Almost every novice when using a trimmer is faced with the problem of changing the line. Despite the fact that changing the fishing line is very simple, you must learn to do it right. Replacing the fishing line with proper dexterity will take no more than five minutes. just enough to constantly practice it. This article will discuss replacing fishing line with Patriot trimmers as an example.
In order to change the fishing line, you must remove the old one (if it was).
A coil is a part of the trimmer design, which is located inside the head of the lawn mowing, drum or reel. Depending on the manufacturer, the heads may be different. But this article only discusses Patriot, although their mechanism is used by many other companies.
Now you need to understand how to properly remove the head from the trimmer and how to remove the drum from it.
Instructions on how to unwind the hand head on the trimmer are described below.
- First of all, you need to clean the head of dirt and adhering grass, if it is dirty. To do this, it is necessary to raise the lawn mowing head up and, holding the casing, remove the special protective cover, dressed on the drum.
- The next step is to remove the coil from the drum. The reel is easily removable even with one hand, because it is not fixed inside the drum.
- The drum itself is bolted to the trimmer. This bolt must be unscrewed, after which you can easily pull out the drum. To do this carefully, you should support the drum with the reel, while unscrewing the screw counterclockwise.
- Now you can pull the coil out. As mentioned above, it is not fixed by anything, except for a hook with a metal shaft, so it does not need to be pulled out with force. Carefully, in a circular motion, pull the reel out of the drum.
- Now it remains to remove the old fishing line and follow the following instructions.
Installing the reel and drum in its original place is performed according to the inverse algorithm.
Before the process of refueling the fishing line, you should make sure that a thread suitable for the trimmer has been purchased. In the event that the thread is not suitable, the fuel or energy consumption increases, as well as the load on the engine of the lawn mowers.
In order to directly replace the thread itself, you need to prepare a piece of thread of the required size. Most often, this requires about 4 m of fishing line. The specific figure will depend on the parameters of the thread, for example, its thickness, as well as on the parameters of the coil itself. If it is not possible to determine the exact length, it can be done as follows: insert and twist the thread to such a state that the reel is fully charged (the level of the fishing line compares with the protrusions on the sides of the reel). Care must be taken to ensure that the line sits in the reel evenly.
Video: How To Unscrew A Patriot Trimmer Head
Do not forget that a thick thread will be shorter than a thin one.
The instructions for refueling fishing line are described below.
- The prepared thread must be taken and folded in half. It should be ensured that one edge is 0.1-0.15 m longer than the other.
- Now you need to take the ends in different hands. The one that is smaller must be pulled to the larger, so that it becomes 2 times shorter. When bending, an indent of 0.15 m should be maintained.
- Locate the slot inside the baffle of the coil. Carefully thread the loop that came out earlier into this slot.
- To continue work, it is necessary to determine the direction of winding the thread in the bobbin. To do this, it is enough to inspect the coil. there should be an arrow on it.
- If the pointer arrow could not be found, then it is entirely possible that there is a written designation. An example is shown in the photo below. Inspect the coil head. It has a direction indicator. However, this is the direction of movement of the coil. To get the direction of winding, you need to wind in the opposite direction.
- Now you need to fill the reel with fishing line. It is worth paying attention that there are special guide grooves inside the coil. When wrapping the thread, these grooves must be followed, otherwise the trimmer may be damaged. At this stage, you need to charge the coil very carefully.
- When the user winds almost the entire thread, you should take the short end (do not forget about the protrusion of 0.15 m) and stretch it into the hole located in the wall of the coil. Now you need to repeat this action similarly with the other end (on the other hand).
- Put the coil itself in the head of the spool, before threading the line through the holes inside the drum.
- Now is the time to put the drum back in its place. After that, you need to take the ends of the fishing line with both hands and pull them to the sides. Then you need to put the cover back in place (here you can safely make efforts until you hear a characteristic click).
- It remains to perform "cosmetic work". You need to see if the thread came out too long. You can start a trimmer and check in practice whether everything is comfortable. If the thread comes out a little long, you can cut it with scissors.
Although winding a fishing line is a very simple task, many beginners may not wind a fishing line correctly. Below are the most common errors.
- Many people when measuring a thread think that 4 m is a lot. Because of this, people often measure less, and, accordingly, they do not have enough fishing line. Do not be afraid to measure a lot, because you can always cut off the excess.
- In a hurry, some people do not observe the filling grooves inside the spool and wind the thread at random. This leads to the "flight" of fishing line from the reel and can even cripple.
- For winding, use only the appropriate fishing line. This error is most common. You need to monitor not only the thickness and volume of the fishing line, but also its type. You should not use the first caught fishing line for wrapping, which will not meet the goals. For example, it is not necessary to use a thread on young grass if it is necessary to mow dead wood.
- Do not turn on the device until it is fully wound and collected. Although this is obvious, some people do this in order to check whether everything is done correctly.
- In no case should you confuse the direction of the refueling, as this will overload the engine, and it will soon go out of operation.
Beginners are quite prone to make mistakes, therefore You must follow the tips in this article.
To learn how to replace a fishing line on a Patriot trimmer, see below.
All rights reserved, 14
The use of any materials without our prior written consent is prohibited.