Boat electric motor from an electric screwdriver with his own hands. Electric boat motor with my own hands from an electric screwdriver
Canon ix cartridges, ip nuances when assembling an electric bike. Hello everyone, in this video I decided to tell a little about the nuances of assembling an electric bike by myself, so I did not order another.
a boat with a motor from an electric screwdriver
This video was recorded when I was still at home, now, my work is related to electric bikes, so after a while I think I will be able to tell in more detail about all the nuances. And I didn’t say in the video, but don’t forget the dropout reinforcements, and if you don’t have them, check the motorwheel axle bolt tightening more often. Soldering the battery for the electric bike. Hello all, I finally soldered the battery for my e-bike, though the balancer in the video is not yet connected, but if you do it, connect it at once, because despite the fact that I tried to watch the voltage, one parallel battery still shrunk below the allowable. Battery range of video km without pedaling, it is possible to go more, but it would be quite boring.
And if you still have doubts about it, then please join us! Interesting and useful articles every day will help you learn to understand your body, and thus make the first steps towards happiness! Psychology and beyond. Here is a video of the test of such a remodel. As you can see. a homemade boat motor from a gasoline mower does its job perfectly. You can use and electric grass trimmer for mowing grass, but it will be more rework, there is an electric motor for Volts and will have to put the board converts 12 volts from the battery into Such a board can be taken from an old UPS from a computer.
So, you have a drill, so you can begin to make an electric motor for the boat. For this project you will need:. First you have to think of a mechanism that allows you to lift the impeller above the water. The simplest solution is to weld a metal tube to the clamps, on which the base is hinged, which is a frame of a truncated quadrilateral pyramid, directed by the smaller base to the water. In the upper part of the base the larger base of the pyramid is secured to the bed for the bearing, a tube is welded to the lower part of the base. Through the tube and through the bearing the shaft is passed. It can even be a wire of large diameter, but its mass will be quite large, which is not desirable. It is better to use a tube of a smaller diameter.
The second argument in favor of the tube is that it can be provided with bearings at the top and bottom of the outer tube. There will be less friction and the vibration of the shaft in the tube body will be practically eliminated. Gearboxes must be mounted on both ends of the shaft. Dedicated craftsmen recommend to make a reducer by your own hands for a particular type of motor to make the number of revolutions optimal.
How to make a boat motor with your own hands from a grass trimmer or an electric screwdriver
To do this would be quite difficult and too long. You can use the gearbox from a used piece of equipment or buy it on the market.
Only one condition must be met when choosing a gearbox: ideally the gearbox should reduce the number of revolutions of the drill by a factor of 5. A boat motor with their own hands. Curtain hard floor for inflatable boat with his own hands our version. Outboard engine Bumblebee 3. See for yourself. it has practically everything you need: an internal combustion engine, a rod with a torsion shaft and an angular reducer. As we all know, the Russians like to invent the boat-motor in the video I decided to check if the electric screwdriver can perform the role of a boat motor. Propeller. VAZ heater fan The simplest design will be a system of clamps, to which the motor is mounted.
It is rigidly attached to the transom with a steel frame and plate. The screwdrivers are equipped with rings through which the tube will pass. A shaft made of steel wire or rod will run inside. To ensure easy sliding inside the tube, suitable sized bearings are pressed.
How to construct a homemade electric boat motor from a drill?
The electric screwdriver is capable of generating high rpm, which is required when drilling. Self-made electric motor for a boat does not need such large revolutions, so a reducer is installed to reduce them. Electric boat motor T propeller for electric screwdriver Boat motor from an electric screwdriver. Boat electric motor from an electric bike with their own hands. Super electric motor for a boat with their own hands.
Electric screwdriver electric motor for a boat homemade
Then a hole with a diameter of 12 mm is made in the body of the resulting clamp. The hole must be in the transverse plane of the propeller clamp. It is necessary to cut a piece of metal stud with a diameter of 12 mm. On one side this section of the stud is slightly flattened and a 6 mm diameter hole is made in it. Bolt should be tightened with a self-locking nut.
