What can be done from the trimmer yourself to facilitate everyday work or for fun? Such a question arises if there is an old unnecessary device, or it is required for the work of a technician, which in factory manufacture costs much more than a gasoline or electric braid. In practice, folk craftsmen implemented many options. The main ones are a motorbike, a snow blower, an ice ax, equipment for cultivating land and mowing lawns, a saw, and snowmobile equipment. In order to bring the idea to life, in each case you will need to use a certain set of tools and additional materials.
If there is a cottage or just a land plot, then a cultivator will help facilitate tillage. Traditionally, chopper is used for these purposes, but working with it takes a lot of time and effort. Using a cultivator will reduce labor costs, and the whole process will take a shorter time period. Factory-made equipment is expensive, so with limited funds, the question of self-assembly of the cultivator arises. For this, both petrol trimmers and electric scythes will do.
To create the simplest example of technology, you should stock up with such tools and materials:
- grinder with a set of disks (suitable diameter. 125 mm) for metal;
- drill with drills of various diameters;
- welding machine;
- jigsaw or hacksaw;
- emery machine with two abrasive wheels of different grain;
- a functioning petrol trimmer;
- tube of steel, suitable for the diameter of the shaft of the mowers;
- hand tools: wrenches, hammer, pliers, core, tape measure and marker;
- sheet of metal with a thickness of 3 to 5 mm and a minimum size of 10 10 cm.
The manufacturing process begins from the working part. For this purpose will serve the curved rods of garden forks. Their recommended length is from 10 to 15 cm. this is enough to loosen the soil.
The working nozzle is made in the following sequence:
- the forks are flattened to a width of 1 cm;
- sandpaper, using a circle with a fine abrasive, sharpen the cutters;
- using an electric jigsaw, a circle with a diameter of 10 cm is cut out from the metal;
- process it on an emery machine to achieve a nearly perfect shape;
- at regular intervals, prepared cutters are welded to the metal circle (the recommended number is 3).
With more than 3 pieces of mills, the load on the equipment greatly increases.
The recommended power of a gasoline engine should be two horsepower (about 1.5 kW) or more.
In the next step, it is necessary to attach a mill for weeding on the trimmer. The process is greatly simplified by having reverse thread, located at the end of the shaft, the mowers, on which the manufactured working part is simply wound. To this end, a tube with a nut is pre-welded to the cutter.
In the presence of locksmith experience and skills of the welder to alter the trimmer in the cultivator is quite simple. Financial costs are insignificant. If an electric boom is used in the work, then you will need to think about an extension cord, so that it reaches over the entire area being treated.
Lawn mower do it yourself.
The lawn mower facilitates the care of ornamental grassy plantations, and also speeds up work in the presence of large areas that need to be processed. On the market of such equipment there are many ready-made, easy-to-use models, but they are expensive, so they are not available to everyone. They also quickly fail in the presence of large weeds and stones on the site. Homemade cost much cheaper than the factory counterparts, in addition, they are more practical in work.
The components of the mower design are:
- engine (gasoline or electric), which is the basis of the created mechanism;
- a frame designed to fasten on it all the details of the device;
- protection cover;
- handles and wheels;
- unit control system created by the unit.
The recommended power used in the operation of the engine. from 0.5 kW (slightly less than 1 horsepower), and the ideal. 1 kW or more.
Very common in practice frame option homemade device. Tools and materials for the independent implementation of the project will require the same as in the previous case.
Plus, you still need:
- a sheet of plywood (or metal thickness of 3-4 mm);
- metal corner 25×25 mm;
- 2 m of pipes of different diameters.
The manufacturing process is as follows:
- a rectangular frame 50×60 cm is welded from the corner;
- in the corners install wheels of the right size, which can be taken even from old toys;
- the plywood cut to its size is fixed on top of the frame or the metal is welded;
- in the center of the trolley make a hole for the bar trimmer and mounting for it;
- make a knife or choose the appropriate ready-made version;
- further fix trimmer on the cart;
- set the knife;
- mounted for protection against cut-off grass scattering in different directions, the cover on the back of the cart;
- start testing the device.
