Hammer USM 1050
Next in the rating of the angle grinder is the Hammer USM 1050 model. It has a power of 1050 W and a relatively small weight – 2.4 kg. The number of revolutions per minute – 11000. Machine length – 35 cm. The side handle is two-position. The functions of the tool are manual control of the rotation speed, blocking of the “Start” button, fixing the spindle. The plastic of the case is not slippery, it fits comfortably in the hand.
Pros of the Hammer USM 1050
- No heating of the gearbox, even under heavy loads.
- Comfortable side handle.
- Can be used for sanding wood.
- The package contains spare brushes.
- The speed control is quickly clogged with dust.
- There is no soft start.
- Weak stopper for disc change.
- Unreliable disc removal key, bends.
Output. Despite its low price, the angle grinder is versatile and suitable for making cuts in metal, concrete or ceramics, as well as for grinding.
DeWALT DWE 4150
The DeWALT DWE 4150 model with 900 W and 11800 rpm has good ergonomics and a low profile body. Dimensions – 390 120 150 mm. The brush holder is spring-loaded and independent, which increases the time of maintenance-free operation of the brushes.
Pros of DeWALT DWE 4150
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Hardy, able to withstand significant loads.
- Power declared by the manufacturer
- Moderately noisy.
- The engine armature has a protective epoxy coating that protects the engine from dust.
- Self-cutting brushes, prevents damage to the armature.
- low vibration.
- Weak side grip.
- Short power cable.
- Non-standard disc mounting, using a hexagon. It may be inconvenient the first time you use it..
Output. Applications for this angle grinder are in household work or small production. It is good for use in places where precision machining is required and for bodywork. Top spindle lock button for maximum cutting depth.
Bosch GWS 20-230 H Professional
Bosch GWS 20-230 H Professional 0.601.850.107 angle grinder is designed for heavy loads, tool power – 2000 W at 6600 rpm. Dimensions are 550170150, weight – 5.1 kg. Easily processes metal products, for concrete and stone you need to connect a dust extractor, since there is no protection against dust during long-term operation.
Pros of Bosch GWS 20-230 H Professional
- Start without jerking, although there is no smooth start.
- Large power reserve.
- Ergonomic grip, hands do not get tired after long-term use.
- Comes with 8 discs.
- Reducer flange is not metal, may not withstand the load.
- No smooth power regulation.
Output. Requirements for the operation of this model – the installation of only high-quality disks. Otherwise, beating may occur, there will be an uneven cut. Scope – industrial metal cutting, processing of concrete, brick, paving slabs. A handy tool for dismantling, construction and repair of private and commercial facilities. Has a great resource.
Angle grinders (angle grinder) are a versatile tool for cutting and grinding various materials. The choice of an angle grinder depends on the type of work performed and the planned intensity of use of the tool.
In order to determine which angle grinder is better, you need to analyze such parameters as: disc diameter – from 115 to 230 mm, the larger this value, the deeper the maximum possible cut; power – from 500 to 2000 W, affects the processing speed and permissible material thickness, the number of revolutions – from 6600 to 12000.
The Bort BWS-1000-R has a low power rating of only 900 watts at 11,000 rpm. Dimensions – 400100110 mm. Angle grinder weight – 2.3 kg. The angle grinder has a comfortable grip and the ability to handle hard-to-reach places. Adjustment of revolutions from zero to maximum. But for this, a variable resistor is used, due to which, with an increase in speed, the power is briefly reduced..
Pros of Bort BWS-1000-R
- Quick-detachable casing, mounted on an eccentric.
- There are special hatches for replacing brushes..
- One-handed operation.
- The handle is attached on the left and right side.
- Does not heat up under significant loads.
- The power button is located on the handle, next to the speed control, which is convenient for smooth adjustment.
- Short network cable, 2 m.
- No case for storing tools and supplies.
- The shaft locking button may break if more force is applied when tightening the disc..
- Low quality plastic of the power button, there is a possibility of breakage.
