head;
- A button for semi-automatic cord feed;
- bobbin (spool) into which the line is threaded;
- eyelets. through them, the fishing line comes out;
- trimmer head cover;
- line (cord).
Cordless trimmer options
Cordless grass trimmers are easy to use, and they actively help clear the grass around the house. Such units contain batteries with an indicator for charging. The shaft and handle are easy to adjust.
The advantages of cordless trimmers:
- without noise and also without wires you can take care of the lawn;
- Ideal for amateur use;
- has a low weight and holds its balance well.
The equipment comes in a series, and it includes the following.
- Height-adjustable boom. It can be adjusted at any time. Ideal for environments where more than one person uses the machine, and each person can adapt it to his or her own needs.
- The handle is shaped like a circle and is easy to adjust. It has six positions.
- The mowing unit is adjustable. It can be adjusted in four positions.
- Edges can be cut vertically. And you can angle it up to 90 degrees.
The best known cordless power tools are listed below.
Length of the device 154 cm. 5.5A. The lightest of all mowers. Can be used on larger areas.
Length is 165 cm. Current 8A. Ideal for mowing small areas.
Stihl Line Trimmer- How to Quickly Exchange the Head in 20 seconds.
Handy device for mowing lawns, flowerbeds, fences, etc. д. The engine is quiet enough, no exhaust fumes.
For tough grass and large areas. Two handles on the handle. The cutter bar has a diameter of 26 cm. The low noise level is beneficial for effective operation. Two blades on the cutting blade.
The history of this German brand begins in 1926. In the early stages of development, the company was engaged in the production and sale of various components for washing and steam engines. Like many companies, it all started small and focused on quality, as it is often the case.
In the early thirties, the first STIHL chainsaw was launched, already at a time of great use and function. The company is developing at a great pace, constantly introducing new tools, which gives it the opportunity to enter the international market. And already in 1931, the first regular deliveries of products to Russia were organized.
Today the company is active in over 160 countries around the world, opening new centers and production facilities in Switzerland, China and many other countries. This is quite understandable, because the range of the company is impressive: power drills, gasoline sprayers, mowers, gasoline grass trimmers, chain saws and much more. It should be noted that Shtil chain saws are very popular thanks to their functionality and affordable price.
STIHL brushcutters. Product Range. Particulars of use, maintenance. Possible malfunctions and troubleshooting
If you want to repair your STIHL grass trimmer, contact Pryamy Hands Ltd! We carry out maintenance of this equipment as an authorized service center. This guarantees constant availability of spare parts in stock or their quick delivery on customer request. Malfunctions are repaired as quickly as possible.
STIHL trimmers are in use today in 160 countries around the world including Russia. STIHL power tools and accessories are robust but are not immune to breakdowns.
STIHL grass trimmers are always in need of repair:
- STIHL lawn mowers stop when idling or under load;
- does not start;
- it does not start well, it does not start well;
- The trimmer head does not rotate;
- Smokes when starting;
- does not give the necessary power, does not mow the grass;
- Highly vibrating.
STIHL trimmers are known to have a variety of bugs and problems with repairs:
- jamming of the working tool;
- deformation of the rod;
- problems with carburetor, starter, fuel system;
- wear and tear of bearings;
- burnout of motor windings;
- damage to the power cord (for electric models);
- housing breakage;
- Breakage of the drive shaft;
- spark plug or ignition coil malfunction.
Is it possible to make a coil on the trimmer for grass with your own hands?
There are many trimmer heads on sale (not automatic) that are inexpensive and of good quality. But sometimes there are situations, for example, in the countryside, when the trimmer spool is broken, and its repair is impossible, the store is far away, and it is necessary to mow. In this case, you can quickly, literally in a few minutes, make a simple trimmer attachment for fixing the line from ordinary plywood 10-12 mm thick.
- Take a piece of plywood or textolite and draw a circle about 14 cm in diameter on it.
- Cut the blade with a jigsaw or metal saw.
- Drill a hole in the center of the disc to match the diameter of the gearbox shaft. Remember to put a washer on the disc before mounting it on the shaft.
- Screw in small square brackets along the edge of the disk or make one or two holes on each side. They will serve to thread the fishing line into them.
- To fasten the fishing line, you may screw a few screws into the plywood.
STIHL grass trimmer repair with your hands and instructions for STIHL FS-38 and 55 (STIHL FS), adjustment of carburetor
It is inherent in man to beautify the place where he spends the lion’s share of his time. Residents of cities resort to the services of designers, or try to change something in their homes, buy new furniture, wallpaper, so that when you come home after a hard day you can mentally relax in a comfortable environment. Residents of their own homes outside the city have very different concerns and requirements. It is necessary to timely mow bushes, grass, various dead wood, carefully monitor the condition of the household plot and garden. It is clear that this requires somewhat different means of achieving comfort. And then the new brainchild of engineering comes to the forefront. mowers.
Changing a line in your trimmer: 2 easy ways
Grass trimmer. a necessary and useful tool for the suburban area and private home. Many people own and actively use it, but not everyone knows how to change the line in the trimmer, especially at first.
In this instruction, let’s review the entire replacement process step by step. Getting ahead of the curve, there are two ways to fill the trimmer bobbin with fishing line. There is no fundamental difference. the difference is that in the first case one line folded in half will be refilled, while in the second case there will be two pieces of such line.