The diameter of the wheels is selected so that the knives do not reach the soil centimeters 5.
There are many ways of making knives, and their form (design) is radically different. At the same time, various materials and old tools are used (for example, an old saw on wood). The main principle is that the knives are well sharpened and balanced. this is necessary to prevent equipment from vibrating during operation.
It is often found that they use not the old trimmer, but only the engine from the trimmer and the control unit. In this case, you will need to make handles for the trolley and fix all the details of the structure on the frame.
When assembling a lawnmower and while working with it, be sure to follow safety engineering, to avoid injury. To collect mowed grass, you can also attach a bag to the unit.
We make a motorbike.
The home craftsmen managed to make a more practical vehicle out of the usual bicycle. they rearranged the engine from the motokos on it. At the same time, options with both a gasoline engine and an electric motor are practically implemented.
Required tools, materials and parts:
Electrical engine the bike is powered by a battery, which, depending on the power of the unit (it is taken 0.35-1.2 kW), lasts for a while from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
For alteration of the bike used two or four stroke gasoline engines. The latter option consumes less fuel and is not so noisy during operation. The recommended power is from 1.5 hp, and the best option is 2 hp. When using a motor with a smaller parameter, the motorbike will barely drive or will not be able to move at all.
Rotational movement from a gasoline engine to a bicycle wheel occurs through the use of belt or chain drive.
Because of this, you will additionally need to make the following details:
- metal suspension in the form of a frame with sides to fix the motor on the frame of the bike;
- driven and driven pulleys or sprockets for attachment to the engine and the wheel, respectively.
Using a chain drive in terms of practicality is preferable to a belt, because the belt wears out faster, especially if it regularly gets wet.
To implement the project you will need to choose suitable gearbox. After installing the pulleys choose the right belt size.
The size of the frame under the engine depends on its size.
The suspension itself to the frame of the motorbike is fixed:
- bolted joint;
- by welding.
The last option for strength is best if the welder is good. If the bicycle frame design allows, suspension replaced with a yoke, which fix the engine. This mounting option is more practical. The method of fixing the motor should be convenient, reliable and allow you to quickly remove it if necessary.
Doing all the work with your own hands in the presence of an old, functioning trimmer, a bicycle and a small set of tools will require time from the performer, as well as patience.
To independently assemble a bicycle with a motor running on gasoline, you will need, in addition to the materials and parts considered, also:
- cable to adjust the motor;
- exhaust pipe welded by welding;
- chain tensioner.
The assembly of a motorbike is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- put an asterisk on the rear bicycle wheel;
- clamp the engine (with an asterisk on the shaft) on the frame behind the seat or on the trunk, if the design features of the bicycle permit, otherwise you will need to choose another convenient place for this purpose;
- put the chain on the sprockets of the wheel and motor;
- attach tensioner;
- regulate the tension of the chain;
- fix the gas knob;
- pull a cable from it to the engine;
- fix the fuel tank;
- mount the carburetor.
For personal security during the operation of a motorbike, upgrade the braking system, change the tire tires for non-slip products, check the integrity and stability in the movement of the created structure. After the whole structure is assembled, it is tested, having previously examined for deficiencies.
It is recommended to give preference to disk brakes.
Homemade snow blower.
There are many options for creating a trimmer-based snow removal equipment. The simplest way to upgrade is to replace the knife with a rotor. Such a snow blower works like a shovel, but at the same time it is simply moved in the snow: the device rakes it and carries it to the side.
To implement the conceived alteration, you will need the following materials and tools:
- trimmer with a straight rod, at the end of which the gearbox is installed;
- a metal keg, even a beer one, for example, from the Baltika drink;
- cutter from the trimmer with a lot of teeth (used for cutting thick grass thickets);
- drill with drills;
- Bulgarian and welding machine.
Instead of a barrel you can use a thin sheet of metal (tin) 1.5 mm thick.
