It is stored at the top of the trimmer body.
Storage space for spare coil
It is very simple to install such a fishing line into the reel. according to the internal scheme inside the reel. We insert the center of the line with a metal mount in the upper part of the reel, and draw the ends of the line along the grooves and bring it out.
In addition to the standard lawn line, my trimmer also has a thick line for cutting rough weeds. It has the shape of a pigtail, i.e. three lines are tightly intertwined. This line has its own spool.
Trimming the line into the trimmer.
I want to devote today’s article to the sore subject of summer residents and gardeners of the entire post-Soviet space “How to fill the line in the trimmer.” Not many trimmer manufacturers answer this question in their instruction manuals. Therefore, it is also difficult for simple gardeners to figure out how to do it correctly.
I want to start with a brief description of the technical characteristics of the trimmers.
So, trimmers are electric and gasoline. The cutting element for trimmers can be a line and a knife. The fishing line is ordinary, four. pentahedral and intertwined (in the form of a pigtail). Knives come in 2, 3 and 4 bladed knives. Knives also come in plastic and metal.
The line feed system from the trimmer is manual, semi-automatic and automatic.
Development engineers who create new models of trimmers accurately calculate the diameter (thickness) of the line and the number of knife blades, according to the power of the trimmers. Otherwise, the engine is overloaded, resulting in damage to the engine. And these are additional and significant costs.
Trimmers on the market today:
With one nozzle. only a line.
With two nozzles. a fishing line and a three-four-blade knife.
With one attachment. only three to four blades.
Our Kulibins have long ago learned to improve any mechanisms. So, for example, some gardeners make successful, in their opinion, replacement of fishing line with a metal cable, or fishing line. But at the same time, they do not think about the safety of their own and their loved ones, because, like a cable with the power of a working trimmer, it can easily break out and not only injure the mower and others, but leave him crippled for life. The use of a fishing line can and gives a better effect, I have never personally tried it than a trimmer line, but this work has a number of inconveniences: when it comes into contact with hard objects, it loosens or it can simply be pulled out of the reel indefinitely.
So, what is called closer to the topic. Here is an example of how to thread the line into the trimmer (Trimmer BOSCH Art 30). Everything is very simple. Started.
After you have chosen the line for refueling, you need to cut off the required amount of line, because all the line in a skein will not wind up in a reel.
Cut off and start reeling.
Remove the coil and the protective cover from the coil.
They took it off. We fix one end of the line in the gap and carefully and evenly wind the line.
The amount of line should be such that the protective cover of the reel closes and the line on the reel unwinds a little.
We put the other end of the line into the hole on the protective casing.
Next, we take the coil and the protective cover of the coil. We squirt the end of the line from the reel into the metal hole on the protective cover of the reel. Tighten the line a little.
We put it all on the trimmer. Turn the coil clockwise until it clicks.
They fixed it. Now we connect the trimmer to the network. We put the trimmer in the starting position for work. We turn on the trimmer. Excess line length will be cut on the trimming blade.
Coil in trimmer
That’s all we start working.
Heavy-duty line in a reel
Such a reel is attached to the trimmer in the same way as a reel with an ordinary line.
- What do you need?
- Line replacement process
- Useful articles
What do you need?
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
The line in the trimmer head can run out at the most inopportune moment when the work is in full swing. So that the replacement of the fishing line does not take much time and does not have to go through the instructions for a long time, we recommend that you theoretically familiarize yourself with this process in advance. From our article you will learn all the subtleties, starting with the choice of consumables and ending with winding on spools of different types.
Line replacement process
For each trimmer, the manufacturer recommends a fishing line or cord of a certain diameter. a reel is made for it. It can be from 1.2 to 4 mm: you need to look at the instructions for what line sizes are acceptable for your tool. For example, many trimmers have a maximum value of 3 mm (recommended for tough grass). a thicker cord cannot be fitted. For cutting young, soft vegetation, a thin line with a diameter of 1.2. 1.6 mm is suitable. Also, when choosing, pay attention to the structure of the cord: round is the most durable and suitable for coarse grass, curly. for soft, twisted or notched. for thin stems. Depending on what kind of grass grows on the site. lawn or weed, buy the appropriate consumable. The length of the winding can be from several tens to several hundred meters, and its price depends on this. You need to proceed from the amount of work to be done. If the trimmer is used in a private household, there is no need to buy a roll over 100 m.
