How to cut corrugated board at home
The most common tools used for cutting profiled sheeting are:
- angle grinder (angle grinder);
- hacksaw for metal;
- electric hacksaw;
- Manual and electric jigsaw;
- metal scissors;
- electric scissors;
- hand circular saw.
Tools for cutting corrugated board
angle grinder or angle grinder (angle grinder)
Manufacturers of this roofing material is not recommended for its cutting angle grinder because of the thermal effect on the polymer coating. Nevertheless, even some sellers of corrugated board uses it as the most convenient cutting tool.
Durability of corrugated board depends on proper installation and selection of the tool for cutting
When using an angle grinder requires compliance with certain rules:
- To work with the profiled sheets, instead of an abrasive wheel to use a disk with hard-alloy teeth. Such discs are called. discs for cutting corrugated board.
- The thickness of the disk should be from 1 mm to 1.6 mm.
- To avoid corrosion, a place of sawing covered with high-quality paint in the appropriate color.
When using a special disc, the edges of the cut are very thin and neat.
It is worth noting: Some craftsmen using a disc with a diamond coating, cut the entire pack (10 sheets).
When using a special disk, designed for cutting corrugated board, the edges of the cut are obtained smooth and accurate
Using an angle grinder has advantages and disadvantages. The advantage of using this tool is the cutting speed and convenience. The main drawback. thermal damage to the polymer and zinc coating, burning the edges and burn through sheets flying from the angle grinder sparks. In addition, red-hot metal particles adhering to the surface promote the formation of corrosion foci. Ripped edges of sheets after cutting with an angle grinder takes a long time to remove burrs. The tool makes a lot of noise when it is used. The use of a special disc, designed for cutting corrugated board eliminates many of the negative aspects of the use of angle grinder.
Pros and cons of metal hacksaws
When using this tool, the coating of the profiled sheet is subjected to the least destruction. Decking has little resistance when cutting, so even manual work does not take much effort and time, and the lack of thermal effect contributes to the preservation of the coating material.
Pros of cutting profiled sheeting with a hacksaw for metal:
Disadvantages of cutting sheets with a hacksaw for metal:
- When working with a hacksaw is easy to perform flat cuts, but it is impossible to cut curvilinear shapes;
- Using a hacksaw for metal will require a special table for cutting.
A metal saw is used to make straight cuts
Jigsaws manual and electric
Jigsaw. a tool that, unlike a hacksaw, allows you to perform curvilinear cutting of profiled sheeting. There is no essential difference between an ordinary and electric tool, but with an electric jigsaw, the work is done faster.
Hand and electric jigsaw is used for cutting small lengths of profiled sheeting of well-known brands, the height of the corrugation which is no more than 25 mm. Sheets can be cut lengthwise and crosswise, and the sheet must be pressed down so that it does not vibrate. Cutting profiled sheeting is made at high speed using the most fine-toothed saw on metal.
Important to know: The reciprocating mode alone is not sufficient to increase cutting speed, you need the saw’s inclination to be kind of longitudinal.
When cutting with an electric jigsaw, edge burning occurs, but not as severe as with an angle grinder
- The tool is not very convenient for cross cutting sheets with a profile height of more than 25 mm;
- not convenient for cutting thin strips;
- the cutting speed is inferior to the angle grinder;
- When working with an electric jigsaw there is burning of the edges, but not as bad as when using an angle grinder;
- unpleasant noise.
Cutting with an electric jigsaw
Features of scissors for metal
Advantages of cutting profile sheets with scissors for metal:
- Metal scissors poorly cut corrugated board lengthwise, as in this direction sheets have little flexibility.
- The main disadvantage of cutting with such scissors is not very smooth edges of the cut.
A great tool for cutting thin strips
Electric scissors: efficient and handy
Electric scissors can be considered one of the most effective tools for cutting corrugated sheet, provided that you do not need a perfectly straight edge.
