How to Disassemble a Makita Screwdriver Chuck
Repair of the chuck and the second parts of the Makita screwdriver Here we will consider a screwdriver from the well-known Makita brand, describe its technical characteristics and general device, tell about the main dilemmas and defects that arise during the use of the tool, except how to diagnose a breakdown at home and repair this or that element of the screwdriver. Makita screwdriver Description, general information Makita company [.]
How to remove a drill with a properly chuck
If there is anything left to do for our client regularly, then in theory there should be no problems with getting. After the myth in this section is quickly devoted to the completely ignorant of anything about the power tool users, because the operation itself is simple. In any case, there are a lot of people, so this information may be useful to someone.
In this situation, you will need a special key to unlock the main cartridge, or straight arms to relax its quick-release analog.
At the beginning, you need to stick the key into one of the grooves on the cartridge, and start turning it counterclockwise. The promotion takes place by using the existing teeth on both objects.
In the 2nd, the drill should be turned on in reverse (reverse rotation) mode. With one hand we hold the outer casing of the lamp, and with the other we press the start button. If your car is not armed with a reverse, then this is not entirely great. Generally speaking, it is not necessary to hold one, because only the main cartridges are placed on such devices. Nevertheless, if this happened, then you need to fix the drills in any way (for example, with an open-end wrench) and twisting the outer lamp body counterclockwise. In general, here it would be better to remove such a cartridge and put the main.
The drill is stuck
There are situations when the drill cannot be removed at the end of the work. Unscrewing the couplings by hand does not help if the chuck is keyless, nor the key if the chuck is key. You tried to turn on the drill and, using reverse, tried to reach the object, but it did not work. We fixed the drill firmly and tried to loosen the cartridge with tangential blows, but this did not bring the desired result. So it’s time to turn to more massive equipment.
There are not so many ways to remove the drill from the drill:
- Pressure and gas wrench. The method involves the use of two gas wrenches or one wrench and a vice. It is necessary to firmly fix one half, and the other. Trying to dislodge with a key.
- Pressure and hammer. One half is fixed in a vice, and the other. With tangential blows, the hammer moves from a dead center. With the help of the generated vibrations and sharp point effects, it is possible to solve the problem.
If the methods above did not work, then you can completely unscrew the chuck together with the drill, fix it in a vice and, picking up a screwdriver or some metal rod of the required diameter, knock the drill out of the chuck.
For information on how to properly fix the drill in the drill, see the following.
How to insert a drill into a drill?
This operation is simple and quick, however some rules must be followed. Step-by-step instructions will keep you safe while setting the drill into the drill.
- Disconnect the instrument from the mains.
- Then choose a suitable drill, taking into account the nature of the work, the material in which the hole will be made and the compatibility of the drill with the drill.
- Place the drill into the chuck with the shank inward (“shank”).
- Then you should fix the cartridge, taking its appearance. If it is key, then fix it with a special key with teeth, if it is quick-clamping, then fix it with your hands.
- Once the drill is secured, make sure that it does NOT wobble in the chuck and that there is no play.
- Then you can get to work.
It is worth noting that the choice of drills depends on your electric drill. There are various models with a variety of technical equipment and capabilities. Some drills cannot, for example, be used for metal work. Others. Allows installation of drills with diameters from 0.8 to 10 mm or from 1.5 to 13 mm. It is not recommended to buy cheap drills made of low-quality metal, it is better to overpay, but make sure that the tool works properly and for a long time.
How to remove a drill from a drill?
If you need to change a drill that has become unusable, or due to a change in the nature of the work, you need to install another, then the process is even simpler than when setting the drill.
In this case, there is also a Step-by-step instruction.
- Turn off and unplug the power drill.
- Depending on the chuck, use a wrench or by hand. Turn the sleeve counterclockwise to loosen the chuck. Try NOT to handle the drill as it may remain hot for a while after use.
- Absorbed the previous drill from the chuck, change it to another and continue working or put the tool away for storage.
If you cannot return the cartridge the first time, there is no need to rush to the workshops, most often it is enough just to put more effort.
How to change a drill bit in a drill. Getting by without help!