It is important to know! Buy only branded line recommended by the trimmer manufacturer. It is made of high-quality materials and is durable. it will cut the grass perfectly and not wear out so quickly.
For one threading of the line into the bobbin, a length of 2 to 4 m is required. it all depends on its thickness and the manufacturer’s recommendations. If you wind more, the movement of the line will be difficult, and in the process of work, you may have problems pulling out new ends. Unwind the required amount and cut with a knife.
Helpful Hint: Place a piece of cord in water for 30 minutes, then it will become more elastic and stronger.
Removing the spool from the spit
To insert the line into the trimmer head, you must remove it from the tool. Depending on the design, this can be done by pressing the latches or unwinding the lamb. Pay attention to the direction of the thread. right or left. and rotate the wing depending on this. Usually the direction of rotation is indicated by an arrow on the trimmer head housing. It is recommended to carry out this operation with gloves. fingers will not slip, and hands will not get dirty.
Dismantling the mowing head
The line is wound on a spool, which is hidden in the trimmer head housing. To get to it, you need to disassemble the element. On the case there are latches-latches, when you press them, the case cover can be easily removed. Sometimes disassembly is carried out by untwisting the case.
Be careful! Remember in what order the elements are installed, how the spring and the fixing screw are located inside the head. Stack all the parts neatly in one place so that nothing gets lost and there are no problems during assembly.
Trimmer heads differ in structure, reel type and line pulling principle. Having disassembled the case, you will see the spool and determine what type it belongs to. There are products with a middle edge that divides the reel into a top and bottom for each end of the line. In products without it, the line winding is solid. To make the process clearer, we suggest using the table.
Winding line on reels of different types
With dividing edge
Without dividing board
We have described how to wind the line into the reel of a double-barbed trimmer. This is the most common option. But there are other ways as well. For example, if there is one antenna in the mowing head, then winding is carried out without folding the line. Rotate in the direction indicated on the bobbin body, and the free end of the cord is temporarily fixed in the slot on the body. For trimmers with four antennae, four short sections are consumable, which are inserted in turn into the holes of an already assembled head.
Helpful hint: when winding the line, be careful not to pull it tight, so that it does not sit very tightly in the reel. It is necessary to ensure its free movement for subsequent pulling.
Assembling the trimmer head
After the line is wound on the spool, it is necessary to assemble the body. Position the spool so that the ends of the line can be pulled into the trimmer head outlets. The slots in the spool where they were temporarily inserted will prevent them from slipping out. If there are no such slots, support the ends with your fingers as you insert the coil into the body. After pulling the free ends into the outlet openings, close the lid and secure it with latches or twist. Place the mowing head on the trimmer and pull out the ends of the line to the required length so that they do not touch the protective cover during operation. Done! You can get to work!
How to wind line on a trimmer
During winding, the handle of the reel should be turned smoothly, without jerks and at high speeds. Care should be taken to ensure that the thread lies in straight parallel lines. Do not wind too thick line that is not intended for this reel.
Smoothly winding fluorocarbon, you should pay attention to how much is left to the side. The optimal distance is 2 mm from the top layer to the edge of the side.
How to properly attach the thread to the trimmer
Winding the line to the trimmer. it’s a simple matter, but it requires some skill. First you need to firmly attach the reel to the rod. Then pass one end of the fluorocarbon through all the ears of the rod and fasten it to the spool. To do this, you need to raise the bow of the coil, wrap the fishing line around and tie it with an Arbor knot.
If the thread is stiff or thick, then before winding it should be immersed in warm water, after this procedure it will become more elastic and lie smoother. When winding, it is desirable that there is an assistant who would hold the bobbin with the fishing line. In the process, you should slightly slow down the fluorocarbon with your finger or a soft cloth.
