Checking the fuel mixture
Before starting the engine of the gasoline streamer, check the presence and quality of the fuel mixture. Do not save, do not be greedy and do not be clever in this matter. Repair or replacement of the piston group will cost you too much (sometimes up to 70% of the cost of a new tool). Prepare the oil-fuel mixture strictly according to the instructions. Calculate its amount based on real needs. Excess gasoline left over after work loses its quality over time.
How to start diagnosing lawn mowers
If the lawn mower does not start or immediately stalls after starting, it is necessary to sequentially check all the main components and assemblies. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Exhaust channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be eliminated after a thorough inspection.
Filter diagnostics for lawn mowers
Another reason why the gasoline scythe stalls is the air filter. To eliminate it, try removing the filter and starting the trimmer without it. If it works out, then you will have to change the air filter to a new one, or at least blow through and thoroughly clean the old one.
The petrol trimmer may not start if the fuel filter is dirty. This is the next step in our algorithm. Here we check the condition of the filter element and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. When replacing, try not to leave the suction inlet without a filter at all, this is prohibited by any operating instructions. Haste can turn into repair of the engine piston group.
Lawn Mower Stihl Fs 38 Will Not Start
If you are often faced with the need to mow grass in this area, then modern devices are used specifically for this purpose in the manner of trimmers or lawn mowers. Among other solutions on the modern market, lawn mowers are presented, with the help of which, of course, maintain the surrounding area in a tidy condition.
For one book, one of the fundamental advantages of a lawn mower is that it is not tied to a power source, observing the principle of electronic units. However, such equipment can be used even on uneven areas and in inaccessible places, this should include areas under bushes.
The device of the Stihl FS 55 lawn mowers is understandable for you if you intend to operate the equipment, let alone repair it. The gasoline engine in this unit is almost the same as in the chainsaw. But the tire is the latter fixed to the motor reducer by a long tubular rod. Inside there is a shaft that transmits torque from the motor to the working tool. This design is suspended from a strap that is thrown over the shoulder. This allows you to hold the tool on the weight, which is fundamentally with the sensitive weight of the chainsaw.
A handle is fixed to the bar of the unit, with the help of it, of course, move the end of the bar with the working equipment. lawn mower “Stihl FS 55″, the annotation for repairs which it is engaged in is presented in the text of the article, not familiar to a person has a protective shield in the form of a casing, which excludes injuries during operation. The tool itself is a round drum with thick line coming out of the holes on both sides. When the drum spins, the line is pulled by centrifugal force and hits the grass, chopping it.
lawnmower “Stihl FS 55”, the technical properties of the busy will be presented for you below, has a wear nylon line. It is renewed at times by the way of unwinding the reel, which is inside the drum.
We carry out diagnostics of a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the lawn mower stalls when started, then a flooded spark plug may be the cause. Here, for repairs, an ordinary candle wrench is suitable (every motorist probably has) and a spare candle.
- We unscrew the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (it is not necessary to ignite it);
- We drain the excess fuel in the chamber through the spark plug hole and dry it;
- We clean the old candle from carbon deposits using a file or a lady’s file;
- We set a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- We put everything back in place and try to start the trimmer.
It is necessary to dry the canal for at least 30–40 minutes. Otherwise, there is a risk of re-filling and a new candle.
If the candle is working, the socket where it is located is completely dry, and the lawn mower does not want to start, lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly damp. No matter how wonderful a spark the candle gives out, there is simply nothing to light up in a dry chamber.
If the trimmer motor still does not start, you should exclude such a reason as the absence of a spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire. If the connection is of good quality, and there is still no spark, most likely, your ignition unit has “flown”. Here it will not be possible to do without a master, since the part is not repaired, but is sold as a single unit.
No Start? No Spark? How to fix your STIHL String Trimmer Weed Whacker
Stihl FS55 lawn mowers carburetor repair
The aforementioned equipment option costs 13,490 rubles. It is essentially a premium device. Thanks to its use, there is an option to care for the territory on a large suburban area. Young and ancient grass, reeds and weeds, as well as young shrub growth are amenable to equipment.
Customers also like the bike handle, which enhances handling. During operation, the arms will be widely spaced, therefore the unit is easier to operate. He is very manoeuvrable. Customers love that the handle and strap can be adjusted to suit the operator’s needs.
