Since a circular saw is an electrical device, it is better to work with it by a specialist who understands electricity. It is also better to entrust the transfer of the switch to another place to a specialist.
It is quite simple to create with your own hands a multifunctional design for an electric circular saw, however, it is necessary that the manufacturing process goes strictly according to certain stages. Strict adherence to the advice is necessary so that there are no problems or difficulties.
- First of all, each master must create a drawing and a plan for the future product. According to the drawings, the work is much easier to perform, the risks of making something wrong or of poor quality are reduced. At the planning stage, you need to take into account the dimensions of the future structure as clearly as possible.
- After creating a plan and a rough sketch of the product, as well as preparing all the necessary materials and a set of tools, we begin to manufacture the table body. We align all the edges of the bar with a plane. Then, from sheet material and aligned bars, we assemble the base, the dimensions of which were determined at the planning stage. The working surface area is usually about 1-1.5 square meters. All parts are attached to each other with bolts and screws. At the end of the work, we get a box without the top and bottom parts.
- Next comes the manufacture of a tabletop for a sawing machine, it is cut out of plywood or sheet. Laminated Chipboard based on the dimensions of the frame. The table top should be the same area or slightly larger. The main thing is that it does not outweigh the body to one side. If the table top is made of non-laminated material, then it should be sanded and trimmed. Further, using a ruler and a pencil on the tabletop, the marking of the attachment points of the electric saw to it, as well as the upper part of the table to the main body is performed.
- The next step is to cut the hole for the saw itself. For this, measurements are taken of the support shoe of the sawing machine, which will later be used on this structure. On the reverse side of the tabletop, the corresponding markings are made, which will precisely determine the attachment point and the area along which it is necessary to make a cutout for the circular disc. For accurate marking, it is better to draw axes that connect exactly in the center of the plywood sheet. After determining the axes and making accurate markings, you need to cut a hole for the disc, as well as drill holes for attaching the saw shoe.
- The circular saw is attached to the plywood tabletop from the back (inside). To do this, you need to make 4 holes in the shoe of the saw itself, their diameter should be about 1 centimeter. Then you should completely align the saw and match all the markings so that the tool is level, all the marks and holes correspond to each other, the disc fits freely into the central hole of the tabletop. In order for the saw to be securely attached to the table, it is necessary to use special countersunk head plowshares, the head of such bolts must be deeply immersed in the sole of the tool and not stick out.
- Then the saw is set aside and the assembly of the table continues. In order for the structure to be stable. special attention should be paid to her legs. The legs that diverge downward will provide the best stability of the structure. They are fixed with large bolts and nuts.
The length of the legs is determined individually, in accordance with the height of the person who will work at the table. Ideally, the tabletop, and, accordingly, the saw itself should be located just above the master’s belt.
- The next step is to attach the tabletop to the cabinet. At a distance of about 3 centimeters from the edge, you need to make holes in the corners of the plywood, then holes are drilled in the corner bars for further fastening the bolts in them. Further, the parts are connected using steel fittings M8.
- After the structure is assembled, it is necessary to fix a special switch on the table, which will regulate the turning on and off of the saw with an electric motor. To do this, cut a hole in the housing for the switch and fix it with bolts, special glue or a construction screed. The switch must supply electrical power to the saw itself, which means it must be connected to any electrical source in your workshop using a cable. It attaches from the side of the underside of the countertop using construction fasteners.
- Then you can make special stops. First, a cross beam is made, it greatly simplifies the work with the structure. It is carried out mainly from plywood or laminated chipboard. First you need to cut out 2 strips equal in length to the width of the table, the second side should be about 100 millimeters, the corners of the strips must be rounded.
- Then the workpieces are ground and fastened with self-tapping screws at a slight angle, a metal corner is screwed inside. After that, the strips are attached to the table on movable furniture rails, which will allow these stops to move along the entire table.
- If you wish, you can make various additions to this design, it all depends on your skills. Some craftsmen remove the safety guard and all the devices for adjusting the inclination of the blade, this allows you to get an additional few millimeters of cut. Some replace the factory platform with a turntable of their own manufacture, with a professional approach this also gives a number of advantages in work.
- The construction is completed with the stage of processing and preparation for operation. The entire table should once again be sanded, wiped and varnished or with special agents that ensure durability of use and repell moisture and rust.
How to make a table for a circular saw with your own hands?
The circular saw is an excellent maneuverable tool with high productivity. However, like all tools, the saw has some disadvantages. For example, you may have trouble cutting large pieces of wood. In such a situation, a special table made by hand will help you. This design will allow you to easily and quickly cut large parts without unnecessary problems.