The drill can not always be removed from the chuck in the usual way. As a result of heavy loading or improper fixation, it can jam the cartridge. How to get the drill out of the drill without damaging the fasteners and tools? First of all, try to cool the cartridge well. Sometimes this is already enough for the cams to release the drill a little, and you could pull it out.
The most proven method for removing a jammed tool is to tap the cams. For this, the free end of the drill is fixed in a vice, a wooden bar is applied to the chuck, through which tapping is carried out. This vibration of the chuck can weaken the grip and release the tool. This method is useful both for owners of classic fasteners and for owners of quick-release fasteners. Extraction is sometimes possible after lubricating the drill with machine oil or the popular WD-40 grease.
The latter method is better, because the sprayer will quickly reach the desired points of contact between the drill and the chuck. In any case, after lubrication, you will need to wait a bit for the substance to penetrate deeper. Sometimes, in especially difficult cases, the problem is solved only after dipping the entire cartridge in machine oil or vegetable oil. If neither one nor the other is at hand, you can make a “bath” of your drill and gasoline. Keep the cartridge in liquid for at least an hour. Combining methods will help you remove a jammed drill even faster.
How to spin a drill and change a drill without a key?
How to open the drill chuck?
The purpose of the chuck on the drill. Secure attachment of a drill or other attachments (construction mixer, grinding wheel, etc.). The fixation is carried out by three mechanical “fingers”, which are brought together and spread using a threaded mechanism.
There are two main types of cartridge:
- Keyless variety. To open such a structure, it is enough to grab the body with your fingers and, turn on the reverse rotation, briefly press the trigger of the tool. The drill will turn the shaft by itself, spread the “fingers” securing the drill. Such a chuck is easier to use, but the reliability of fixing the tool will be slightly lower.
- Keyed variety. Key. The device is T-shaped, at one of the ends of which there is a bevel gear. The two second ends serve as a handle for rotation. To unscrew or tighten the cartridge, the key is inserted into the hole on the body and rotated, holding the body with the other hand.
The wrench is usually supplied with the power tool. It either lies in the box or is attached to the power cord with special fasteners.
What to do if the key is lost?
If the key is missing, it will be difficult to remove the drill. The easiest option. Deal with the problem with brute force. The parts of the clamping device are held with the right and left hand and rotated in opposite directions. However, if the chuck is tightened too tightly or the drill has been used for a long time, it is unlikely that it will be possible to unscrew the thread.
To enhance the applied impact, use various tools or homemade devices. Here are some ways:
- Experienced craftsmen loosen the fastening of the cartridge with a few tangential blows with the edge of the right palm. The drill is held with the left hand in the position of the drill from itself. Lack of method. Out of habit, you can injure your palm. Yes, and with a tightly tightened (and even more so behaved or jammed) mechanism in this way will NOT cope.
- A metal shaft is selected, the diameter of which allows it to be inserted into the hole on the chuck. In this capacity, you can use a nail, an old drill, a pin. The main thing is that the metal is strong enough and does NOT bend from the applied force. The screwdriver is inserted into the slot of the chuck and acts as a lever (while the support goes to the shaft). It is enough to slightly loosen the thread, and you can pull out the drill by untwisting the mechanism by hand.
- The cartridge is clamped in a vice or held tightly with a gas wrench. The shaft is inserted into the hole, and then, applying muscular effort, the mechanism is unwound or twisted.
No matter how you lose the key?
In order not to face empty-handed unfinished work, it is important to properly organize the workspace. Such an organization will allow NOT to lose sight of the key every time after changing the tool.
The easiest way to protect yourself from loss is in your own workshop. Here you need to create a permanent place to store the turntable and always put it there. In this case, the storage location should be convenient enough and at hand:
- Many manufacturers supply their instrument with an eyelet for attaching a turntable. It is placed either under the handle or near the fork. We insert the key into this hole, you can be calm. He will not get lost. The only drawback. Over time, the mount wears out and breaks.
- The keyhole is made of insulating tape. It is attached to the power cord. The attachment point is usually located 50-60 cm from the handle. So the turntable will not interfere with your work and will always remain at hand.
- By attaching a ring to the key, you can hang it on a hook next to the workbench.
If in the process of work it turned out that the spinner from the clamping mechanism was lost, the main thing. Do not panic. With the help of folk methods, it is quite possible to release the chuck, get or change the drill, finish the job.