ICE engines are installed not only on cars or motorcycles. They are widely used in various tools, for example, such as a chainsaw or trimmer. In case of their malfunction, poor start-up, it is often enough to set the correct clearance between the flywheel and the ignition coil.
About the chainsaw and its inoperability
ATTENTION! Found a completely simple way to reduce fuel consumption! Do not believe? A 15-year-old auto mechanic also did not believe until he tried. And now he is saving 35,000 rubles a year on gas! Read more"
Chainsaw. the installation itself is not so complicated. But to have the smallest initial knowledge is extremely important in order to find and eliminate any defect.
Modern electronics has progressed so much that it revolutionized the world of instruments. Saws of our days are light and powerful at the same time, equipped with electronic ignition systems ESZ.
Not so long ago, the ignition systems of saws were cam. This carried a lot of shortcomings: severity, complexity, high cost and much more. And the main drawback of the archaic ignition system is the difficulty of the plant. Some systems of model saws generally could not produce a spark sufficient to flash at the crankshaft speed.
Modern systems are almost flawless. The saw models are light and durable, the reel is made more professionally and serves its life almost without a hitch. However, there are problems, but in most cases they can be fixed on their own.
Consider the main types of chainsaw malfunctions associated with the flywheel and the ignition system.
As a rule, the most common ailment of modern chainsaws implies the absence of a supply spark. This directly depends on the shift of the lumen (gap) between the woman and the flywheel.
Common installation failures are always associated with the internal combustion engine. Problems arise in the fuel ignition system, the fuel intake module, in the internal elements of the engine itself.
As for other chainsaw components, malfunctions arise there, as a rule, due to failures of the brake mechanism, poor lubrication, etc.
If the difficulties of starting are connected with the engine, then the following symptoms are most often observed:
- the motor does not develop the necessary power;
- does not start at all;
- it starts, but quickly stalls;
- functioning intermittently.
As always, experts recommend identifying malfunctions as an exception. In other words, you need to go through the chain, diagnosing each node, each link.
The failure of the SZ chainsaw is the most common reason why the tool engine does not start. It is recommended in most cases to start troubleshooting from here.
Here’s what to do:
- First of all, carefully check the spark plug by carefully discarding the armored wire from the head and unscrewing the spark plug from the socket using a special key;
- the second is checking the supply of sparks by pulling the starter when the cap of the armored wire is put on the candle;
- clearance check is the main topic of our article (more details below).
So, malfunction of the spark plug will clearly indicate its sputum. A wet spark device for igniting the fuel-air mixture indicates that there is an excess of fuel in the system, the carburetor is incorrectly configured, or there are malfunctions in the SZ.
The candle is checked only after drying. That is, it must be thoroughly cleaned with a napkin, drained inside of the ICE, clogged up the supply, and then start the starter a couple of times, so that the excess combustible mixture comes out.
Then the spark device is put in place, and everything is checked again.
Video: Installing Ignition Coil On Trimmer
In general, a spark device can tell a lot about the entire ignition system. If a black deposit is observed on the candle, then this indicates a violation in the communications of the supply of the gasoline mixture. Here, either the ratio of gasoline to oil was violated, or the carburettor was retuned. In some cases, this happens due to low-quality oil.
A dirty candle is cleaned of black soot with a needle or some other sharp object. Then, the electrode is cleaned with sandpaper (null) until a metallic luster appears. The spark device returns to its place, everything is checked again.
The next step: verification of spark supply. The skirt of the spark device is brought to the cylinder, the starter starts. If a bluish spark slips at a distance of 2-3 mm, everything is fine. A spark distance of 0.5-1 mm is already considered as a malfunction. There may be no spark at all, and this is also a big problem. Perhaps this is a broken wire.
And now we come to the topic of our article. A chainsaw may not start due to a violation of the gap between the ignition and the flywheel magneto. This gap should be within 0.2 mm. It is checked very simply: a special gasket is placed between the flywheel and the woman. If it goes in normally, not too loose and tight, then the gap is normal.
The flywheel itself drank is round, and checking the gap with an ordinary probe is not possible. It would be more qualified to set the gap according to the special template, but it is not always possible to acquire it. Yes, and not everyone can afford to buy a template that is not cheap, for a one-time use.
However, instead of a foreign template, you can use a cut out strip from a plastic container of 1-2 liters from under the juice.
A homemade template is set like this:
- the ignition fixing bolts loosen;
- a plate is inserted between the flywheel and the woman;
- the bolts are tightened.
Tip. It is recommended to cut out the tape from plastic where there are no relief irregularities.
How to check magneto chainsaws
Magneto, Babin, module is an ignition coil. It may be completely irrelevant to instrument failures, and the reason for hiding is only in the gap or in another. But in some cases, it is she who becomes a violation factor.
To check the babin herself, one should also, as in the case described above, use the exclusion of the components from the chain. Or in other words:
- visually assess the condition of the woman’s body for cracks and other visible defects;
- check the purity of current communications of various nodes and elements;
- to diagnose the insulation and serviceability of the armored wiring, the reliability of fixing the mounts, the absence of rust, etc.
- visually assess the state of the cap of the spark device;
- checking the health of the candles;
- diagnostics of the circuit breaker, which is especially true for Chinese-made chainsaws.
Again, as in the case described above, certain items are excluded from this chain, thereby finding the cause of the problem.
The woman herself is explored like this.
- The magneto resistance is measured. However, this option is not always applicable, since you must first know the resistance parameters. In addition, for the formation of the required explosive pulse, it is necessary to separate the indicators of various semiconductor elements. A sign of a problem, as a rule, is the ringing of the circuit through the BB wire and minus. It should show either "open circuit" or a lot of resistance.
- The check can be done like this. use the device that checks for the presence of a spark. It is installed in an open circuit between the explosive wire of the woman and the candles. The disadvantage of this method is that the device is so very expensive, it is used mainly in serious repair services.
- "Dedovsky" verification method, which will save on an expensive device. It is used at your own peril and risk when there are no other options. The verification method comes down to the fact that a cap is removed from the candle, a carnation is inserted into it. The candle re-inflates. The carnation should be located at a distance of 6-7 mm from the cylinder. The chainsaw starts up. The spark is being investigated: it should be bright blue, if not, then this is a sign of a woman’s problem.
The "grandfather" way of checking a woman has many drawbacks. First of all, this applies to the electrical nodes in the system, which can easily deteriorate. The distance between the cylinder and the stud may differ depending on the different models of the tool.
As for the magneto tuning, it comes down to the study of grooves on the flywheel. UZO for most of the current models of saws do not need to be regulated. But it is possible to determine its exposure only by the angle between the mark after the groove on the flywheel and the magnets mounted, again, on the flywheel.
Properly and accurately set the gap between the magneto and the flywheel. this is more important.
You should be aware that the Babin on chainsaw systems is installed in the fuselage of the fan near the flywheel. The coil, in contact with the flywheel magnetic field, produces energy for a spark.
Replacing the coil itself will be much more difficult, since the installation location is too inconvenient. The installation of a new bobbin should be carried out so that the base of the coil is 1-1.5 mm above the flywheel magnets.
In some cases, it is also recommended to check the crankshaft bearing for play.
Forget about camera fines! Absolutely legal novelty. Jammer cameras traffic police, hides your numbers from cameras that are in all cities. details here.
- Absolutely legal (Article 12.2);
- Hides from photo-video recording;
- Suitable for all cars;
- It works through the cigarette lighter socket;
- It does not interfere with the radio and cell phones.