How to work a tiller on a power tiller
To achieve a proper plowing depth, it is necessary to pay attention to the weight of the walking tractor. It is better to choose the heavier one. You can add weight without help by attaching extra weights to the wheels.
The first furrow is made to a depth of less than 10 cm. Ploughing should be done slowly and without pushing the machine. If the machine overheats, turn it off for half an hour.
If the soil is relatively soft, the iron blade goes into the ground at a distance of a spade bayonet. If the soil is harder, it is difficult to reach such a depth at the first attempt. Therefore, the operation of plowing is carried out in two or even several steps, each time lowering the plow deeper.
Very hard terrain is easier to plow with a wet tiller.
Setting up the tiller
Setting up your power tiller is a good starting point. It depends mainly on the size of the ploughed area, but also on the soil quality. Some universal rules will help to adjust the technique correctly:
- The recommended diameter of the tines is 50-60 cm and the width of the tines is 18-20 cm. If the measurements are smaller than those specified, the machine will not make a straight furrow, it will be driven on different sides.
- To prevent the soil from getting on the rim of the machine, choose a solid rim.
- The weight of the machine has to be under 70 kg, because otherwise it will always get stuck.
- the position of the ploughing machine itself should be such that its entire base is in complete contact with the soil. Otherwise the ploughing depth will either be too deep or not ploughed at all.
- When attaching the plough to the hitch, the attachment nuts must not be fully tightened. This leaves the possibility of further adjustments. With only two pins it is easy to hitch the plough to the clearing bar.
Cultivating a site with a power tiller
To get the best tillage out of the burrs it is necessary to choose the correct high speed setting. Usually there are two gears for the motoblock to move forward:
In contrast to plowing, when cultivating the land the single axle tractor must work at an increased speed, so in this case it is necessary to choose an increased gear to increase the speed of rotation of the cutters.
Power tiller basic नॉलेज
The choice of an overdrive gear reduces the load on the engine of the walking tractor unit. Increasing the rotational speed of the hoes greatly increases the quality of loosening the ground.
After the first cut, check the depth of ground cultivation. If the depth is satisfactory, you can continue cultivating the ground area. To make the 2nd pass, make sure that cutters go along the line left by the plowshare, because there is still some uncultivated land between the cutters of the walking tractor and the one-axle tractor.
When working on cultivating the garden one should not press the steering wheel down, one should not push the single axle tractor forward. all this can lead to the fact that the single axle tractor will dig into the ground.
How to work with a cultivator and tiller on a power tiller?
The speed should be determined by the hardness of the soil and the load on the engine of your Weima power tiller or cultivator. If you work hard, you need to change down the gear on the cultivator and increase the engine speed.
If you feel that the working depth is not deep enough you can lower the handles of your power tiller or cultivator slightly to bring the tiller in deeper. If this does not help, lower the coulter one more time and try again.
When increasing the depth you can rock the single axle tractor or cultivator gently from side to side, so that the tiller gradually grinds the uncultivated soil.
The operator should not exert any tension on the Vari cultivator, keep his back straight and his hands relaxed. That saves you strength and prevents unnecessary strain on the musculoskeletal system.
As you can see for yourself, the basic principles of operating a cultivator and tiller are very simple and straightforward. At the beginning it might be a little strange at first, but you get used to it and it becomes easy, fast and efficient.
If you are considering buying a power tiller or cultivator in the near future, leave your number on our site. Our managers will call you back and answer all your questions and pick up the best price.
How to plow with a cultivator (with a power tiller) so that it does not leave traces
How to plow with a cultivator so as not to leave traces. this question is of interest to those gardeners who have purchased a multifunctional and versatile equipment for their plot. A single-axle tractor will make the plowing more qualitative, eliminating the need to work by hand or hire a crew. How to work and treat the cultivator correctly to use it for many years. the topic of this article.
Tillage with a cultivator is done twice a year: in spring, when the crops are planted, and in fall, when all the work in the garden is completed.
It is not difficult to master plowing with a power tiller. But even experienced agrarians find it difficult to operate machinery if they don’t take a number of features into account.
