Guides, Instructions, Forms
instructions for refueling the fishing line into the trimmer
How to fill the line in the trimmer? Operation tips
The trimmer is a wonderful modern device designed for mowing unnecessary grass, and its main advantage is that you can use this technique in places where a regular lawn mower will simply not be able to get because of its massiveness. It is necessary to understand in more detail what kind of trimmers are, and how to choose the best option for a particular summer cottage.
What is a trimmer?
The basis of this equipment is the following elements:
- an engine whose main function is the rotation of the cutting head at the end of the rod;
- directly the head, consisting of a coil on which either a fishing line or a knife can be wound;
- knives or fishing line rotating at high speed, which are the main cutting part of the device, about how to charge the fishing line into the trimmer, we will go a little further.
An electric apparatus is inferior in power to a gasoline one, so it is ideal for working on a standard plot of land that adjoins a house with an electric energy source. The main positive aspects of this technique are the absence of noise during operation, light weight, ease of operation and, of course, environmental friendliness.
As for gas trimmers, such equipment, of course, is more mobile, so it can be safely transported from place to place and get rid of annoying vegetation in any area. It is not necessary to use electric energy at all, which positively affects the functionality of such an apparatus. cutting nozzles can be changed while working with the most diverse weeds of their type.
One of the most common attachments is fishing line, so you should dwell on this element in more detail.
Types of fishing line for trimmers
As a rule, the separation of fishing line is based on a different diameter of the samples, which can vary from 1.2 to 4 mm. The most commonly used material is a thickness indicator of 2 mm, but in no case should we forget that the choice should depend primarily on the trimmer model.
There is one main rule: the more power the device has, the thicker the fishing line should be.
This element can also differ in the type of its section. So, it can have a round (suitable for cutting simple grass) or square (for mowing a soft green cover) shape, sharp edges (tall grass) or it can be equipped with notches that are ideal for thin-diameter grass.
Do not forget that with the help of a fishing line it is allowed to mow exclusively grass, and for other, coarser vegetation, knives must be used.
Next, you should consider in more detail the process of how to insert the fishing line into the trimmer correctly. Indeed, it is with this procedure that many consumers often have difficulties.
How to fill the line in the trimmer?
Any machine for mowing vegetation is necessarily equipped with a coil, which, in turn, may already differ for different models with a filing system (automatic, semi-automatic and manual). It is from this parameter that it is worth starting from before deciding how to fill the line into the trimmer.
On the reel, it is necessary to unscrew the lid, and it is important to remember that with left-hand thread it must be done exclusively clockwise, and not vice versa. The main purpose of the thread is to keep the head of the device from unwinding during the operation of the equipment.
In order to fill the fishing line into the trimmer, it is necessary to take at least 5 meters of material, which is then folded in half. The center of the cutting element must be inserted in a specially designed place for this, and after that, using the visual tips on the coil, showing the direction, you should wind the cutting device. At the end of all work, the cover, of course, will need to be tightened.
Fishing line adjustment
It also happens that sometimes you don’t have to rack your brains on how to fill the fishing line into the trimmer, since it is enough just to adjust the fishing line in the necessary way, thereby increasing productivity. Alternatively, the cutting element can be cut with a knife if it protrudes too much outward. But the length can also be adjusted directly in the process of mowing the vegetation by gently touching the fishing line head to the floor. But this can only be done provided that the material extends beyond the coil by at least 3 centimeters.
One of the main rules when replacing and adjusting equipment is that any manipulations with the mechanism should be carried out exclusively with the engine turned off and the plug of the device disconnected from the network.
Perhaps these tips will tell you how to fill the line into the trimmer as correctly as possible and, accordingly, give your site a neat and aesthetic appearance. All that is required is to correctly select the type of cutting material necessary for the type and, of course, determine the category of the most used trimmer.
Add a comment
instructions for refueling the fishing line into the trimmer:
instructions for when working with a trimmer
instruction for welding propylene pipes
kite launch instruction
assembly instructions pax wardrobe
online earnings instruction
oxarep instructions for use in veterinary medicine
instructions for replacing water meters
Nise ampoule instructions for use
mirtazonal instructions for use
We learn how to properly line a fishing line in a trimmer
February 9, 2014
But beginners rarely know even the most basic rules for caring for this technique. So, the most common is the question of how to properly line the fishing line in the trimmer.
