Tiller adapter. design and function
At its core, the tiller adapter is a trolley that significantly increases the functionality of the agricultural unit and makes working with it much more comfortable. Most adapters are equipped with seats, some of them are equipped with a lifting lever, which greatly simplifies the work with equipment.
Each adapter is equipped with foot rests, next to which the brake pedal is located. In addition to it, a hand brake lever is provided in the adapter device, lowering which the driver finally fixes the wheels in a stationary position. All parts of the tiller adapter are attached to a sturdy frame. At the bottom of the frame is a wheelbase consisting of two medium-sized wheels.
There is a hitch at the front or back of the adapter that allows you to attach the structure to the tiller. The standard hitch is a single, two-piece design. The first plays the role of a connecting link, and the second acts as a regulator.
In the design of some adapters, there are also universal double couplings, which allow, in addition to the adapter, to install other devices necessary for operation on the tiller.
Tiller adapter. preparation and production of basic elements
Despite the simplicity of the design, the manufacture of the adapter is a rather complicated procedure. To make a fixture, you first need to study the drawings. The more accurate diagrams you have at your disposal, the better the result of your work. Manufacturing will require certain tools and materials.
Be sure to prepare:
Tillers Mower segment to their own hands косилка сегментная к мотоблоку своими руками.3gp
- electric drill;
- welding machine;
- steel sheet, 5 mm thick;
- several square pipes, 1 inch in diameter;
- electric hacksaw;
- set of bolts and nuts.
Next, we turn to the manufacture of the main structural elements. You will need:
- Make a hitch. it is a welded mechanism, which will later be installed in the base of the adapter frame and attached to it with bolts. The hitch consists of two pieces of square pipe welded together and one piece of water pipe, no more than 1 inch in diameter and 20 cm long each. Insert a stem with a welded tee, which is not fully pressed by the bolt, into the water pipe. Be sure to lubricate the stem with grease or grease. this will ensure free rotation of the tee along the horizontal axis when moving the tiller with an adapter over bumpy terrain;
- To make a knot that fixes the wheels. for this take 2 pieces of pipe, 1 “in diameter and 10 cm long, and weld them perpendicular to each other. After that, insert the horizontal segment into the fixing pipe and securely fix it with the bolt. The vertical section of the pipe will serve as a place for attaching the axle and bearing with the wheel.
Having prepared the equipment, materials and having made the main elements of the adapter for the tiller, you can proceed to the assembly of the equipment. Be sure to follow the instructions in the drawings, since the slightest mistake will lead to incorrect operation of the entire structure.
Creating a trunk for the adapter
You will need a trunk for collecting and transporting crops. Due to the fact that after mounting the trunk, the center of gravity of the tiller is transferred, this element will also become indispensable when driving on hilly terrain. The trunk is made in the following sequence:
- First, assemble the frame. for this, take several water pipes. One of them should be central, and have a diameter of 1 inch. All other pipes should be ½ ”or ¼” in diameter;
- Place the support pipes on the central tube and weld it to the trunk;
- Fix the support pipes to the block rod and gearbox.
You can choose the height of the supports based on the position of the trunk. At the same time, remember that it should not lie on the tiller, but hang over it. The trunk is mounted by means of supports above those elements of the tiller that do not require free access to themselves. Never fasten the part above the instrument panels, as well as the fuel and oil tank.
Modern tiller is a high-tech agricultural machine that allows you to process the garden with high quality, saving the time and effort of its owner. Most tillers can be retrofitted with a variety of additional designs. One of these designs is the adapter to the tiller. its presence makes working with the unit many times more convenient and pleasant.
Frame fabrication and seat assembly
Using an adapter with a seat allows you to turn the tiller into a mini-tractor. You can choose a chair to adapt to your taste. In doing so, we advise you to pay attention to the seat with a built-in shock absorber. this way, you will avoid the need to install springs. The frame is assembled in the following sequence:
- Take a piece of pipe with a diameter of 5.7 cm and weld the shank to it. it is necessary for mounting the swing arm. The bracket itself must be fixed with a pin;
- Weld a 5 × 5 cm cross-piece to the frame. Both parts should be perpendicular to each other;
- Weld a steel sheet, 3 mm thick, to the corner and frame;
- Bend the side edges of the sheet, about 1 cm long, down. this way you protect yourself from cuts;
- Bend and weld the fenders, to the top of which you weld the wing flaps. Latest equip with reflectors.
