Types of hoes
The easiest way is to use a hoe or hoe to loosen the soil between the rows and push it under the bushes, creating mounds of soil. But it is much more convenient to form the ridges with a manual potato mower. Hanging such a device on a single axle tractor or electric cultivator, you can quickly work even quite large areas.
In specialized stores, a variety of models of okushniks are sold, each of them has its own principle of action. Choosing a tool for yourself, you need to consider the size of the cultivated area, and if there is a single-axle tractor or other unit. the brand and characteristics.
Depending on the principle of operation, hand hoes can be:
According to the device of the working element, the oculars are classified as follows:
Picture.1 and Fig.Picture 2 shows the hand trowel. These models are usually fitted with a single working element and comfortable handles (for two people to work together).
Fig. 1. Disc coulter Fig. 2. Adjustable angle plow
Pictured.3 shows a disc coupler mounted to a power tiller or mini-tractor. These discpliers can have one or more pairs of discs (or several plows) mounted on a special beam. The number of blades depends on the power of the machine.
Fig. 3. Single axle tractor with disc coupler and adjustable working width
What is the layout of the hand trowel?
The design of the planter depends on the type of device, of which there are several.
- Disc coulter. Even the name itself indicates that this tool is fitted with discs, or rather two discs that are arranged at a certain angle to one another. over, these discs are attached to a special frame that is directly coupled to the tiller via a hitch.
details about the disc coulter see
- Active planter. This kind of planter is also called a propeller, because it works in both progressive and rotary motion. This kind of spudger is used on tillers that have two forward gears.
- This is so that you can not only loosen the surface in second gear, but also transfer soil from between the rows.
- The Lister Rider. This is the simplest kind of power tiller, but has lost some of its popularity compared to the previous two types of machines. They are made up of two plates joined together, so they are shaped like wings.
With the help of these tools one can make furrows, and then to plant potatoes. Later, when the bushes are formed to the optimum size, you can perform hilling with the same tools.
In this way the rows are very straight and tidy, which not only improves visual perception, but also helps the potato tubers to form better and ripen faster in the bush.
Hiller for a power tiller Caiman, Patriot, Texas, Pro Arab, Crosser, VIKING, Forza, Sadko with their own hands, drawings and videos of the production of which can be found in the public domain, is the best way out of the situation where there is no extra money to buy mounted equipment.
over, an independent production of a technical device helps to save money on the future use of the tiller.
Tips for use
Even if the steps of making an ocular were observed and everything is done correctly, it is important to learn how to use it, adjust it correctly and sharpen the parts. After assembly, the machine is tested on the site
Quality will depend on soil conditions, climate and weather on the day of plowing.
- Pass the nozzle on the ground, set the angle of inclination of the elements and the depth of plunge. It must not exceed the total length of the product.
- The apparatus should not scatter the earth on the sides, worsen the appearance of the furrow.
It is forbidden to use equipment if animals and children are nearby. Not allowed to use the machine when it is inoperative or left unattended.
Making propeller hoe
It is worth considering how to assemble the active (propeller) perch.
Rear Power Tiller
You will need the following tools and materials for assembly:
- metal plate thickness of 2 mm;
- Metal welding machine (arc welding);
- angle grinder with additional discs;
- Consumables (bolts, nuts, etc.).д.);
- bearings and oil seals;
- the t-saddle and the rack.
Active or rotary riders are in great demand. They can be made as a single or double row.
Double-row rotary tiller has its own advantages: it helps to cultivate potatoes twice as fast.
Propeller attachments have a disadvantage: they are only suitable for power tillers with 3 speeds (2 front and 1 rear reverse).
The assembly method is the same as for the disc coulters. With a power tiller they are connected by means of brackets and a stand with a t-shaped leash. The distance between the paddle discs is chosen by the owner, adjusting to the size of his cultivator and the width of the rows.
Double-row riders are the same lister device, only instead of one “triangle” they attach two. To make them, you will need:
Use thicker metal sheets to make the base of the product itself. It must be heavier than the disc coulters themselves, i.e.к. It carries the main load and the heaviest part of the work.
Cultivators are made from a thin sheet of metal, bending the wings to the outside. In this case it is necessary to use a pipe of the necessary diameter.
In other respects, the attachment is the same in technology as the disc mowers.
