Timely oil change in the car engine is the most necessary thing that is required for reliable and durable operation of your engine. The main task of modern engine oils is to create an oil film in the friction zone of engine parts.
Short-term operation of the engine without an oil film in the contact zone of the parts wears out the engine, and can lead in the event of failure. There are known cases of running a car without oil at a power close to maximum not more than 5 km, if you drive quietly, with engine speeds up to 2500 rpm. then you can drive up to 70 km., and when using additives like Hado, Nanoprotek also without engine damage, as the advertisement promises. Parallel functions of engine oil: Removing excess heat from the friction zone of highly loaded parts Cleaning the engine of soot, varnish deposits inside the engine and oil lines Compensation of valve clearances, hydraulic tension of timing mechanisms (hydraulic tensioners, hydraulic compensators)
-Contamination by products of wear and combustion of fuel, oil. Loss of properties due to regular interaction with condensate that forms inside the engine.
-Oxidation of additives over time and loss of their properties Oil dilution with unburned fuel (during winter heating)
How often is it necessary to change the oil and oil filter in our conditions?
The shift frequency is determined by the operating mode of the car and is included in the maintenance, usually 10-15 t.km. Adverse conditions involving reduced mileage between oil changes:
Frequent driving in a dense city stream (when standing in a traffic jam, the engine continues to work, and the mileage readings are unchanged).
Driving for short distances (the engine does not have time to warm up).
Driving with high engine speeds (sports riding, lifting, towing trailers)
Frequent intense acceleration using full engine power (street racing)
The ingress of coolant due to depressurization of the cooling system, which leads to the ingress of water into the oil and a sharp deterioration in the lubricating properties of the oil (breakdown of the cylinder head gasket)
Breakthrough of exhaust gases into the crankcase due to excessive wear of the engine (cylinders and piston parts).
What engine oil should i use?
The manual for your car contains the recommended type and amount of oil, and especially if your car is under warranty, you must strictly follow these recommendations.
There are various types of motor oils.
How do oil additives affect engine performance?
The fraction of friction losses in an automobile internal combustion engine in the nominal mode (in the maximum power mode in gasoline revolutions of more than 5000 rpm) rarely exceeds 7-9%. From these 7-9% the decrease in friction should be subtracted when using additives.
Secondly, I also recall that experiments that conduct or simulate when testing additives, for example 2-3 balls, is only a boundary friction regime in which only parts of the cylinder-piston group work briefly at the time of the explosion of the fuel-air mixture and the piston is transferred to top hat. Although mainly the engine operates in hydrodynamic friction, which determines those hated losses (7-9%). In this mode, additives are practically powerless.
Thus, fuel reduction is possible only by 3-5%, with a fuel consumption of 10 liters, this will be 300-500 ml. best case scenario. At the expense of wear, friction can only be reduced, and oil producers are trying to do this. For example, an additive to Hado oil, in addition to the promised restoration of friction pairs by cermet, according to the tests of the magazine "Behind the wheel" reduces boundary friction by 6.1%, wear. by 13.6%. ER metal anti-friction conditioner, reduced friction by 12%, and wear. by 22% "Rimet" no friction reduction was found, 13% wear reduction.
The cost of replacing engine oil price from 200 UAH.
VAZ oil change 200UAH.
Lanos oil change 200 UAH.
The cost of replacing the oil is indicated without removing the engine protection, if the protection must be removed from the car, then the cost of replacing the oil is 250 UAH.
Stock! Oil change in the engine 180 UAH. running diagnostics 1 UAH.
Call (068) 229-29-17, (044) 229-29-15 and sign up for an oil and filter change at a convenient time and day.
Prices for replacing fluids and filters (UAH)
|Engine oil change||from 180|
|Engine flushing||from 30|
|Power Steering Fluid Replacement||from 100|
|Coolant fluid replacement||from 120|
|Manual gearbox oil change||from 100|
|Oil change in the bridge||from 100|
|Oil change in transfer case||from 100|
|Replacing the air filter||from 40|
|Replacing the air filter (2 elements)||from 80|
|Replacing the cabin filter (air conditioner) in the glove compartment||from 50|
|Replacing the cabin filter (air conditioner) pedal assembly||from 150|
|Replacing diesel fuel filter||from 80|
|Replacing the fuel filter in the tank||from 240|
|Replacing the fuel filter||from 40|
The oil in the car engine performs a protective function, during operation over time it begins to lose viscosity, become dirty and poorly perform its tasks, which affects the wear of engine parts. In such a situation, the oil must be changed immediately, because it is easier to replace the oil than then repair the engine.
Video: Replacing Oil at the Daewoo Lawnmower
When do i need to change the oil?
The frequency of changing the engine oil for each car is individual, auto manufacturers recommend doing this up to 15,000 km, for some cars up to 50,000 km. For diesel engines, the oil change period falls on 7000-8000 km, for gasoline on 10000-12000 mileage.
However, much depends on the conditions in which the car is operated, the fuel on which it operates. So, the increased sulfur content, which is usually for our diesel fuel much faster reduces the resource of engine oil.
We advise you to control the indicator of oil in the engine every few thousand kilometers to be sure.
Severe operating conditions
Severe operating conditions of the car reduce the oil resource and require more frequent replacement. For mineral oil, mileage is up to 5,000 km, semi-synthetic. up to 7,000 km, synthetics. up to 10,000 km.
