Petrol trimmer specifications
When purchasing this or that tool, they pay attention to the design and technical equipment. The gasoline trimmer has the following characteristics:
- Engine’s type. It can be two-stroke (2T) or four-stroke (4T). The second is quieter and less vibrating, but more expensive.
- Power. The indicator determines what loads the equipment will withstand. A device with a power of 175-550 W can only cope with thin lawn grass, in order to remove coarse, thick and wet weeds, a power of 600-1000 W is needed.
- Cutting part. A fishing line, knife or disc is used as a rig. The selected type depends on the width of processing and, as a result, the speed of removal of thickets. The petrol lawn mower, thanks to the disc as a cutting tool, processes the selected area faster.
- Design and ergonomics. The device can weigh from 4 to 9 kg. This indicator is influenced by the volume of the engine and gas tank. Comfort depends on the type of strap and grip. Lighter models Equipped with loop-shaped handle and more powerful ergonomic bicycle-style handle.
This option differs from the previous one in improved technical characteristics. In the process of use, attention is paid to the motor, which is important to protect from overloads. In addition, upon completion of work, care is required, which consists in cleaning and removing grass from the cutting part of the tool. The professional gasoline trimmer is endowed with the following positive characteristics:
- Reliable engine;
- High power;
- Excellent performance;
- Different thickness of the fishing line;
- Anti-vibration system;
- Shoulder strap.
A professional gasoline trimmer has the following disadvantages:
- Heavy weight;
- High price;
- The need for dexterity to work.
How to choose a petrol trimmer?
The tool has NO limited mobility and a powerful engine that expands the range of use of the tool. Those who first decided to purchase such a tool are interested in which gasoline trimmer is better to choose. The first thing to consider is the availability of a service center within reach and the ability to purchase spare parts. When choosing, pay attention to the following points:
- Engine power;
- Type of cutting tool;
- Rod and handle type;
- Belt equipment;
- Cutting width;
- Gas tank volume;
- Number of additional attachments.
This type of trimmer is also used for cutting thick bushes and young trees. The equipment and service costs are higher compared to other options. The tool can work for several hours without stopping. The lawn mower is endowed with the following parameters:
- High power;
- A set of nozzles;
- Shoulder girdle;
- Anti-vibration system;
- Convenient control panel;
- Metal knife and synthetic thread.
Gasoline trimmer. what is it, the device and the main characteristics of the technique
In the modern world, the hand scythe is a thing of the past, its place was taken by a functional device. a gasoline trimmer. Its appearance saved people from increased stress and greatly facilitated the process of fighting the grass. To use the technique to its fullest, it is important to know how to choose the right model.
Used for mowing grass in the country or other small areas. The device has a relatively short lifespan and a not very convenient control panel. They can work continuously for only 20 minutes. Then you need to take a break for 10 minutes. The household gasoline trimmer is endowed with the following positive characteristics:
- Light weight;
- Two-stroke engine;
- Flexible shaft;
- Low price.
In addition, the gasoline household trimmer has some disadvantages:
- Fast engine overheating;
- Limited access to management;
- The consistency of the fuel is important.
Petrol trimmer rating
Among a wide variety of models, an inexperienced person can get confused and make a mistake with the choice. To avoid this, you need not only to know the main characteristics, but also to be familiar with the most popular options. To date, the ranking of the best models is as follows:
- Stihl FS38. Super lightweight model for cutting short grass. The Stihl petrol trimmer works only with a line.
- Patriot PT 4555 ES. Used for cutting tall growth. Long run-in needs.
- Huter GGT-2500S. Powerful model with low fuel consumption. Can beautify shrubs and small trees.
- AL-KO 112387 FRS 4125. Differs in an effective anti-vibration system and a wide range of applications.
- Echo SRM-2305SI. Versatile model with low weight.
- Makita EBH341U. The petrol trimmer features a four-stroke engine and less vibration.
- Husqvarna 323R. The lightest model. Optionally install a hedge trimmer or delimber.
- Oleo-Mac Sparta 25 Impressive dimensions with low engine power.
- Solo 154. One of the most powerful professional options.
- Stihl FS 490 C-EM K. The most powerful model.
In terms of technical characteristics, it is somewhere in between the previous options. The cutting part is represented by a screw knife or nylon line. This petrol trimmer lawnmower has the following features:
- Good engine power;
- Vibration damping system;
- Straight bar.
