The gasoline trimmer is NOT gaining momentum: the reasons and features of repair
To cut grass on a small lawn, it is not necessary to purchase an expensive and bulky lawn mower; it can be easily replaced by a gas / electric trimmer. The device of THESE machines is quite simple, they are easy to use and unpretentious in maintenance. But sometimes problems do happen. One of them. when the trimmer does NOT develop the maximum number of revolutions. will be discussed in this article.
Trimmers are reliable and durable (provided they are properly maintained, of course). Most often, malfunctions occur due to contamination of structural elements.
If the motor of your lawn mower Will not start, and does not pick up speed, and does not reach the power you need, or suddenly stalls, a prerequisite may be:
- Low-quality fuel (fuel mixture), the case may be in long-term storage or in non-compliance with the recipe for preparing the mixture;
- Grass is wrapped around the shaft of the fishing line / knife;
- Clogged air filter / muffler;
- Unbalanced carburetor.
The first three reasons are fairly easy to eliminate. If the matter is in the mixture, it is necessary to pour out the old fuel from the tank, prepare a new emulsion from high-quality gasoline and engine oil (if your engine requires a mixture) and pour it into the fuel tank. If the trimmer is running on pure gasoline, it’s still easier.
In the second case, it is necessary to carefully free the trimmer parts from the wound grass.
The last reason a lawn mower doesn’t work properly will require a little more familiarity and skill from you.
In order to properly adjust the carburetor for lawn mowers, a specific procedure must be followed. First, clean the air filter thoroughly. The easiest way is to rinse it (it is advisable to douse the filter regularly after 9-10 hours of operation).
After that, in the diagram of your trimmer, which is in the operating instructions for the device, find the adjustment screws. Usually there are three of them: the first is responsible for fuel supply, the second is idle, and the third is designed to limit the number of maximum engine speed.
Next, turn on the unit and wait for the engine to warm up.
Tighten the first (fuel mixture) adjusting screw slowly. Catch the moment when the motor starts to stall and turn the propeller back 45 degrees. If you didn’t have time and the motor stalled, the screw should be returned 90 degrees. Open the throttle and watch the revs increase. Next, slowly unscrew the screw (each turn is the same 45 degrees) until the moment when, at full throttle, the engine begins to firmly give out maximum revolutions.
The second screw, as mentioned above, controls the engine idle speed. By loosening it, you decrease the number of revolutions, while twisting it, you increase it. The screw needs to be adjusted so as to ensure reliable engine operation at low revs. For better starting speed up the engine slightly. At the same time, make sure that the motor makes several tens of revolutions by the beginning of the movement of the knives / reel with line. If the engine starts poorly, tighten the screw a little.
After you have adjusted the first two screws, test the operation of the device at maximum engine speed. If necessary, you can limit it (maximum). this will protect the motor from “boiling”. To do this, you need to tackle the third screw. Unscrew the locking nut until the adjusting screw can be safely returned. To increase the maximum number of revolutions, the screw must be loosened, in order to decrease. on the contrary, it will be tightened. Fix the position of the screw with a nut. Test the motor again.
Remember that carburetor adjustment is not a final procedure. During the operation of lawn mowers, you will most likely have to tinker with it more than once, because an unbalanced carburetor means both increased fuel consumption and quick failure of candles, not to mention a decrease in the power and performance of the device.
- If you fail to tighten / loosen the adjusting screws normally, it may be because the spring is too thick and stiff. Then you can choose instead of her a more suitable.
- If your unit requires NOT pure gasoline, but its mixture with engine oil, strictly observe the proportions specified in the operating instructions. There is one little thing: the recommended ratio is 1: 25 (for all brands of oil) or 1: 50 (for “native” oils). Try the first ratio first. If, with such a recipe, oil drips appear on the motor, and Strong carbon deposits form on the candle, Reduce the fate of the oil by half. This usually helps to fade traces and reduce the amount of carbon deposits.
- To clean the spark plug electrodes from combustion products, you can use fine-grained “sandpaper”. Wipe them with a dry cloth first and then gently sand them with sandpaper. If the space between the body of the device and the insulator is also clogged, a regular unbent paper clip can help clean it. To do this, briefly soak the candle in diesel fuel, and then scrape off the dirt. If the blockage is small, one procedure is sufficient. In case of heavy dirt, it is sometimes necessary to repeat it several times. After complete cleaning, the candle must be wiped dry from the remaining diesel fuel, and then it can be used as directed.