Every fisherman must know how to wind the line on the trimmer and what is backing. Backing is a reel spool reel. For this, a thread with a diameter of 0.1 to 0.3 mm is often used. If you use a thicker fluorocarbon as a reel, it can lead to uneven and uneven laying of the main line. It is highly undesirable to use wet materials for backing, such as nylon and cotton threads. They are unable to dry completely for a long time, which leads to a debate, and changing the line on the trimmer. these are additional financial costs.
The amount of thread needed for backing can only be determined empirically. This requires two spools. The required amount of working line is first wound onto one, and then the backing is wound in such a way that two millimeters remain to the edges of the side. After this procedure, the spool with wound fluorocarbon is removed and an empty one is put on, on which the thread is wound, only in the reverse order. first backing, then working nylon.
How to wind line on a trimmer: examples and recommendations
As a rule, before going fishing, it is necessary to check all the tackle, the reliability of the connecting loops and the sharpness of the hooks. But do not forget about the backing, which is wound on a reel, because the success of fishing in general will depend on how you wind the line around the trimmer. Incorrectly wound, it can lead to a “beard”, which is quite difficult to untangle and which takes a huge amount of precious time, the casting distance can be significantly reduced, and in general in such a situation it is better not to fish.
Beginning fishermen, due to their inexperience, pay little attention to the choice of a rod and tackle, and after all, the right equipment is the key to the success of fishing. Usually, spools are purchased with a spool size from 2000 to 3000, which can accommodate 100 meters of line with a number from 0.2 to 0.3 mm.
In addition to their size, they differ from each other in the way they are wound on a bobbin. You can wind the line on the trimmer spool with straight, cylindrical or tapered laying, it all depends on the model. It is also worth paying attention to the country of origin of fishing tackle. If the reel is of Chinese origin, from a cheap series, then always be prepared for line tangling during casts and the appearance of a “beard”, in addition, the cheap version quickly fails and requires repair or replacement.
With high-quality winding, fluorocarbon should form a strictly parallel stacking relative to the spool with a direct winding method, and inclined with a tapered.
What should be the length of the working thread
It all depends on the method of fishing and the reservoir. If a small length of line is required for fishing, then it should be less; if a long cast is required, then more fluorocarbon is needed. For a quick change in the field, every angler should know how to change the line on the trimmer. If the spool of the reel is deep, then approximately two thirds must be filled with a cheaper thread, while the remaining part should be wound with working fluorocarbon, which is necessary directly for fishing. The reel should consist of a thinner line than the working line, this will increase the density and not fall through the main.
Storing nylon thread on a spool
How to wind the line on the trimmer. sorted it out, now let’s talk about storing fishing tackle, in particular fluorocarbon on the spool. For a long service life of the thread, you should adhere to several rules, the implementation of which allows you to save money on the purchase of new equipment.
It is important to remember that after fishing, the line and parts of the reel get wet, they should be well dried. Poorly dried fluorocarbon melts very quickly and becomes unusable. It becomes brittle and can break at the most crucial moment. To prevent this from happening, after seasonal fishing, the line from the reel should be rolled up and spread on the floor so that it dries well. This procedure should be carried out with backing (reeling). You can dry the nylon thread after each fishing trip if you go to it once a month.
You already know how to change the line on the trimmer, it shouldn’t be too difficult. Always store your fishing tackle in a dry place, this will guarantee reliability and durability.
Although winding the line is a very simple task, many beginners can wind the line incorrectly. Below are the most common mistakes.
- Many people, when measuring a thread, think that 4 m is a lot. Because of this, people often measure less, and, accordingly, they do not have enough line. Do not be afraid to measure out a lot, because you can always cut off the excess.
- In a hurry, some people do not follow the threading grooves inside the spool and wind the thread randomly. This will cause the line to come out of the reel and may even cripple.
