The lawn mower stalls when you press the gas
Why does the trimmer stall when you press the gas?
As you can see, there are many reasons why the trimmer may stall when you press the gas. That is why it is important to monitor the condition of your assistant, check the condition of all systems of the mechanism in time.
Lever metal shears
During construction work, there are situations when it is necessary to cut sheet metal. To cope with this problem will help such a convenient tool as lever scissors, designed for curly and straight cutting. Their characteristics are described in this article.
Typically, regular garden grass trimmers are used with a line. But if you need to cut young growth of shrubs or trees or very tough grass, you cannot do without a disc trimmer. For trimmer discs read the article.
Many novice seamstresses pay a lot of attention to the choice of a sewing machine, thread and fabric, and at the same time completely forget about scissors. But high quality scissors. Among the basic tools of a tailor. Our article will tell you more about them.
Cosmetic procedures at home, skin rejuvenation, getting rid of cellulite. All this becomes possible thanks to natural washcloths, which literally grow on the branches. What are the advantages of loofah sponges, what are the subtleties of their use and cultivation.
The trimmer stalls when you press the gas
Those who have lawns in their infield know what a trimmer is. Quite a useful thing that will help you quickly and efficiently tidy up the lawn or clear weeds from overgrown areas. And, like any mechanism, it also often fails due to various breakdowns. One of the most common complaints about device owners is that the trimmer stalls when you press the gas. We propose to understand the main reasons for this phenomenon and identify ways to solve the problem.
Quite often, the Partner chainsaw stalls when pressed and the prerequisite for this is the cylinder-piston group. Since by examining them, namely the piston and cylinder, you can easily determine the cause of the tool malfunction, directly by replacing them. You can also make a direct boring of the cylinder itself with the size of the new piston.
But if after inspection you find that both the piston and the cylinder have any damage, then the reason may lie directly in the rings (piston). For this kind of check, it is necessary to insert a piston into the cylinder and gently start swinging it by means of a connecting rod. If suddenly you feel a backlash then the rings need to be replaced, as they have already worn out.
The main elements of chainsaws
Before starting to delve into the issues of breakdowns and repair of the tool, let’s first figure out what the chainsaw itself consists of. First of all, I would like to note that this tool belongs to the category of equipment, the operation of which directly depends directly on the internal combustion engine.
It is also important that chainsaws are equipped with an engine with one cylinder, and the work of which is carried out on such kind of fuel as gasoline. It is worth noting that, do not look at the similarity with other tools, it does not have a gearbox. And it is replaced by a kind of single-stage chain transmission, through which the movement of the chain itself (saw) is made.
In fact, a chainsaw is a fairly simple design, but this does NOT prevent it from being reliable, practically in and capable of fully providing direct uninterrupted and cyclical operation even in rather difficult conditions. This tool consists of a huge range of specific elements vital for correct and productive work. This is a carburetor, a direct chain tensioner, a tire complete with a chain and other elements.
To simplify your choice, we have compiled for you a rating of chainsaws in terms of reliability.
If you are on a tight budget, read the article about Russian chainsaw manufacturers.
Why does the chainsaw stall when you give gas when pressed, And does not start under load at idle
There are often cases when the owners of chainsaws are faced with their breakdown and it does not matter which model of this kind of equipment, since the nature of the breakdowns is almost the same for everyone. Well, the chainsaw has stalled and what’s next? Undoubtedly, it is possible to carry the equipment to specialized services, which will repair your iron friend. But as they say: why pay more?
After all, you can personally disassemble the tool and repair it, since the breakdown may be insignificant, and in the service you will pay a lot for this. But naturally, in order to bring the instrument back to life yourself, you need to be able to understand the reasons for its breakdown and how to troubleshoot. So let’s learn! In this article, you can find answers to questions regarding situations when the instrument simply stalls after directly pressing the gas. So let’s get started.
Why does the chainsaw immediately stall and thrash when the gas is pressed
Chainsaws are fairly reliable and simple designs. Therefore, if you properly take care of them and handle them Based on the manufacturer’s recommendations, then they fail very rarely and various kinds of breakdowns are quickly eliminated. But if you are faced with this situation and want to personally repair your tool, and not resorting to the help of professionals, then delve into the information provided below.