- Please note that foreign-made lawn mowers (gasoline, electric or battery) require a little more maintenance than domestic ones. In particular, many people insist on entrusting the adjustment of the carburetor of a two-stroke engine to professionals, especially if your purchase has not expired the warranty period.
- And finally, one more tip: follow all the manufacturer’s recommendations for the operation and maintenance of the device. So you prolong its smooth functioning.
You will learn more about what to do if the petrol trimmer is NOT picking up speed.
Causes of uneven engine idling
Experts divide the main reasons for uneven idling into two categories:
Separately, you can take out the malfunction of the air system (intake), but it is more appropriate to include it in the list of problems with the fuel system. The fact is that both of them are inextricably linked and affect the stability of the power unit in the XX mode and under load.
- Fuel-air system and fuel. A poor air-fuel mixture is often a prerequisite for an uneven engine idling. Such “poverty” of the mixture is that it contains too little fuel and too much air.
A more serious problem can be considered a malfunction with the idle valve (aka idle air regulator, auxiliary air regulator), which is sometimes called the idle speed sensor. To owners of carburetor cars, this part is also known as the “solenoid valve”.
Excess air can also be sucked in through, for example, broken holes in the throttle shaft on the carburetor. In this case, the problem may not become noticeable right away: gasoline consumption will gradually increase, there will be interruptions in idling.
- Poor quality fuel. Because of it, idle turns often “float”. This phenomenon is especially pronounced when using the so-called eco-gasoline. It contains a certain amount of ethanol. Ideally, this NOT only makes the exhaust fumes less toxic, but also helps clean the fuel system.
- The fuel pressure regulator (aka low pressure bypass valve) is out of order. Its task is to maintain the required fuel pressure while the engine is running in any mode.
This breakdown is indicated not only by the uneven operation of the engine at idle, but also interruptions, if you sharply press the gas pedal, a drop in power, a strong increase in fuel consumption.
- Nozzles are clogged (channels are coked). Due to the poor operation of the injectors, the fuel mixture is obtained of improper quality in composition, which leads to disruptions in the operation of the power unit in different modes and an increase in fuel consumption.
- Air damper malfunction. This, as a rule, is a mechanical interference, which also leads to the formation of a poor-quality fuel-air mixture. As already mentioned, the engine runs unevenly from this.
- Idle speed on carburetor is NOT adjusted. In this case, under load, the motor will work normally, and at idle speed it will sometimes twitch, and at the same time, quiet pops may even be heard into the muffler. A relatively simple problem, which you can cope with on your own by tightening the desired adjusting screw.
Engine Runs Roughly at Idle: Possible Causes
There are many reasons why the engine idling unevenly. Motorists should have an idea in them in order to avoid unnecessary expenses, by solving the problem on their own and performing repairs with their own hands. On the other hand, it will also be possible to avoid more serious problems thanks to timely diagnosis.
First of all, let’s start with the ignition system. precisely, the gap between the electrodes on the spark plugs is too large.
Here, the symptoms will be much the same as with poor idle adjustment on the carburetor. The problem can be easily eliminated by reducing the gap between the electrodes.
Unstable operation of the engine without load can also be caused by triplet engine. That is, one of the cylinders does not work.
So, taking into account the above, we can conclude that if the engine is running unevenly, the reasons must be sought either in the fuel system or in the ignition (candles and spark plug wires are often to blame).
If no malfunctions are identified, then you can proceed to a deeper inspection, check the pressure in the fuel system, the quality of air supply to the engine, the operation of the ECM sensors, the throttle valve, etc.
On injection cars, it is separately recommended to perform computer diagnostics of the engine, while on engines with a carburetor, cleaning and subsequent adjustment of the carburetor may be necessary, which is the main dosing device.
The engine twitches at idle: why is this happening. Engine twitching in XX mode, diagnostics of possible malfunctions, recommendations.
At idle and at low rpm, the engine troit: Possible causes of erratic powertrain operation. Self-diagnosis methods.
At idle speed “float” turns: why is this happening. The main malfunctions associated with idling on a gasoline and diesel engine.
Floating cold engine idle speed. Main malfunctions, symptoms and breakdown detection. Unstable idling of a diesel engine.
After switching to gas, the engine troit, while it operates normally on gasoline: the main reasons for this malfunction. Troubleshooting, recommendations.