- For winding, use only the appropriate line. This mistake is the most common one. You need to monitor not only the thickness and volume of the line, but also its type. You should not use the first line that comes across for wrapping, which will not meet the goals. For example, you do not need to use a thread on young grass if you need to mow dead wood.
- Do not turn on the device until it is fully wound and collected. Although this is obvious, some people do this in order to check if everything is done correctly.
- In no case should you confuse the direction of refueling, as this will overload the engine, and it will soon come out of working condition.
It is quite common for beginners to make mistakes, so you need to follow the tips given in this article.
See below for how to replace the line on the Patriot trimmer.
Single-barbed trimmer spool
Brushcutter reel with one antenna
триммер Bosch 26 easytrim.
Many owners and experts note the ease of use and ease of refueling the single-whisker bobbin. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the threaded line can vary from 2 to 5 meters. The end of the line is inserted into the head into a special technological groove or hole, and the winding is carried out in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin. Most reels have arrow marks on the outside of the body that indicate the direction of travel of the trimmer reel.
Removing the coil from the trimmer
On small electric bottom motor trimmers (when operating near the ground), the reel usually has two buttons on the sides. Click on them and disconnect one half of the coil body from the second, which remains on the trimmer. Together with the first half, the inner part is also taken out, on which the fishing line is directly wound. When parsing, be careful: there is a spring inside that can fly out and get lost.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar (there is still no way to put a knife on such trimmers), you need to wrap the coil body itself with one hand, and with the other hand you need to start rotating the lamb on it counterclockwise. It is he who attaches the coil to the trimmer bar. Having unscrewed the lamb, carefully remove the entire coil, trying not to lose the spring inside.
On electric and gasoline trimmers with a straight bar and a gearbox at its end (on such trimmers, in addition to fishing line, you can also install a knife), we look for a hole under the coil, insert, for example, a screwdriver into it, quietly rotate the coil until the screwdriver crawls even deeper, and the coil will lock. Now we turn the whole coil clockwise (since the thread is left-hand) and remove it from the trimmer. Then we disassemble the coil. It can be assembled with latches or twisted with a lamb. If the coil is on snaps, then press on the sides on the base of the snaps so that they bend and release one half of the coil body from the other. We just unscrew the lamb. There may also be a third type of connection of two halves of such a coil: with it, you need to grab the lower part with one hand, and the upper part with the other, and start turning them in opposite directions. When disassembling such a coil, you also need to make sure that the spring inside is not lost.
How to wind the line correctly on the trimmer spool
Many, having worked out the factory line on a recently purchased trimmer, try to wind a new one, but cannot, because they do not know how to properly wind the line on the spool (bobbin) of the trimmer. It seems that there is an instruction, but it still does not work. Let’s try in this article to deal with this issue.
So, in order to wind the line, you first need to remove the coil from the trimmer. this will be more convenient. The removal method will depend on the type of trimmer.
Trimmer head with two antennae
Head with two flutes
After removing the spool from the spool body, we determine the number of strands for winding the fishing line (1 or 2). There is no fundamental difference between bobbins with one and two grooves, but if carelessly threading into the twin groove, there will be operational problems. Due to the likelihood of interlacing adjacent lines of the tool, a situation may arise when, after wear of the working antennae, it is impossible to remove new ones.
Regardless of the number of streams, a fishing line with a length of 1.5 to 3 meters is taken for refueling. Winding must be done in the opposite direction to the rotation of the head, since winding in the direction of travel will lead to the fact that the line will not be removed from the reel. After the fishing line is tucked into the trimmer coil, thread the free ends (15-30 cm) into special holes. Next, we assemble the head in the reverse order of disassembly and check the operability. Do not worry if the ends of the two antennae are very different in size, because when you start the trimmer, the knife installed on the protection will cut off the excess.
Winding the line to the trimmer
Measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spit coil makes it possible to go directly to the winding of the line. The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used. Today there are several types of reels, depending on the number of line antennae and the methods of threading it:
- Trimmer head with one working mustache;
- A bobbin with two line tendrils;
- Auto winding reel.