The tool can be easily configured for comfortable implementation. The controls are on one handle. You will not reach anywhere, everything is placed under the palm of your hand. The Stihl FS 55 lawn mower, according to consumers, is also comfortable in that it has a pair of protective covers, one where it is installed for the knife, while the other is for the fishing line. The casing for the latter has a narrowing at the bar.
Stihl fs 38 lawn mower will not start
The snow blower starts up and stalls. what is the reason for the breakdown?
If the snow blower starts and then immediately stalls, then the following malfunctions may be the cause of this common problem:
- fuel supply problem;
- lack of air supply in the amount required for normal engine operation;
- defective or flooded spark plug.
Do not forget that the engine for a snow blower needs fuel from the beginning of its start until it is turned off. Therefore, first of all, it is necessary to check the operation of the fuel system. To do this, you will need to remove the protective housing cover and carefully inspect the fuel filters and hoses. Each of the tubes must be intact, without cracks or small holes. In addition, the hoses must be securely fastened to the fittings. If at least one tube dangles, it will need to be attached, and the joint with the fitting should be treated with a thin layer of sealant.
If everything is in order with the fuel system, you will need to go on to inspect the air filter. The snow blower needs air not only to cool the engine, but also to prepare the fuel mixture. It can contain dust and small insects, which, over time, accumulate on the surface of the foam air filter. Because of this, it loses its air permeability properties. To fix this, the filter will need to be cleaned or replaced.
Often, the repair of snow removal equipment is associated with the elimination of a breakdown or a complete replacement of the spark plug. If the snowblower owner uses too much lubricant when changing the oil, it will start to fill the spark plug regularly. A wet candle will not be able to create the spark required to ignite the fuel. This will result in an arbitrary shutdown of the engine immediately after its start.
It must be remembered that the quality of the gasoline used for refueling largely affects the operation of the ICE of a snow blower. Fuel with harmful additives spoils the engine, so it stalls as soon as it starts. To prevent this, you need to use only high-quality gasoline purchased at proven gas stations for refueling equipment.
Why it won’t start, won’t start, won’t drive. do it yourself snow blower repair
Modern snow blowers are a fairly reliable technique that can withstand increased loads for quite a long time. However, they often lend themselves to improper operation, strong mechanical shock and trivial wear and tear of components, which leads to breakdown of important working units. The first thing to do in this case is to find the cause of the malfunction and try to fix it yourself.
How to start a snow blower. procedure for vehicles with electric and manual starter
Most of the breakdowns of snowplowing equipment are associated with its improper use. Snow blowers especially often fail as a result of an illiterate start. A number of important mechanisms that are responsible for the smooth start of the engine and other components of the machine suffer from this.
In order to prevent premature breakdown of equipment, you need to turn it on correctly. If the snow blower is equipped with only an electric starter, then it is required to start it in the following order:
- First, you need to move the snow blower fuel valve lever to the “On” or “On” position;
- Then it is necessary to fix the cap from the high-voltage wire on the top of the spark plug motionlessly;
- You will then need to move the throttle lever to the Closed or Choke position. To do this, you need to move it all the way to the right;
- Next, you need to move the trigger switch to the “On” or “Enabled” position. After that, it is necessary to press the pump several times for manual pumping of fuel;
- Then you need to press the starter button located on the snow blower body and hold it until the engine starts. It is not recommended to keep your finger on the button for more than 10 seconds. If the engine does not start, it is better to wait a few minutes and press the starter button again;
- Once the snow blower motor starts, you will need to move the throttle lever to the “Run” or “Open” position. After that, it is necessary to give the engine some time to warm up. After 5-7 minutes, you can start cleaning the snow.
To start a snow blower with a manual starter, proceed as follows:
- The first step is to check the amount of engine oil. Then you need to move the locking levers of the auger and wheels to the fully lowered position;
- Then you need to move the fuel feed lever to the “On” or “Enabled” position;
- Next, you need to motionlessly fix the cap of the high-voltage wire to the spark plug;
- After that, the throttle lever must be moved to the “Closed” or Choke position;
- The start switch will need to be moved to the “On” or “On” position;
- Then you need to press the manual fuel pumping button 3-5 times, and slowly pull the starter rope towards yourself until you feel resistance. After that, you need to pull out the cable with a sharp jerk so that the snow blower engine starts;
- After that, you will need to move the throttle lever to the “On” or “Open” position, and give the engine time to warm up.