Signs of an inoperative cylinder (tripping and vibration) of a diesel engine. Troubleshooting: compression, diesel injectors, glow plugs, high pressure fuel pumps and others.
Why does the chainsaw stall when you press the gas
Let’s say the chainsaw works normally at idle, but when the gas is pressed sharply, it stalls. What could be the reason? East, it is clear that the matter is not about ignition (no spark), since if the ignition is faulty and there is no spark, the instrument would simply not start. Means the fuel system remains.
There are quite a few defects in the fuel system, and in order to determine a clear prerequisite for which the Stihl 180 chainsaw stalls when you press the gas, you need to carry out its full diagnostics. We advise you to read about the common malfunctions of the Stihl 180 chainsaw and their elimination.
Read the same. Does the situation depend on the brand of the car
A little earlier, it was accepted that only the engine of someone from the VAZ family stalls at idle. Most of the car owners blamed for the design flaws of these cars. One of the possible reasons “why it stalls on I can not start the trimmer at idle speed. But later it turned out that a certain number of foreign cars, even very popular ones, also have a similar drawback. Thus, the origin of your car does not matter at all, so as the Owners of even the most popular brands have a chance to face this kind of trouble.
Idle ones do not work
The misalignment can be caused by vibrations that occur during the operation of the lawn mower.
Incorrect adjustment of the lawn mowers can be corrected by simply adjusting it in accordance with the requirements specified in the operating instructions.
In addition, sometimes gasoline trimmers can stall due to the fact that the valve located in the gas tank cap is simply clogged or stuck.
To find out, try using a scythe, loosened the gas cap.
If the device operates properly in this mode, clean the valve.
over, the lawn mower may stall due to poor fuel flow to the carburetor.
Why then does the device start, you ask?
The reason for this is that at first the fuel gradually runs into the carburetor and it is enough to work at increased power.
However, then it is produced and at high speeds the engine starts to stall.
As for the carburetor, the problem here may also be that its body is too tight.
Air leaks can also be the reason why the lawn mower stalls at high RPM on gas.
We are talking about the possible presence of a place through which air can pass during the heating of the engine.
Be sure to check the fuel inlet hose, among other things. Engine idling erratic engine on NOT required on. The trimmer does NOT pick up speed, is idling, the lawn mower stalls on. The problem may be that it is loose or cracked altogether.
These are the main reasons why a lawn mower may stall.
If the Stihl MC 180 chainsaw stalls at idle, and does not gain power when you press the gas or even stalls at full speed, it is necessary to diagnose the fuel system and check the crankcase for leaks. You can do it yourself, but you need to have certain skills. If you are not familiar with two-stroke saws, it is better to turn to specialists, since this technique is quite capricious and any mistakes are expensive.
On the global network page, you can find information that the Stihl 180 chainsaw may stall due to severe contamination of the air filter. I would like to refute this NOT completely correct information, and say that the Stihl MC 180 carburetor is equipped with a compensator, which is designed and installed in order to take in the air necessary for the normal operation of the Stihl 180 chainsaw, bypassing the dirty air filter. Of course, the power with a clogged air filter will drop a little, but it will definitely not stall. The power may also drop due to wear of the piston, here it will already be necessary to repair the piston Stihl MS 180 chainsaw.
On. elimination of the problem on a car with a carburetor:
Immediately after winding up
The unit may stall immediately after starting if the carburetor is misaligned or incorrectly adjusted. this causes an uneven fuel supply. The result of this is that the device vibrates distinctly. For troubleshooting, the carburetor is reconfigured, following the instructions for the mechanism.
Also, the engine stops when the fuel supply valve becomes clogged. In such cases, it is sufficient to simply clean it. If the lawn mower first started working, but then immediately stalled, then the fuel may enter the carburetor unit with some difficulty. Weakening the valve helps to resolve the issue, which ensures free circulation of the mixture in the system.
A stop can also be caused by air leaks in the presence of mechanical damage to the hose (holes, cracks) that takes the fuel. In this case, you should add revolutions to the bit in order to quickly expel air bubbles from the system.
Trimmer does not work at idle speed EVDIRAL.RU
Build your own home!
When purchasing a lawn mower, you need to be prepared for the fact that, as in all other similar tools, breakdowns may also appear in it, which will require repair.
But you should not immediately run to the service center and pay big money to the masters, convincing you of the presence of a severe malfunction in the device.