How to adjust the maximum RPM
To limit this value, you need to use the screw marked H. To increase the number of revolutions, turn it clockwise, and to decrease them in the opposite direction. The maximum frequency should not exceed 15000 rpm.
If you make this indicator higher, the engine of the device will work for wear, which will lead to problems in the ignition system. When turning this screw, you need to take into account the ignition processes of the device. If the slightest glitches appear, then the maximum speed value must be reduced.
How to properly adjust a Chinese saw. adjusting instructions
To correctly configure the carburetor of a Chinese chainsaw, you must first remember the factory settings of the device, then turn on the engine. Subsequently, you will have to leave it to work for several hours in order to accurately set your own parameters. Sometimes work is performed once after ten minutes of engine operation, however, many Chinese-made models require special handling.
- Activities start in idle mode. With the help of the adjusting screws, you need to achieve a systematic set of revolutions by the engine, so you should first let it run at low speeds. The deviation from the norm is the movement of the chain along the tire. In this case, you need to adjust the extreme screws to the optimal position so that the chain remains stationary.
- The transition to average speed turns is carried out. Sometimes the engine will smoke. This defect can be eliminated by tightening the screw to supply a leaner fuel mixture.
In this case, the smoke will disappear, but the engine speed will increase. It is necessary to adjust the settings until the level is reached when, when you press the throttle, the engine smoothly picks up speed, no sudden jerks or interruptions are heard.
Before buying, rated chainsaws for reliability and quality.
Take a good look at
The adjusting screws for the highest and lowest speed should be moved clockwise until the highest resistance is encountered. When the screws reach the stop, you need to move them in the opposite direction and leave them after 1.5 turns.
Final check at idle speed
Before this procedure, it is necessary to perform a full adjustment of the components of the carburetor when operating at maximum speed. Next, you should check the operation of the device in idle cold mode. When the correct parameters are achieved during the adjustment, you will notice that the carburetor design exactly matches the following criteria:
Replacing the Poulan chainsaw carburetor
- When the idle cold mode is connected, the chain does not move.
If violations are noticed in the above parameters or the device has not been completely adjusted, you need to perform the main setup step again. Sometimes actions are performed incorrectly. In this case, the device may fail due to the loss of the correct node settings. In this case, you will have to contact a specialist.
How to properly adjust a factory saw
Carburetor adjustment is divided into two main steps. The first is called basic. It is performed with the engine running. The second is performed when the engine is warm.
To carry out the procedure for setting up the carburetor successfully, you need to familiarize yourself with the operating instructions for a particular model in advance to identify additional features of setting up the device.
Checking acceleration work
A little research needs to be done. Device acceleration is initiated. The serviceability of the engine should be assessed during the maximum revolutions. When the engine is functioning correctly, then when you press the accelerator, the speed quickly increases to 15,000 rpm.
If this does not happen or the increase in speed is too slow, you must use the screw marked with the letter L. It turns counterclockwise. Moderate movements must be observed, since the turn cannot be more than 1/8 of a full circle.
About the carburetor device
The carburetor is used to mix the combustible mixture with air in compliance with the predetermined proportions. If the exact dosages are not followed, the correct operation of the engine is jeopardized. When a large amount of air enters during the mixing of the components, and there is not enough fuel, then such a mixture is considered “lean”.
Over-saturation should not be allowed, since with a large amount of fuel compared to air, malfunctions or engine wear are also possible. Carburetor adjustment is necessary not only before initial use, but also when any abnormalities in its operation are detected. Before starting work with the chainsaw, do not forget to run it in.
The carburetor design contains a standard set of elements, but may vary slightly depending on the manufacturer. Components:
- The foundation. It is a special tube that visually resembles an aerodynamic structure. Air passes through it. In the transverse direction, a damper is located in the middle of the pipe. Its position can be changed. The more it is pushed into the passage, the less air enters the engine.
- Diffuser. This is the constricted part of the tube. With its help, the air flow rate increases exactly in the segment from which the fuel comes out.