Output. An angle grinder is used for fine processing, cutting thick steel or sanding wood is difficult and time-consuming. The reason is the lack of power, its decrease when adjusting the speed. A good option for a home craftsman, not long-term work at a construction site, repair, grinding metal surfaces.
Criteria for Selecting a Good Angle Grinder
The disc is the main consumable for the angle grinder. It is he who cuts, grinds, cleans. When choosing a diameter, it is important to take into account that the “useful area” of the disc, and hence the cutting depth, is about four times less than its diameter. That is, it cuts only the extreme 1 / 3-1 / 4 of the disc. There are 5 diameters of discs:
- 115 mm is the smallest disc. It is not suitable for main cutting due to its shallow cutting depth (less than 25 mm), but good for small jobs and grinding. There are also machines with 100 mm discs, designed exclusively for grinding and polishing, but they are narrowly specialized and are not widely used in everyday life..
- 125 mm. The most popular disc size is a household angle grinder with a cutting depth of about 40 mm. With discs for different purposes, it allows you to cut almost all materials;
- 150 mm is convenient for cutting concrete, brick, metal pipes;
- 180 mm is useful for those who started repairs or construction;
- 230 mm – discs for professional angle grinders with a cutting depth of up to 70 mm, rarely used for household needs. Generally, the larger the disc the angle grinder is designed for, the greater the weight of the tool assembly..
15 best angle grinder (angle grinder)
A quality angle grinder has useful functions that make the work easier and prolong the life of the angle grinder. Their presence indicates the professional purpose of the tool and significantly affects the price. They are also found in a good household tool:
- “Soft start” (start without jerking);
- auto-shutdown of brushes in case of short-term power outages;
- self-balancing of the disc (reduces the runout of the disc during uneven erasure, and therefore vibration in the hands);
- the ability to fix the power button for long-term operation;
- the ability to change the casing without tools;
- automatic (electronic) regulation of the disk rotation speed;
- improved dust protection of the stator and armature;
- dust removal system (the presence of a special nozzle for connecting a construction vacuum cleaner).
It provides stable operation of the tool under loads and allows you to work for a long time without a break for rest of the tool. The power of an angle grinder varies from 0.5 to 2.6 kW and is not rigidly tied to the size of the disc, that is, you can find a machine with a 125 mm disc with a power of both 600 W and 1.5 kW. For household purposes, a 600-900 Watt angle grinder is sufficient. For long and difficult work with heavy circles, it is worth choosing an option with a power of 1.5 kW or more..
angle grinder with speed control: models, characteristics, subtleties of choice
- Features of the
- What is the adjustment for??
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Models and their characteristics
- Selection Tips
- How to use?
Every master has at hand such a reliable tool as an angle grinder. With the help of this device, you can not only perform high-quality cutting of material, surface grinding, but also sharpen kitchen knives. Since certain types of work require minimal disc rotation, it is recommended to purchase a device with a speed control..
What is the adjustment for??
The quality of cutting and grinding of the material directly depends on the set speed of rotation in the angle grinder. Since hard and thick workpieces lend themselves well to cutting at maximum speed, and aluminum, on the contrary, can melt when heated, then when working with them, the speed of rotation of the disk should be adjusted. Control of operating modes is provided only in models equipped with a special controller. This function is useful and used in several cases..
- When processing stone. This material is well cut and grinded at low speeds; for each type of stone, its own disc speed is selected separately..
- For finishing delicate surfaces that require careful handling. At high speeds, such products can deteriorate..
- When replacing one circle size with another. In this case, a speed correction is needed..
- When using in the work of crowns and discs with diamond dusting. To avoid their overheating and breakage, workpieces must be processed at low speeds..
If the tool is only planned to carry out threaded operations, then there is no need for a speed controller. When used universally, the angle grinder is irreplaceable. The speed control system in the angle grinder is represented by integrated microcircuits. They are reliable in use, function with a soft starter and a tuned module.