First you need to say that knives or fishing line can be used as a cutting element in trimmers. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages.
So, knives do much better with shrubs and dry wheat grass, but polymer thread is much cheaper and more affordable. In addition, a fishing line for a 4 mm trimmer also allows you to mow quite hard herbs. Of course, you can not compare with a knife, but the efficiency is also not bad.
Note that even in the latter case, you need to know exactly what diameter is used in your trimmer. Manufacturers do not take all the values from the ceiling: if you take the fishing line larger, then greatly overload the engine, which may cause the latter to fail.
Do not do that!
There is a widespread opinion among our kulibins: before you properly line the fishing line in the trimmer, you need to change it to something more effective. A cable, for example.
Not to mention the monstrous load on the engine, breaking the cable can lead to serious consequences for your limbs. It is better to use the recommended supplies than to become a patient of a surgeon.
If you really need to cut lawns that are heavily overgrown, then manufacturers offer special supplies with increased surface area. In this case, the line of smaller thickness is braided into a kind of pigtail. Normal thickness is maintained, but efficiency becomes higher.
Before you properly fill the line in the trimmer, you need to cut off the right amount. Do not be greedy, as for the first time, five meters is enough for training. To do this, the protective cover is removed from the trimmer coil, and one end of the fishing line is clamped in a special clip (or slot).
You need to reel evenly, trying not to pull. In general, it is necessary to fill the reel up to the moment when the layer of fishing line is not equal to the reel edge. It should not lie too tight, somewhat straightening after putting on the casing.
Then the remaining end of the fishing line is threaded into the hole on the protective cover. After that, the reel and its protective cover are connected, and a piece of fishing line this time is already threaded into the hole on the protective cover.
The complete assembly is mounted on the trimmer, turning clockwise until a clearly audible click is heard. By the way, before installing the fishing line on the trimmer, better understand its design. Otherwise, you can easily break something.
That’s all. The tool is placed in the working position, it is turned on, after which the excess piece of fishing line itself is cut off on a specially made blade.
So you found out how to properly line fishing line in the trimmer!
How to reel a fishing line on a trim reel, Blog
- After you remove the top cover, you need to get the cord holder, while being careful not to lose the spring, as well as the holes on which the fishing line is fed. Measure out the right amount of fishing line and fold it in half.
- Throw the folded fishing line in the middle onto the holder (it has a special slot) and start winding the cord so that each of the two mustaches lies in its holder compartment.
- Leave the free length of the mustache about 15 cm, fix them in the special slots of the holder and install it in the lower part of the head.
- Remove the mustache through the eyes and install the top cover of the head, aligning the side latches.
- As a result, you received the head correctly locked by the fishing line, you can continue to work.
And finally, a video on how to quickly fill a fishing line into a trimmer head.
How to replace a fishing line in a trimmer
Many owners of lawn mowers are baffled by the issue of replacing the fishing line in the trimmer head. Sometimes this turns into a whole problem, which can lead to an inoperative state not only of the tool, but also of the mower. To prevent such a situation, we will analyze in stages the process of replacing the cord (fishing line) in the nozzle.
Video: Installing Fishing Line On Makita Trimmer Reel Video
1. Remove the nozzle from the gearbox. To do this, it is necessary to combine the side hole of the lower curly washer and the recesses on the axis, insert a screwdriver and fix the shaft against rolling. Then you can unscrew the nozzle. It should be remembered that the thread on the shaft has a left thread, respectively, it is necessary to unscrew the element by turning it to the right.
2. The next step is to disassemble the housing of this unit. Typically, the lid is secured through slots with clips. To open it, you need to drown the latches into the case and squeeze the edges of the cover. If the nozzle has an automatic or semi-automatic line feed mode, then there is a spring inside that can fly out during disassembly. Therefore, we hold all the details with our free hands and carefully lay them on the surface.