All actions to start the snow blower motor must be performed in the exact order indicated in the algorithm. This will prevent an increase in the load on the engine and other working parts of the machine.
Snow blower won’t start. how to solve the problem?
To repair a snowblower in the event that its engine does not start, you need to determine the possible causes of the breakdown.
There may be several of them:
- gasoline remaining in the fuel tank. if in the spring, after the last snow removal from the fuel tank of the snow blower, all fuel residues were not drained, then after approximately 9 months of rest of the car, the fuel remaining in its tank will completely lose the properties required for engine operation. The octane number of gasoline will drop sharply and all useful additives will disappear from its composition. Such gasoline will not be able to start the engine of the snow blower, therefore, if the equipment does not start, the first thing to do is to inspect the fuel tank. The remaining fuel will need to be drained, and then refueled with fresh gasoline;
- throttle flap. when starting the snow blower, many people forget to move the throttle lever to the position required for operation. If, at the same time, the engine is started, it will operate under very high loads, not receiving the required air. Over time, this will lead to damage to the internal combustion engine. The only solution to this problem is to constantly monitor the position of the lever;
- poor quality engine oil. it is necessary for the constant lubrication of moving engine parts. Oil all the time lends itself to increased friction, due to which it loses its useful properties. The use of low-quality oil completely leads to the lack of starting the internal combustion engine. To prevent damage to the motor, you need to use only specialized oil that has all the necessary components and additives;
- problems with the ignition system. if the snow blower engine does not start, then this may be due to poor wiring contacts. It is possible that the wires broke due to a shock or began to melt as a result of a short circuit. Another reason is the wrong magneto coil clearance. Due to the incorrect position, the coil will not be able to deliver a spark, as a result of which the fuel will not ignite. You also need to check the ignition spark. it is possible that oil has filled it, as a result of which carbon deposits have formed on its top. Cleaning the candle or replacing it completely will help solve this problem;
- breakdown of the carburetor. this important unit of the snow blower is responsible for preparing and supplying fuel to the engine cylinder. If you regularly use low-quality fuel to refuel the car, this will lead to a malfunction of the carburetor. In this case, you will need to clean the mechanism from carbon deposits and dust. To do this, the carburetor must be disassembled and washed. Once it is dry, it will need to be reinstalled on the snow blower. Next, you need to adjust the carburetor. In this case, it is necessary to act strictly according to the algorithm specified in the operating instructions. If the carburetor has been set correctly, the snowplow engine will start almost immediately.
Do-it-yourself snow blower repair is often associated with the replacement of some engine parts. Most often, a cylinder-piston group is subject to it. During the operation of the snowplow, it lends itself to increased wear, chips and small scratches form on its inner surface. This causes the snow blower motor to stop starting. Complete replacement of the CPG will help to solve the problem.
Electric trimmer vibrates
Many mower users have noticed that some time after the start of the machine, it begins to vibrate strongly. On some trimmers, mainly in more expensive models, an anti-vibration system is installed in the form of shock absorbers located between the engine and the boom. But in some cases, even she does not save from strong vibration. The reason that a strong vibration appears in the trimmer may be a small amount or a complete absence of lubrication on a rigid or flexible shaft located inside the apparatus rod.
Rigid shaft lubrication is changed as follows:
- unscrew the gearbox located at the bottom of the rod;
- after removing the gearbox, you will see the end of the shaft, which must be pulled to remove the part;
- after removing the shaft, it must be abundantly lubricated with a special grease “Shrus-4” or the usual one. “Litol-24”;
- apply a small amount of grease to the shaft and spread it evenly along the entire length of the part, including the splines at the ends of the rod (if they work, the shaft will have to be replaced);
- after lubrication, insert the shaft back into the rod and put the gearbox in its original place.
The flexible shaft is lubricated as follows:
- unscrew and remove the mowing head;
- remove the rod from the electric motor by unscrewing a couple of bolts;
- pull the flexible cable out of the rod;
- lubricate the cable with grease along the entire length.