Additional fenders can be mounted to the tool for better operation. They are attached to the base by a system of hinges on the provided rods.
Wing angles are adjustable, making even the toughest work easy.
Types of tillers for the power tiller
A single-axle tractor with an arrowhead is an indispensable thing on a plot of land, because it helps to process different types of crops, perform heavy agricultural work.
All attachments from the factory require a certain amount of expense. Farmers think about how to make an arrow for a power tiller with their own hands.
- The disc rocker for the power tiller consists of 2 discs facing each other at a slight angle. They are attached to a special frame, which is attached to the equipment itself through a hitch.
- Active planter (propeller, rotary, paddle, etc.).к. the principle of operation is based on translational and rotational motion). Suitable for work with three-speed units (2 front and 1 rear reverse). On the first speed the machine dips the crop, but on the second speed the device also discards soil from between the rows.
- The lister rocker on a single-axle tractor is two metal plates joined together in the shape of a triangle. It forms rows for planting potatoes. After the bushes have grown to a certain size (20-30 cm) they are mowed. straight rows are obtained during processing, which not only gives the site a neat appearance, but also allows potato tubers to develop and grow faster.
- A hedgehog mower for row spudding, which combines three functions. loosening, weeding and dodging. It also gets rid of weeds by pulling them out by the roots and loosens up the soil so that the potatoes can take in moisture and minerals. As an attachment, it is suitable for power tillers Neva, Kaskad, Oka, Salut, Patriot and others.
- Row spacing cultivator. is a multifunctional attachment designed for works on care of inter-row vegetation during cultivation of root crops (particularly potatoes). loosening, ploughing, weeding and forming ridges with height up to 60 cm. Also used in horticulture, strawberry and maize. This equipment has a significant weight and is designed for agricultural machinery with a capacity of not less than 24 liters.с. (mini-tractors). The Polish row out planter Wirax is very popular with farmers and often receives positive feedback. The manufacturer offers 3 different configurations: 3-row rocker with a working width of 1.5 m; 5-row rocker with a working width of 3 m; 7-row rocker with a working width of 4.5 m.
Hiller for power tiller: proper selection, self-made
Undoubtedly, the most popular food product is potato. Without this root-crops it is impossible to imagine the ration of modern man. Growing potatoes without mechanical aids is quite a difficult process. That’s why many farmers use tillers on their plots.
The perch for the power tiller itself can be different: single-row, double-row, disk. Each of these types has its own nuances in operation. In order to know how to properly mow potatoes with mechanical devices, it is necessary to get acquainted with the subtleties of each type of operation.
What kinds of riders are available?
You can buy garden bed mower tools at any farming equipment store. And you can make it with your own hands.
This type of mucker is often used for light types of soil. The furrows can be made after the preliminary loosening of the soil with the cultivator.
Before planting crops performs the cutting of a pair of furrows. In addition, it is used for loosening and hilling the soil. The device includes a frame on which two riders are attached at once. This feature saves a great deal of time during machining. A hitch can be attached to a single-axle tractor. But this kind of planter needs a lot of resistance to work. This is why it is often used in combination with tines.
These riders are powered by special propellers. They have the effect of primarily digging up the ground and removing weeds, and only then can proceed to loosen beds. This option is mainly used for front-drive tractors with a couple of speeds. This is because power goes up to nearly 200 rpm on the last speed.
At maximum speed, the plough can also be used to move soil from between the seedbeds into the furrows.
Instead of wheels, this tool has rotors with helical tines. In practice, this kind of hillock shows an impressive level of performance in furrowing, loosening the soil and potato hoeing. Can be used on a three-speed power tiller (two speeds and reverse). At the lowest speed, the tool perches the planting, and at the next speed, it tilts the soil from the space between the rows.
For soil treatment it is universal. The working part is the steel concave discs. Plunging into the soil for a given distance, they loosen it, thus forming a ridge. To make the use more effective, you need to install the discs at an angle vertically and relative to the direction of the equipment.
Making a disc mower for a power tiller with your own hands is described below. Drawings and dimensions along with a photo are attached to the description of how to make the tool.
Endowed with a fixed width of tillage. Often used on fairly weak power tillers with less than four horsepower. Can handle beds about 30 cm wide. Have a thin stand and a pair of side wings. The stand protects the tool itself from overloading and mechanical damage. This type of mower can only be used on dry soil. soil buildup will greatly interfere with the operation of the moving parts of the structure.