3. Now we take the fishing line, measure 5 meters and cut this piece. It is not recommended to wind the cord, the diameter of which is greater than the value specified in the instructions for the tool. Otherwise, you can get an increase in engine load and increased fuel consumption. Fold the fishing line in half to find the middle and get such a “loop”.
4. On the reel, in its middle part there are 2 recesses located opposite each other (instead of recesses there can be holes). We hook the “loop” into one of the recesses and begin to wind the fishing line counterclockwise. If the coil has two compartments, then the winding is separate for each branch of the fishing line. We leave the last 15-20 cm of the cord free and clamp both ends through the recesses in the upper part of the coil.
5. We collect the feed elements (spring and washer) in the nozzle and output the free ends of the fishing line into the holes on the body. We put on the cover, snapping the latches in the corresponding grooves. After that, we extend the free play of the cord.
6. It remains to screw the nozzle into place, acting similarly to the first stage. Only now, to spin an element, you need to move it counterclockwise.
Here is a simple instruction to help you quickly replace the trimmer fishing line, without spending much effort searching for other solutions.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer reel. how much to wind fishing line
When refueling a fishing line for the first time, this process may seem rather laborious, but with time and dexterity the task is solved much faster.
In order to fill the line, you must:
- Take the coil, unscrew its cover. On some coils, a thread was made to the left, so the cover must be unscrewed in the necessary direction.
- Measure out five meters of fishing line;
- Fold this segment in half, that is, determine where the middle is;
- Next, place this middle of the fishing line in a special hole on the reel;
- Wind the line to the side where the arrow points;
- If there are two places for winding, then the first part of the fishing line should be wound on one half of the reel, and the second part on the other half;
- Push both ends of the fishing line into the reel holes;
- Screw on the cover.
What kind of fishing line is used for the trimmer?
Depending on the trimmer model, the thickness of the working line is selected from 1.2 to 4 mm. The thicker the diameter of the line, the thicker and tougher the grass that you can mow it. The most common fishing line thickness is two millimeters.
There are several types of fishing line:
- The most durable is round;
- For mowing soft vegetation. curly;
- For mowing thin grass. with notches;
- Special. suitable for certain types of trimmer.
The cross-sectional view of the cutting thread should correspond to the vegetation that needs to be mowed.
If it is necessary to replace the fishing line, then it is necessary to select exactly the type that is recommended by the manufacturer of this particular trimmer model, that is, the thickness of the cutting thread should be suitable for the engine power and the size of the unit.
It is better to choose a specialized cutting thread. It is worth soaking the fishing line for a while, if you plan to replace it in the reel.
After soaking, it acquires an elastic look and becomes stronger.
The cutting thread can be made of various components. The most common among them is nylon.
This material is characterized by a high degree of wear resistance, the ability to withstand various temperatures and high loads.
Nylon fishing line can be stored for a long time, it does not dry out and does not lose its strength.
Therefore, its service life can be quite long.
Coils or heads for lawn mowers have a different structure:
How to catch more fish? I have been engaged in active AL-KOI fish for quite some time now and have found many ways to improve my bite. And here are the most effective:
- Bite activator. Attracts fish in cold and warm water with the help of pheromones. included in the composition and stimulates her appetite. It’s a pity. that Rosprirodnadzor wants to introduce a ban on its sale.
- sensitive gear. For reviews and instructions on other types of gear you can find on the pages of my site.
- Pheromone lures.
You can get other secrets of successful fishing for free by reading my other materials on the site.
- Single string In the modification of such a trimmer there is only one working line. Such an aggregate is used mainly for small jobs, such as trimming grass.
- Two-stringed. They can be either automatic or semi-automatic. Here the package includes two strings. Such a trimmer is used for mowing and clearing areas.
Instructions for the correct winding of the cutting thread on the trimmer spool:
- First of all, you need to disassemble the head. To do this, press the latch and turn the cover to the side. Next, the spool is removed.
- Measure the desired amount of cutting thread and insert it into the slot.
- Wrap fishing line on both sides in the direction of the arrow.
- The ends of a length of 15 cm should be left not wound.
