How to change engine oil in a Honda CR-V and recommended engine fluid
Home page »Engine oils» How to change engine oil in a Honda CR-V car and recommended engine fluid
For each brand of car, a certain type of motor lubricant is selected. In order to ensure trouble-free operation of the engine in a Honda SRV car, the recommended oil must have properties and characteristics suitable for the internal combustion engine of this car.
For Honda SRV RD1 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and other years of manufacture, the manufacturer advises changing the lubricant at least after 15 thousand kilometers. This rule for replacing fluid in cars running on gasoline or diesel is relevant when operating a vehicle in ideal conditions. If the car is used in a big city and often works in the "start-stop" mode (in traffic jams) or on roads with high dust content, then the frequency of replacement should be reduced to at least 10 thousand km. The optimal oil change interval is 7500-10000 km.
User Yuri Danger talked about how grease is replaced in a Honda SRV car.
The replacement frequency may be lower with the appearance of such signs:
- The power unit began to work louder than usual. If rubbing parts are lubricated normally, then during operation they will not emit extraneous sounds. During the use of old oil, which has lost its properties, the engine will work an order of magnitude louder, this is especially evident when it starts. If the liquid does not have the original characteristics, the elements of the internal combustion engine are subject to greater friction. When the lubrication level in the system decreases, the driver can hear the sounds of metal parts. This suggests that the volume of fluid in the unit has decreased to critical. The car owner needs to urgently change the lubricant or add it to the system.
- The motorist sees or feels the exhaust gases. In terms of environmental friendliness, modern cars are significantly superior to older cars with worn engines. As a result of equipping the power units with catalytic converters and improving design features, a correctly functioning motor will not make an exhaust. When using high-quality grease, transparent exhaust fumes exit the muffler. If an exhaust similar to smoke appears from the pipe, this may indicate the use of low-quality oil that has lost its properties. There should be no smell of burnt grease in the exhaust gas.
- The engine began to function unstably. Microparticles are formed in the used oil that clog the filter element. Therefore, the circulation of lubricant through the system is disturbed, as a result of which the power unit cannot operate at a constant speed. When you press the gas pedal, initially slight dips are felt.
- The appearance of an indicator in the form of an oiler on the dashboard of a car. The cause of the badge on the shield may be different, but usually it is associated with a lack of motor fluid in the lubrication system.
Which oil is better to choose?
We will dwell in detail on which oil is suitable for the Honda CRV. The manufacturer recommends pouring liquids of the original production into the B20B motors. This refers to the product Honda Ultra LTD 5W 30 SM. The original is available in Japan and the USA. American-made oil. Honda 5W30. On average, the cost of Japanese liquid varies around 1800 rubles for a four-liter bottle and about 1500 rubles for American oil in the same canister.
Original product for Honda lubrication system
Since 2007, the manufacturer Honda allows the use of lubricants from the concern Mobile 1. It is allowed to fill in the engine of a Japanese car and Honda Gold oil. You can find it in the domestic market, although there are difficulties in this. This product is not popular among our motorists because of its high cost. The manufacturer does not recommend the use of Castrol, Shell, Chevron, Zeke or Eneos oils in the engines of their cars. These products leave a large amount of deposits and soot on the internal walls of the engine, which negatively affects the future operation of the internal combustion engine. Especially the manufacturer does not recommend the use in the engines of Honda oils produced
For Honda SRV 5 2002-2006 years of production with gasoline engines, the manufacturer advises the use of fluids that comply with the API SJ or SL standard. Viscosity class is unimportant, depending on climatic conditions of use. For cars СРВ 3 2007-2012 of release with gasoline engines delivered to Europe, the use of liquids of the standard ACEA A1 / B1, A3 / B3 or A5 / B5 is allowed. If the machines are not delivered to European countries, then the requirements for oils are different. the product must be with API SL specification or higher. The viscosity class does not matter here either.
In diesel engines, Honda SRV Motor Oil grease or other ACEA C2 or C3 oil may be used. In models СРВ 4 of 2013 of release with gasoline ICE delivered to Europe, liquids of class ACEA A3 / B3, A5 / B5 should be used. If the car will not be operated on the territory of European countries, then the lubricant standard must be API SM, Honda SRV Motor Oil oils are allowed. Liquids of the ACEA A1 / B1, A3 / B3 or A5 / B5 class are poured into gasoline engines of 2015 with a volume of 2 and 2.4 liters. In diesel units, the use of Honda Diesel Oil 1 greases or ACEA C2 and C3 standard products is permitted.