Models and their characteristics
Today, angle grinders equipped with speed control are in great demand among craftsmen. This type of tool is well suited for cutting, polishing and grinding workpieces. The construction market is represented by an angle grinder made by both domestic and foreign companies. Models from several brands have proven themselves well.
- Bosch GWS 850 CE. This device is lightweight for easy handling. The machine has a power of 850W and is good for polishing marble and granite. The complete set of the tool includes a disc speed regulator with six positions. The minimum speed of revolutions is 2800, the maximum is 11000 per minute, a special nozzle designed for high speed is used for processing wood with a machine. The manufacturer additionally equips the device with a handle, a wrench, discs and washers for attaching nozzles.
variable speed angle grinder unboxing || ऐसा angle grinder अपने पहले नही देखा होगा || Mr. Dharoniya
- Makita GA5030. It is the lightest grinder (weighs 2 kg) and is designed for simple household work. With the device, you can easily handle cutting, grinding and polishing various materials. Thanks to the additional handle, the workflow is greatly simplified, this model can accommodate discs with a diameter of 115 and 125 mm. The tool has a power of 1400 W, thanks to the speed control it is classified as a professional model. In addition, the angle grinder has a switch-on lock, a speed stabilization system, in order to protect the device from overheating, it is recommended to switch it off periodically during intensive work..
- Metabo WEV 10-125 Quick. This modification is produced with the ability to change the speed and maintain a power of 1200 W, the design provides for an electronic engine overload protection system. The speed of rotation of the cutting wheel automatically changes depending on the type of work and is fixed at varying loads. This model is the best of all the 125 mm cars produced, it is distinguished by a large number of revolutions and adjustable speeds. The angle grinder also has a safety clutch and replaceable brushes that turn off when the power supply voltage drops. In addition, the manufacturer has supplemented the tool with an overheating indicator, a stabilizer and a long cable..
The Hitachi G13SS modification can complete the review of the popular variable speed angle grinder. Due to its high power indicators and the possibility of using it with discs with a diameter of 150 and 230 mm, it takes a high rating among the types of this equipment. The device is perfect for both renovation and construction work. The device can cut metal workpieces and grind parts from different materials. A distinctive feature of the device is a narrow grip and low weight, which makes it comfortable to work..
Advantages and disadvantages
Angle grinders with speed control are presented on the construction market in a huge range. Depending on the design features and technical characteristics, they can have both pros and cons. So, household models are compact and lightweight, but their functionality is limited. In such devices, productivity is also reduced, during operation they quickly overheat and require constant stops..
As for professional tools, they are very powerful and endowed with additional functions that allow them to be used for a long time without overheating the mechanism. These angle grinders are of excellent quality, easy to operate, and are designed for both cutting and grinding workpieces. The disadvantages of these models are the high price and high weight, since the frame of the device and additional components are made of durable material.
The main advantage of an angle grinder with speed control, regardless of their modification, is the ability to set a certain operating mode. Thanks to this, the device becomes multifunctional and allows processing of various materials..
The variable speed angle grinder is one of the most popular and widely used tools. Since this tool is represented by different modifications, it is difficult to make the right choice in favor of this or that device. The first step is to decide how the device will be used for domestic or professional purposes. In the event that infrequent and simple work is planned, then a small low-speed machine will do. For the simultaneous implementation of high-quality cutting and grinding of the material, it is best to opt for professional models..
In addition, it is worth paying attention to the following characteristics of the device:
- minimum and maximum number of revolutions;
- additional functions;
- disk parameters that can be used with the instrument.
An important criterion when choosing is the frequency of operation of the device. For constant and intensive work, it is necessary to buy models in which the outer case is made of durable metal and supplemented with brass inserts. When installing the pipeline, it is advisable to use devices with the maximum level of protection against water and dirt..