How to wind the line correctly on the trimmer spool
Preparation for winding the line
Before the winding process, it is necessary to remove the spool with line from the body. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three design types of trimmers:
Compact Power Trimmers.
Straight bar trimmer
This model provides the ability to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To mount the trimmer knife, it is necessary to align the hole of the reel and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, the body can be easily unscrewed by hand in a clockwise direction.
Threading the spools with thread of different types of bobbins
With two-string automatic heads:
- First you need to press the clamp until you hear a click, remove the cover.
- Rotate the spool carefully so that it can detach from the holder. Extract her.
- Measure out two lengths of cutting thread of the same length. To make further work easier, the ends of the line must be cut off at an angle. Take one end and push it into the special hole in the coil. It can also be slots, grooves, clamps, etc.
- Further, in the direction of the arrow, you need to wind the fishing line, and quite tightly and evenly. It is necessary to fix the end of the fishing line in a special eyelet on the reel.
- Subject the other half of the line to the same operation, only on the other half of the reel.
- Next, install the coil into the trimmer head. And thread the rest of the line through the hole in the head.
- Then carefully straighten the thread and close the lid. If the line turns out to be long, then it is better to cut off the excess. There should be about fifteen centimeters left on each side.
On the semi-automatic head:
- The thread is threaded through the hole that is inside;
- Fix the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After which the line itself begins to dangle in the right direction.
It is necessary to very carefully and carefully thread the cutting thread into the unit, because not only the cleanliness of the garden area, but also personal safety depends on the correct winding of it.
The cutting thread can be made from various components. Common among them is nylon.
This material is characterized by the highest degree of wear resistance, the ability to withstand different temperatures and the highest loads.
Nylon line can be stored for a long time, it does not dry out and does not lose its strength.
Therefore, its service life can be quite long.
The reels or heads for the brushcutter have a different structure:
How to wind the line into the trimmer?
When refueling the fishing line for the first time, this process may seem quite laborious, but over time and skill, the task is solved much faster.
In order to refuel the line, you must:
- Take the coil, unscrew its cap. On some coils, the thread is made to the left, so the lid must be unscrewed in the right direction.
- Measure 5 meters of line;
- Fold this segment in half, in other words, find where the middle is;
- Then place this middle of the line in a special hole on the reel;
- Wind the line in the direction indicated by the arrow;
- If there are two places for winding, then the first part of the line should be wound on one half of the reel, and the second part on the other half;
- Push both ends of the fishing line into the holes of the reel;
- Screw on the lid.
Which trimmer line is better?
To answer this common question, you need to consider the main operating parameters of the cutting cord one by one.
- thickness. the larger the diameter of the line, the higher its efficiency when working with thick weeds;
- section. cords with twisted and round sections have proven themselves the best. Another popular option is the “star”. Cords with a cross section of this type successfully cope with tall dense grass and young shrubs;
- manufacturer. cutting cords of the Husqvarna and Stihl brands stand out for their high quality, strength and durability. Their only drawback is the high price. In such cases, you can choose inexpensive cords from the Sturm, Forte or Intertool brands.
How to Replace Trimmer Line Bosch
When choosing a fishing line, it is desirable that the gardener has the opportunity to check the cord with his own hands. It is important to stretch the cutting line and try to break it. If the line does not lend itself, then it will be able to withstand a fairly high load.
How to catch more fish?
- Single string. In the modification of such a trimmer there is only one working line. This unit is used mainly for small jobs, such as trimming the grass.
- Two-stringed. They can be both automatic and semi-automatic. The package here includes two strings. This trimmer is used for mowing and clearing areas.
Instructions for correctly winding the cutting thread onto the trimmer spool:
- First of all, you need to disassemble the head. To do this, press the latch and turn the cover to the side. Next, the spool is removed.
- Measure out the required amount of cutting thread and insert it into the slot.
- Wind the line on both sides in the direction of the arrow.
- Leave the ends 15 cm long uncoiled.
- These ends fit into opposite slots.
- Then the ends are fixed in the hole on the head.