Types of petrol trimmer
The popularity of the device led to the appearance of various modifications. There are several types of gasoline grass trimmer, so there are models that are used for domestic or professional needs. Let’s consider various options and find out for which work it is recommended to use each of them, so that the device will work for the maximum amount of time, and not create problems for the owner.
How to start a trimmer motor or lawn mowers?
The new trimmer is easy to use in water.
- Check the motor type of the device. Trimmers are equipped with a 2 or 4 stroke motor.
- Buy oil for this type of engine. Gasoline for a trimmer. AI-92/93/98, sold at all gas stations.
- Mix oil with gasoline. Mineral oil is mixed in a ratio of 1: 34 with petrol, synthetics. in a 1: 50 Follow the trimmer manufacturer’s recommendations for oil viscosity (see the label on the flask). All-season oil 5W-30 is used more often. DO NOT use untested car oils.
- Pour a small amount (e.G. 0.5 liters) of the resulting fuel into the tank.
- Close the air damper by sliding the desired lever (see instructions).
- Turn the ignition key (or handle) to the on position. otherwise the trimmer will NOT start. Beginners often make this mistake.
- Pump some fuel into the carburetor. if there is a manual “rocker” with a separate button or lever (see the Instruction). It takes 4-7 clicks.
- Place the trimmer on a level surface.
- Pull on the starter cord carefully until you feel it slow down. Then pull it out sharply, but not completely. Repeat this movement up to 4 more times.
- If the engine does NOT start, open the air damper again, otherwise the candles will flood with gasoline with further movements of the cord. Perform 2-3 attempts to start the engine with an open handbrake.
- If the engine still does not start, close the choke and make a few more attempts to start it.
- After starting the engine, press the throttle lever, engage idle.
The reason the trimmer fails can be:
- Overflow of the tank;
- Excessive pumping of fuel into motors equipped with a manual supercharger;
- Wear in the motor of valves, cylinders, injectors, cam followers and other moving parts;
- The tanks are out of gasoline and / or oil;
- The spark plug is out of order;
- Clogged fuel or air filters;
- The valves in the motor are out of alignment or burnt.
How to start a petrol trimmer?
How to start the trimmer correctly is a question that the owners are puzzled with in the event of a device breakdown. And after a successful repair of the trimmer, the owner tries to avoid repeating the same situation.
Starting the lawn mowers for the first time or after a long period of inactivity
A lawn mower differs from a trimmer in that it is NOT a fishing line that acts as a grass cutter, but a mechanical reducer or a winch based on gears, equipped with a knife. The knife drive is much more powerful than the forestry mechanism. a powerful lawn mower is also used when cutting bushes. Both Chinese and European lawn mowers are NOT special when the declared power is real.
To lubricate the gears of the reducer, lithol or grease is used. After checking the gearbox, prepare the motor itself for operation. according to the above instructions. If the start fails, the fault is already in the engine.
Adding fuel through the spark plug holes
If the trimmer engine has manual pumping and the device does NOT start, add a little more fuel to the engine itself through the spark plugs. Do the following.
- Check if the fuel level in the tank is sufficient to drain a small amount. It only takes 20 ml.
- Remove the cap from the candle and unscrew it with a candle wrench.
- If a used trimmer plug is dirty, rinse and ignite it. There should not be any deposits on the electrode of the candle. DO NOT damage the ceramic center conductor insulator. In a new trimmer, check the spark plugs for a factory defect.
- Return the spark plug back and check the spark ignition (discharge between the electrodes) when the starter is triggered.
- Remove the candle again. Using a 20 or 50 cc syringe, pour 20 ml of gasoline into the plug hole.
- Insert and fix the candle, set the value of its technological gap at least and not more than a millimeter.
- Prime fuel using the priming button (or lever). if your trimmer model has one. Press the button every 4 seconds.
Now try to start the motor. Close the air damper immediately after starting.
Gasoline and trimmer oil ratio
As practice shows, more than half of all lawn mowers breakdowns are associated with the introduction of an incorrectly prepared fuel mixture. Most often, the reason for this lies in the ignorance of novice gardeners in the need to observe this proportion. This is what suffers Not only the engine and the ignition system of the tool, but also its other important mechanisms.