- Fuel supply channels. The fuel mixture is contained in the float chamber, then passes into the nozzle, from which it flows into the sprayer.
- Float chamber. It is a separate structural element, reminiscent of the shape of a tank. Designed to constantly maintain an optimal level of fuel fluid in front of the entrance to the channel where the air comes from.
Not sure which chainsaw to choose? Read our article.
Looking for models that are cheaper, but reliable and time-tested? Pay attention to Russian-made chainsaws.
Alternatively, research foreign chainsaw manufacturers such as Calm.
The main stage
The engine turns on at medium speed and warms up for about 10 minutes. The screw responsible for adjusting the idle speed must move clockwise. It is released only when the engine comes into stable operation. It is necessary to check that the chain does not move during this process.
In idle mode, the engine may stall (the reason is here). In this case, immediately turn the adjusting screw clockwise until it stops. Sometimes the chain starts to move. In this case, turn the adjusting screw in the opposite direction.
How to adjust the carburetor on a Chinese chainsaw?
Contrary to popular belief, Chinese chainsaws are quite attractive from the point of view of systematic use. If you cannot afford a branded tool (a la Stihl), you can rely on a Chinese manufacturer.
In addition, inexpensive chainsaw parts can always be purchased online. That is, there will be absolutely no problems with the repair kit. The main problem with Chinese chainsaws is that they periodically have to adjust their carburetor to achieve stable and efficient operation. This is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.
Chainsaw carburetor setting
To configure the aforementioned equipment, you do not even have to dismantle it from the chainsaw. All you need to set up is a Phillips screwdriver.
The carburetor trimming screws are located on the tool body. It is only necessary to select the correct position of the screws to ensure stable operation. In other words, in this case, the fuel mixture will be optimal for specific tasks and weather.
The entire carburetor setting can be divided into the following steps:
- the fuel supply screw is fully tightened;
- the fuel quality screw is fully tightened;
- the idle screw is unscrewed (but not completely. it is not necessary for it to fall out of the bore).
After the above preparation has been completed, you can proceed directly to setting up the carburetor.
The fuel screw must be loosened 1 full turn. It is recommended to unscrew the fuel quality screw one and a half turn.
You can make sure in the future that such an arrangement is considered ideal. Indeed, in fact, we are talking about the factory settings of the chainsaw, which periodically go astray due to the presence of high vibrations during operation.
After the two screws (fuel quality, fuel delivery) have been adjusted to the correct position, it is recommended to proceed to the idle setting. To do this, we tighten the idle screw one and a half turns.
Now you should start the chainsaw and carry out further idle adjustments directly with the engine running. Following the above methodology, you are guaranteed to rebuild the instrument (bring it to perfect functioning).
In the video, the wizard clearly demonstrates how he sets up a Chinese chainsaw:
How to properly adjust the carburetor with your own hands?
After rinsing and completely cleaning the carburetor, assemble it and start adjusting. First of all, you should understand the purpose of the adjusting screws. The instruction will help with this, but some general points should be considered right away. The most common designations for screws are:
- H. adjusts the state of the main jet, i.e. adjusts the maximum speed of rotation of the motor shaft;
- L. adjusts the idle jets (responsible for the minimum shaft rotation speed);
- T. regulates the idling of the motor. It can also be designated by the letters LA or S, on some models of carburetors it is not at all.
Turning screws H and L clockwise depletes the fuel-air mixture, and counterclockwise enriches it (the amount of gasoline increases). When the screw T rotates, the idle speed of the shaft changes. it increases clockwise, and decreases in the opposite direction.
Figure 2. Carburetor adjustment mechanisms
Before proceeding with direct actions, you should find and carefully study the information on the position of the adjusting screws (the magnitude of the angles of rotation when adjusting). This information is available in the instructions for the chainsaw. Then you need to prepare the workplace. lay the saw on a flat horizontal plane, directing the chain in the opposite direction from you. Detach all covers, remove foam rubber and air filter. At this, the preparatory operations are considered completed, you can proceed to the main part of the work.