Making an electric boat motor with your own hands
The process of installing the motor to the boat is as follows: The motor can be started and operated by holding the boat motor hull steady and tilting it in the opposite direction of the boat turn if necessary. Using the reducer for a boat motor makes it possible to change the direction of axial rotation. The reducer changes several times the speed of rotation of the shaft, which has a positive effect on the working life of the engine. When equipping the gearbox of the boat motor it is necessary to adhere to the golden mean and not to install a device with a high transmission ratio. Failure to follow this rule leads to excessive fuel consumption, low boat speed and engine overheating.
Self-Made Outboard Boat Motor
The safest way to install the right gear ratio for a given motor is to try out several different gears. If during operation you will not feel the excessive load, which is manifested by the inability to quickly gain high revolutions and the speed of the watercraft will be quite high, then this gear ratio can be considered as optimal for this engine. Electric motors can be used as thrust for boats without a gearbox. Tractive power of such devices is enough to work steadily in direct torque transmission to the propeller. Inside there will be a shaft made of steel wire or rod. Suitable bearings are pressed inside the tube to ensure easy sliding. An electric screwdriver is able to develop high revolutions, which is required for drilling. Homemade electric motor for a boat does not need such high revolutions, so a reducer is installed to reduce them. The most suitable option is the connection of the reducer from an angle grinder. In the chuck of an electric screwdriver is enough to clamp the upper part of the shaft to ensure a secure connection. The role of a propeller can play the impeller from a car pump or computer cooler. But such an electric motor, made by your own hands, will not be able to provide the necessary speed to the boat. The propeller can be made from a piece of stainless steel 2.0 mm thick. The advantage of gasoline trimmers is a low price and repairability. Do not use eighteen-volt batteries. They are hard to find and expensive. The best choice will be a drill that operates at ten or twelve volts.
Such a battery is relatively cheaper, and, most importantly, it is much easier to find on sale. After choosing the optimal equipment, you can collect materials. In order to create an engine, it is necessary to get a battery in advance:. After all the elements are assembled, you can begin to create a boat electric motor with your own hands. The entire procedure consists of several stages.
Making a homemade electric motor for a boat
The work should begin with creating a lifting mechanism for the impeller. In order for the future device to work properly, it is advisable to carefully follow the instructions given below. As previously mentioned, it is necessary to start making an electric motor with your own hands with the creation of a lifting mechanism for the impeller. It will allow you to lift this element over the water. To create it, a tube of metal should be welded to the pre-prepared clamps. On this tube, you must first attach the base frame, which has the form of a pyramid, directed by the smaller base in the direction of the water. On the large base, the frame is fixed, with another tube welded to the lower edge. On the bed the bearing is installed. Through this and the tube welded at the bottom, it is necessary to pass the shaft. Once all the action is complete, you can move on to the next step. The next step is to install the gearbox and propellers. As you can see. Homemade outboard boat motor is a fairly simple thing, which you can make yourself. On this topic it is only necessary to add, that at long exploitation it is necessary to equip the screw with a protection and a heel, the last will help to keep the screw at stony bottom, and the protection. will not allow to chop a screw of a floating on the surface debris. All by himself and with his own hands Stas Комментарии и мнения владельцев: Riding on a motor from bezokosa. Norm kicks on the inflatable! But it sounds like a tractor. This motor is suitable for a lightweight boat with two passengers. It runs smoothly and quietly, it is easy to operate and transport. If you do not have big demands on the motor. you can safely start assembling it with your own hands. Home Boats Motors How to assemble a boat electric motor with your own hands. How to assemble an electric boat motor with your own hands.
1 List of materials and tools for work 2 Mechanism for lifting the impeller above the water. Reviews and descriptions of electric motors for PVC boats. Making water jets for fishing boats with their own hands. The blades are slightly turned to create the necessary flow. Like any design solution, the design of the motor will need refinement, and the finished motor will require some skills, so you will have to undergo a little training. Any container with water in which you can immerse the propeller will do for the test sample. After turning the machine on you should feel a steady stream of water from the submerged propeller. The propeller is reworked to achieve the greatest effect.