Original oil for CR-V
To replace the oil, you need to choose a high-quality filter that can filter out contaminants from the engine fluid. According to official regulations, the use of Honda brand filtering devices is recommended. In their absence, the use of Bosch, VIK, Sakura, PIAA, Japanparts, Kamoka, AMC, Starline, Clean Filters, Profit oil filters, etc.
Level control and volume requirements
To understand how much grease you need to fill in the engine, check out the technical manual, it lists all recommendations regarding its volume. About 2 liters of liquid are poured into two-liter power units, about 5 liters of lubricant must be poured into 2.4-liter engines. To control the level, open the hood of the machine and find the dipstick installed in the motor. Remove it and clean it with a rag of oil residues, level diagnostics are performed on a cold engine. Then put the dipstick back in and remove it again. Ideally, the lubrication level should be between the two MIN and MAX marks. If there is more oil, it must be drained, when less. add.
DIY oil change
You can change the oil in the engine of Honda SRV 2, 3 or 4 generations independently.
Tools and materials
- fresh butter;
- filter device;
- new seal for the drain hole;
- set of wrenches;
- filter puller, chain or screwdriver;
- the container that will be used to collect the used grease. a bucket, a bowl or a cut bottle.
User Andrei Florida clearly showed the process of replacing lubricant in a Honda SRV engine.
Using the recommended oil for Honda SRV, consider the process of replacing a fluid with a car engine rinse:
- Drive the car into a garage with a pit or onto a flyover. If possible, use a lift, it will be more convenient. Wait a while, allow the engine to cool, but the unit must not be cold. Since warm oil has perfect viscosity to drain maximum fluid from the system.
- Climb under the bottom of the vehicle, on the cylinder block you will see a hole that is used to drain the grease. Place a container under it to collect the waste product. Unscrew the plug with a wrench, this will lead to the fact that the liquid begins to drain from the internal combustion engine. At least half an hour will be required to drain the mining.
- When the grease is drained, tighten the plug of the hole and open the filler neck. Through it, add about 4-5 liters of flushing oil to the engine, depending on the volume of the power unit. Screw on the cover and start the engine so that it warms up. You can perform a test drive or alternate all the gears on the box, adding gas to increase the number of revolutions. This will allow the flushing agent to disperse along all the channels of the oil system.
- Repeat the drain and evaluate the quality of the fluid. If the flushing is too dirty, there are products of wear, deposits or deposits left in it, the cleaning process must be repeated. But usually once is enough to remove contaminants.
- Screw in the drain plug, having previously installed a new gasket on it, and start dismantling the filter. Try unscrewing it with your hands. If it does not work, use a puller. If there is no device, pierce the filter device closer to its bottom with a screwdriver, away from the threads, so as not to damage the engine elements. Unscrew the filter counterclockwise using the tool as a lever.
- Install a new filter in the seat, after pouring about 100 grams of engine oil into it. In the thread area on the device there is a rubberized flange that needs to be lubricated with liquid. This is done so that during operation the filter does not stick to the installation site. Otherwise, subsequent withdrawal will cause difficulties.
- Add oil corresponding to the nominal volume to the system through the filler neck. Liquid level control is carried out using a dipstick. Ensure that the amount of grease is between the MIN and MAX marks.
- Screw in the filler cap and carry out a test drive. Then drive the car into the garage again and after 30 minutes check the engine oil level. Add grease if necessary. Also check the drain plug for fluid leakage.
Consequences of late replacement
The worst consequence with an untimely lubricant change is the failure of the power unit. If the fluid is not changed on time, the car owner will have to overhaul the motor. After all, oil loses its properties and cannot fulfill its responsibilities. Because of this, the engine starts to work louder, its power and efficiency are reduced in general.
Video “Visual Aid for Oil Change”
How to perform lubricant change in a Honda SRV with a 2-liter gasoline engine, you will learn from the video filmed by channel 4i nitel.
Do you have any questions? Specialists and readers of the AUTODVIG website will help you ask a question. Support the project. share the link, thanks! Rate the benefit of the article: (3 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5) Loading.
Recommended engine oil for Honda Cr-v
Each car manufacturer in the manual for the vehicle prescribes the characteristics of the lubricant that is suitable in parameters for a particular type of engine. In our article, we will talk about the recommended engine oil for Honda CR-V.
- 1 Honda CR-V II 2002-2006, gasoline
- 2 Honda CR-V III 2007. 2012 model year
- 2.1 Cars equipped with gasoline auto engines.