Be sure to equip the main frame with an additional pull-out frame made of a tube, 51 mm thick. In this case, the telescopic tube is attached to the fixed main frame by means of a bolt.
Types of adapters for tiller
The main parameter by which adapters to tillers are divided is the way they are connected to the agricultural unit. Depending on this, you can find on sale:
- Rear Tiller Adapter. The hitch is located at the front of this design. Therefore, after connection, the adapter is behind the tiller;
- front tiller adapter. this device is equipped with a coupling mechanism located at the rear of the structure. After connecting, the adapter is in front of the tiller. Each front adapter is shipped with the steering wheel. it is required to drive the entire mini-column. Steering adapters are more complex in design, so their cost is slightly higher than the first type.
Also, all commercially available adapters for tillers are divided among themselves according to the area of application. On the market there are:
- Shortened adapters are small fixtures that are designed to be paired with light tillers. Due to its low weight, such an adapter can be attached to one of the wheels of the tiller;
- elongated adapters. designs of this type are used to work with heavy agricultural machines. They have a fairly large size and considerable weight.
It should be noted that adapters for tillers are divided among themselves according to the presence of a body. By this parameter, you can find the following designs on sale:
- body adapters. their design includes a body that allows you to transport garden tools and crops over fairly long distances. Such adapters will become indispensable for sowing and harvesting;
- bodyless adapters. such devices are not equipped with a body, therefore their tasks are completely different. they are used exclusively for soil processing.
When choosing an adapter, be sure to take into account the design features of the devices. this will allow you to purchase equipment that meets your specific requirements.
Swivel bracket and rear-view mirror manufacturing
To make this adapter part, proceed in this order:
- Weld or bend a workpiece from a pipe with a diameter of 5–6 cm. Weld 2 steel bushings to its upper part. they are necessary to ensure the effect of rocking the adapter frame in the longitudinal and transverse axes;
- Slip on the bracket and fix one side of it on the shank attached to the frame, and the other directly on the tiller.
In order to quickly install and remove the bracket, weld the handle to it.
You will need a rearview mirror when transporting a loaded cart. Mount the part on the tiller handle or clip it to the rear of the trunk.
To save time on making a part, you can take a ready-made mirror from a car or moped.
Algorithm of actions
We start manufacturing attachments for the tiller.
Important! Before starting work on the drawings, be sure to check the correspondence of the sizes and numbers.
To make a steering adapter for a tiller, you will need a frame with a bushing and a fork. This will allow the tiller to rotate freely through the steering wheel.
- Everything will start with making the frame. It can be made from cut pieces of the selected steel of the required length. The metal can be divided by an angle grinder and the elements can be electrically welded or bolted together.
- Next, we build the chassis. If your tiller’s motor is in front, then the track size must be determined by the main wheels. The rear ones are mounted to the frame using an axle. You can create it from a piece of pipe of a suitable width. At the ends of this pipe, we press in the bearings with bushings. Wheels will be installed on them. If the tiller’s engine is located at the rear, then the track width must be greater, otherwise the mini tractor will not be able to keep running normally during operation. In such a situation, it would be more optimal to remove and reinstall the base wheels of the tiller, but already on a more spacious bridge.
- To make the steering wheel to the unit, you do not need to additionally remove the handles from the car or motorcycle. Stop using the handle. In other words, the operator will be able to control the mini tractor with a steering wheel that looks like a motorcycle. However, the operator will not be able to backtrack normally with it. That is why it will be preferable to mount the steering column on a mini tractor.
- When using an all-metal frame, the steering will be integrated with the front axle of the tiller. You can make an articulated support, then the control column will rotate the entire front half-frame. To do this, the craftsman will need to attach the cogwheel to the front frame. The second gear is installed on the steering column.
- The seat, which can be previously removed from a passenger car, must be welded to the sled frame. The technician must ensure that it adjusts, especially when operating the front adapter attached to the tiller.