Carburetor setting procedure:
- Smoothly tighten screws H and L clockwise until they stop. Be careful not to break the screws. this will cause a complete loss of the carburetor.
- Unscrew both screws one and a half turn.
- Run the engine for 10 minutes and warm it up. This is a necessary moment, since it will not be possible to correctly adjust the carburetor on a cold engine.
- Turning the screws H and L, alternately adjust the rotation of the shaft at maximum and minimum revolutions.
- By adjusting the position of the screw T (or it may have another designation), the idle speed of the chainsaw is adjusted. It is necessary to achieve smooth and stable engine operation. It is important to monitor whether the chain is idling or not. If it moves, turn the screw a little more counterclockwise.
Important! It is better not to adjust the screw H for an inexperienced person. If it is not set correctly, a lean air-fuel mixture will be supplied to the combustion chamber of the cylinder at maximum speed. This will lead to accelerated wear of the piston group.
You can check the operation of the engine visually and by ear. A mixture that is too rich will cause thick smoke from the exhaust. When the lean mixture is being fed, a whistling sound is heard while the saw is running. Excessive economy mode is harmful. if the L screw is set to “lean” fuel, there will be problems with starting the engine. If the H screw is set to lean, the saw will noticeably lose power. You can determine the correct setting by the following criteria:
- at idle speed, the engine does not stall, and the chain is stationary;
- there is no excessive smoke from the exhaust pipe while the engine is running;
- the engine demonstrates good throttle response (quickly picks up speed when you press the accelerator).
A detailed description of the setting is available in the instructions that come with the instrument in the delivery set. It should be carefully studied, as there may be some features or specific requirements established by the manufacturer and related only to this saw model. If all requirements are met exactly, the performance of the chainsaw will be restored to its original state.
How to properly adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw with your own hands?
A chainsaw is a useful, and sometimes just a necessary tool for the owner of a private house. It has a high degree of autonomy, can be used in the field, where there is no possibility of connecting to the power supply network. For some craftsmen, the chainsaw is one of the main devices that perform large amounts of work almost daily. Such loads knock down the factory settings that were set for all important engine components.
The operating mode most often changes at the carburetor, which has to be re-adjusted. Not having an idea of the design and principle of operation of this element, it is impossible to properly adjust it. The question concerns many users who closely operate chainsaws, so it will be useful to consider it more carefully.
- Design and principle of operation
- When carburetor adjustment is necessary?
- Adjustment tools
- How to properly adjust the carburetor with your own hands?
- How to set up a China-made saw?
Design and principle of operation
A carburetor is a device in which fuel (gasoline) and air are mixed in predetermined proportions, followed by feeding the prepared mixture into the engine cylinder. Almost all models of chainsaws are equipped with carburetors of the same type, so the device and principle of operation are the same.
The main structural elements of the carburetor are:
- body, which is cast from aluminum to reduce weight. Chainsaws constantly have to be moved from place to place, during operation they are held by hands, therefore, reducing the weight of the tool is the primary task of manufacturers;
- diffuser with an air damper, which are located at the inlet;
- nozzles, which are valves for metering fuel supply;
- a sprayer that injects gasoline into the chamber (in the diagrams it is designated as the main jet);
- fuel (float) chamber.
Figure 1. Diagram of a chainsaw carburetor
The principle of operation of the carburetor can be described as a cycle consisting of the following steps:
- Air damper opens during engine start.
- The piston stroke creates a vacuum in the air channel, as a result of which air enters the diffuser, the amount of which is regulated by the position of the air damper.
- Gasoline flows from the gas tank to the float (fuel) chamber. The rate of its admission is regulated by jets.
- In the diffuser, gasoline and air are mixed, resulting in the formation of a fuel-air mixture, which then enters the engine cylinder. The more the mixture enters the combustion chamber of the cylinder, the higher the power and speed on the engine shaft will be.