- 2.2 Diesel cars
Honda CR-V II 2002-2006, gasoline
It is recommended to use oils that reduce fuel consumption corresponding to API SJ or SL groups
Scheme 1. Selection of viscosity depending on the temperature range overboard the car.
According to the scheme, the following lubricants should be used:
- 0W-20; 0W-30; 0W-40; 5W-20; 5W-30; 5W-40, in the temperature range from 300 ° C (or less) to 400 ° C (or more);
- 10W-30; 10W-40 at a temperature of 200 ° C to 400 ° C (and above).
- 15W-40 at a temperature of from 150C to 400C (and above).
Honda CR-V III 2007. 2012
Based on the operating instructions of the Honda CRV, it is recommended to use lubricants that meet the specifications below for this model of car.
Cars equipped with gasoline auto engines.
Over the entire period of operation, the machine manufacturer has strongly recommended to pour the original Honda Motor Oil car oil that meets the requirements:
- Cars shipped to Europe:
- according to ACEA. oil types A1 / B1, A3 / B3 or A5 / B5.
The use of such motor oils helps to save fuel mixture. To select lubricant for the Honda CRV, use circuit 1.
Scheme 2. Dependence of oil viscosity of gasoline cars (delivered to Europe) on the temperature indicators of the region in which the vehicle is operated.
According to this scheme, it is necessary to pour:
- 0W-20, 0W-30; 5W-30 at a temperature range from 300 ° C (or less) to 400 ° C (or more);
- 5W-30 under temperature conditions from 200С to 400С (and higher).
The use of 0W-20 lubricant reduces fuel consumption.
- Machines not supplied to Europe.
According to the manual, in order to ensure the performance and durability of the motor, it is recommended to fill in the original Honda Motor Oil engine fluids having the parameters:
- API standard. oil classes SL or higher.
According to viscosity indicators, the oil is selected according to scheme 2.
Scheme 3. Dependence of the density of engine oil for gasoline engines (not supplied to Europe) on the temperature overboard the car.
Video: What Oil Is Pouring Into A Honda Lawnmower
According to Scheme 2, the following lubricants are used:
- 0W-30; 0W-40; 5W-30; 5W-40, if the air temperature is from 300 ° C (or less) to 400 ° C (or more);
- 10W-30; 10W-40 at a temperature range of 200 ° C to 400 ° C (and above).
- 15W-40 at a temperature of from 150C to 400C (and above).
. for vehicles equipped with a motor oil level sensor, the specified oil is not used.
Liquid filling 0W-30 helps to save a combustible mixture.
The factory-manufacturer of Honda SRV is recommended to pour motor oils with the parameters:
- Original engine lubricants Honda Motor Oil;
- according to ACEA classification system. C2 or C3.
The viscosity characteristics of the oil are selected according to scheme 3.
Scheme 4. The dependence of the fluidity of the oil for diesel engines, on the temperature overboard the car.
The interpretation of scheme 3 is similar to scheme 2.
The use of 0W-30 engine fluid makes it possible to reduce fuel consumption.
2013 Honda CR-V IV
Petrol power units
According to the manual, it is necessary to use motor oils having the characteristics of:
- Machines shipped to Europe
- according to ACEA classification. A3 / B3, A5 / B5;
- according to classification SAE 0W-20.
To achieve a reduction in fuel consumption makes it possible for the 0W-20 auto oil.
- Cars not supplied to Europe:
- Genuine Honda Motor Oil lubricants
- API classification is SM or higher.
- viscosity parameters of liquids are selected according to scheme 4.
Scheme 5. Viscosity of motor oils depending on temperature conditions.
According to the scheme, you need to pour grease:
- 0W-30; 0W-40; 5W-30; 5W-40, at a temperature range from 300 ° C (or less) to 400 ° C (or more);
- 10W-30; 10W-40 if the air temperature is from 200С to 400С (and higher).
- 15W-40 at temperature conditions from 150C to 400C (and above).
5W-30 engine fluid reduces fuel consumption.
According to the manual, motor lubricants are used:
Recommended engine oil for Honda CR-V with parameters similar to scheme 3.
2015 Honda CR-V IV 2.0
Gasoline powered engines.
Based on the instructions, you need to pour oil with the parameters:
- Honda branded lubricant;
- according to ACEA classification. A1 / B1, A3 / B3, A5 / B5;
- according to SAE 0W-20, in the absence of the specified lubricating fluid it is allowed to pour 0W-30 or 5W-30.