- These ends are inserted into opposite slots.
- Then the ends are fixed in the hole on the head.
- Then the spool is carefully inserted into the case, To do this, gently press it.
- If necessary, the remaining ends of the thread can be pulled out. To do this, first pull one end of the thread, and then the other so that they can easily pass through the slots on the head.
- Now you need to assemble the grooves on the case and tighten the cover.
- Then press the spool and try to twist it all the way. If you hear a click, then the spool clicks into place.
- Next, you need to stretch the free ends of the thread to the end.
How to remove the coil from the trimmer?
To change or wind the cutting thread on the spool, it must be removed.
The complexity of its removal depends on the model of the tool:
- Low engine tool. The motor here is almost near the ground. To remove the coil, press the buttons located on the side of the trimmer. After pressing these buttons, the housing opens, where the reel with fishing line is located.
- Curved Trimmer. Here it is necessary to turn the special lamb counterclockwise. After that, the coil and the spring in it are removed.
- Straight bar tool. The bar is held motionless with a screwdriver or other object. Turning it clockwise removes it. Then they disassemble the tool into parts and take out the reel.
- If you use a tool with one antennae, then you will need about four meters of thread. This thread is passed into the hole inside the spool where it can be fixed. Next, one end of the fishing line is directed in the direction of the arrow. Then the end of this thread is fixed in the groove, which is located in the bobbin. This is necessary so that the thread could not unwind when assembling the coil. In the absence of grooves, you should hold the fishing line with your hand and collect the reel.
- If a tool with two antennae is used, first you need to check the number of grooves available.
If there is one groove, then two antennae will be directed into one groove. If there are two grooves, then each antenna will be directed to its groove.
In the first case, the right amount of cutting thread is passed into the hole so that as a result, threads of the same length are formed. Then you need to turn the bobbin on the arrow. Then they begin to assemble the tool, holding the threads with your finger.
If the reel is equipped with a semi-automatic mechanism, then wrap the fishing line as follows:
- The thread is threaded into the hole that is inside;
- Fasten the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After that, the line itself starts to wander in the right direction.
You must always remember that the cutting thread must be protected from solid things. This will extend its service life.
If you do not adhere to this rule, you will often have to stop work, remove the spool and change the thread to a new one.
Threading reels with various types of bobbins
With two-string automatic heads:
- First you need to press the clip until it clicks. remove the cover.
- Gently turn the spool so that she can disconnect from the holder. Remove her.
- Measure two pieces of cutting thread of the same length. To make further work easier, the ends of the fishing line must be cut at an angle. Take one end and push it into a special hole in the coil. It can also be slots, grooves, clamps, etc.
- Next, in the direction of the arrow, you need to wind the fishing line, and quite tightly and evenly. In a special eye on the reel, you need to fix the end of the line.
- The second half of the fishing line is subjected to the same operation, only on the other half of the coil.
- Next, install the coil in the trimmer head. And thread the remainder of the fishing line into the hole in the head.
- Then carefully straighten the thread and close the cover. If the fishing line turned out to be long, then it is better to cut off the excess. About fifteen centimeters should remain on each side.
On a semi-automatic head:
- The thread is threaded into the hole that is inside;
- Fasten the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After that, the line itself starts to wander in the right direction.
It is necessary to carefully and carefully thread the cutting thread into the machine, because not only the cleanliness of the garden plot, but also personal safety depends on the correctness of its winding.
A few tips on how to properly thread the string into the trimmer
- If the coil allows you to wind fifteen meters of thread, then you should not wind so much, ten is enough, that is, if folded in two layers, it will turn out five meters. With a different capacity of fishing line, it is worth using the same rule.
- In the case when an ordinary round thread is used, it is better that it be 3.3 mm in diameter. If it is a figured fishing line, then its thickness should be less, for example 3 mm.
- It is better to wind both lines of fishing line on the spool at once, and it is necessary to start from its bend. It is important to avoid overlapping in the direction of the arrow. It is also important to be able to perfectly pull the thread. If the thread is tightened, then it can go lapped. If not reached, it can twist. In order not to cut your hands on the curly thread yourself, you should wrap it with gloves.