What conditions can be considered difficult:
- Frequency in using a car. To last longer, the machine must drive regularly, otherwise when idle, condensation forms inside the engine, which causes corrosion of the motor.
- Frequent trips over short distances. The motor cannot warm up completely during this operation, which also leads to condensation. This ride is especially harmful in winter.
- Idling and frequent traffic jams. If the car is standing with the engine running, then the oil heats up and wears out faster.
- Overloaded riding with a tug. also leads to rapid heating and wear of the oil.
- Operation in polluted air is a frequent replacement of filters.
- Poor low-quality fuel, not completely burned. Residues of such fuel are deposited in the oil and reduce efficiency.
- Vacuum oil change assumes that part of the old oil remains in the engine, so even after pouring new oil, it will have to be changed much earlier.
Full engine oil change
As mentioned above, the vacuum method only partially changes the oil in the engine. And when do you need to make a full replacement?
- in the time specified by the manufacturer of the car or deduced by you based on the operating conditions of the car
- after emergency situations in which oil of unknown origin was poured;
- after buying a used car, as it is unclear when the replacement was made and what kind of oil in the engine.
We do not recommend mixing oils of various grades, this is only in extreme cases permissible if you need to add oil on the way. It is necessary to add oil no more than 15%, at the first opportunity this mixture needs to be drained and to fill in new oil.
In no case do not interfere with synthetics and mineral oil, because many additives that are used for mineral oil may not be suitable for synthetics and as a result, the oil will not become so viscous and the engine may jam, and this is a very serious breakdown.
Many of the conditions described correspond to those in which your car is operated, so we recommend that you do not rely on what is written in the service book, but change the oil more often. To do this, you can contact our service center.
The gearbox oil in the manual transmission on the Daewoo Gentra was created to ensure the correct operation of shafts, gears and other components of the unit. Constant friction during operation of the vehicle leads to an increase in temperature and rapid wear of component parts. Therefore, in the manual transmission of a Daewoo Gentra car, you need to change the oil at intervals of 90 thousand kilometers. Subject to Russian realities, replacement is done every 50-60 thousand kilometers.
The level of oil plays an equally important role in the performance of the box. Every 15-20 thousand kilometers it is necessary to carry out a check.
Not enough oil in the manual transmission of the car
The main signs of insufficient oil in the manual transmission of a Daewoo Gentra car are:
- when shifting gears, slippage is felt;
- the backstage switches hard;
- the box handle vibrates when shifting.
Therefore, the lack of oil in the manual transmission on the Daewoo Gentra can create certain troubles.
To prevent damage, it is necessary:
- check the oil level in accordance with the recommendations of car manufacturers;
- Do not tow vehicles with an automatic transmission;
- to install the vehicle on the handbrake during parking in order to exclude excessive force on the box;
- when reversing, make a complete stop before shifting to first gear.
How to replace the manual transmission oil with a Daewoo Gentra?
To start the replacement process, it is necessary to prepare for an oil change at the manual transmission in Daewoo Gentra. To do this, you need the following tools:
- set of wrenches and hex wrenches;
- flat screwdriver;
- pliers (if necessary);
- container for waste fluid;
- overalls (including gloves);
- fresh butter.
Safety when changing the oil in the manual transmission is important. First of all, it is necessary to observe the temperature regime of the liquid when replacing it. To do this, after stopping the engine, you must wait 15-20 minutes. It is not necessary to wait for it to cool completely. In this case, the fluidity of the oil will deteriorate, so the task with the maximum amount of draining the spent fluid may fail.
There are two methods to replace the oil in the gearbox:
- Partial replacement.
- Full replacement.
In case of partial replacement, the washing of the tray and the box is not entirely provided, and the cleaning tray is not unscrewed.
Partial oil change in a manual gearbox
Step-by-step instructions for partial oil change in manual transmission:
- The car is installed on a flat surface on a flyover or lift.
- The bolts that hold the differential cover loosen.
- A screwdriver is neatly pushed between the body and the cover to drain the waste fluid.
- When replacing, it is advisable to prepare a new differential cover gasket for replacement. If she is in good condition, no need to change.
- A new gasket is installed and the cover is back, fixed with bolts. Tightening force. 4 kgf.
- The filler plug is unscrewed with a socket wrench at 13.
- Pour new oil using an oil syringe. Volume. 1.8 liters. The level of the oil should reach the bottom of the mark.
- A little sealant is applied to the filler plug and, with minimal effort, gently twists.
Complete oil change in manual transmission
Do-it-yourself complete oil change in manual transmission for Daewoo Gentra:
- The car is installed on a flat surface on a lift, overpass or pit.
- The differential cover is removed. To do this, loosen all the bolts.
- Two bolts are carefully removed and the cover is pushed back with a screwdriver. Pre-filled containers for waste oil. All oil is carefully drained and the differential cover is removed. This box does not have a drain hole, so the differential cover is removed.
- Traces for the presence of debris, metal chips or other deposits are carefully examined.
- It is cleaned with a metal brush and a special washing liquid. After the cap is screwed in the reverse order. Fastens with 12 bolts.
- Auto oil is poured into the filler hole using a pharmacy syringe.
A test run of 10-15 kilometers is carried out. During the trip, the box is required to work in different gears for about one minute. The car is re-installed on a flat surface. The oil level is checked through the filler hole. If necessary, add the missing fluid. This completes the oil change process at the Daewoo Gentra manual transmission.