Installing a circular saw in a homemade table
After making the main body, the electric saw is installed in a homemade table.
- At the stages of manufacturing the table structure, all the necessary holes were cut out in the tabletop.
- When installing a stationary saw, it is necessary to perfectly adjust the inclination of the tool, otherwise the sawing of wooden parts will be of poor quality. The first step is to install the tool on the finished tabletop in all grooves and determine whether you need to change the slope. If the angle does not correspond to the desired one, then you will have to adjust it using special bolts, this is the easiest option. Or you can cut out special blocks that will be attached to the tabletop, and already on top of them, an electric saw will be attached at the right angle.
- If the tool is in place correctly, all the holes converge, you need to position and fasten the sole to the table with bolts and tighten them from the inside using nuts with lock washers.
- After the hand-held circular saw is installed, you need to take a block slightly larger than those with which the tilt angle was adjusted, and fix it on the tabletop in the place where the saw platform was marked.
This block is needed so that after dismantling the circular saw from the table, you can build it in exactly the same place without using any additional markings.
Selection of tools and materials
At the beginning of work, you need to make sure that all the necessary raw materials are always at hand, as well as a set of tools that would be useful throughout all actions. To create a table, you need the following materials:
- plywood about 2-3 centimeters thick or an identical piece Laminated Chipboard;
- wooden bars measuring 40×40 millimeters;
- metal building corners. 12-15 pieces;
- self-tapping screws of different lengths and bolts of different classifications;
- glue used in carpentry;
- means for treating the product against moisture and rust;
- external socket;
This set of materials is required for a standard construction of ordinary dimensions with an area of just over one square meter. Almost any hand-held circular saw can work on such a table, except for tools with small discs, since the cutting depth sags during attachment to the tabletop, on average by 1-2 centimeters.
The following tools will come in handy for your work:
- marker or thick pencil;
- tape measure, metal ruler, angle;
- electric screwdriver;
- grinder machine;
Making a table for a circular saw is not that difficult, but it does require some skill in joinery. Having the necessary tools and materials at hand and clearly following the step-by-step instructions, you can make a table of the required dimensions, as well as equip it with all the necessary additions.
For how to make a table for a circular saw with your own hands, see the next video.
How to make a machine from a hand-held circular saw
If a person lives in a private house or has a summer cottage and garden plot, then the presence of a stationary circular saw in the arsenal of a home craftsman is not only desirable, but sometimes necessary.
Unfortunately, the cost of an industrially manufactured sample of such a saw does not correspond to the frequency of its use at home, and for some Russians it is simply not affordable. At the same time, making a “circular” with your own hands is quite simple, using a sewing machine drive or an ordinary electric drill.
However, the quality of work and the range of operations performed largely depend on the frame of the circular saw.
Features of the circular saw
Knowledge of these features is extremely important, you must take into account the modes of operation of the saw, know the type of loads and take all possible measures to strengthen the most important components. Only with this approach can you achieve long-term and safe operation of a homemade machine.
What are the general features of woodworking machinery?
High speed of the saw teeth. This ensures the quality of the sawing. But high revolutions of the saw blade cause serious injuries; during the manufacture of the machine, great attention must be paid to safety. All devices available on industrial copies must be installed without fail. Do not think that some of them are superfluous, and you can upgrade factory samples for the better. All points of the safety rules are written in the blood of injured people, do not repeat tragic mistakes.
Circular saw. an efficient and functional tool for sawing a wide variety of materials
Strength of all knots. This refers to the inability to withstand significant static loads, although this is very important. The table can easily absorb large forces of this kind, but at the same time vibrate from the impact of even relatively insignificant dynamic multidirectional loads. This condition does not have a negative impact on safety, but significantly worsens the quality of the cut. On the surface of the sawn timber, there are visible traces of teeth, it is difficult to maintain the specified linear dimensions, etc.
The quality of work also depends on the selected circular saw blade.
Fire and electrical safety. Absolutely all electrical devices, motors, starters and other special fittings must be installed in strict accordance with the requirements of the PUE. You need to know that dry sawdust not only burns perfectly, but also form an explosive mixture at a certain concentration in the air. By the way, burning sawdust is difficult to extinguish, they float on water and continue to burn.
DIY Circular Saw Crosscut Jig || Homemade Circular Saw Jig
Circular saw Makita 5017 RKB is equipped with a plastic container for collecting sawdust and an effective dust extraction system
There is no need to make the simplest machine using safety devices, strictly follow the recommendations of the designers. Decide what you need, a woodworking machine or fresh problems?