You can also encounter lister nozzles, on which you can control the width of cultivation. They are designed for more powerful power tillers. from four horsepower. Such a tool can also be used to work with moist soil.
To make this equipment, you need to follow clear rules and, if possible, use drawings. It will allow you to correctly and quickly install all the parts, so that you do not have to redo the work later. You can make your own models of the lister (classic) or disk type.
Creating a lister planter
This kind of mower for a power tiller is the traditional, non-adjustable device used most often. To create it you must draw or use the drawings that are ready, which will make the work very easy.
- We make the base from 3 mm thick sheet metal. It will meet the resistance of the earth, so it must be as strong as possible.
- Bracket is made from a steel strip with a width of 4 mm, the part should be hardened.
- The field board is created from metal 5 mm thick, it is hardened in several stages with a gas burner.
- The rack is made of 8 mm thick metal, as it is the element that bears the entire load.
- The wings for the field hoe are made of 2mm thick steel, they must be the same size as the chosen layout, because this is how they can be docked to the base.
- Then they are slightly bent and welded to the base.
If you need an adjustable okra, you need to fix the wings to the base with hinges, the bars for adjusting the angle are installed in the tail of the base.
It is also possible to make a double-row oscillator, thanks to which the speed of work will increase twofold. In this case it is necessary to add traction devices to the finished design, and the mountings should be made movable, which will allow you to adjust the width of the rows.
Making a disk hoe
Creating such a model, special attention is paid to the molding of disks. For them, spent cutters from a seeder or circular saws, which are mounted on the bearings with oil seals, will work well.
- The discs have to be set at an appropriate angle so that the distance between their lower points is respected. Also an important condition is their symmetry, otherwise the single axle tractor can lead slightly to different directions.
- All the elements should be connected by welding or bolts, the discs are connected by adjustable adapters.
- Screw turnbuckles, leash, and struts are also attached.
- Next, you need to use a beam with wings to attach the tool to the power tiller.
Equally important is the correct selection of tilt angles and immersion depths, for which moving parts are bolted to the bracket.
Making propeller weed eaters
For the work you will need good quality thick metal, an angle grinder and a welding machine.
- First, the axles are made, which must be fitted to the power tiller.
- Then you should make a stand and a base, which are welded by arc welding.
- You should immediately choose the distance between the nozzles, the shape of the tines and the angle of installation, which will allow the most effective loosening of the ground.
For convenience, you can make several sleeves with brackets and different sets of blades, which will allow you to make a variety of types of dip.
In order to properly make a rocker arm for a power tiller, you should also view a video, in which you will find a complete instruction on how to create a rocker arm.
There are several varieties of such attachments:
Lister type. the simplest by design, so it is easiest to make it with your own hands. Such hoes are not adjustable, that is, the working parts of the tool are in a fixed position (width), which can not be changed. Usually the working width is 25-30 cm. Accordingly, the width of rows of potatoes or other crops will directly depend on the working width.
The tool itself has the form of two connected wings with thin legs. Can be used on tillers with power up to 3.5 liters. This has the advantage that the machine will not be overloaded if the scarifier sinks too deep into the soil. But in wetter soils, soil could stick to the discs.
The disk riders, as the name implies, are made of two angled discs fixed on a frame. High efficiency, so store models cost accordingly. It is a little bit more difficult to make this type of a mower. It is very important to select the right size discs, symmetrically set them. The self-made disc setters can be made with a fixed or adjustable grip.
In the propeller perches working elements are in the form of propellers (similar to home fans). Other names for this designation are active or rotary ridgers. Their work consists of two phases: digging up and clearing the soil of weeds, and then loosening. All this, however, is done in a single pass of the disc. Can only be used on tractors that have two forward gears so they can move soil between the rows at 180 rpm.
Propeller weeders are much more effective than other types, but are used and made at home less often because of the complexity of the design.
There is also a classification according to the principle of work. the riders can be twin-row or single-row. Double-row (double) models allow for simultaneous row cultivation on both sides. Usually these are adjustable ridgers. by changing the position of the plates you can choose the angle and width of the furrow.
The single-row oscillators are smaller in size, but are usually not adjustable. These attachments consist of only one plate, which reduces their functionality and allows only one operation per unit of time.
Double and single row models.