Electric scissors easy enough to use
Handheld circular saw
Sheets of corrugated board is well cut and hand circular saw, which has a fine-toothed disk with pobeditovye teeth. You will need an assistant to do the job quickly and easily using a circular saw. The feed when cutting should be minimal.
What you can not handle profiled sheeting
To cut the profiled sheet completely excluded the use of gas cutting devices, as a strong heat causes the maximum harm to the metal profile. Decking can not be cut with an angle grinder because of the formation of sparks and the heating of the material in the place of cutting.
During processing high-speed tool with an abrasive cutting element burns the metal, the protective coating is formed a damaged area where later there is edge corrosion. Sparks can damage the protective and decorative layer far from the place of incision. Cut profiled sheeting can be angle grinder, which has a disc with fine teeth. However, this measure only reduces the amount of damage, but does not prevent it.
Features of cutting corrugated board
Profiled material. a thin sheet of layered metal, which can be damaged if improperly cut. Since the material is coated with a special polymer and galvanized on top, it is not allowed to use the usual methods of processing tin sheets (cutting profiled sheeting with a knife or hitting with a chisel is a bad idea).
It is also forbidden to use high-temperature methods of cutting (gas cutting), because the coating sheet immediately spoiled, despite the original factory methods of protection. As a result of improper handling damaged sheet itself, and not just the outer protective sheathing.
To cut the decking with a polymer coating correctly, you can not use an angle grinder with an abrasive wheel, as there will be a risk to severely damage the outer layer of material that will certainly lead to the formation of rust. Service life of such corrugated board will be reduced by several times.
Features of the structure of trapezoidal sheet does not allow for the use of any construction of a rough tool. Therefore, it is necessary to know exactly what to process the material.
Working with an angle grinder
The biggest danger when working with corrugated board is the heating of its surface, which usually accompanies the cutting. For this reason, when choosing how to cut profiled sheeting, it is better not to use gas cutters. The same applies to the angle grinder: like all other high-speed tools with abrasive wheels, it provokes the burning of metal along the line of incision. As for the protective coating, it is damaged on both sides of the cutting line. The thickness of the damage strip can reach 3-5 mm, so that the surface appears edge corrosion.
A certain risk is also sparks arising during the cutting of corrugated board with an angle grinder. High temperature allows them to damage the protective coating of profiled sheeting, even at some distance from the place of treatment. angle grinder can be used only if the abrasive wheel is replaced by a special disk for cutting corrugated board, which has fine teeth. It is important to understand that even this tool can not guarantee complete absence of damage. If you are not sure how to cut profiled sheeting with an angle grinder, it is better to exclude this option.
To work with a mechanical tool you will need to exert some effort, but if you need something to cut 1-2 sheets, then the task is quite manageable.
Not the best choice, because most models have an onion (bow-shaped) form. It is this arc that prevents you from making a straight cut. You can find a way out if you use hacksaws for metal with a single-sided attachment of the blade.
If you use a blade with a fine tooth, you can cut profiled sheet at a faster rate, and the sawed edge will be perfect.
They are easy and simple to work with. If you use only one type of scissors, then the transition from one plane of cutting to another, the profiled sheet will bend.
To prevent this defect, all kinds of scissors are used, changing them at the transition between the stiffening ribs.
It can be used in a limited way, only if:
The sheet is placed on a flat surface, and a marker is used to mark the cut trimmer line. Then attach a ruler (or ruler), and with pressure spend a construction knife on the markings.
The goal is to make a deep scratch on the metal.
Then the sheet is bent along the marked line, first in one side and then the other. After 2 bends profiled sheeting breaks in the right place.
In the absence of an angle grinder and a hacksaw for cutting corrugated board can use scissors for metal. They are similar to conventional ones, but are larger in size and have sharp, straight blades made of carbide materials. Scissors are indispensable for metal, if you need to cut thin strips of profiled sheeting or perform curved cutting. The work with this tool is done slowly and quite difficult.