The ratio of oil to gasoline for each lawn mower model may be different. Some manufacturers advise mixing 2-stroke engine oil and gasoline in a 1:50 ratio, that is, diluting 20 ml of oil in 1 liter of fuel. Others recommend keeping a ratio of 1:40, that is, dilute at least 25 ml of lawn mower oil in 1 liter of gasoline.
How to dilute the gasoline will help Careful reading of the enclosed instructions for the lawn mower. Units from different manufacturers differ in the volume of fuel tanks and the materials from which they are made. The instructions attached to the units give an exact answer to the question of how much oil is required per liter of gasoline.
How to choose the right proportion?
The lawnmower is filled with A-92 gasoline. There are other factory instructions that require second-octane gasoline. For example, A-95. The difference in cost is minimal.
Oil selection does not take liberties. For two-stroke engines, the API sets a specific order:
- For tillers, lawn mowers, air cooled mopeds. I class;
- Engines with a cylinder volume of 200 cm³. TB class oil;
- Recommends the use of TC class oils for all-terrain vehicles and motorcycles;
- Yacht engines, hydro scooters, motor boats use TD brand lubricant.
From the above list, engine lubricating fluid of the last two positions is not recommended for use with trimmer power units. Letter designations indicate from which petroleum products the lubricating fluid is made.
Useful advice number 1
It is necessary to observe the proportions of oil and gasoline for the fuel mixture specified by the manufacturers in the operating instructions. Chinese manufacturers most often indicate the proportion of 1 part oil to 25 parts of gasoline, in Stihl and Husqvarna this proportion will be 1/50. When preparing a small volume of the mixture (up to 1 liter), it is very important to carefully measure the amount of oil entering the mixture. Even small miscalculations in the amount of oil can lead to serious inconsistencies in the mixture. In THESE cases, a medical syringe can be used for accurate dosing.
The fuel mixture must be prepared in a clean container specially designed for this. (See Figure 2)
Figure 2 Canister for mixing gasoline and Stihl oil, 5 liters.
How to use the trimmer correctly? Proportion of gasoline and oil
Modern trimmers are a reliable technique that can last a long time without serious damage. However, improper use and maintenance can significantly shorten the life of the selected model. To prevent this from happening, every novice gardener should learn the rules for starting and using lawn mowers, as well as the peculiarities of preparing a fuel mixture for refueling a tool.
A mixture of gasoline and oil for two-stroke engines
When buying equipment, you should study the instructions. in it, the manufacturer can recommend the best way to prepare the fuel mixture. For air cooled models use a 1:40 mix. Equipment that uses synthetic oil is best suited for fuel diluted 1:50. It is necessary to select the desired option in each case for a specific device.
Work is carried out in high-quality and dense gloves
After the ratio of oil and gasoline for the trimmer is determined, you can refuel the device.
It is better to pour liquids into the tank in the fresh air, and not in the garage
Recommendations for mixing and filling the gas tank:
To find out how to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil, you need to study the instructions for the device.
How much oil to pour into gasoline. mixing rules
Having figured out how much oil to pour into gasoline, you can start preparing the fuel mixture. This will require a clean metal or plastic canister. First, the required amount of gasoline is poured, and then the lubricant is added in the required volume. Finished dilution, tilt the canister a couple of times.
As a result of repeated shaking, the liquids are mixed, and the prepared fuel acquires a uniform color. Depending on the color of the added oil, the finished liquid may be greenish, bluish or reddish.
When performing work, safety precautions and fire regulations should be observed. Mixing work must be carried out in a ventilated area, and even better outdoors. Do not smoke when working with flammable liquids. Mixing must be performed with gloves to protect the skin from aggressive liquids.
The prepared mixture fills the fuel tank and the gas tank cap is tightly closed. Gasoline mixed with oil can be stored in a tightly closed canister. Gasoline mixed with oil retains its properties for a month.
How to mix oil with gasoline for 2t engines of chainsaws and trimmers
Types of lawn mowers
Today, on liquid specialized trading platforms, there is a large selection of devices for mowing grass, small bushes. For example, lawn mowers are offered with an electric motor, with gasoline power plants. Lawn mowers equipped with diesel motors are NOT available as they are slow-speed.
Liquid statistics show the superiority of a lawn mower with internal combustion engines over electric counterparts. Electric scythe is used in places where there is a stationary electrical network.