In fact, it is unambiguously and precisely impossible to determine the reason why the tool does not start or stalls when you press the gas, since there are a lot of factors affecting this. But do not forget that, starting from the fact that the chainsaw is equipped with a simple two-stroke engine, conditions such as lubrication, fuel, spark and air are important for its effective performance.
Consequently, the carburetor is directly involved in the preparation of the fuel-air mixture, the filter cleans the air from dust, the ignition unit and the spark plug create a spark, and the gasoline contains grease.
That is why it is necessary to search for the causes of this kind of failure in a sequential order, starting directly from the simple ones and gradually moving on to the complex ones. And this is an important factor in the correct repair, since that person is yaky, and did not think it over, he begins to analyze the carburetor, brings it to hell. Since this kind of unit must be repaired or adjusted directly in Special Workshops (Read about carburetor adjustment).
First of all, what you should remember when purchasing this kind of tool is that certain parts of the saw must be replaced with new ones after their service life (passport) has expired. It is for this reason that the instructions should always be at your fingertips, since everything is described in a detailed way there.
Such parts include: an asterisk (leading), a bus, a part of a system (anti-vibration), and a chain. Since you should not forget that if this stuffing” do not change to a new one at the necessary time, then these worn out parts will negatively affect the rest of the chainsaw. It is for this reason that check the depth of the direct toothing quite often. Remember that She should not be above 0.5 mm week.
Insufficient chain lubrication prevents starting and the saw DOES NOT develop speed
Many people ask themselves: why the chainsaw stalls when I press the gas? The answer may also lie in insufficient chain lubrication (See Chainsaw chain oil), as the oil line may leak, or the direct channels may simply be clogged. That is why pay attention to the chain, because if it is dry, then, and not putting it off, start cleaning the channels that supply oil directly to the tool tire. After that, inspect in detail the parts where the oil pump fittings are connected to the pipes. But if you notice that the oil leaks at the joints, or found cracks on the pipes themselves, then in the first case, seal the leak points with a sealant, and the pipes will have to be replaced.
Checking the main systems of the chainsaw
If the chainsaw stalled after pressing the accelerator, then there is a breakdown of some element. It is very difficult to determine immediately the cause of such a malfunction, since various factors can contribute to this. The search for the cause should begin with verification activities of the main systems of the instrument, starting from the smallest to the largest.
The first step is to check the presence of fuel in the tank. Craftsmen often get so carried away during sawing that they forget to add fuel to the tank. Even if there is a certain amount of fuel in the tank, and the chainsaw started up and immediately stalled, then the reason for this may be precisely the lack of mixture as a result of clogged fuel channels.
If everything is in order with the fuel, then the cause must be looked for in the spark plug. Unscrew it and inspect the contacts. If there are no signs of dampness and carbon deposits, then you need to check the size of the gap, which should be 0.5 mm, and then there is a spark. If the candle has NOT been replaced for a long time, then you need to change it, and then start the tool again.
It is also necessary to check the muffler, as its clogging can impede the release of exhaust gases, which affects the functioning of the GIS. The muffler must be dismantled and wet cleaned from carbon deposits. If the above steps DO NOT help fix the problem, then you will need to understand the situation in more detail, since a prerequisite may be a malfunction of the carburetor or the need to adjust it.
Stalls when you press the gas
If the engine stalls when gas is added, then the following factors may be a prerequisite for this:
- Clogged or improper carburetor setting;
- Dirty air filter, whereby the engine does not have enough air to set speed;
- Clogged fuel filter, which contributes to the intake of an insufficient amount of fuel mixture;
- Malfunction of the cylinder-piston group. With an insufficient amount of oil in the fuel mixture, excessive friction of the piston against the cylinder walls occurs, which entails overheating and the formation of scoring.
In case of overheating with a lack of oil in the fuel mixture, it will be necessary to overhaul the engine, which is one of the most unpleasant consequences. In order to properly adjust or clean the carburetor, you should give it to a specialist, as lack of experience with small parts can damage the mechanism. Do-it-yourself air and fuel filter check.