- If you intend to use a mini tractor to work with plows and cultivators, then you will need additional welding of the bracket. An auxiliary hydraulic system must be installed to operate the attachment. The pump for it can be easily dismantled from agricultural machinery. If you have to work with semi-trailers, then you need to take care of additional welding of the towbar to the rear of the frame. It can also be successfully borrowed from a passenger car.
- Fastening (coupling) can be done by hand. To do this, you need drawings, which are easily searched for in articles on the top results of the desired topic. And we will talk about how exactly to implement the coupling.
To make a U-type hitch, you need a metal channel of suitable thickness and size. The hitch is attached to the tiller under the steering column through pre-drilled holes at specific locations. The bracket and pins are inserted into them. It is important to ensure that the parts are of high quality, this will avoid unnecessary problems in the future and a waste of time in the present. All parts must be made of high quality high strength steel.
This shows the installation of the front adapter on the tiller type “Neva” finished. After the completion of the assembly, it remains only necessary to lubricate the mini-tractor and test it for functioning. The adapter assembly can then be judged complete. Now you can safely deal with the required work on land plots with the help of new technology.
The presented view assumes a rigid fixation on the tiller. The steering gear is carried out in the format of a separate independent unit. In addition, a pair of wheels, which act as a steering gear, are installed both at the front and at the rear. Each of them is guided by personal preferences. The position of the steering gear is also related to spare parts, daily use. Driving a “home” mini-tractor with a homemade adapter is no more difficult than, for example, an ATV.
Types of adapters for tiller
There are several types of adapters for mini tractors, including homemade ones.
- With lifting arm. The presented type of suspended equipment will simplify control, movement around the site.
- For the transportation of goods. They are equipped with special bodies, capable of withstanding the maximum load.
- With long or short drawbar. Short type. for lightweight type, long type. for heavy machinery.
- With telescopic drawbar. This design allows for width adjustment.
This technique is also divided by the type of construction:
Features of the adapter design
This attachment includes:
- driver’s seat;
- a pair of wheels;
- wheel axle;
First work with a minitractor/homemade minitractor (stage 3 of 3)
That is, the adapter gives the impression of a cart that is attached to the main equipment. As a result, it makes it look like a mini tractor.
Now let’s talk about each component in detail.
- To make a front adapter for a do-it-yourself steering tiller, a frame is required. A body or a driver’s seat is attached to it. The frame is mounted on the chassis.
- The driver’s seat is attached to the frame for ease of use. This was conceived in order to make it pleasant and easy to operate the equipment in the process of gardening.
- Wheels and wheel axle make gardening easier for the operator with this small tractor.
- There are two types of wheels for a home tractor. rubber and metal. The metal wheels can be used for reliable work in the fields. The rubber wheels are equipped with a deep tread pattern. This allows the operator to move the machine on unpaved roads and, if necessary, off-road. In any case, the wheels for the adapter are supplied with the purchase in a set for the equipment itself. But if the user wants to change them, you need to pay attention to their type and size.
- Device for coupling (fastening) with a tiller. The fastener for the MTZ unit is made of steel or cast iron, using welding. The hitch is one of the essential building blocks. It provides a secure connection to the motorized part of the trailed implement. The most used is the U-shaped attachment point, because thanks to this device, the vehicle turns out to be more stable.
Steering Tiller Operation
Let’s say a few words about the features of steering a tiller with a steering wheel, and why it is recommended to perform just this option during assembly. It is not for nothing that this type of conventional and home-made cars is so popular, because it has a lot of advantages:
- the operator does not have to waste his energy on walking behind a mini tractor;
- the traction potential of the equipment is realized one hundred percent;
- such a mini tractor is more maneuverable and functional;
- now, in order to cultivate a plot far from home, you do not have to additionally transport a tiller. you can simply drive on it, like in a regular car or tractor;
- control is more lightweight and convenient than other types;
- now you do not need to hold in your hands the entire mass of this heavy and bulky apparatus,
- it becomes possible to quickly assemble and disassemble the unit;
- control parts are not significantly modified during rework;
- good weight balance along the axes.
