How to choose a drill for home
How to choose a drill for your home if there are thousands of different models from manufacturers from different countries on the modern market? Which of them should be preferred and how to be sure of the reliability of the device? over, if you have no experience in buying such equipment?
Today, choosing a drill for a home is a serious task that requires certain knowledge. Therefore, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the main types of this tool in order to find out their advantages and disadvantages.
Most household drills are packed in a cardboard box. This can be convenient for craftsmen who already have a tool case, that is, it is possible to conveniently carry the tool. expensive models, often rechargeable, are equipped with a plastic case. This is a handy plastic case with ergonomic handles. It is easy to carry and easy to store. Cordless drills may be supplied in different versions: some are supplied without a charger and without a battery. This arrangement is beneficial, first of all, to those who already have units of the same brand on the battery in their arsenal. Now manufacturers produce a line of different equipment, which is suitable for 1 battery. Second option. This is when both the charger and the battery (sometimes more than one) go to the drill. This increases the level of practicality because it ensures that the tool is ready for use at any time.
The main characteristics of the selection
How to choose an electric drill and what should be guided by? This question is often of interest to users who have decided to purchase this unit for themselves.
So, study these indicators:
- Tool power. This parameter is the main one when choosing an aggregate. The higher the power, the wider the range of work can be performed, but this does not give you a 100% guarantee that only due to the power, the drill can work in reinforced concrete, interfere with complex solutions or perform the functions of a screwdriver. And for a home, especially high power is not always needed, because this increases its weight and dimensions, and also puts a lot of stress on the hands. Our recommendation. Pay attention to drills 750-900 W;
- Reducer. The type of gearbox determines the reliability and practicality of any model in operation. Reducers can be 1-speed and 2-speed. Additional drive links increase torque, which is measured in Nm. Torque. One of the key indicators for a drill, which allows you to perform a large scope of work without too much stress on the tool. But also the material of the gear housing plays a key role. It must be reliable and efficiently dissipate heat. It is better to choose a drill for the house with a metal gear, since the heat transfer coefficient of metal is higher than that of plastic. But today plastic also has high reliability thanks to modern technologies;
- Speed control. Convenient and practical function that allows you to increase efficiency and accuracy when screwing elements. In drills, it is implemented in the following way. Adjustment depends on pressing the power button or by individual electronics units that are able to stabilize a certain number of revolutions and help the drill not to lose them even under heavy load;
- Chuck type. The most common. Jaw and keyless chuck. Cam. The most popular and cheapest. Well suited for those jobs where you do not need to change drills or other consumables so often. A keyless chuck, on the contrary. Convenient when changing accessories frequently;
- Impact mode (I explained in detail about it in the previous section). A tool with this function is universal. Today it is the most demanded in home and construction work.
If the chips are clogged
An option is possible in which the chips could clog into the chuck and interfere with its scrolling. There is a way out of this. It is necessary to fix the chuck in a vise and apply light blows with a hammer tangentially. This will cause the shavings to be distributed throughout the chuck due to vibration and will allow the mechanism to spin quietly. Sometimes you need to pull the chuck out of the drill and insert its pin into a vice, and try to unscrew the outer edge with a wrench. Thus, it will definitely be possible to achieve the result.
The cartridge is in a vice. Source: mekkain.Ru
In this article, the options for opening the cartridges were considered, what to do if the key is lost, and what actions to take when chips enter the thread of the cartridge.
Greetings to everyone in the next article! While operating this or that device, the user sometimes encounters unpleasant moments. Today I will touch on one of them. In this text, I decided to give some tips on how to remove the drill from the drill if you can’t do it. The reasons why this seemingly simple thing cannot be done can be very different. Here I described the main aspects on this topic and identified three main areas that I consider necessary to disclose:
- Replacement of a drill in a normally working chuck;
- Pulling out the drill without a key;
- Removing a drill that is stuck due to one or another existing damage.
Let’s consider each of these circumstances separately.
How to change a drill in a drill without a key
As the subtitle suggests, this is about key patrons.
The most common method is to use a Phillips screwdriver or a nail of a suitable diameter, which is inserted into any of the available recesses on the chuck, thereby securing the first half of it. You can try to twist the other half by hand. Usually in this way it turns out to be quite easy to unwind.