Professional roofers use scissors for metal as an additional tool when working with corrugated board. They well cut the material across the wave, but for cutting along the profile is practically not used, since the flexibility of corrugated sheet in this direction is very low.
Metal scissors are inexpensive, they are usually in the arsenal of roofers. When working with them can not get damaged or hurt. Compared to other tools for cutting corrugated board, scissors have the following advantages:
- They do not damage the protective polymer coating of corrugated sheeting, which does not reduce the corrosion resistance and service life of the material.
- They can cut the profiled sheeting across the waves, without fear of damaging the material.
- With scissors, it is easy to make curvilinear cuts that you can not do with a hacksaw.
With what and how to cut a profiled sheet? Video lessons
Profiled sheet is covered with several protective layers. galvanizing, anti-corrosive, primer, decorative and polymeric. Tampering with their integrity will lead to oxidation and rapid deterioration. The greatest harm is caused by sparks and heating to high temperatures, causing the melting of the polymer layer and steel.
List of tools suitable for cutting
You can cut profiled sheet with these devices:
- Electric circular saw with a saw blade for steel;
- hand hacksaw;
- hand shears for metal;
- hand shears;
- electric shears. cut, knife, and slotted;
- The “Cricket” drill bit, an analog of electric scissors.
All of the above types do not produce sparks during operation, they operate on the principle of cold cutting. Electric devices are available in two types of power supply: corded and battery-powered.
Cut profiled sheet metal with an angle grinder is theoretically possible, but experts do not recommend using this tool. Galvanized steel, which is the basis of the material, and protective coating on both sides at a distance of 5 mm from its exposure are melted. This causes edge corrosion. The second risk factor is sparks. Once on the surface, they damage the polymer coating.
The easiest tool for sheets up to 1.5 mm thick at home. scissors with blades made of high-speed steel. They are suitable for those who occasionally have to deal with a small amount of material. They come in two varieties:
- roller. blades and handles are connected by a screw;
- Lever-operated. the cutting part with handles are connected by a hinge, this is a more convenient design, facilitating work, requiring less effort.
There are three types of scissors according to the location of the cutting edge: left, right and combined. If you want to cut from left to right, you use a right-handed device, and vice versa. For curved cuts, there are versions with curved blades. Always pay attention to cutting ability when choosing. not all of them can cut very thick sheets easily.
Changeable fine-toothed saws are used. It has comparatively high precision and speed of work. Consists of a C-frame and a cutting blade. Weaknesses: Can only cut in a straight line on the workbench, requiring a great deal of hand effort. You should choose a hacksaw with a blade of at least 300 mm. For hard-to-reach areas or difficult cuts there are variants without a bulky frame, with the side positioning of the handle.
Manual diecutters (notching, punching) scissors.
It is the best solution for small jobs. Main element. cutting head with open die for easy entry and chip cutter. Additional detail. transparent plastic blade guard for sawdust emission. It directs the shavings forward, making the process safer. Minimum cutting radius with slitting shears: 25 mm. In order to start cutting, a hole with a diameter of 8,5 mm must be drilled in the material. The advantages of this tool, if you compare it with conventional scissors. greater maneuverability, ease of arrangement of curved cuts.
One of the best options for neatly cut profiles quickly and in large quantities by yourself, from the edge and inside. They are easy to use, they work on the principle of a hole punch. The main elements are a movable punch and a stationary die with a hole of the same shape. The tool does not heat the metal, does not damage the polymer coating, performs at any angle, cuts holes in hard-to-reach places, including complex configuration. No burrs form on the cuts made with electric cutters, so there is no need for their additional processing.
It can cut vertically and horizontally, makes round or shaped holes. The cut is very accurate, the material is not deformed, but it needs the right speed of the drill, otherwise the punch will bend the edges. Disadvantage. it is suitable only for small volume.
In professional construction for work related to cutting smooth and profiled sheets, two other types of electric shears are used:
- Knife. It is convenient to cut in a straight line, but it is difficult to make a turn at an angle, The main element consists of two blades, one of which is movable, and the other is not. Sawdust is evacuated to the side to prevent defects on the protective polymer coating.