The main mistake is choosing the right machine for the job. For a small vegetable garden of 5-6 acres, choose a small and lightweight device. If a single-axle tractor is heavy. use special cutters.
For a large plot, with an area of 20-30 acres, you need a unit with a capacity of 10 horsepower. Such equipment weighs not less than 100 kg. This equipment is completed with or can be bought separately. stationary mounted plough.
The mini-tractor works on the no-till principle. The ground is not turned over but loosened to the required depth. This is necessary to ensure that the fertile layer of soil remained intact, otherwise you will not get a good harvest.
Let’s consider step by step if the motorblock needs to be rebuilt before proceeding directly to plowing.
Is special preparation (rework) of the cultivator (power tiller) necessary
Before you start work, do an initial test run. Look at the instructions for use. the manufacturer included it. Set the canopy. it is responsible for plowing the ground. Check that they are securely fastened. Adjust the handle height to your height.
Note! If you are dealing with a lightweight tiller and the ground is difficult, the unit may not be able to do the job. For heavy soil, buy a cultivator weighing more than 75kg.
Carry out special preparation before using the machine:
- Remove the hubs and wheels;
- Replace hubs with larger ones. They are fastened to the shaft drive with special pins;
- Attach the grouse hitch.
Attention! When using your power tiller for the first time, use a soft cloth, hold it in gasoline for a moment. Wipe off the factory-made grease from the metal parts of the structure. After that, wipe all surfaces with a dry cloth.
When starting the machine for the first time, plow at minimum speed. On each side are two cutters. As you move forward, gradually increase the rpm.
Tip! Experts recommend during the first 5-7 hours of operation to keep the device in a light mode. the single-axle tractor should warm up gradually and get used to the loads.
How to act correctly: step by step instructions with photos
The algorithm for plowing the soil for a novice power tiller user is as follows:
- check the integrity of the machine, make sure that the equipment is not broken;
- Screw in all the fixing elements;
- Fill the engine with fuel and oil;
- If it is necessary to reduce the area of coverage, dismantle the side blades;
- turn on the engine;
- gently lower the tillers into the ground;
- drive forward slowly, do not jerk;
- during plowing, do not operate the rear and front levers at the same time. Your actions will damage the transmission;
- if it is hot outside, periodically turn off the single-axle tractor. let the engine cool down;
- When you’re done plowing, pull the cutters outward. Remove the remains of grass and debris from them;
- wipe the cultivator with a dry rag from contaminants;
- if necessary, use a syringe and pour oil into the transmission.
Do not ignore the advice of professionals:
- plow the plot depending on its shape. cultivate an elongated plot in a circle, and the square. plow in a zigzag pattern;
- If it is not necessary to plow the entire plot, work in fragments. as plants and crops are planted in the ground;
- Older gardeners advise forming beds along the length of the plot. if they are parallel, the bed is easier to care for;
- if your vegetable garden is hilly, place the beds parallel to the line of elevation;
- when preparing the vegetable garden, leave a narrow strip of land unploughed. otherwise you will not be able to pass between the rows and work on the next bed.
The most effective ways
In order to get the most out of the ground it is important to adjust the intensity and speed of the work. Do not forget. plough a square area in a zigzag pattern, work a long one in a circular pattern.
If there are small stones or gravel in the soil, ploughing at low rpm is best.
With compacted soil structure use the two-step variant of cultivation. First work at a shallow depth, then choose the one that is necessary.
Regardless of which method of plowing you use with your power tiller, work carefully, otherwise you will harm plants and trees. Use piecemeal principle. divide the plot into small areas and work each area separately. At the same time, if the area is tapered, minimize the length of your grip. Reduction effect is achieved by immobilizing front mounted milling cutters.
How To Use A Tiller (FULL Tutorial)
When moving along the bed, don’t push the equipment, just smoothly steer it in the right direction. especially if you’re using the zigzag method.
When walking around, do not follow the machine. you will deform the just plowed, earth. When working in a circle turn the handle for comfort and walk along the motion of the cultivator.
Periodically rock the technique from side to side. so you will reach a depth of 1,5 shovel. This is the ideal parameter for ploughing.
Why do rotary hoes dig into the ground?