- branded car oil Honda Diesel Oil # 1.0;
- according to ACEA classification system. C2 or C3.
2015 Honda CR-V IV 2.4
Machines delivered to Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus
The requirements for oil are as follows:
- according to the ACEA standard. A1 / B1, A3 / B3, A5 / B5;
- respectively, with SAE 0W-20 standards, if no such fluid is available, use 0W-30 or 5W-30.
In addition to machines shipped to Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Belarus
The recommendations of the manufacturer Honda Srv regarding the oil are as follows:
- Honda branded fluids;
- according to API classification. SM or higher.
- viscosity is selected according to scheme 5.
Scheme 6. Dependence of the viscosity characteristics of lubricating fluids on the ambient temperature.
According to the scheme, oil is used:
- 0W-20; 0W-30; 0W-40; 5W-30; 5W-40, in the temperature range from 300 ° C (or less) to 400 ° C (or more);
- 10W-30; 10W-40 at a temperature of 200 ° C to 400 ° C (and above).
- 15W-40 at a temperature of from 150C to 400C (and above).
To save the fuel mixture, it is recommended to pour lubricant 0W-20. When choosing a car oil for cars shipped to Europe, only the ACEA system is used.
When buying a car oil, you need to pay attention not only to the basic basis (synthetics, semi-synthetics, mineral water), but also to take into account the viscosity parameters of the lubricant. Liquids for winter and summer have different fluidity, they are poured depending on the season. The former provide engine start without heating, the latter protect the motor from overheating. Recommended engine oil for Honda CR-V as specified by the car engineers in the manual. Its use will positively affect the engine and lubrication system.
In the instructions for the car, the manufacturer insists on the use of branded auto oil, indicates that filling in various additives is unacceptable.
Greases for CR-V: Honda ATF Z1, DW1 and types of engine oils
The lubrication systems of the power units of any car are components that require a balanced approach to their maintenance. The topic of proper care of the engine and gearbox is rapidly gaining relevance among car enthusiasts in connection with the ambiguous trend when economic and environmental indicators replace an important operational characteristic of products. a resource.
What engine oil is suitable for Honda SRV of the last generations?
The third and fourth generation CR-V are equipped with exactly the same gasoline engines: R20A and K24Z. The throttle response and current dynamism are driven by the i-VTEC timing system.
On the "odnovalnik" R-series, she can only activate the same third magic cam, opening a second wind in front of the red zone. The “twin-shaft” K-family is also trained to turn the intake camshaft, ensuring proper filling of the combustion chamber with a fuel-air mixture.
The working fluid for the tricky algorithm is the fluid circulating in the general engine lubrication system. Based on this, the manufacturer recommends the use of engine oil for Honda SRV hard classes:
According to the European classification, the engineers presented the most lubricating requirements to the most rigorous ones:
- particularly low viscosity;
- maintaining stable lubricating properties at high temperatures and shear rates;
- reduced friction for fuel economy.
Finding a suitable product according to SAE classification, you should pay attention to synthetics in its pure form:
It is important not so much the first digit as the second, indicating a low viscosity, and, consequently, the fast pumpability through the microchannels of the system.
The manufacturer gives advice on the use of original products in relation to engines by analogy with the “automatic machine”, into the crankcase of which it is recommended to fill in Honda ATF Z1. a proprietary transmission fluid. Some owners of the third generation CR-V note the intersection of the mark of 150 thousand km. switching to a more viscous oil, more often it is 5W-30 or 10W-30, 50 thousand km. 5W-40 and 10W-40. The transition is explained by the appearance of an already impressive gap between the elements of friction pairs and the presence of sealing elements that have already lost their proper tightness.
Self-developed consistency: Honda Z1 and DW1 as ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid)
Owners of the first CR-Vs are surely aware of the proprietary fluid for the well-known "machines". Have heard about the "native" ATF Z1 oil and the owners of the very popular third series of crossover.
Then some owners were surprised by the fact that when using synthetic synthetic engine oil for Honda SRV, mineral Z1 was still required, the formulation of which was developed back in 1995. Owners of new products, the release of which was established after 2011, are notified that synthetics marked as DW1 are already splashing in the crankcase and torque converter of the “automatic machine”.
Changing the type of oil entailed:
- viscosity reduction at low temperatures;
- improving the stability of the lubrication process in various conditions;
- reduction in fuel consumption.