- No need to leave the ends of the fishing line long. This may cause it to twist.
Now only pecks from me!
I caught this pike with the help of a bite activator. No more fishing without a catch and looking for excuses for your bad luck! It is time to change everything. The best bite activator of the year! Made in Italy.
How to fill a fishing line in a trimmer
Some trimmers do not have instructions for loading the fishing line into the drum. Look at the factory gas station, after buying a trimmer, not everyone guesses. And now the fishing line is over, and how to refuel a new one is not clear.
I also had to refill the fishing line into the trimmer drum based on my own considerations, trial and error. My method may not be the best and not quite right, but it works.
I buy a fishing line for a trimmer with a diameter of 2-3 mm. On a flat lawn I dissolve it all (12-18 meters) and fold it in half.
I disassemble the trimmer drum (left thread).
I put the loop, folded in half, into the reel. The coil is divided into two halves. The loop is wound into the slot of the middle, dividing cheek of the coil.
Now it remains to wind the line (in the direction of the arrow on the reel, against the rotation of the drum).
. and assemble the drum by pushing the ends of the fishing line out.
The release of fishing line instead of worn during the operation of the trimmer occurs in a semi-automatic mode. To do this, without turning off the trimmer, lightly hit the drum on any hard surface.
If the fishing line does not come out of the drum, then perhaps it is stuck between the turns on the reel or wound in the wrong direction.
on this topic:
How to install a fishing line in a trimmer
The main question is how to wrap the fishing line on the trimmer spool correctly, fixing it securely there? In the case of a device with one antennae, up to four meters of fishing line is unwound, inserted into the hole inside it, fixing the fishing line.
How to refill a fishing line with a trimmer detailed instructions for beginners
The fishing line is of poor quality and crumbles at the slightest contact with the grass. The type of fishing line should be chosen based on that. what kind of vegetation to mow. Think of your body. how about the temple you can use it. but there are some sacred places. which can not be touched. Pass both ends into the holes on the outer coil body. Post added at 1605 Previous post was at 1559 The bottom arrow points to those two obscure holes. with which fishing line starts. The material retains its working properties for a long time. low temperatures do not affect it. as well as long work. If the thread on it is left-handed. then you need to turn it clockwise. not how it is usually done.
- The main question is how to properly wind the line onto the trimmer reel. securely fixing it there? In the case of devices with one antennae, up to four meters of fishing line are unwound. inserted into the hole inside it. fixing fishing line.
- On electric and gas trimmers with a straight bar and a gear at its end (in addition to the fishing line, you can also install a knife on such trimmers). Now. removing and disassembling the coil. getting started. actually. to the main question. how to properly wind the line.
- Fishing line in the trimmer. how to wrap the fishing cutter correctly. how to set a line on a trimmer. Replacing the fishing line on the trimmer. refueling fishing line in trimmer. how to refuel a fishing line trimmer. And about the wrong refueling of the fishing line. it’s better to drive to a service center.
- Refueling the fishing line in the trimmer. how to fill a fishing line in a trimmer. tuck the line into the trimmer.
You can find out about her. having read the operational characteristics of the trimmer or being guided by the sizes and inscriptions on the universal bobbin. In the presence of two grooves. a piece of fishing line 24 m long is folded in half. insert the loop obtained at the place of the bend into the groove. available between two grooves. and we wind both ends of the fishing line at the same time each in its own groove. About the wrong side. if not indicated in the instructions or if there is no arrow on the reel. that. I think. it does not matter.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer reel
Choosing a fishing line. need to know. how to install it in trimmer. so that when working does not arise difficult. unforeseen situations. The length of the threads. which can be refilled with a trimmer. may range from meters. Home Articles How to plow tiller correctly. Spools of products may have different filing systems. Fishing line in the trimmer. how to wrap the fishing cutter correctly. how to set a line on a trimmer. Replacing the fishing line on the trimmer. refueling fishing line in trimmer. How to refuel a LeskuTrimmer. And about the wrong refueling fishing line. it’s better to drive to a service center.