Control of the motor is adjusted depending on the owner’s desire, most often the button is transferred to a remote handle, providing an increase in leverage. At the same time you should get used to the speed control of the motor. When designing the motor, it is useful to measure the voltage at load and idle speed with an electric meter. If the declared engine power corresponds to the power consumption calculated according to the formula: It is possible to influence the engine power by correct selection of the propeller impeller, in any case a successfully selected impeller will allow to reduce significantly the engine heat. In the construction of boat motors are often used electric motors from cars, such as motors from a windshield wiper or cooling radiator. Such electric motors are standard 12 volts, ideal for the use of a car battery. The motor for the windshield washer is largely suitable for the construction of a boat motor.
What are self-made motors for boats made of?
Many fishermen have in the closet or garage a faulty electric or gasoline equipment. If the motor in it is serviceable, then you can modify such a device for the existing boat. In some cases it is even cheaper to buy a new electric screwdriver or lawn mower and modify the device than to buy a boat motor. It is the financial issue that pushes numerous “left-handed” and “do-it-yourselfers” to unique designs.
- To make a homemade electric boat motor, you will need a cordless drill or electric screwdriver. In this case, the angler will have to solve the following problems.
- Unfortunately, the capacity of the regular battery will not be enough for carefree sailing, so you will have to take on board a car battery 12V. Accordingly, the appliance must also be operated with the same voltage. As for power, then with a light rubber boat will cope electric device, giving more than 300 watts.
- The rotation speed of an electric screwdriver is quite large, so it is necessary to install a step-down reducer.
- You also need to buy or make your own drive shaft and propeller.
A homemade electric boat motor will work quietly, which is very important for good fishing. In addition, replacing a failed electric motor will be cheaper than repairing the boat engine.
- Significantly increase the catching zone allows gasoline engines made for the boat with their own hands. These may be power units from chainsaws, chainsaws, tillers, etc. д. The choice of installation depends on the size and design of the vessel, as well as which of the devices are available.
- Grass trimmers require the least amount of modifications. They are as if designed for mounting on a fishing boat. It’s enough only to put a propeller instead of a reel with a fishing line and already a boat motor from grass trimmer can be tested on a nearby body of water.
- Engines from a chainsaw, motorcycle or motorblock will require more intervention of skilled hands. Need an angle gearbox from an angle grinder, a shaft and a propeller.
This is interesting! Some fishermen minimally modify the power tiller, installing homemade blades instead of cutters.
All self-made motors for boats require a special attachment to the boat. It is one thing when the boat has a transom, to which you need to attach the engine. It is somewhat more difficult to fix the power unit on an ordinary rubber band with inflatable sides on the perimeter.
Making an engine from an electric screwdriver
Good homemade motors for boats are obtained on the basis of cordless screwdrivers. It looks optimal to use a device, which has a battery voltage of 12 V. It will be possible to connect a car battery with a capacity of 45-55 Ah to such an electric motor. Retrofitting will consist of several steps.
The propeller of the electric motor for a boat, made by your own hands, should not only move horizontally, but have a certain immersion limit and lift completely out of the water. The simplest design will be a system of clamps, to which the motor is mounted. It is rigidly attached to the transom with a steel frame and a plate. The clamps are equipped with rings, through which the tube will pass. There will be a shaft of steel wire or rod inside. Appropriately sized bearings are pressed inside the tube to ensure easy sliding.
Gear and propeller
An electric screwdriver is able to develop high revolutions, which is required for drilling. Homemade electric motor for a boat does not need such high revolutions, so a reducer is installed to reduce them. The most suitable option is to attach the gear from an angle grinder. In the chuck of an electric screwdriver is enough to clamp the top of the shaft to ensure a reliable connection.
The role of a propeller can play the impeller from a car pump or computer cooler. But such an electric motor, made by your own hands, will not be able to provide the necessary speed to the boat. The propeller can be made from a piece of stainless steel 2.5-3.0 mm thick.
- To begin with, it is necessary to cut a square billet of 30×30 cm.
- In the center, a square with a side length of 5 cm is marked. Diagonal lines are drawn through the corners. Along these will pass the kerf to a small square.
- Each petal should be rounded and rotated along the axis by 30 degrees.
- In the central part there is a hole for attaching it to the gearbox.
- It remains to connect everything securely and test the resulting boat motor with your own hands.