The manufacturer “pleased” the owners of previous generations of Honda CR-V: the ATF Z1 will not be produced, but assured that the DW1 is fully suitable for partial replacement, that is, it “supports” mixing with Z1. Some third-generation CR-V owners went further: disassembled the automatic transmission and switched completely to DW1 synthetic oil. Here is what one of them wrote:
“The machine also works smoothly, but the car itself has become more accentuated.”
The situation is quite predictable. after all, the iron component during the regeneration did not change: the ATF Z1 mineral water was first poured into the same five-speed Honda CRV automatic machine, and DW1 synthetics were used in the fourth generation. Problems arise with earlier generations: the torque converter starts to work in an extremely rough mode.
A few words about the timing of the oil change in the automatic transmission and engine
The replacement interval recommended by the manufacturer is 15-20 thousand km. conditional. The domestic environment (the condition of the roads, the culture of movement in the metropolis.), in which the majority of cars are operated, is perceived by Japanese experts as extremely stressful for the operation of life-saving machine units.
In such conditions, engine oil change intervals for any Honda SRV are recommended to be reduced as follows:
- 0W-20. every 7 500 km;
- all other brands. every 5,000 km.
The trend also applies to the "machine":
- first shift. after 80,000 km;
- the next. after 60,000 km.
Briefly about the main thing
1. For the new Honda CR-V, it is recommended to use the original synthetic oil grades 0W-20 or 5W-20. With an impressive mileage (about 150 thousand km), you should use more viscous grades of oil. 5W-30 or 10W-30. Upon reaching 250 thousand km. owners recommend switching to 5W-40 and 10W-40.
2. The ATF Z1 mineral transmission oil was used in Honda cars with automatic transmission from 1995 to 2011. The "machines" of the new Honda, including the fourth generation CR-V, are refueled by the company’s recently developed DW1 synthetics.
3. Oil change intervals in automatic transmissions and engines are strongly recommended to be shortened to exaggerate the life of these expensive units. It is recommended that engine oil be changed after 5. 7 thousand km., Gear oil. after 60 000 km (the first shift to 80 000 km.).
Honda SRV engine oil: self-replacement procedure
Sooner or later, the maintenance of any engine will require an oil change. The quality of this product and the frequency of its replacement depends on the effective operation and operational life of the motor. Many users prefer to watch a video on replacing motor grease and limit this. However, it will be quite useful to get acquainted with the recommendations, which detail important points on the process of replacing engine oil for the Honda SRV model line.
How to choose a quality product
The function of the most important automobile unit directly depends on the right choice of engine oil for the Honda CR-V. Manuals provided by the manufacturer recommend that Honda CR-V use a motor binder in accordance with API SJ, API SM, API SL.
Honda engine lubricant is used from energy-efficient grades. The oil must comply with the quality classes defined by official API. SAE audits. This fact is recorded on the labels as a round graphic sign, which indicates:
- degree of viscosity;
- quality category;
- permissible degree of energy saving;
The latest lubricant products are marked with another important symbol. STARBURST ("Star Explosion"). This mark is assigned exclusively to energy-saving oils of the highest quality with easy flowability. Having found the corresponding video, you can visualize all the necessary information.
To ensure acceleration and current dynamics of the Honda CR-V, the manufacturer recommends using hard lubricants of the ACEA A1 and ACEA A3 classes in the engine. For fuel economy, preservation of elastic-lubricating properties at high temperatures and shear rates, liquids with a particularly low viscosity are prescribed. It can be synthetics labeled 0W-20 or 5W-20. It is the second digit that indicates the low viscosity of the oil, which ensures its efficient pumping through microchannels.
When Honda SRV runs impressive distances (150,000 km), it is better to use lubricants with a higher viscosity. 5W-30 or 10W-30. When the operation of the motor approaches 250,000 km, the owners and service technicians advise switching to 5W-40 or 10W-40 oils.
When choosing engine oil for a Honda car, you can start from the following data:
- year of issue;
- modification of Honda CR-V;
- body number;
- catalog number of the consumable according to the corresponding article.
In addition, the lubricant change in the engine is adjusted to the specific operating conditions and general condition of the Honda CR-V. Examples of accounting for these criteria can be found in the video dedicated to cars produced in 2008.
The new Honda SRV comes with engine lubricant, which is made using a special formula. The manufacturer strongly recommends that you do not change this oil until the established scheduled replacement after running in the car. Therefore, it is not necessary immediately after purchasing a new car to change the engine lubricant. Preservation of the factory substance will ensure naturalness, uniform wear (lapping) of moving parts.