We will not mention here the noise of work and other characteristic features, in principle, of all tractors. Let’s just say about one characteristic drawback. not very reliable stability, which is associated with a movable hitch. However, the pluses are of course more impressive.
Making an adapter for a tiller with your own hands
Any activity on a plot of land takes a lot of time and effort. For this reason, gardeners are increasingly using special equipment. such as Tilleri. However, it is impossible to do everything with this unit. Without a special adapter, you will not be able to plow or huddle the ground, as well as clear the area from snow and construction debris. A trolley with a seat for a tiller nowadays costs quite impressive money. However, there is a way out. Today we will talk about how you can make a homemade adapter for a home tiller without any special effort.
- Description of the adapter for the motoblock
- Features of the adapter design
- Adapter making instructions
- Algorithm of actions
Description of the adapter for the motoblock
The adapter is a special module for moving on the trailer. With its help, you will be able to operate the machine in a sitting position and at the same time till the soil. For example, the adapter to the MTZ tiller has steering control. It is quite possible to do it yourself. One of the sections of the article below is devoted to how this can be done. In the meantime, let’s talk about the purpose of this attachment.
Using an adapter can greatly simplify the use of this home technology. You will be able to change attachments for hilling or planting potatoes, flat cutter, plow and other accessories. Also, the adapter speeds up absolutely any garden work. In other words, if you apply such a device in practice, then the speed of labor will increase from 5 to 10-11 km / h.
Adapter making instructions
Now let’s talk about how to independently make a front adapter with steering for your small tractor.
To manufacture the steering wheel tiller adapter, you will need the following materials:
- Two identical wheels on an axle. The radius of the wheels ranges from 15-18 inches. Even wheels from the old Soviet “Volga” can fit.
- Steering wheel and column bearings.
- Frame steel (channel, pipe or angle).
- Fasteners (washers, bolts, nuts).
- Lubricants (lithol or solidol).
- Consumables (drills, electrodes, angle grinder discs).
- Wrench set.
- Angle Grinder.
- Welding machine.
Before starting work, it is important to take into account that the wheels should not have a very large or small radius.
Preparing for work and overview of elements
The adapter is undoubtedly a very important component of the tiller, so it must be reliable and convenient. There are a few things to watch out for:
- Coupling mechanism. It must be strong and have the necessary rigidity. Therefore, it is always made from cast iron or steel. The gaps in the joints should be kept to a minimum, as this affects the fixing strength of the bonding element.
- Material for manufacturing. Operating experience shows that adapters made of sheet steel have the greatest reliability. They are assembled using a welding machine. In this case, the quality of the welded seams must be ideal. Otherwise, during operation, it is because of them that a breakdown will occur.
- Driver’s seat. The seat is made comfortable and adjustable in height, because it will have to spend several hours in a row while working.
Subject to these conditions, they begin to manufacture. First, they make do-it-yourself drawings of a hitch for a tiller or choose suitable ones on the Internet. After all, the more diagrams and drawings will be studied, the better the result.
How to make an adapter for a tiller with your own hands
Today it is difficult to find a person who would not use a tiller when processing his site. Further improvement of technology led to the invention of a special device with which the tiller can easily be converted into a comfortable mini tractor. At the same time, it became possible to carry out field work while sitting, which greatly facilitated the work of the villager. This mechanism is called a tiller adapter.
Making a device with a movable joint
This is the simplest device. The adapter itself will be located behind the tiller. It is not difficult to make it, but the process requires attention and concentration. The service life of the mechanism depends on the quality of work. This adapter is suitable for heavy tillers, for example, “Neva”. It has an engine power of over 7 liters. from. and weight from 105 kg. This allows, without skidding, to pull not only the adapter, but also agricultural implements.
For manufacturing, you will need the following materials and tools:
- electric drill with the necessary set of drills;
- DC welding machine and electrodes;
- angle grinder with a set of cutting and grinding discs;
- hammer, file, square, various hardware;
- sheet metal with a thickness of at least 5 mm;
- several profile pipes with dimensions 40 x 50 and 50 x 50 mm;
- round water pipe with thick walls with a diameter of 30-45 mm;
- steel rods with a diameter for a round pipe;
- channel 40 x 50 mm;
- two wheels from Zhiguli or Oka with bearings and hubs;
- driver’s seat.