Making a motor from an electric screwdriver
Good homemade motors for boats are obtained on the basis of cordless screwdrivers. Optimal looks the use of the device, which has a battery voltage of 12 V. You can connect a car battery with a capacity of 45-55 Ah to such an electric motor. Refinement will consist of several steps.
The propeller of the electric motor for the boat, made by his own hands, must move not only in the horizontal plane, but have a certain immersion limit and rise completely out of the water. The simplest design would be a clamping system, to which the motor is mounted. It is rigidly attached to the transom with a steel frame and plate. Screwdrivers are equipped with rings, through which the tube will pass. There will be a shaft of steel wire or rod running inside. To ensure easy sliding, suitable bearings are pressed inside the tube.
Gearbox and propeller
the electric screwdriver is capable of high rpm, which is required for drilling. Homemade electric motor for boat does not need such high speed, so in order to reduce it, you can install a gearbox. The most suitable option is to attach a gearbox from an angle grinder. In the chuck of an electric screwdriver is enough to clamp the upper part of the shaft to ensure a reliable connection.
The role of a propeller can play the impeller from a car pump or computer cooler. But such an electric motor, made by your own hands, can not provide the necessary speed to the boat. The propeller can be made from a piece of stainless steel 2.5-3.0 mm thick.
- First you need to cut a square billet 30×30 cm in size.
- In the center, a square with a side length of 5 cm is marked. Diagonal lines are drawn through the corners. Along these will be cut to a small square.
- Each petal should be rounded and rotated along the axis by 30 degrees.
- In the central part there is a hole for attaching to the gearbox.
- It remains to connect everything securely and test the resulting boat electric motor with your own hands.
Lawn trimmer modification
Boat motor from a grass trimmer requires a little modification to get a working “horse” for the watercraft. The advantage of gasoline trimmers is a small price and repairability. Homemade motors for boats on the basis of the lawnmower have a built-in tank, shaft and gearbox. You can look for a special conversion kit, which will have a propeller and drive from stainless steel, as well as a set of adapters to the trimmer shaft for grass. Often there are kits with a clamp for mounting on the transom, so there will be no problems with the attachment to the boat. If to act according to the enclosed instruction, it is possible to make a boat motor from a lawnmower in 20-30 minutes.
skills will be needed from the fisherman, if he decided to radically change the design of the grass trimmer. In this case there is a huge scope for imagination and ingenuity. One of the variants involves making a vertical leg.
- To rotate the shaft 90 degrees with respect to the motor, you will need a gearbox from an angle grinder.
- The existing tube from the grass trimmer must be shortened with a cutting machine. It is better to replace the bushings inside with bearings.
Recommendation! To fix the bearings inside the tube, you must carefully press around the tube with a hammer.
- A simple propeller can be made from a 10×30 cm duraly strip 2 mm thick. Having attached the template with a two-bladed propeller to the workpiece, you need to make a marking. You can cut the screw with an angle grinder and a chisel. Edges need to be filed. Putting the plate on a flat surface, bend both blades to a height of 1 cm.
Advice! Any necessary adjustments may be made during the test. At low speeds the blade is trimmed or the pitch of the propeller is changed.
- In the center, a hole is drilled for connection to the shaft. So that during rotation the blade does not catch the cylinder of the watercraft, it is better to make a ring nozzle. The boat motor based on the trimmer for grass is ready, you can go to the pond.
Some products will be suitable, even faulty, but on one condition that their motor is working. Even if you buy a new gasoline mower or an electric screwdriver, it will turn out to be much cheaper than a new boat motor, the only thing left is to modify the product a little. The financial issue turns out to be the main issue when solving this problem, otherwise every boat would already have a motor.
- You will have to purchase an electric screwdriver or a battery-powered electric drill to make an electric boat motor. Perhaps someone has a damaged electric screwdriver or drill lying around in a shed or garage. an electric screwdriver is preferable because its output speed is not as high.
- Naturally, the batteries installed on the appliances are not powerful enough to travel on the pond for a long time. In this case, the car battery is suitable for 12 V. Naturally you need to buy appliances for the same working voltage. Power of 300 W electric device is enough to move the boat in the pond with the load.
- It is also necessary to solve the problem of reducing the speed of the electric appliance. In that case you need a reducer. This is especially true when using an electric drill.