- After that, the spool is carefully inserted into the body, for this you need to slightly press on it.
- If necessary, you can pull the remaining ends of the thread out. To do this, first pull one end of the thread, and then the other so that they can easily pass through the slots on the head.
- Now you need to collect the grooves on the body and screw the cover.
- Then press the spool and try to twist it all the way. If you hear a click, the spool has clicked into place.
- Next, you need to pull the free ends of the thread to the end.
The first way to wind the line
The required amount of line has been cut off. Now you need to carefully examine the bobbin in order to understand what type it belongs to. It depends on how the line is to be wound on it.
There are two types of bobbins. In general, they differ slightly from each other. Regardless of the type, the coil is divided into two sections. upper and lower. In the first type, the dividing edge does not close into a ring and has a depression.
In the second type, it is solid, but near it there are small through holes on the sides on both sides. The method of winding the thread should be studied depending on which of the above types the coil belongs to.
- The previously prepared six-meter segment must be bent in half. It is best not exactly in the middle, but in such a way that one half is about fifteen centimeters longer.
- Then the place of the fold must be inserted into the recess in the dividing face. One half of the line should be at the top of the reel, the other half at the bottom.
- Now you can start winding directly. You need to wind in the direction of the arrow on the bobbin. When winding, you need to hold the threads so that they do not intertwine and the upper half winds up in the upper part of the spool, and the lower half in the lower part. Each half should have about fifteen centimeters free from the end.
- There are small indentations (or, in other words, grooves) in the upper edge of the bobbin for securing the consumable. The ends of the threads must be inserted into these grooves so that they are fixed against each other.
- The final stage of threading the consumable into the tool. the ends attached to the bobbin must be threaded into the corresponding holes in the trimmer head.
- That’s all. The winding process is complete. Now all that remains is to assemble the head into a single whole. The spring fits neatly back between the bobbin and the head. Then you need to insert the bobbin into the head and press them together.
- It is recommended that the free ends of the thread be pulled out more. To do this, pull the ends of the consumable one by one so that they are removed from the grooves of the bobbin. You can make sure that the cutting element is removed from the retaining grooves by trying to pull the threads a little. they should freely exit through the holes in the head.
- While pressing the bobbin down, you need to put the cover over it. The cover must be screwed to the head so that all the grooves on their bodies are aligned and the bobbin remains fixed between them.
- And finally, the very last action. the head is screwed back into place at the bottom of the tool.
The process is complete. The line is tucked into a reel. The trimmer is ready for further work.
How Many Meters Of Line To Reel On A Trimmer Reel
What line is used for the trimmer? How to remove the spool from the trimmer? Threading bobbins with different types of bobbins. A few tips for properly threading the string into the trimmer.
To change or wind the cutting thread on the spool, it must be removed.
The complexity of its removal depends on the model of the tool:
DEWALT® 40V MAX* String Trimmer (DCST990): How to Replace Trimmer Head Spool Line
- Low motor tool. The motor is almost at the ground here. To remove the coil, press the buttons on the side of the trimmer. After pressing these buttons, the body opens where the line spool is located.
- Curved bar trimmer. Here it is necessary to turn a special lamb counterclockwise. Then the coil and the spring in it are removed.
- Straight bar tool. The bar is held motionless with a screwdriver or other object. It is removed by turning it clockwise. Then the tool is disassembled into parts and the reel is taken out.
- If a tool with one antenna is used, then about four meters of thread will be needed. This thread is passed into a hole inside the spool, where it can be fixed. Next, one end of the line is directed in the direction of the arrow. Then the end of this thread is fixed in the groove, which is in the bobbin. This is to prevent the thread from unwinding when assembling the spool. If there are no grooves, you should hold the line with your hand and collect the bobbin.
- If a tool with two antennae is used, then first check the number of grooves present.
If the reel is equipped with a semi-automatic mechanism, then the line is wound as follows:
- The thread is threaded through the hole that is inside;
- Fix the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After which the line itself begins to dangle in the right direction.