However, if it does not work out this way, then you can use a gas wrench or a vice instead of a hand. Using them, you will be able to create the necessary effort, which is most likely enough to carry out the rotation.
If these steps still don’t work, try what is described in the next section.
How not to lose your key?
In order not to face empty-handed unfinished work, it is important to properly organize the workspace. Such an organization will allow you not to lose sight of the key every time you change the tool.
The easiest way to protect yourself from loss is in your own workshop. Here you need to create a permanent place to store the turntable and always put it there. In this case, the storage location should be convenient enough and at hand:
- Many manufacturers supply their instrument with an eyelet for attaching a turntable. It is placed either under the handle or near the fork. By inserting the key into this hole, you can rest assured that it will not get lost. The only drawback is that over time, the mount wears out and breaks.
- The keyhole is made of insulating tape. It is attached to the power cord. The attachment point is usually located 50-60 cm from the handle. So the turntable will not interfere with your work and will always remain at hand.
- Having attached a ring to the key, you can hang it on the hook next to the workbench.
If in the process of work it turned out that the spinner from the clamping mechanism was lost, the main thing is not to panic. With the help of folk methods, it is quite possible to release the chuck, get or change the drill, finish the job.
Each instrument has its own peculiarity. It is typical for a drill that the drill should be held as tight as possible. This is done by a mechanism that, when rotating, clamps the drill with its “fingers”. To make this operation possible, drill manufacturers have invented special keys that are inserted into the groove and, by turning, fix the grooves. This article will discuss several methods for opening the cartridge.
What to do if the key is lost?
If the key is missing, it will be difficult to remove the drill. The easiest option is to deal with the problem with brute force. The parts of the clamping device are held with the right and left hand and rotated in opposite directions. However, if the chuck is tightened too tightly or the drill has been used for a long time, it will hardly be possible to unscrew the thread.
To enhance the applied impact, use various tools or homemade devices. Here are some ways:
- Experienced craftsmen loosen the fastening of the cartridge with a few tangential blows with the edge of the right palm. The drill is held with the left hand in the position of the drill from itself. The disadvantage of this method is that the palm can be injured from habit. And even with a tightly tightened (and even more so, a behavioral or jammed) mechanism, this way can not be handled.
- A metal shaft is selected, the diameter of which allows it to be inserted into the hole on the chuck. In this capacity, you can use a nail, an old drill, a hairpin. The main thing is that the metal is strong enough and does not bend from the applied effort. A screwdriver is inserted into the slot of the chuck and acts as a lever (while the support goes to the shaft). It is enough to slightly loosen the thread, and you can pull out the drill by untwisting the mechanism with your hands.
- The cartridge is clamped in a vice or held tightly with a gas wrench. The shaft is inserted into the hole, and then, applying muscular effort, the mechanism is unwound or twisted.
How to spin the drill and change the drill without a key?
The purpose of the chuck on the drill is to securely attach the drill or other attachments (construction mixer, grinding wheel, etc.). Fixation is carried out by three mechanical "fingers", which are brought together and spread using a threaded mechanism.
There are two main types of cartridge:
- Keyless variety. To open such a structure, it is enough to grab the body with your fingers and, turning on the reverse rotation, briefly press the trigger of the tool. The drill will turn the shaft by itself, spreading the “fingers” securing the drill. Such a chuck is easier to work with, but the reliability of fixing the tool will be somewhat lower.
- Keyed variety. The key is a T-shaped device, at one of the ends of which there is a bevel gear. The other two ends serve as a handle for rotation. To unscrew or tighten the cartridge, the key is inserted into the hole on the body and rotated while holding the body with the other hand.
Typically, the wrench is included with the power tool. It either lies in the box or is attached to the power cord with a special mount.
http://plitochkin.ru/%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BA-%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%8B%D1%82%D1%8C- % D0% BF% D0% B0% D1% 82% D1% 80% D0% BE% D0% BD-% D0% B4% D1% 80% D0% B5% D0% BB% D0% B8-% D0% B1 % D0% B5% D0% B7-% D0% BA% D0% BB% D1% 8E% D1% 87% D0% B0 /