If the chainsaw does not allow you to develop speed when you press the gas, then it is advisable to try to replace the fuel mixture in the tank, especially if it has been in the tool for a long time.
Stalls under load
If the chainsaw starts to stall under load, then the prerequisite for this is, first of all, an incorrect carburetor setting. If this reason is eliminated, then in addition to problems with the carburetor, a prerequisite for the inoperability of the tool under load may be damage and wear of the crankshaft oil seals or carburetor gaskets, through which air is sucked into the system.
It is recommended to start troubleshooting by checking the oil seals and gaskets, and after that check the correctness of the carburetor setting. Another prerequisite for why the chainsaw starts up and immediately stalls under load may be the chafing of the Special hoses, through which the impulse is transmitted from the crankcase to the fuel pump. But such hoses are not installed in all models of chainsaws, but only mainly on professional ones. Replacing this hose is recommended to correct the problem. How to do it correctly is covered in thes:
Troubleshooting reasons and features
Why the chainsaw stalls after starting or during operation, you can find out only after performing a check. As a result of the check, it is possible not only to find the causes of malfunctioning of the engine, but also possible breakdowns. To find the exact cause, you need to know in what cases a malfunction occurs. Consider such cases, as well as find out the features of troubleshooting.
Stalls when tilted
The reason that the chainsaw starts to stall when tilted is the lack of flow of the fuel mixture into the system. The fuel pipe is located directly at the bottom of the gas tank, so tilting the tool causes the pipe to simply sit over the fuel mixture. Actually, therefore, when the tool is operating, it can suddenly stall.
Why does a chainsaw engine stall when you press the gas
Despite the high performance of chainsaws, sometimes there are times when the tool stops working normally. In particular, a common situation is the fact that the chainsaw starts to stall when you press the gas. For experienced owners of tools, such a problem is known, but beginners who have encountered this for the first time will have to seek help from specialists. But do not rush, in the material you can find all the important causes of the malfunction, as well as try to eliminate them.
Why else can a chainsaw stall when you press the gas
If, after adjusting the carburetor of the chainsaw, the problem remains, then a number of other factors should be checked. There are enough of such factors, and their verification must be carried out sequentially, moving from the easier to the more complex. It is in this order that we will consider all the reasons why the chainsaw develops high speeds, and at the same time stalls. It should be noted that at the same time the tool starts up and works properly at idle speed.
- Check chain tension. Tightening the cutting element strongly will put a heavy load on the engine. In this case, it will be difficult for a high-speed engine to spin the chain, as a result of which we get its termination of work. The problem can be corrected if the chain tension is correctly adjusted. The chain should rotate easily by hand, but keep in mind that on XX it should not move. If the chain moves at idle speed, then you need to adjust the upper screw XX
- The quality of the fuel mixture and the correctness of its preparation. It is recommended to use AI-92 gasoline for the chainsaw. It is mixed with two-stroke oil in appropriate proportions. Although the mixing proportions are indicated on the label of the container with oil, you need to use the data specified by the tool manufacturer. The optimal value for the mixture of gasoline and oil is 40/1, that is, 25 ml of oil must be added to 1 liter of gasoline. The proportion means that for 40 liters of gasoline you need to add 1 liter of oil. If you do not adhere to the manufacturer’s recommendations, then in total this negatively affects the operation of the carburetor and the health of the CPG
- Muffler. Very often sawfillers do NOT pay due attention to the tool’s exhaust system. If the muffler is clogged, and this necessarily happens over time, this negatively affects the operation of the motor. Silencers on chainsaws are collapsible and non-collapsible. In non-separable devices, the connections are flared, so in case of clogging, you need to either replace the part, or flare for cleaning. A clogged muffler affects the operation of the tool, so do not wait until the chainsaw stops starting
- Air leaks. Parts and mechanisms of the chainsaw are connected to the cylinder through gaskets. In total, such connections are sealed, which is important for the operation of the internal combustion engine. Tightening the bolts and nuts, which fixes the carburetor and muffler, will help to verify such a malfunction. Suction can also occur due to deterioration of the gaskets, which should be replaced on the tool