Homemade circular saw from angle grinder / Pilarka tarczowa ze szlifierki kątowej
How to make a shaft for a circular with your own hands.
If a circular saw with your own hands is assembled in parts, the engine is taken from the washing machine, the discs are bought separately or removed from a non-working angle grinder, then you will have to think about how to grind the shaft.
It is unsafe to make this important part from old pipes, since the disc itself will be attached to the shaft.
It is difficult to make a shaft for a circular saw with your own hands. Here you need a professional turner, preferably not a beginner. First you need to select a special 45 grade steel. The material is characterized by wear resistance and elasticity, specially designed for the manufacture of shafts, cylinders, gears.
For turning on a lathe, a double-sided mount is used. The part is first processed with a conventional cutter to give the desired diameter. Next, a finishing cutter removes all seizures. A small allowance is left for final sanding with sandpaper to a mirror finish.
The grooves on the shaft are made with a groove cutter, as indicated in the drawings. In the process of work, you can remove the part and try on components on it, which will subsequently be mounted.
- various cutters that can be useful when turning curly wood products;
- ordinary circular;
- planer knives.
A homemade circular saw with your own hands is equipped with a motor from an old washing machine. It is necessary to connect to it a starting device corresponding to the engine power.
When installing an electrician, you must follow the safety rules:
- Provide thermal protection for overvoltage cases.
- The electrical panel must be installed on a material that does not conduct current.
- If a metal frame is installed, then the wiring should be well insulated.
- If a homemade circular saw machine is on the street, then the electrical unit must be protected from water ingress.
If it is difficult to conduct an electrician for a circular saw with your own hands, then it is better to turn to a professional so that the equipment works for a long time and without breakdowns.
DIY circular saw from a circular saw: how to make a fixture and a sawing table
A hand-held electric saw is a useful and convenient thing, but working with it will not work for a long time, since you need to make an effort. If you need to cut a whole tree or you constantly have to work with large volumes, then for this a circular is made from a circular saw with your own hands.
Additions to the made construction
Some craftsmen, assembling a table for a hand-held circular saw according to unique drawings, completely remove the factory protective cover, and replace the factory platform with a homemade one. If you do not plan to cut at an angle, you can remove all the devices for adjusting the inclination of the blade. the electric saw is fixed directly on the new base, which makes it possible to win a couple of millimeters of cutting depth.
Without an inner casing, it is easier to remove the disc, the electric saw will not be clogged with chips when working with wet planks. Dismantling will require extra time, however, the resource of the motor is preserved, congestion is prevented.
Table production process
- Cut a tabletop of the required size from a sheet of plywood. The markings are applied to the lower area using a metal ruler and a pencil. Plywood is cut with a jigsaw, the edges are milled if necessary. If the plywood is not laminated, we clean the surface of the table with sandpaper.
- They are shifted and markings are made from the bottom for attaching a hand-held circular. To do this, remove the disc from the device and place it with the sole in the required place. We carry out marks on the tabletop and in the base for fasteners and a hole for a saw blade. Drill holes for bolts. They will twist from above under the countertop and hold with nuts at the bottom. Therefore, from the edge of the working plane, the holes are countersunk, and the bolt heads are leveled so that they do not protrude.
- If it is planned to cut the material at different angles, the slot for the saw wheel is made in the form of an overturned trapezoid. For direct sawing, an ordinary groove is made. Before marking the slot and holes for fasteners, you need to attach a saw, correct the marks and only then cut.
- Draw the areas where the ribs are located with a pencil. They are made of boards and installed at the bottom 8-9 cm from the edge of the countertop itself. The table legs must be fixed to the ribs. The ribs are fixed with self-tapping screws at intervals of 15-25 cm, in addition, PVA is glued. Self-tapping screws are screwed on top, under the table top, the heads are completely recessed. The ribs are fastened together with self-tapping screws.
- The legs are made from a bar or a board, their length will be from 100 to 113 cm. The legs that diverge downward will give significant stability. They are fixed on large bolts, twisted on the outside, and reinforced with nuts on the inside. Timber screeds will strengthen the frame.
- In order to adjust the height of the table, nuts are attached below, into which the M14 bolts are screwed. Now you can fix the saw from below by passing the drive into the prepared slot.
- We attach an electrical outlet to the table, start up an electrical cable from it and put a switch. The power to the outlet will be supplied from the switch. From it we extend the cable to the nearest source in the workshop. With the support of the screed, we fix the ON-OFF button on the circular saw body in a recessed state.