Any sizes of the adapter can be chosen, but based on the needs of the mini-technician. The frame itself can be made slightly above or below the tiller axis. For the wheels, the optimal suspension is the portal, which provides a decent ground clearance. It is not necessary to install shock absorbers on the adapter. this complicates the design. The easiest way is to take a seat with built-in elastic elements.
Next, go directly to the manufacture of individual units.
- Coupling. This is a welded mechanism, which is a hinge that works in two planes. It is then installed in the base of the adapter frame and bolted to it. It consists of two pieces of 40 x 50 pipes welded together and a piece of round water pipe. A welded tee is inserted into it. The tee itself consists of a rod and part of the same pipe. This is the most critical unit, so the welds must be perfect.
- Adapter frame. Here you will need a profile pipe and a channel. They are welded together, strengthened, and then wheel stands are made. Further, the struts are fixed with braces welded to the frame and wheel hubs. Install and secure the wheels.
- Several pieces of pipe are welded to the main frame to install the seat.
- Fixes and adjusts the seat. It is positioned so that when the steering wheel is turned, the operator’s back does not come off the back. Tiller controls do not need to be removed. this is done when the power plant is located behind the driver.
- Install the finished hitch.
- Attached to the tiller.
A bracket for attachments is made. It is located on the rear cross member of the frame. To do this, add several levers and rods that will change the lifting height of agricultural implements.
Next, a wheel locking mechanism is made. To do this, use a ready-made brake system from any car and adjust it to the installed wheel hubs.
Purpose and types of adapters
An adapter is a trailer with which the functionality of small-scale mechanization equipment is increased. It has a frame and a wheel axle. With its help, the tiller is converted into a full-fledged mini-tractor that is capable of plowing and planting. In this case, the speed of soil cultivation increases from 5 to 8-10 km / h. In addition, the adapter gives the tiller stability and the ability to fully use agricultural implements.
Nearly all adapters have a driver’s seat and levers that raise agricultural implements. This mechanism has footrests and a brake pedal that locks the wheels when stopped. All parts are mounted on a sturdy frame.
A hitch is located in front or behind the adapter, which allows the entire structure to be connected to the tiller. In addition, many devices are equipped with an additional coupling mechanism. It is convenient to hang tools for cultivating the land on it.
There are two main types of construction:
- With a movable joint. It is also called a fracture adapter. This is the simplest device and the easiest to make. In it, the hitch is located at the front. But in this case, control of the tiller will be harder, since you will have to turn the entire power unit completely.
- With steering gear. Here, the articulation of the adapter and the tiller is rigid, and the control is carried out due to the integrated steering unit. This design is the most convenient to use, but difficult to manufacture.
In addition, there are body and bodyless adapters. The bodywork includes a 130 x 110 x 80 cm metal box for transporting tools and crops. Bodyless. these are the simplest, they are needed only for hanging agricultural implements.
Therefore, when making a homemade adapter for a tiller, you need to have a good understanding of the goals and objectives of this device, as well as know what materials and spare parts are available. If necessary, you need to collect all the missing parts.
steering wheel tiller
In this case, you will need a steering column with a gearbox. But this is for this case, if you dare to make a tiller with front steering. This procedure is much more complicated and painstaking than a simple articulation, but the result will please. you will get a tiller with a steering wheel and a seat, and you will have all the necessary levers at hand.
During the manufacture, you will need not only a steering wheel and a gearbox, but also tie rods with openers. You will definitely need gas, clutch and brake pedals located under your feet. They are connected to the standard controls for homemade rods or steel cables.
On the right side of the seat, a lever is installed to raise or lower the attachment, as well as a parking brake handle. Fenders with headlights are placed on the front wheels. And the mini-tech finally gets the finished look of a tiller with a front adapter.
It should be noted that. At the same time, the adapter has good technical characteristics that allow you to fully appreciate the advantages of working on your mini-equipment.
Originally posted 2018-04-18 12:27:43.