How to drill properly How to properly drill metal and concrete. Drilling tips for various materials.
To properly drill metal, you need to know the properties of this material. It is very hard, difficult to mechanical stress and requires drills of a certain strength. If the drills are bad, the job will not work. It is not recommended to save on tools, because a poor, low-quality tool can destroy the material.
Drilling thin metal sheets is a real flour for most craftsmen. Steel tends to break free, which can lead to serious injury. To prevent this from happening, the steel sheets must first be fixed. To do this, you can make a special device that will clamp the steel.
When cutting a blind thread, various debris often gets into the hole. To eliminate this phenomenon, you need to pour a little paraffin or wax inside.
How to drill correctly
- 1 Drilling metal
- 2 Drilling tiles
- 3 Drilling in concrete
- 4 Drilling wood
In this article, we will tell you how to properly drill various materials with a drill: metal, tiles, concrete, glass, wood. Working with wood, metal, concrete and tiles has its own subtleties. If you follow some principles, then the holes will turn out to be smooth and of high quality.
Drill bits with victorious tips Holes in concrete can be needed for a wide variety of purposes. The need for them may arise during routine repairs. For example, holes in a concrete wall are required when installing a toilet and other plumbing, for installing shelves and sliding doors. There are tons of examples when you need to use a drill to work with this material. Concrete has its own special properties, therefore, work with it is also carried out according to certain rules.
How to drill concrete? For this purpose, you need to purchase drills with victorious tips.
It must be remembered that a drill is used in working with concrete only for drilling small holes (up to 12-13 mm). If you need to make a larger hole, it is better to use a hammer drill.
Drill breakage and jamming are the most common problems when drilling in concrete. Drills can also become clogged, so they must be cleaned and sharpened regularly.
Drilling is done as follows:
- First, the point is marked at which the hole will be made.
- Then you need to make a small depression at this point with a conventional drill.
- Is the deepening ready? So it’s time to change the conventional drill to an asymmetric one. It will allow you to work more efficiently.
- If the hole is made for a dowel, then it must exceed its size. Because concrete dust will significantly reduce the headroom.
- It is better if the drill used in the work has a built-in level. Anyone who has already drilled concrete knows how difficult it is to keep the tool in an even position at all times. Especially if the work is long.
- During operation, the drills can be regularly moistened with plain water. This makes the process easier.
The tool is suitable when you need to make multiple holes. You can use a conventional drill. When immersing a victorious drill into the body of the wall, sometimes it is necessary to break the concrete with a punch that matches the diameter of the hole. This is necessary when the drill starts to get stuck in the surface, bumping into too dense areas. The process is quite laborious.
For greater efficiency, you can use universal drills that are diamond-coated. They are installed only on a conventional drill or on a tool where the vibration function is disabled.
For large-scale work, an impact drill and drills with victorious tips are used. They are designed for holes up to 12 mm. The drill is suitable for working with metal, concrete.
The screwdriver is one of the most popular tools for repair and construction work. With it, you can twist and unscrew screws, drill wood, metal, chipboard, plywood, tiles, plywood, lightweight concrete.
Work rules: tips
When working with tools, you must follow the safety rules and general recommendations:
- 1) When performing work, protect the respiratory system, dust is harmful.
- 2) If you are working outside, then you need to put fences 2.5 meters.
- 3) When working at a height of more than 1.5 meters, use a strong base of the forest or goat.
- 4) When working with a tool, the revolutions must be turned on smoothly, and in no case should it be turned off when it is in the body of the wall.
- 5) When drilling through plaster, you must carefully study the communications plan so as not to hurt anything.
- 6) It is strictly forbidden to drill through the decorative coating.
- 7) Choose the right drills for each surface.
- Wet the drill with water so that it does not overheat.
The puncher is a universal tool. It can be used to make a hole in a wall made of wood, tiles and concrete.
The tool has multiple functions for drilling, hammer drilling and hammering mode. To make a hole, you need to select the desired drill depending on the surface and perform the work by selecting the mode.
How to make a hole in a concrete wall in an apartment with a drill
For a small hole, you can use a punch. It will be made, most conveniently, from a drill, diameter 8 mm. The end is sharpened sharply. The drill is placed in the right place, turned, while hitting it with a hammer. Moisten the drill periodically so that it works longer.
How to drill holes in a brick wall: the choice of tools and attachments
To make a hole in a brick wall, a punch with a drill or an impact drill is suitable, most often the latter is used. Its power must be at least 600 watts, the minimum number of revolutions from 2500 per minute. It is best to use a drill with variable power control and quick clamping function.
By using the hammer drilling function, the drill becomes identical to the hammer drill. The speed and ease of operation are increased. To make a hole in a brick wall, you need to use the dynamic blow method. Without this, the drill will not be able to catch on the inside of the brick.