On electric and petrol trimmers with a straight bar and a gearbox at its end, in addition to the fishing line, you can also install a knife Now for such trimmers. removing and disassembling the coil. getting started. actually. to the main question how to reel the fishing line properly. If your braid has the same trimmer head design. as in my example. it is necessary. The first 600-watt trimmer was purchased in 2000. Worked properly for 5 years. After. how did you choose the fishing line for refueling. you need to cut the required amount of fishing line.
Refill the fishing line in the trimmer blog lawn lover
How to install a fishing line in a trimmer | Rating: 8/10 (10)
It is not difficult to change the line in the trimmer if you know how to remove and disassemble the cartridge
Since the choice of trimmer, we examined in a previous article. then today we will tell you how to properly trim the trimmer with fishing line, and which is better to choose based on the working conditions.
After you bought a trimmer and began to use it actively, sooner or later the question will arise about replacing the fishing line, since this is the most wearing element in the tool, then intensive use of the trimmer will lead to frequent replacement of consumables.
What types of woods are
The most common type of fishing line that fits almost all types of reels is round cord. This is an ordinary fishing line suitable for mowing juicy grass, but it will be much more difficult to mow dead wood with it, and even more so it can’t cope with the bush.
As a rule, the diameter by which young grass can be mowed does not exceed 1.6 mm. The thicker the thread, the more coarse grass it can overcome.
Important! Choosing a fishing line for the trimmer must be guided by the instructions for your tool, since a thin thread will increase the wear of the twisting mechanism, and a thick one will overload the engine.
There are fishing lines with sharp edges in the form of an asterisk or square, this option is more suitable for mowing dry grass just due to the existing sharp edges, but its drawback is more wear and tear and is inferior in strength to round cord.
There are fishing lines with improved aerodynamics with characteristic dents, scales and notches, such a product produces less noise, but they are used only on lawn mowers, since the exit of such a thread from the reel is difficult, it is used most often with discs in which segments are inserted. The disadvantage of this product is its fragility.
Most often in gas trimmers with an engine power of more than 1.5 hp apply cords with a metal cable inside. This thread is ideal for mowing dry grass and small bushes. The presence of a core positively affects the wear resistance of this material. The disadvantage of such a cord is its price, which is significantly higher than the listed opponents.
How to Fill a Fishing Line into a Trimmer Coil
It takes about 10-15 minutes to wind the line. What is a trimmer coil? Plastic case with a cassette inside, on which there is a special hook for convenient winding of fishing line. Almost all the coils of the trimmers have a similar principle of fastening, this is the central screw-button, when pressed, it becomes possible to pull the fishing line of the required length. The photo below shows some examples of different coils for trimmers.
The bobbins of trimmers, the motor of which is located near the ground, have a different mount to the axis of rotation, they have two buttons on the spool located on the sides that need to be pressed, otherwise the replacement of the thread is no different from other cassettes.
The principle of proper winding of the fishing line is similar in all of the above cases, so for example, consider the standard version with two antennae.
To remove the reel with fishing line, it is necessary to unscrew the screw located in the center, but note that the thread there is left, so you have to turn it clockwise, this is done specially so that during operation it does not open under the influence of centrifugal force.
Next, using a screwdriver, disassemble the head and take out the reel, on which the fishing line is directly wound. Having measured the necessary length and folded in half, you need to fill the fishing line into the reel, removing, in the end, its ends opposite each other (for this there are special slots for fixing).
After that, it is necessary to assemble the head in the reverse order by threading the ends of the cord into two corresponding holes.
If you have doubts or it’s not entirely clear how to charge the fishing line to the trimmer, we recommend watching the video: how to wind the fishing line into the lawn mowing properly. In this video, the instructor will open the trimmer head in steps, measure out the required amount of fishing line, usually from two to four meters, and demonstrate assembly and installation on the trimmer.
Articles on the topic you are interested in
- Which trimmer to choose.
- How to choose a hammer for home.
- Miter saw with a broach.
- How to remove a cartridge from a drill for.
- Miter saw Makita and Metabo
- Drills for rotary hammers according to.
- Overview of electric planes. From the most.
- How to choose a gas mowing lawn,