Important! It should not be assumed that the operation of the carburetor is cyclical, as it might seem from the description. All processes take place constantly and continuously.
When carburetor adjustment is necessary?
Initially, from the moment the tool was sold, all carburettors were adjusted and tuned at the factory. However, in the process of operation, the settings gradually go astray, and the operating mode changes in accordance with the operating conditions. Signs of a malfunctioning carburetor may include:
- too high gasoline consumption, thick smoke comes from the exhaust pipe;
- engine power is clearly not enough to perform normal tasks;
- engine speed “float”;
- after starting, the motor stalls either immediately or after a few seconds;
- the engine cannot be started at all;
- the chainsaw “shoots”, there are sharp claps in the engine of the tool.
Note! The reason for poor engine performance may be the worn out piston group, then adjusting the carburetor of the chainsaw does not give a full solution to the problem. Also, no setting will give the expected effect if the node is not cleaned of small particles of debris in parallel. The most problematic elements are jets and filters, both gasoline and air.
It should be noted that during the running-in of a new engine, the carburetor is adjusted to a reduced fuel supply in order to limit the engine power. After the end of the run-in, the fuel supply increases to the nominal value. These adjustments are made using the adjusting screws on the carburetor body (there are usually two or three).
To tune the carburetor, you will need a Phillips or slotted screwdriver of different lengths or thicknesses, the size depending on the design of this unit and the features of the engine assembly. It should be noted that some manufacturers make carburetors designed to use special tools.
In particular, special types of screwdrivers may be required to tune Husqvarna carburettors and other imported tools. It is advisable to clarify this question even when buying a chainsaw, so that you can purchase the necessary additional equipment in advance.
In addition, you will need refined gasoline or acetone to flush and clean the device. They are used to clean the outer surfaces of the carburetor. All internal channels are flushed with kerosene, diesel fuel or white spirit. Before washing, the carburetor is disassembled, all rubber or plastic parts that may suffer from contact with aggressive chemical compounds are removed.
Open-end or spanner wrenches are used to disassemble the carburetor. The internal channels are flushed in specially designated trays, sometimes plastic syringes are used for this.
How to set up a China-made saw?
The design of the carburetor on Chinese chainsaws is no different in principle. The order and principle of adjustment also do not differ and are performed in the same order. The only difficulty that may arise during the execution of work is determining the purpose of the adjusting screws. Typically the T screw is on the top and the H and L are on the bottom of the carburetor body. One more, additional screw may be present.
Figure 3. Location of adjusting mechanisms
Usually, their purpose is determined empirically, slightly changing the position and monitoring the result. After the purpose of the elements is clearly defined, further customization is not difficult and is performed in the usual manner.
Chainsaw carburetor tuning is an important and necessary procedure that must be performed periodically to restore the normal operation of the tool. This process does not create fundamental complexity, but it requires the user to be careful, attentive and comply with safety rules. The chainsaw chain is usually not removed, since you will need to observe its position. Therefore, it is important to constantly remember about the possibility of launching it and exercise the necessary caution.
The adjustment should be done smoothly, with small changes in the position of the screws, so as not to cause too sharp changes in the shaft rotation mode. The result depends on the care and thoroughness of the user, and a properly tuned carburetor will extend the life of the tool.
Replacing the oil seals of the Crankshaft of the Chinese chainsaw. Replacing oil seals on a chainsaw: Calm, Ural and others
Today, many users cannot do without a high-quality chainsaw, because in everyday tasks it helps to cope with various wood, branches and the preparation of firewood. Thus, the tool must always be in good condition, for which timely diagnose and repair the required element.
Depending on the model used, parts and small seals may vary in quality. Replacing oil seals on the crankshaft and other elements is a responsible business, although it takes a minimum of time. Oil seals are made of rubber of increased strength, but over time they leak, and timely replacement is required. When the oil seal cracks or gets a defect, oil begins to leak, which leads to a breakdown of the entire engine. Therefore, when determining the problem, carry out a quick replacement with a similar part.