Beginning farmers often encounter problems caused by incorrect operation of the cultivator. It is not uncommon for a motocultivator to bury itself in the ground, and it does not yield to any manipulation by the operator. To solve this problem, the first thing to do is to understand the causes of the problem.
If the cultivator burrows when plowing, there are several reasons for this.
- it is often connected with the equipment set. Most mini-cultivators are fitted with four tillers. If the manufacturer uses quality metal for their production, they will have a lot of weight. Because of this the working elements will pull the cultivator into the soil;
- sharp cutter blades. if the cutting elements are sharpened, the cultivator will not move forward, but on the contrary, will dig into the ground;
- High engine loads. in such a case the engine causes strong vibrations and imbalances. This will cause the cultivator to sink into the ground in place instead of moving across the vegetable garden;
- Another common cause is that the cultivator is not operated in time on the second gear. This should not be done when plowing loose soil and in conditions of high moisture;
- Cultivator often gets buried due to improperly installed tillers. If you choose an angle for their attachment to the coupling mechanism more than required by the application manual, it will also be the cause of burying the equipment.
Very often the equipment is buried in the ground because of too diligent pushing by the operator. The owner should remember that he only needs to push the machine slightly in the right direction. If you apply too much force, it will upset the balance of the cultivator, and it will dig into the soil all the time.
Goose-foot tiller for tillers
To give more strength to the tillers, they are made of steel, all-welded and non-disassembled. Such cutters are called. goose-foot cutters for power tillers. They are successfully and efficiently used on hard ground. They are mounted on almost any power tiller or single axle tractor.
The main thing is to make sure that the axle diameter is correct. Goose-foot tillers are well suited for hard ground to plow “under the potatoes”. They are also used for preventive maintenance against garden pests (wireworm or Colorado potato beetle) or for quick plowing of gardens.
Separate goosefoot cutters into 3 and 4 rows. If the axis diameter is 25 mm, 3-row mowers are used for power tillers Texas, Mole, Caiman, Neva, and 4-row mowers are used for power tillers Farmer, Salut, Favorit. If the axle diameter is 30 mm, 4-row tillers are used for power tillers Kaskad, Pubert, Master Yard, Neva.
Diagram and structure of a tiller for a power tiller
Thanks to its sabre shape, tillers for power tillers are safe to work. If a single-axle tractor hits a root or a stone, the cutters lift it up like a car wheel, continuing to work. If the cutters are straight, however, they can snag on an obstacle and tip the single-axle tractor. This can cause the operator to lose his balance and possibly fall on the tillers.
The blades are mounted on plates that are welded at different angles to the shafts. Thanks to this, the cutters enter the soil smoothly, one at a time. This has a positive effect on the tiller’s transmission. Carbon steel is used for the manufacture of blades. If you have access to a blacksmith shop, using a leaf spring, you can make these blades. For the manufacture of other parts, the following grades of steel are used: St-25, St-20, St-10, which are easy to weld.
Frequently asked questions about single axle tractor cutters
One of the most frequent questions is considered to be: “Do you have to sharpen the cutters on a single axle tractor?” The answer to this depends on what kind of blades you have installed, whether they are self-sharpening. Also the answer to this question depends on the type of soil you are going to work with. If you plan to mainly till wet soil, it is recommended to additionally sharpen with an angle grinder. The sharpening of power tillers is important and requires special attention.
Among farmers and landowners is a common question, “How to assemble cutters for a power tiller?”. In order to assemble the milling machine in the best possible way, it is necessary to get acquainted with the existing schemes. All necessary blueprints are listed below.
Assembling a tiller for a power tiller is quite a difficult task. Especially since there are some complex options.
In order to assemble cutters on a single axle tractor with your own hands, you need to have some experience. For saber mills, the work of several people is required. After all, the principle is to install all the elements more securely and correctly. For the goosefoot you need a knowledge of metalworking. After all, first of all, the blades need to lend themselves to forging.
The active cutter for the power tiller with your own hands is made for a long time. Therefore, it is much better to order it from a master. In order to still make it with your own hands, first of all, it is necessary to understand the drawings and literature. over, in this video you will clearly and step by step see the whole process, which will greatly facilitate your work.