This is done like this: first you need to lubricate the end of the cable, and then insert it into the rod, after which, as it moves inside the pipe, you should apply lubricant to the part and distribute it evenly over the surface. Then insert the flexible shaft rod into the electric motor and secure it.
In the case when the lubrication did not help, and the vibration continues to appear, you will need to change the flexible shaft.
Breakage of petrol trimmers
Typical breakdowns of a gasoline trimmer, which the owners of this unit most often encounter, are as follows:
- engine breakdown;
- carburetor problems;
- fuel supply problems;
- muffler malfunction;
- breakdown of the gearbox;
- the starter has broken;
- air filter problems;
- gas tank breather clogged.
Why the petrol trimmer won’t start
The reasons why the petrol trimmer stopped starting may be different, so a step-by-step diagnosis of the device is required.
The main malfunctions of gasoline and electric trimmers
Lawn mowers and electric trimmers, apart from damage to the boom and mowing head, mostly occur in the area of the engine.
This filter removes possible contaminants from the fuel. If it is clogged, then gasoline does not enter the cylinder, and, accordingly, the unit does not work or stalls after starting. The fuel filter is located at the end of the intake hose, which is inside the fuel tank. To get to the filter, you need to remove the plug with the tubes coming out of it.
When removing the plug, the suction hose may come off and remain in the reservoir. It is removed with tweezers.
Next, remove the old fuel filter from the hose and put the new one purchased in advance on it. You can also clean your fuel filter if you don’t have a new one. The filter must be secured to the hose with a spring clip.
Place the intake tube on the plug and insert the latter into the tank.
It should be noted that in some trimmer models, the intake hose is not located on the plug, but inside the tank. You can remove it with tweezers or a hook bent from a wire.
Malfunctioning electrical trim tabs
Since the device of an electric mower is much simpler than a motor trimmer, there are few reasons for its failure.
It should be noted that it is better to entrust the elimination of some of them to a specialist.
Basically, the trimmer stops working normally in the following cases:
- malfunction of the electrical cable;
- the control button is faulty;
- burned out motor stator winding;
- breakage of contact connections on the engine.
Trimmer starts and dies. Quick fix.
Causes of breakdowns of gasoline and electric trimmers
The trimmer, both electric and with an internal combustion engine (ICE), is an indispensable tool in summer and autumn for owners of summer cottages and private houses. With its help weeds, small shrubs are easily removed and the lawn is trimmed. But, like any technique, trimmers fail at the most inopportune moment. To fix faults with his own hands, the user of this technique first needs to determine the reason for their appearance.
The reason that the trimmer has significantly lost power, and when trying to increase engine speed, it picks up slowly, is often a clogged exhaust channel through which exhaust gases come out of the combustion chamber.
It is necessary to remove the muffler so that no burns get into the cylinder. Next, clean the exhaust channel from carbon deposits.
This must be done very carefully, avoiding the ingress of carbon deposits into the combustion chamber.
After this procedure, the weak power of the unit and a slow increase in the speed of rotation of the mowing head will no longer upset you.
The round handle is good in tight spaces, between trees and bushes.
Shoulder strap / Carrying system
For ease of use, all Stihl lawn mowers and hedge trimmers are equipped with padded shoulder straps. They allow you to work longer, but at the same time retain more strength, and also provide more freedom of movement.
Manual fuel pump
To make starting easier, the Stihl fs38 trimmer is equipped with a primer. With its help, you can manually pump fuel into the carburetor, thereby reducing the number of starting jerks.
All engine control levers are now on the same handle. This makes it easier to operate the Stihl fs 38 lawn mowers, since all control is carried out with one hand
The Stihl fs 38 lawn mowers are started by pulling out the starter cord. Thanks to the ElastoStart system, starting occurs evenly, without jolts that put stress on the joints and arms. The special ElastoStart damping element in the handle significantly reduces these harmful effects.
Trimmer Stihl fs 38
Petrol trimmer Stihl 38. The smallest, most compact and most economical trimmer TM Stihl. This mowing trimmer can mow small areas of lawn, but the main application is mowing grass, after the main mowing, near walls, curbs or trees, where a conventional lawnmower cannot reach. Comes with a trimmer head with line and goggles as standard.