The assembly process of the snow blower is performed in the following sequence:
- cut in a circle, departing from the bottom of the 15 cm barrel;
- a hole is made in the bottom for the gearbox of the motokos and 3 more small holes are drilled to secure its shield;
- side cut out a square of 10 by 10 cm for throwing snow through it;
- one third of the open front of the barrel is closed with a piece of metal (tin), and the opening for the ejection should be located along the center line of the flap;
- make the rotor;
- make a deflector that will direct the ejected snow in the right direction;
- weld it to the body at the location of the hole under the emission of snow mass;
- fasten the bottom of the scapula;
- establish a reducer motokosa and fix bolt;
- put the rotor as a simple working knife.
Deflector do this:
- cut out of metal strip, whose width is 15 cm and length 30 cm;
- slightly bend the workpiece;
- welded from the long sides of the sides 10 cm tall, so that the snow does not scatter at the exit.
The rotor is made in the following sequence:
- cut from a metal sheet rectangular strips with dimensions of 25 by 10 cm;
- cut and grind the plates in the form of blades;
- weld them cross-to-disk from motokosy.
From the remnants of the material make the scapula. To do this, use a piece of tin 30 by 40 cm. Along the long sides bend the edges to form a two-centimeter rim.
Self-made snow removal mechanism should be used at full throttle. this will prolong the life of the device, because frequent pressure on the gas leads to engine breakdown. Thin metal is difficult to weld, because it burns through it easily. Therefore, an experienced welder should perform the work.
Ice scrubber drills.
Benzokosu can be converted into an ice drill. Factory analogues are quite complex and powerful devices. Structurally, the technique is a screw connected to the engine (in most cases two-stroke units are installed). Industrial devices are equipped automatic security systems, which turn off ice screws in the event of a malfunction and exclude the possibility of accidental launch. Models also differ in the number of speeds: single or double speed.
For fans of winter fishing, buying a factory unit is expensive, and it’s hard to work with a hand-held device with a large thickness of ice. It will help save manpower and means of remaking the old trimmer into an ice drill.
In addition to Trimmer, the work will require a drill (factory or homemade) and tools for assembling the final structure. The difficulty lies in fixing the working part to the trimmer. Here a lot depends on the model of mowers.
Compared to industrial counterparts, a home-made ice-breaker is low power device, but for drilling holes enough with his head. Also, the device weighs little, which makes it easy to transport.
Other homemade options.
Thanks to the economical and reliable engine, the trimmer is the basis for many other homemade products. Below we briefly describe the possible options and provide video instructions for their implementation.
Alteration of the trimmer in the chainsaw.
A chainsaw can also turn out from a petrol motor mowers. To translate the rationalization idea into reality, we need old models of devices. All items will be taken from them. The video below shows the result.
Alteration of the trimmer in a gasoline saw is to install on it instead of the own engine of this part with motokosy.
Making a snowmobile for children.
Trimmer can also be converted into a snowmobile. The process is to install the engine on the structure, equipped with skis. Due to the insufficient power of the motors available on the trimmers, the self-propelled machinery is capable of carrying only relatively small weight.. It also moves on a relatively flat terrain. This homemade will serve as an interesting and useful toy for children.
The movement of the snowmobile is carried out using a screw or chain drive.
The rollers below show some possible versions of homemade vehicles:
Home craftsmen have come up with many different ways to adapt the motor from the trimmer to the snowmobile. Here the restrictions are associated with personal fantasy and the existing list of unnecessary devices and equipment that can be used to create self-made snowmobiles.
A motor drill.
Motokosy can be converted into a motorized drill, which will also be used as an ice screw if necessary. As a result, construction work will accelerate and require less labor. A motobur is used to make notches for fence posts, the foundation of piles and for the erection of other structures.
Alter for this purpose, both electric and gasoline trimmers.
In addition to the bike, the motor mowers are also mounted on a scooter. The assembly principle is similar to the creation of a motorbike, only the design features of the scooter are taken into account.
The video below shows aircraft, motor which is taken from the gasoline spit.
Having at your disposal an old worker and an unnecessary trimmer, you can make various technical devices with your own hands, not only the ones discussed above. Own fantasy will tell different options. But, creating any device, it should be remembered that it would be safe for others and those using it.