It must always be remembered that the cutting thread must be protected from hard things. This will extend its lifespan.
If you do not adhere to this rule, you will often have to stop work, remove the spool and change the thread to a new one.
Choosing a fishing line
Look closely at the cross-section of the line, it can be round or with ribs (square, “star”). The cut thread is good for picking up tougher grass and weeds. However, if the grass is too stiff, then it is better to use a brushcutter with knives (cutter).
Some types of fishing line have rather sharp edges, so in order to avoid injury, it is worthwhile to refuel the reel with gloves.
Trimmers are different
To understand how to wind the line on the trimmer reel, you first need to figure out the tool itself: what kind of company it is, how it works, how it works and what parts will be needed for repairs. To begin with, trimmers are divided into gasoline and electric, and they can have a knife and fishing line as cutting elements. There are 3 trimmer modifications:
- with fishing line and knives with 2–4 blades;
- only with knives;
- only with line.
Of course, craftsmen can improve anything and sometimes they fill the trimmers, for example, with metal wire or fishing line. But doing this is absolutely not worth it. you can seriously injure yourself or others.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool. Mastering step by step
To find out how to wind the line on the trimmer reel, you need to carefully examine the mowing part of the device or look in the tool passport. The fact is that, depending on the refueling method, trimmer coils are quick-charging and collapsible. For the former, everything is very simple. You don’t have to remove or disassemble anything, you just need to find holes for the fishing line, thread it through both ears and wind the required number of turns, and cut off the excess.
- First, make sure that the trimmer is turned off, and if you are using a petrol cutter, be sure to unscrew the candle.
- Remove the mowing head from the trimmer and disassemble it. To do this, press all the way on the latches located on the head body and remove the cover.
- Cut off the required amount of fishing line, and make the ends sharp. This will make the job easier.
- Place one end of the line in a special clip located in the center of the spool.
- Wind the string in the direction of the arrow indicated on the cap, while holding the string firmly with your finger.
- Leave a 12-15 cm free end and attach it to the slot on the spool.
- If your trimmer has a two-section mowing wheel, repeat the last 4 steps. When doing this, wind the line into the free section. And fasten the end on the other side of the coil.
- Return the structure to the mowing head and pull out the free ends of the line through the special slots.
- Close the head cover and assemble the trimmer. Your braid is ready to go again.
We recharge the brushcutter. How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
Sooner or later, every owner of a private plot or a lawn near the house thinks about the problem of cleaning the grass. To cope with this task, today’s summer residents are helped by a manual brushcutter or trimmer. The working part of such a tool is a rotating reel, which cuts off unnecessary grass with a fishing line. Everything seems to be simple, but not every amateur gardener knows how to wind the line on the trimmer reel. Oddly enough, manufacturers often forget to raise this issue in the operating instructions.
Trimmer head types
Also, the scythe heads may have a different device: with automatic line feed, semi-automatic or manual. In the first case, in order to lengthen the working ends of the thread, it is necessary to slightly reduce the speed. And when you add them again, the line will come out automatically. For semi-automatic devices, you need to press a special button located below. It is not necessary to turn off the trimmer. It is enough just to hit the scythe on the ground. The most inconvenient to work with are hand-fed trimmers. To lengthen its working ends, the tool must be turned off and the operation must be performed manually.
There is also a reel with a trimmer line:
- single-string. suitable only for cosmetic trimming of the local area;
- two-string. used for more serious work to clean the area from grass.
- A ring must be cut out of thin but durable plastic, and its inner diameter should be equal to the thickness of the core on which the fishing line is wound, and the outer one. to the diameter of the reel.
- On the inside of the ring, you need to make a small notch through which the thread will be threaded.
- Next, the ring is cut, put on the coil. And the place of the cut is glued together with tape or soldered with a hot knife. That’s all. now each end of the line can be wound on its own part of the reel.
As you already understood, threading the line into the trimmer spool. it’s a simple matter, it is quite within the power of every novice summer resident. You just need to understand how exactly your instrument is arranged, and do the work carefully, without rushing.