Under normal operating conditions in gasoline engines, the lubricant should be changed after 12 months or 10,000 km, whichever comes first. If the operating conditions for gasoline engines are equated to severe, then the figures should be reduced by half. up to 6 months or 5000 km. If the Honda engine was equipped in 1999 and subsequent years, then you can change the engine lubricant after 12 months or 15,000 km.
Changing the lubricant in a diesel engine is subject to the same regulatory requirements. The videos provided by users clearly illustrate the difference between severe and normal operating conditions.
In order to increase motor resources and maintain the functional suitability of expensive parts, the lubricant must be replaced at reduced intervals. Therefore, in real-world operating conditions, the Honda CR-V engine oil is advisable to change every 5000-7000 km.
We put the original filter
Honda CR-V 2008 oil filters use specially designed paper with variable density. It is folded in a complex way, provides a large filtration area with the highest possible efficiency. Individual sections of these filters trap particles whose size does not exceed 6 microns. The main area delays pollution of 20 microns. Reliable operation of the device ensures the duration of non-repair operation of the engine.
Original oil filters are equipped with a ring seal. This type is more effective than the usual gasket having a flat configuration. The Honda CR-V oil filter, due to the O-ring, obtains tight contact between the base and the engine.
A special role in the filter element is played by the anti-drain valve. This part prevents the outflow of oil from the filter back into the engine crankcase. Such an engineering solution managed to solve the main problem when starting the engine: starting with a “dry” scrolling of rubbing parts in the initial critical period is unlikely.
Honda’s oil filter is also equipped with a bypass valve. It opens in those cases when the filter is clogged, its throughput decreases. In order to eliminate excess pressure, the valve opens automatically. Such a system provides the proper level of engine protection, allowing grease to get into hard-to-reach places.
Original oil filters for Honda are available in 2 main versions. They differ in size and performance. Most cars are equipped with filters based on the development of 1988. These details are more bulky, less effective.
Now obsolete units have been replaced by the filter of the latest brand ACURA RSX / CIVIC 2001, which is distinguished by its compact size and improved quality of the cleaning element. The latest filter modification contributes to the creation of high oil pressure in the Honda engine.
Non-original oil filters allow smudges at the junction with the engine. Such filters "stick" to the motor part. They are difficult to remove when replacement is required. The differences and advantages of the original filters show numerous videos.
Self lubricant change
Do-it-yourself motor oil and oil filter replacement for the Honda CR-V can be done. Prepare in advance for this procedure. You need to familiarize yourself with text materials that describe the replacement of motor substances. Step-by-step instructions in video format will also be a good help in theoretical preparation.
Tools and materials
Replacing a motor lubricant and an oil filter will require:
- new oil in a certain volume (4 l for 2.0 engines or 5 l for 2.4 engines);
- original oil filter;
- a new gasket under the drain hole (washers);
- wrenches (main. 17);
- special chain (key) for unscrewing the oil filter;
- tanks for used engine fluid.
The better and more thoroughly the preparatory stage is carried out, the easier and faster the filter and used motor substance are replaced with a new one.
We replace quickly and efficiently.
The replacement of the old motor substance in a Honda CR-V car is done by yourself, choosing a convenient place for this procedure. An overpass equipped with a viewing pit garage and a lift is suitable. In extreme cases, a flat area will fit in which it will be convenient to put the car on a jack.
Further, the sequence of such operations is respected.
- The engine is allowed to cool for 20-30 minutes. Care must be taken to ensure that the engine does not become completely cold, otherwise not all liquid will be able to leak out of it. But it is not worth removing lubricant from an engine that is too hot.
- Having picked up the bottom of the machine, they find a drain plug.
- A container is installed under the drain hole to collect old lubricant.
- With a wrench 17 unscrew the drain plug. Extreme care must be taken not to get burned with hot oil.
- You need to wait 30–40 minutes for the spent substance to glass in a prepared container.
- In order not to waste time in vain, unscrew the oil filter. You can use a special or gas key.
- A new gasket is installed in place of the old gasket.
- 100 g of new motor lubricant is poured into the new filter element. She is smeared with a gasket.
- A new filter is installed, the drain plug is screwed.
- The cap for the bayonet is unscrewed, the right amount of grease is poured. Its sufficient level is controlled by the probe.
After a short test drive, inspect the underbody for leaks. Check engine fluid level. If necessary, add the right amount of grease. often, a video on replacing engine fluid is based on the example of a 2008 car modification.