- You will also need to make or buy a drive shaft and propeller. The advantage of the boat motor is that it is very quiet. In addition, the repair of such a motor will be much cheaper than the repair of a classic boat motor.
- Gasoline engines are much more powerful, so they can significantly increase the catching area. their power doesn’t drop like that of an electric motor, and the battery pack has a lot of weight and takes up useful space. You can use power units from brushcutters, tillers, chainsaws, etc. д. You should choose according to your finances, the size of your boat, and what kind of gear you have.
- Grass trimmers are best suited for such purposes, as they require minimal modifications. It is enough to replace the device where the line for the trimmer is attached and install a propeller, as the motor is ready and can be used.
- Other power devices require more serious modifications, because a gearbox, a shaft and a propeller will be needed. And you have to connect them together.
The task of the lifting mechanism is to move the motor in different planes, both horizontal and vertical, in order not only to manage the watercraft, but also to be able to lift the motor out of the water. The simplest design is a system of clamps, which fasten the electric screwdriver to the lifting mechanism. The lifting mechanism must be rigidly attached to the boat, especially if the boat is rubber. There should be rings on the screws, through which the tube passes, and inside the tube there is a shaft of a steel rod of suitable diameter. To make it glide easily, bearings are installed inside the tube.
The electric screwdriver has a high rotation speed, but the homemade electric motor for a boat doesn’t need it, so you need a gearbox. Gearbox from an angle grinder is the most suitable option. To attach the gearbox, the top of its shaft is simply clamped in the chuck of the electric screwdriver.
You also need a propeller, which is better to make of stainless steel, 2.5-3.0 mm thick. You should not use aluminum or plastic.
MOTOR TO AN INFLATABLE BOAT
For the basis of the motor is taken an electric screwdriver “Leader”. Glands (2 pcs.) Are taken from the “Audi”: took a piece of tube, that would fit into it seals, removed the chuck and milled a single piece of iron for the inner size of glands and screws. Screw homemade 280×70 mm, bent in a vise and drilled more or less by eye, as well as the flange at the same time with the screw. When a flange with glands on the axle, wrap any strip of cloth and impregnate with any paint in several layers. Sleeves on the “leg”. silentblocks from “VAZ 2121”, inner tubes. I had only electric welding at hand, that’s why everything is welded. The second screw was made by gas-welding from sheet iron s 0,5 mm, the hub was bent on a pipe, and the blades were soldered with bronze.
The first screw and very successful, though not very smooth. One battery lasts for 5-7 minutes of continuous work. Motor ran through the entire 2013 summer season.
Noticed an error? Highlight it and press CtrlEnter to tell us.
Electric boat motor for a boat with their own hands: features of the construction and assembly of the motor from a hand drill
An electric boat motor with your own hands can be assembled even on the basis of a drill. Such a motor for a boat has long been developed by folk craftsmen and is in demand. Many fishermen have already tried out such an electric motor, using all kinds of constructive solutions for its manufacture. It is worth noting that there is a trend in terms of increasing the assembly of electric motors for boats with their own hands on the basis of a drill, since the factory electric motor is not affordable to every fisherman.
Today we will tell you how to make your own hands an electric motor from a drill for your boat and what it will take.
Advantages and technical features of a homemade electric motor for a boat on the basis of a drill
The advantages of such a motor will be as follows:
- Savings on factory expensive boat motor;
- Environmental legislation provides regulations in terms of the use of factory electric motors for boats. This does not apply to products made by their own hands;
- Almost noiseless operation of the electric motor;
- saving compared to the use of the internal combustion engine.
- Before you start working on assembling the motor with your own hands, you need to choose a drill. The key parameter for choosing a particular model is its power, which should be at least 150 watts.
You should also take into account such a parameter as the voltage of the electric motor. Many people think that you should use a cordless drill for 10 volts, but this is wrong. The battery will eventually deteriorate and will have to be replaced, and that will be very expensive. It is better to take a drill, working from 12 volts, for which you can easily find the right battery, which is easily connected by wires and easily placed in the boat.