Every chainsaw, regardless of brand and price, has the same design, so more often the oil seal leaks in the crankshaft area. Also, oil seals are located in all rotating saw mechanisms, check them if possible. If you are minimally versed in the design of a chainsaw, then getting to the oil seal will not be difficult. Just remove all elements that prevent access to the crankshaft oil seal.
Please note: there are 2 oil seals on the crankshaft, one at the beginning of the crankshaft, the other at the end. The part reliably seals the inside of the motor, covering the bearing. Without this oil seal, the oil will whip in all directions, so you can determine the breakdown by oil leaks from the side of the crankshaft.
Chainsaw device and DIY tool repair
The chainsaw is a valuable household assistant today. For many owners of country houses, this unit has become indispensable. Despite the rather simple design, the tool sometimes fails. However, almost any person who has a certain amount of knowledge in the field of technology and has a set of necessary tools can independently repair a chainsaw.
The Chinese chainsaw shoots the carburetor. Why doesn’t it get hot??
In some models, the controls for the engine, start interlock and emergency stop system are located on the handles, to the place where the operator’s hand is gripped. It is recommended to assemble the handle of the chainsaw after preliminary stripping the contacts of all electrical and mechanical communications.
Self-assembly of a chainsaw is a part of the repair work that requires special attention. The success of the final result is facilitated by the correct sequence of operations, sufficiently high quality of parts, gaskets and other consumables.
Power plant problems
- Engine won’t start.
- The power plant starts to work, but quickly stalls.
- Maximum power is not reached at idle.
- There are interruptions in work.
When diagnosing a malfunction, you must use the exclusion method. It is better to start checking with those reasons that will take a minimum of time to eliminate. Most often, a power plant malfunction is associated with the ignition system. It is the condition of the spark plug that can say a lot about the operation of the entire engine. First, using a special key, you need to extract this element and then check its external state. The performance of the ignition system can be easily determined by sparking. When a strong and stable spark appears, proceed to inspect the fuel supply system.
In her work, the following problems are possible:
- Clogged cap breather obstructs fuel supply.
- Fuel filter dirty.
- Insufficient fuel is flowing from the carburetor to the cylinder.
To eliminate the malfunction, disassemble the system and clean it thoroughly. Fuel delivery problems can be caused by a dirty filter that interferes with the fuel mix process. If the chainsaw stalls under load, you should inspect the muffler, in which a large amount of combustion products could accumulate. The most difficult problem is the failure of the cylinder-piston group. This applies not only to the repair of a Chinese chainsaw, but also to products of well-known brands. In such a situation, it is practically impossible to do without the purchase of spare parts.
How to remove the crankshaft oil seal of the Stihl chainsaw?
Regardless of the brand of the chainsaw or its design, the removal of oil seals is carried out using a similar technology. When you get to the broken part, carefully remove the oil seal. This is done in several ways:
- Using a special puller, but make sure that the oil does not come out of the crankcase;
- A cheaper and easier way is to pry out the oil seal from the groove with a sharp object;
- If the part sits tightly and its size is sufficient, you can go the old proven way. screw a self-tapping screw into the oil seal and pull it out with pliers.
How to replace (change) or clean carburetor Chinese chainsaw
It is not necessary to protect the old oil seal when dismantling, but the main thing is not to damage other parts of the chainsaw. If we are talking about branded, then it is better to do the work in specialized services. Also, it is better to buy an oil seal than an original one, practice shows that cheap analogs quickly begin to leak.
Putting on a new oil seal is quite simple, you need to press it into the bore with a puller or other object. The main thing is that he entered exactly and did not stick out. Also, everything must be done carefully, since the rubber part is easily damaged. The dimensions of the chainsaw oil seals can be indicated in the old sample, or they can be easily matched to the model of your chainsaw. As you can see, the replacement does not cause any difficulty, the same is done with other oil seals.