Features of the
The variable speed angle grinder is a versatile and multifunctional tool that makes it easy to tackle any task in construction and renovation. The main difference between such an angle grinder is the ability to independently set the speed of rotation of the disk, depending on the type of material being processed. Manufacturers produce a device with an electric motor, the power of which can range from 500 to 1500 watts. For cutting blanks, you can choose machines with an average performance of 800 W, but if you plan to carry out grinding, then it is recommended to give preference to more powerful models, since the area of contact with the surface of the processed material is larger in this case.
The angle grinder with speed control is an absolutely safe device to use, since all models are equipped with a full range of protective systems that exclude injury. Let’s list the main.
- Soft start device. It is responsible for the smooth operation of the tool after pressing the start button. This device can also act as an inrush current limiter, which extends the life of the device..
- Safety clutch. In the event that, when processing material, the disc of an angle grinder begins to “bite” or wedge, this device starts an emergency stop.
- Emergency brake. When machining hard material, the tool can twist and pull out of the hand. The brake helps to stop the rotation of the disc in 3 seconds.
- Coil impregnation with a special compound. Since the cutting and grinding of the material is accompanied by the appearance of abrasive dust, its penetration into the device is prevented by additional processing of the coil with a protective layer. This avoids short circuit problems.
- Heat dissipating slots. Protect the device from overheating during intensive work.
- Balancing system. The circles of the machine may be ground unevenly, after which trembling and beating of the machine may occur during the processing of workpieces. Special automatic balancing helps to smooth the work.
- Overload fuse. When the cutting part heats up to a temperature above 160 degrees, the automatic system is triggered, and the rotation speed of the disc first decreases to 200 rpm, then stops completely.
angle grinders with speed control weigh from 2 to 5 kg, their performance depends on the diameter of the disc and the number of revolutions. Mini models are very popular with craftsmen, which are suitable for working with 115 and 125 mm wheels. Their speed ranges from 10,000 to 11,000 rpm. The 115mm disc angle grinder is generally used for cutting material up to 28mm thick and is well suited for sanding wood, tile, porcelain and glass. Devices with 125 mm discs are considered the most popular, as they perfectly cope with grinding the surface of any material and cutting parts with a thickness of 30 mm. If it is necessary to cut and grind steel pipes, bricks and concrete, then it is recommended to use a device with a circle of 150 mm, while metal processing should be carried out at high speeds, and stone – at lower.
The attachment of the cutting disc to an angle grinder with speed control is carried out using a spindle stop and a protective key, in some models there is also a self-clamping system. Additionally, manufacturers also equip the tool with a casing that protects the craftsman from dust, sparks in the eyes and breaking the circle on the go.
How to use?
Despite the fact that all models of the variable speed angle grinder serve flawlessly, they still require proper care and operation. Therefore, it is periodically necessary to replace the working attachments and contact brushes, add oil to the gearbox and clean the engine compartment from dirt. In addition, a technical check of the instrument is also provided; it should be carried out at least once a month..
When replacing the discs, the device must be turned off, the gearbox must be locked with the button, then the old nozzle must be removed and a new one must be installed, pressing it tightly with a nut. Filling with oil is simple: to do this, remove the gearbox cover, having previously unscrewed the mounting bolts. As for cleaning the case from dust, it is carried out using a vacuum cleaner.
Work with an angle grinder must be carried out in accordance with all safety regulations. The technician must wear protective gloves, goggles or a face shield. Do not start cutting with a broken or cracked blade as it could cause injury. Grinding with a cut-off wheel is also not allowed, and cutting with a stripping.
For cutting and polishing various materials, a certain speed of rotation of the disc is required, it can be adjusted using a special automatic system, which is controlled on the body by moving a lever. Thus, the revs can be easily decreased or increased. In addition, you can reduce the speed using large diameter discs..
Angle grinder CHEAP speed controller
For information on how to correctly adjust the speed of an angle grinder with your own hands, see the next video.
