Running in the lawnmower: How to properly run in a new petrol grass trimmer and whether it needs running in?
- Interchangeable cutting equipment extends tool functionality. The STIHL FS 55 gasoline trimmer/Benzokoce comes with a disc for tough and overgrown grass, a disc for trimming bushes.
- Eye protection goggles. Gives direct and lateral protection, blows on the inside, doesn’t create a greenhouse effect on the windows, gives a good panoramic view.
- STIHL shoulder strap. Comfortable use of the trimmer increases productivity, reduces energy loss, evenly distributes the load, does not put pressure on the shoulder. Frees hands for productive mowing, locks mower in place during operation.
- The tank is made of translucent material that allows the operator to visually monitor the fuel level.
- Fuel consumption is controlled by system. Thanks to it, the grass trimmer economically consumes fuel, produces a small exhaust.
- Easy operation of the trimmer. No special knowledge or experience is needed for work with the tool. The buttons on the handlebar are marked with standard symbols, so you don’t have any trouble finding your way around.
- No electric drive. The chainsaw can be used anywhere in the great outdoors without a mains connection.
Running in the STIHL FS 55 petrol grass trimmer/ lawnmower. Instructions for the user
The grass trimmer’s running-in period is necessary for normal and continuous operation afterwards. During the running-in period the moving parts are lapped, the initial resistance in the driving mechanism is increased, to reduce this resistance the parts are slightly “worn out”. The newbie also gets the hang of the new trimmer with the running-in maneuver.
- Before you start the machine, prepare a fuel mix of the recommended oil and gasoline grades listed in the data sheet. The proportions are roughly as follows: by 2.5 liter AI.95L add 100 grams of STIHL oil in the red package. To use a mixing container made of plastic resistant to aggressive fluids or an aluminum pot. The normal canister is always rusted in micro patches, rust builds up in the carburetor of the saw and causes blockage and breakdown of the assembly.
Why your Weed Eater Won’t Stay Running. A Quick and Easy Fix
- The total running-in time is 3 to 4 hours. It is not recommended that the tool be operated for more than 15 minutes at idle speed during this period. Continuous starting for 20-30 seconds is necessary.
- It is possible to combine running in and doing light work without load, such as mowing non-rigid vegetation.
- Once every six months the tool with a warranty period should be brought to a service center for technical inspection and carburetor adjustment.
Lawn mower (gasoline grass trimmer). a compact and handy unit, which is indispensable today on the homestead and in the utility company.
Main difference between lawn mower and electric grass trimmer
Answering the question, what is the difference between a lawn mower and an electric grass trimmer, it is worth noting their power source. Based on the name, we can see that the lawnmower works on a fuel mixture (gasoline oil), and the electric trimmer for grass from the electric network.
To operate an electric grass trimmer necessarily requires an extension cord, which is not always convenient when mowing. Therefore, before you buy a particular unit, it is worth deciding on the area to mow and the availability of a power source. Gasoline grass trimmers in this comparison are more convenient to maneuver.
It is necessary to emphasize that gasoline grass trimmers are easy to operate. It is enough to see how other users use this device to start using it in full. The main technical functions are intuitive and easy to use. Properly run-in gasoline grass trimmer is also not difficult. Not much more, there is practically no difference between devices of household and professional categories.
The main difference is the type of motor. On expert machines, the engine is stronger and revs more. The two-stroke engine is more common in home-use models. The four-stroke models are more robust and produce more power, so they are suitable for special criteria, difficult and overgrown areas.
Also consider whether or not the cutting attachment is included.
Some more tips when working with a brushcutter
Mowing. Hold the grass trimmer head directly over the ground at an angle. The work is performed by the end of the string. Allow the string to run at its own speed. Do not press the trimmer line against the mowed area! This overloads the engine and the mowing head. they can break down or melt! Cutting. Grass trimmers are ideal for cutting grass that’s hard to reach with a regular lawnmower. While cutting, keep the string parallel to the ground. Avoid pressing the grass trimmer head against the ground, as you can ruin the lawn and damage the tool. Trimming with a knife. Make mowing by reciprocating motion from side to side, the motion from right to left is working, and from left to right is returning. The blade should cut the grass with its left edge (between 8 and 12 on a clock face).
How To Fix A String Trimmer That Won’t Throttle Up. Echo SRM-225 Complete Diagnoses and Repair VLOG
Protective equipment for brushcutters
I will continually talk about the basic rules of safe workmanship for each type of tool, as I think it is quite important. Yes, it is necessary to do some necessary work to make it beautiful, to make your soul happy, to be not worse than the neighbors’, but for all that. the main thing is not to damage your health, not to allow injuries to yourself personally, as well as to surrounding people and animals
Yes, you need to do some necessary work to be beautiful, to make your soul happy, to be no worse than the neighbors”, but for all that. the main thing is not to harm your health, not to allow injuries to themselves personally, as well as to surrounding people and animals.
lawn mowers are not connected to the mains therefore there is no danger of electric shock.
These grass mowers are fueled with gasoline, and gasoline is a flammable liquid (HFL).
This is one of the main dangers (ignition, fire, burns, explosion).
- Before starting work, always study the manual (instruction manual) of the lawnmower
- Observe fire safety rules. namely:
- Store gasoline (fuel) only in metal canisters with tightly closed lids (glass and plastic containers are not considered safe);
- The fuel mixture must be mixed and the fuel tank filled outdoors. NO SMOKING!;
- to pour fuel into the tank using a funnel, do not allow the mixture to spill. if fuel does spill, wipe the engine clean and leave it to evaporate completely. If there is fuel on the muffler exhaust pipe DO NOT START the engine!;
- Start the engine only outdoors;
- Do not fill the tank while the engine is running or when the engine is hot. If you need to refuel the engine shut down, let it cool down, then pour fuel into the tank;
- Always keep the fuel cap screwed on tight;
- A leaky, damaged fuel tank must be replaced immediately.