List of materials and tools for work
When you have chosen the right drill, you should prepare the rest of the tools needed for further work:
- a pipe with a square cross-section;
- The shaft of the clamps should be passed through the tube and the bearing;
- metal tube with a diameter of 20 or more;
- rod for the shaft;
- metal sheet for the impeller;
- welding machine;
- self-tapping screws;
- angle grinder;
- electric screwdriver.
Mechanism for lifting the impeller above the water
To create a mechanism for lifting the impeller in the boat, a metal tube should be welded to the clamps. A base in the form of a truncated pyramid frame, with its smaller base pointing toward the water, must be attached to this pipe. At the top of the base is the bed for the bearing, and at the bottom a tube is welded. The shaft should be passed through the tube and the bearing.
It is used as a wire or tube, the diameter should be smaller so that it is not heavy. The best is a tube:
Gearboxes and propeller: installation and fabrication technique
Gears must be installed on both sides of the shaft. They are advised to install with their own hands, depending on the type of the electric motor itself, in order to properly select the number of optimum revolutions, but it is very difficult and time-consuming.
You can take the gear reducer from an old appliance or buy a new one in a store. The main condition for it is that the gear ratio should not be large, preferably it should be able to reduce the number of revolutions by a factor of five. Some experts believe that this is not enough and will not be enough for the boat to develop a normal speed, but this is not the case at all.
The lower part of the tube is equipped with a gearbox from an old angle grinder and added impeller. The propeller can be taken ready-made from old devices, for example, it can serve as an old cooler from a computer, but this impeller will not be able to provide water flow for the rapid movement of the boat.
And with your own hands it can be made on the basis of sheets of metal, this is done as follows:
- Cut out from a sheet of tin a square with a side of 30 cm and drill in it 4 holes from the center of each side to the point of diagonal intersection;
- The distance between the slots should remain 5 cm;
- the edges of the “petals” must be rounded and each blade must be rotated 30 degrees from the axis;
- If using a gearbox from an angle grinder, make a hole in the central part and secure it to the shaft with a locking nut;
- connect the upper gearbox to the drill. It will be excellent if the gearbox shaft can be clamped in its head. Then the shaft can be clamped and the drill can be secured to the base with clamps.
If the design does not match the size of the drill, a tube is used to connect the gearbox and electric motor, which is put on the shaft of the gearbox. To prevent the shaft from rotating inside, you need to fix it: make a through hole through the tube and fix it with a stud.
So, our electric boat motor is almost ready to work, all that is left is to test it. It is not necessary to immediately put it on the boat and turn it on. First, the impeller is lowered into any container filled with water, and then the motor itself is turned on. You have to feel the flow with your hands and check its work, switching different modes. If you feel the movement, you can put the motor, made by your own hands on the boat and apply already in the pond. During the test drive, the motor must operate in normal mode and produce the necessary noise level.
However, such a design of a homemade electric motor for a boat has the following disadvantages:
- The motor can not be rotated relative to the vertical axis, so you will have to use oars when steering the boat, and when fishing it is inconvenient;
- Homemade boat motor does not have a convenient control system.
Gearbox and its influence on the motor operation
It’s worth adding that a properly chosen gearbox for a boat motor is one of the key conditions for its reliable operation and longevity. It is also not superfluous to calculate as accurately as possible all the necessary calculations. It will not be easy to do it yourself, so this type of work can also be entrusted to a specialist, even if you make the motor with your own hands. If you do not have the opportunity to consult an expert, then carefully study all the technical publications on gearboxes.
Materials and tools
When selecting equipment, you need to pay attention to two things: power and voltage. These parameters are fundamental, and the quality of the finished electric motor depends on them. The power depends on the selected drill (this tool is taken as the basis in this case), so it is necessary to pick up this equipment first.
When selecting a drill, it is necessary to focus on its power. This figure should exceed one hundred and fifty watts. It is not advisable to take a tool with lower specifications. In this case, the finished device will not work effectively in moving water (that is, to swim with such a unit on the river will not work). It is best to use a cordless torch.
The engine is equipped with a reverser and has several operating modes. This circumstance is important for the motor that will propel the watercraft, because it will allow future control over the speed of the electric motor.
The second important parameter. the voltage. Eighteen-volt batteries should not be used. They are difficult to find and expensive. The best choice will be a drill that operates at ten or twelve volts. Such a battery is relatively cheaper and, most importantly, much easier to find on sale.