- Let’s start producing auxiliary stops. For the stop, you will need an aluminum square tube 0 and 2 screws with wing nuts. Saw off a piece of pipe along the length of the table top, make holes for screws 3 cm from the edge. 2 clamps are cut from pieces of plywood. System ready.
- For processing across the table, we carry out plywood sleds. We level them relative to the edges of the table, press down and move them along the toothed circle. In the section of the circle, we saw a hole. Small components can be placed directly inside the sled and sawed. Dust removal will be from under the table, but a significant part of it will still fly upwards, so it is good to supplement the device with an upper dust collector.
Working with a circular saw is very dangerous, for this reason you need to worry about protecting your fingers. Cut a pusher from a piece of board or furniture board.
Manufacturing of table side stops and sawing devices
After you have fixed the problems found during the test, make the blanks for the sides of the table on the saw. The sizes are arbitrary, you can tie them to your actual needs and the parameters of the available materials.
Prepare blanks for the sidewalls.
Practical advice. To speed up the process of facing, attach a temporary device to the saw. attach a small piece of a flat board under a square with self-tapping screws to the rail.
After trimming the workpieces, the temporary device is removed, the machine returns to its previous state.
Install the table on permanent legs, drill the holes and countersink them under the countersunk heads of the self-tapping screws.
At the bottom of the sidewalls, attach boards of the appropriate length. They strengthen the structure and increase the stop area. Due to this, the stability of the structure increases, which is very important for a circular machine.
Interesting fact. Have you ever wondered why all old machines have a heavy cast bed? In those days, the domestic industry could not produce precise parts for high-speed mechanisms, because of this, beats inevitably appeared during their operation. The heavy bed dampened vibrations. improving the quality of processing. This is us to the fact how important the quality of all elements of the circular.
Test the structure again, this time give maximum loads.
Feeder for materials to be sawn
Converting a hand-held circular saw into a stationary one
To make working with the circular saw more convenient.
Make a strong and stable frame by fixing the pallets to each other in the upper and lower parts with bars.
On a sheet of plywood, draw the line in the center and find its middle.
Measure 11.5 centimeters from the center in each direction.
how to make cordless circular saw | D.I.Y.
Drill holes with a screwdriver.
To prevent the saw blade from touching the edges of the tabletop, the groove should be 8 millimeters wide.
Install a hand-held circular saw into the resulting groove. It is important to keep the saw straight: the blade must not touch the table top.
Fix the saw with a screwdriver.
Clamp to fix the saw start button.
Turn the saw over so that the blade is at the top.
To prevent protruding screws from interfering with the work, remove them with an angle grinder.
Fix the tabletop to the frame with screws.
To cut parts of the same width, make a limiter. Using a ruler on the outer edge of the saw blade, measure 10 centimeters on one side and on the other.
At these points, fix the bar (limiter).
From my youth I dreamed of having a circular. But, somehow it did not work out, and there was no garage or other room where I could place and work. When the garage appeared, I gradually began to realize my long-standing desires. The idea to build a circular saw from a hand-held circular saw I took from YouTube. I bought almost on a used Einhel 1800 W ball, put a new saw blade and put the saw in the box. The assembly process itself can be seen in the photo. The working surface of the table was covered with several layers of furniture wear-resistant acrylic lacquer. As a longitudinal stop, a regular rail is still used. Instead of a carriage, I built a temporary movable plywood structure. I will make a permanent stop and a carriage when, after working, I understand what I am from. I want them and what they should be in design. Oh, and she saws! The relic! All that I wanted. I sawed it in the first days))) For different garage crafts. what you need.
Looking ahead, I answer possible Комментарии и мнения владельцев:. yes, I understand that all this is nonsense and there will not be much accuracy here. But, nevertheless, this is a hundred times better than sawing with a hand hacksaw or looking for someone to cut the plywood or dissolve a lath for me, and even pay money for it I solemnly promise not to make furniture on this machine, at least in style of the era of Louis XIV)))
List of required materials: hand-held circular saw; plywood 11 mm; bolts М-8 with a furniture head; screws; switch; the wire; timber 40×40; furniture rails.
List of tools: electric jigsaw; hand-held circular saw; drill; electric screwdriver; a hammer; screwdriver; pliers; ruler.
How to assemble a stationary circular saw
For more convenient work with the machine, the craftsman made a movable stop on the furniture rails.
Aluminum corner served as a longitudinal stop.
To adjust it, loosen the bolts and move it to the distance required for further work.
However, in this position, the saws will be lost 10-20 mm.