- Fuel and air filters. These are the elements responsible for filtering the air and the fuel mixture. If the air filter is clogged, as the throttle opening increases, there will not be enough air entering the carburetor, causing the spark plug to flood. As a result, the engine will stall when trying to develop maximum speed. If the fuel filter is defective, the required amount of fuel will NOT enter the carburetor. Its lack leads to the fact that the tool cannot develop momentum, and immediately starts to stall
- The presence of a fuel filter. This element can not only get clogged, but also detach from the fuel hose. In total, it will turn out that dirt will enter the carburetor, which will very quickly disable the mechanism
- Breather. This is the hole through which air enters the chainsaw tank, excluding the creation of a vacuum inside the sealed container. The breather is located on the gas tank cap or can be built into the tank wall. The principle of its operation is such that as the gasoline in the tank is consumed, the tank is filled with air. If the breather is defective, a vacuum is created in the tank, which prevents fuel from being pumped into the carburetor. The breather allows air to pass through in one direction, and eliminates the possibility of fuel leakage from the tank. You can repair the part with a thin needle that punches a hole
- CPG malfunction. The chainsaw also does not pick up speed if the cylinder-piston group is worn out. To identify this reason, there is a need to disassemble the engine in order to look inside. A compressor should be used to check the amount of compression. The normal value should be at least 12 atmospheres, and if the value is lower, then the CPG must be replaced
- Ignition system. If the engine starts, it is unlikely that the problem is an electrical malfunction. However, it will be superfluous to Unscrew the spark plug and make a visual inspection. The presence of black carbon indicates the need to check the ignition. The first step is to check the gap between the ignition module and the flywheel, the value of which should be 0.25 mm. The integrity of the armored wire is also checked, and if it is damaged, then it must be replaced along with the module. The spark plugs have an appropriate resource, so they need to be changed, we preset a gap of 0.5-0.7 mm (indicated in the technical description for each tool model)
If checking all the reasons does not allow a positive result to be achieved, then the carburetor of the chainsaw should be removed and cleaned.
When you press the gas, the chainsaw starts to stall. Causes and solutions to the problem
The chainsaw is a highly efficient tool for working with wood. However, the high-speed motor of this tool can be used for a variety of other tasks, which is achieved by means of special attachments. Sometimes a malfunction such as the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas, which can be triggered by some factors. In order not to have to disassemble the tool completely, we will consider all kinds of causes of this problem with a detailed description of how to fix them.
Where to look for the reason or where to start checking
All chainsaws have the same design and work according to the same principle. You can get acquainted with the device of the chainsaw in this material. It doesn’t really matter what brand the instrument is. Stihl, Husqvarna, ECHO, Champion, Partner, Storm and others. A malfunction that manifests itself in the form when the chainsaw stalls when the gas is pressed can occur equally both on expensive and high-quality tools and on budget Chinese devices. If a problem occurs, then it needs to be solved.
A chainsaw is a system of mechanisms consisting of parts. Any part in the mechanism can malfunction, which will lead to partial or complete failure of the tool. If the engine of the tool starts, it does NOT mean that the chainsaw is completely functional. When the engine stops working when the engine speed increases, then there are Corresponding reasons. With this malfunction, you must first pay attention to a number of the following tool mechanisms:
- Gas tank. Make sure there is fuel. If there is sufficient fuel, you should also check the serviceability of the fuel filter, the presence of a connection of the supply hose with the carburetor, and also make sure that the breather is working
These are the main parts and mechanisms that should be checked first if a malfunction occurs when the chainsaw stalls when the accelerator is pressed. There are other reasons why the chainsaw engine stalls when the gas trigger is pulled. What else can contribute to the occurrence of this malfunction, as well as the features of eliminating breakdowns, We will find out further.