Safety in the process of work, an increase in the service life of the device is provided by the following options:
- Soft start – due to this function, the acceleration of the motor to maximum speed is slowed down. Because of this, the case does not “jerk” at startup. The tool is easier to grip and more accurate disc guidance.
- Accidental start protection – avoids unplanned start-up. Implemented by a couple of buttons on the body. the angle grinder is switched on by pressing both.
- Overload protection – the speed remains stable even if you press the device too hard. This prevents the motor from breaking..
- Speed control – allows you to choose the optimal speed at which the disc spins for different types of work.
- Dust protection – prevents dust, particles of material from damaging the engine.
- Anti-vibration handle – makes working with the tool more comfortable and safer for the user.
The angle grinder, designed to work with large discs, has a rotation speed of 7-9 thousand rpm. For devices with smaller circles, this parameter is higher – about 12 thousand.
It is worth taking into account: the characteristic is indicated by the manufacturer, taking into account the idle speed. In practice, the disc spins a little slower..
Some home angle grinders, like the GL-125S, are equipped with a speed control. This option is worth choosing if you want to adjust the speed yourself..
What is an angle grinder
angle grinder is the popular name for an angle grinder (angle grinder). It can be used to cut materials (metal, brick and stone, wood), grind and clean surfaces.
It is named angular due to the fact that the axes of the motor and the grinding disk are placed at an angle of 90 ° in relation to each other. This is realized thanks to the gear train. This arrangement is the main difference between the device and straight grinders, where the wheel is on the same axis with the engine..
Similar in structure to mains tools, with the exception of the large battery compartment. As a rule, it is located at the end of the handle.
The cordless angle grinder is especially handy where there is no mains supply. Such a tool is useful for outdoor work..
The device can be selected for handling materials in buildings that are not connected to electricity or have few outlets. In addition, due to the fact that the user does not interfere with the wires, the device is convenient when you need to work under the ceiling.
In addition to the obvious advantages over models that are powered from the mains, such an angle grinder is somewhat inferior to them. Firstly, they are more expensive, and secondly, the operating time of the device is limited by the battery capacity. In addition, devices are usually only compatible with small diameter discs..
Devices that run on gasoline are large in size, since the design, in addition to the engine, is also equipped with a fuel tank. To hold such a massive device, manufacturers supplement the tool with a frame-handle, an additional handle. This type of angle grinder, like the previous one, makes it possible to cut concrete, stone in places where power is not supplied.
Note: To cut hard material, you need a special circle.
Why are they good:
- Impressive power figures.
- The ability to install large drives.
- High productivity: cutting large structures takes less time.
- The possibility of refueling allows you to work for a long time.
- Often supplied with a stand, which makes it possible to use the device as a cutting machine.
- additional fuel costs;
- loud noise;
- harm to the environment;
- work will have to be stopped from time to time to cool the engine.
The level of comfort when working with a tool does not only depend on its weight. The handle also plays an important role. The main handle on large models should be finger-protected: strong recoil, sliding – this will not happen.
For small models, it is important that the handle is covered with rubber and also slightly widened at the end. Thanks to this, the device will not slip out of your hands..
The additional handle is a very good thing: it reduces vibrations, makes it possible to grip the tool more firmly. And if it also knows how to turn in several positions, it is even better: this allows you to change the point where it is attached, and makes it possible to approach the treated surface from any comfortable side.
Networked are some of the most popular power tool options. In this case, the angle grinder is powered by a socket..
- variety in terms of dimensions, capacities allows you to supply abrasive wheels of all sizes;
- low, in comparison with other types of angle grinder, price;
- lighter than other models, weight;
- many attachments for different jobs.
- if the electricity is turned off, it will not work;
- the user’s movement is limited by the length of the wire;
- failures with voltage drops.
To change a worn circle, you must first fix the spindle, and then unscrew the nut with a wrench.
If the nozzle rarely changes, you can do with the standard method described above. But if the work is different and it often needs to be replaced, then buying a device with an SDS nut, which is unclenched without an additional tool: replacing a disc takes a few seconds.