Here we have briefly reviewed the information on gasoline trimmers (brushcuts). In the next, third part, the pros and cons of electric and gasoline washers, how to get reliable information from the seller, when buying.
Also on this topic you can read:
electric grass trimmers. petrol grass trimmers. What to choose? Part 1
Running in of the Chinese chain saw. procedure
The main difference between most chainsaws from China and European and American brands is their high power. Because of this, Chinese garden tools need a longer run-in period.
Before starting to prepare the Chinese chainsaw, its owner must make sure that the carburetor settings are correctly set. If the adjustment has not been made by the manufacturer, then the settings will need to be set. And, experienced users do not recommend that beginners do the first adjustment of the carburetor themselves. It is best to take the saw to the service, whose employees specialize in the maintenance and repair of chainsaws from China.
Further running-in of the Chinese garden tools is performed in the following sequence:
- First the operator must fill the tool with fuel mixture and oil to lubricate the chain. It is necessary to remember about the principles of fuel preparation. Chinese saws need more engine oil than the European ones;
- After that you need to start the engine and leave it running at idle speed until the first tank of fuel has been completely used up. At the same time you need to start the engine every minute;
- Then you need to fill up the chainsaw again and start cutting small dry branches. Work with wood at minimum load on the engine of the tool and stop the engine to cool down every 15 minutes;
- As soon as the second tank of fuel is used up, you need to add fresh fuel mixture and start cutting medium thickness wood. It is necessary to saw small branches and logs until the third fuel tank is empty;
- After that you need to wait for the engine to cool down completely and then refuel the chainsaw for sawing large thickness logs.
The main requirement during the running-in of a new Chinese chain saw is to take breaks when the plastic body of the tool becomes too hot. This indicates an extreme speed of rotation of the crankshaft, which can lead to a violation of its fixation and a breakdown of the engine cylinder rod.
Putting on the belt
The grass trimmer cannot be operated without the belt: it both redistributes tension from the arms to the shoulders and back and helps optimize recoil. The belt should be put on the already assembled device when the bar is in the engine slot.
The belt itself is fastened to the metal loop, which provides a snug fit even under maximum load. Belt fastening design is the same in all models and does not require additional manipulation during installation. Simply loop the loop through the eyelets provided and it is locked.
Simply slipping the belt on is not enough. Adjustment of the belt is based on the individual’s height. Make sure that the belt is properly tensioned by operating. If your shoulders and arms don’t get tired fast enough during mowing, and the vibration doesn’t cause muscle discomfort, then the belt is aligned correctly. If your hands get tired quickly, you should turn off the device, loosen the belt, and tighten it again to your height. Carry out this procedure until the grass trimmer is lying evenly “in your hand”, and on the weight of his boom length will be optimal in relation to the surface.
It is quite easy to adjust the length of the belt with the loop: just tighten it to shorten it or loosen it to increase the length.
How to run-in a two-stroke engine properly?
Correct running-in of the engine will be optimal, the so-called cyclic mode of operation. You immediately get to work, with about one minute working at full throttle, then 5-10 seconds at idle speed.
For a complete running-in period you should burn 5 to 6 tanks of fuel, work for 15 to 20 minutes and leave the saw idle for an equal amount of time. In the case of running-in at idle speed, the soot that reproduces in the interior of the engine will settle on the rings, which can cause them to settle on the piston and consequently render it inoperable.
How to break in the chainsaw correctly?
For a complete running-in, you need to burn 5-6 tanks of fuel, while working 15-20 minutes and the same amount of time to keep the saw at rest. If you run the engine at idle, the soot that is produced in the engine will settle on the rings and could deposit on the pistons, and consequently cause damage to the piston.
Run-in occurs during operation at 50-75% of maximum power. Take a break every 20 minutes of work and let the engine cool for 15 minutes, then repeat the cycle. In this mode work out about 5 hours, then do the oil change.
Start running-in the lawnmower
After start-up, don’t rush immediately to run-in the grass trimmer. Allow the engine to idle for about 5 minutes to warm up. While the engine is warming up adjust the airflow with the choke knob so that the line or knife bobbin does not rotate. As soon as the tool is warmed up let’s open the air inlet completely by moving the lever to “ON” position and squeeze the throttle trigger 1/2 and hold it for about 2030 seconds. Then throttle off and let the trimmer work for 30 seconds at idle speed.40 seconds. Keep operating in this mode for 1015 minutes. Then turn it off and let it rest for 1520 minutes.
After the lawnmower has cooled down continue running in according to the previous scheme. Start the grass trimmer when it is hot with the air damper open. Try not to hold the gas for a long time, because moving parts of the tool only rub against each other. And do not let the engine idle for a long time because it can overheat.
The next step is running in of the reducer of the gasoline grass mower. To do this you need to choose an area with soft young grass. Mow for 510 minutes with nudges at 1/22/3 of full throttle. Then we make a break for 20 25 minutes. Repeat this cycle 34 times.
Generally running in of the lawnmower according to the described algorithm is done until fuel mixture in the tank is fully exhausted. After that the tool is ready to work for a long time. During operation, monitor the temperature of the gearbox and motor. They should not overheat.