Adjusting the carburetor when the engine stalls while accelerating
If the check showed that the fuel supply system, muffler and spark plug are in good working order, then you need to look for a breakdown in other places. Initially Do not rush to disassemble the cylinder-piston group or change the carburetor. It is recommended to start repairs by adjusting the carburetor. For this, all chainsaws have special adjusting screws. They are designed to adjust the idle speed, as well as adjust the fuel supply at low and high speeds. A detailed description of how to adjust the carburetor of a chainsaw is described on the website.
Today we will consider the features of tuning the carburetor at maximum speed. You can make sure that the chainsaw develops full power using a tachometer. If there is a device, then you can make sure that the engine does NOT develop maximum speed by ear. We are interested in the screw on the carburetor. Which is designed to tune high rpm. It is usually denoted by a Latin letter H, which is short for the word High (tall or large).
To adjust the high speed of the chainsaw, you will need to perform the following manipulations:
- Turn screw H clockwise until it stops.
- Next, you need to weaken it by 1.25-1.5 turns
- Run the tool and test the speed performance
It is recommended that the adjustment be performed using a tachometer, but if it is not there, then you can check the maximum revolutions when using the tool under load.
After the trivial setting of the carburetor, you can fix the problem with the termination of the engine when the speed rises. It should be noted that it is necessary to adjust the carburetor of the chainsaw regularly, depending on the frequency of operation of the tool. It is not difficult to do this yourself, but you can achieve fine tuning in one case. If you use a tachometer.
The chainsaw stalls at high speeds. Simple carburetor repair
Tool carburetor. This is exactly the mechanism that most owners are afraid to disassemble on their own. The reason is that this mechanism consists of many small parts, the location of which must be remembered when carrying out dismantling work. However, not everything is as scary and difficult as it might seem. To understand how the carburetor has to do with the problem of stopping the engine when the engine speed increases, you need to know its principle of operation, described on the website.
The chainsaw stalls when you press the gas due to the carburetor, if:
- Damaged membrane
- Clogged filter element (mesh in the carburetor). This malfunction may be encountered by owners of tools that do not have a fuel filter or are simply disconnected from the fuel hose.
- Needle sticking, which may be due to the introduction of an outdated fuel mixture
- Clogged nozzles or clogged carburetor
- Bending of the connecting part connecting the membrane with the needle for supplying fuel to the fuel chamber of the carburetor. This part is also called a foot, since under the influence of the membrane on it, the needle moves and the channel opens. During operation, this foot can bend (work out) or break (if it breaks, the engine will NOT start). If the foot is bent, then it can be unbent, but this does not guarantee that the problem will recur soon, therefore it is recommended to replace the part
It is recommended to clean and wash the chainsaw carburetor, and replace faulty parts and elements. After that, you can put it back, and not forgetting to also replace (if worn) the gasket between the carburetor and the adapter.
Why does the chainsaw stall when the accelerator is pressed. Summing up
When making an upgrade for the reasons why the saw stalls after you press the gas, you need to take stock of all sorts of reasons and their elimination. The reasons can be roughly divided into two parts. Simple and complex. You need to start troubleshooting with simple reasons, and end with more complex ones.
Definitely, you need to start the check from the tank, and not from the carburetor, but from the gas tank. And make sure that you use a properly prepared mixture. Next, you need to check the serviceability of the muffler and the presence of carbon deposits on the spark plug. After that, you will already have an idea of in which part of the tool you need to look for a breakdown. Perhaps a breakdown is. What you need will simply increase the maximum speed, for which the carburetor is tuned. If this does not solve the problem, then you should check the air filter and clean it.
Pay special attention to the carburetor, after cleaning and possibly repairing which the chainsaw should work like new. If even after this the problem remains, then DO NOT be too lazy to check the compression value. Perhaps the engine has a strong performance and needs to be replaced.
This completes the upgrade to restore the tool’s performance, and it is worth noting one more point, such as the use of fuel that is stored for a long time. Many people dilute gasoline with oil, and store the mixture for months, and sometimes for six months. This cannot be done in any way, since the mixture has the properties of aging, and therefore, after its preparation, it must be used within 1-2 weeks. If you do not follow this recommendation, then you will need to frequently change Not only the fuel filters, but also cleans the carburetor, but the worst thing. This contributes to accelerated wear of the CPG.