After choosing the best equipment, you can assemble the materials. In order to create a motor, it is necessary to acquire them beforehand:
- An electric drill that will function as a motor.
- Clamps, with which the drill will be attached.
- Gearbox. You can use an element from an angle grinder if you intend to install the motor on the boat transom.
- Round tubes with a diameter of twenty millimeters.
- Profiled pipes (2020 millimeters).
- With a round metal bar. It will be used to create the shaft of the electric motor.
- The sheet metal from which the screws will be made.
You will also need some tools:
- scissors for cutting metal;
- welding machine;
- angle grinder;
- electric drill with a set of drill bits;
- Self-tapping screws with an electric screwdriver, if wood will be used to build the motor.
Once all the elements are assembled, you can begin to create an electric boat motor with your own hands. The whole procedure consists of several steps. Start by creating a lifting mechanism for the impeller. In order for the future device to work properly, it is recommended to carefully follow the instructions provided below.
Fasteners to mount it to the boat
The place of attachment of the boat motor is called the transom. This part must be sturdy and reliable. To properly design the part, carefully study the specifications of the boat and motor, because the transom creates an additional load. The transom for an inflatable boat consists of:
The edges of the waterproof plywood are treated with sandpaper. Use hinges for the metal clamps on the plate. Fixing arcs bend with a machine, you can do it manually. You can buy them in a store or make them out of plastic.
Fasteners for mounting on the boat
The place for mounting the outboard motor is called the transom. This detail must be strong and secure. To properly design the part, carefully study the specifications of the boat and motor, as the transom creates additional load. A transom for an inflatable boat consists of:
Edges of waterproof plywood are treated with emery paper. Hinges for the metal brackets are installed on the plate. The fastening arcs are bent with a machine, you can do it by hand. Eyebolts are made of plastic or can be purchased in a store.
Making the fastener and installing it on the boat
Homemade motors for boats require a special attachment. The way it is made is as follows.
To safely install the boat motor from the brushcutter you need to use a ring to which the belt is mounted. To connect the grass scythe to the transom you can use an old hand meat grinder. The lower part is cut out of it, a 12 mm thick hole is drilled in the transverse plane of the hull. It is important to carry out some fine-tuning with a stud 12 mm in diameter and 10 cm long. One side is flattened and a 6 mm hole is drilled in it. A bolt M6 is inserted, then a lawnmower’s ear is put on and a nut is screwed on.
Installation of the homemade unit on the boat is made in the following order.
- On the transom of the boat is mounted homemade mount with a stud and the appropriate nut.
- The engine is now installed and secured with a threaded connection. It remains to check how it rotates on the boat in different directions.
Homemade motors for boats. it is not only an opportunity to increase the speed of your watercraft. The manufacturing process will allow you to turn the brain to full speed, which may result in another folk invention.
Boat motor from an electric screwdriver
As you can see it is assembled from very simple parts. studs, planks, bracing, the only little sparse detail is an angular reducer to change the vertical rotation from an electric screwdriver
Look at the video of testing such a boat engine.
Certainly the speed is less than that of a boat motor from a gasoline trimmer, but it is several orders of magnitude cheaper to run an electric motor.
First. you can connect a small 12 volt battery from a motorcycle, it will give you a reserve of energy for 6-8 hours of motor.
Secondly, it is spent on battery charging, but how much gas a sports car with the same speed characteristics will consume?
Recover electric screwdriver battery Video
The handy owner, best of all, is aware of how comfortable and efficient in the process of application of self-contained hand-held power tools. A professional builder who does most of the construction work can’t do without a screwdriver. Still, the battery, though of any type, after a certain time loses its own energy potential. Buying a new battery is an expensive pleasure. Who said, 
Battery replacement in an electric screwdriver battery
Electric Screwdriver Battery Repair. Diagnostics and component replacement All machines break down all the time. It often happens to screwdrivers, too. No one will want to take an ordinary screwdriver when they evaluated the advantages of this type of devices. Batteries are in disrepair. It’s not a good idea to rush to throw away a faulty battery. Repairing electric screwdriver batteries is not difficult if you follow the instructions given