- Slotted. Their main detail. the cutting head of the open type. Slotted electric scissors are suitable for straight and curved cuts.
Both types have a powerful motor and are easy to handle. Perfectly smooth, clean cut, particularly the slotted electric shears.
Use a special replaceable saw blade. They allow you to make a very even, fine cut. The jigsaw is easy not only to cut a sheet in a straight line, but also to perform curvilinear cuts. Do not position the profiled sheeting on the weight, as the metal is of small thickness and easily deformed.
- You can work directly on the construction site;
- High speed compared to hand-held mechanical tools;
- easy to operate;
- low cost of consumables (saws).
Disadvantages of using an electric jigsaw:
- Saw blades wear out quickly and break often;
- high noise level;
- the impossibility of cutting a sheet with a profile height of less than 20 mm;
- jigsaw can only cut in an upright position, that is, to perform the work you need two people;
- does not burn the protective coating, but tears the metal, the edges require primer treatment.
Technology of cutting corrugated board
The structure of corrugated board is similar to tin sheet, but has some features in the technique of installation, in particular, this applies to questions about how to bend the metal profile and cut it correctly.
Since the material consists of a metal base and a special protective coating against corrosive effects, when cutting it, you need to ensure the integrity of this layer.
When selecting the method of sawing, only low-temperature resistance is taken into account, i.e. a cold cutting method is needed here. As a rule, it can be scissors for cutting corrugated board and other tools that will be convenient to the builder and can meet the requirements.
Naturally, cutting with plasma, autogenous and other similar tools is not suitable because of the high temperature of the work. The same applies to abrasive methods that destroy and charred material in the cuts.
- Metal hacksaw. the safest tool for working with corrugated sheeting. Despite the fact that the entire procedure will be performed manually, it does not take much time, because the material is easy to cut, while the protective coating remains unharmed. The disadvantages of this technology include only the inconvenience of working with complex shapes, which requires a special table.
- If it is necessary to obtain more complex curvilinear forms, there is nothing better than a jigsaw. The tool can be either electric or handheld. Electric jigsaw contributes not only to simplify the process, but also the rapid cutting of sheets of the required size, given the original size of the sheets of roofing corrugated board.
- The market for building materials offers manual and electric scissors for corrugated board, which, although not in great demand among professional craftsmen, but will perfectly cope with the task at the cutting of metal sheets. Since everything depends on experience, beginners can be disappointed in this tool because of the formation of uneven edges of the material. You can correct the situation by covering such an edge with the next sheet.
- The undeniable advantage of all these methods of treatment of the material is cutting with an angle grinder, but not with an abrasive disk, as mentioned before, and with a special disk for corrugated board. It will also help in cases where you do not know how to make an arch out of metal profile, and which tool to use.
The disc ensures a fine and delicate cutting, which is achieved through the use of a strong alloy for its production. Strong teeth do not break and do not bend, even when working with metal for a long time.
Once the tool has been selected, you can proceed to the description of the process of cutting corrugated board. It should be noted that even professional builders can not achieve the preservation of the integrity of the protective layer, due to which the service life of the material is significantly reduced.
Equipment, which was described above, contributes only to the reduction of the destroyed area. The material can not be restored, especially if used corrugated decking, but to reduce the adverse effects can be covered with a corrosion-resistant and moisture-resistant composition.
After completing the cutting and processing of roofing sheeting, it is painted with a factory paint, which is usually included with the material. If not found, you can buy a spray paint in accordance with the color of the corrugated board and the texture of the roof covering. This method of protecting the joints from the negative factors is even easier and more convenient than traditional painting.
Observing the basic rules of working with corrugated board, including the laying and fastening, as well as cutting and handling sheets, you can achieve good results in the form of high-quality and durable roofing (read: “What are made of corrugated board. Advantages and disadvantages of the material”).
- To eliminate gaps between the head of the screw and the place of its attachment, it is screwed into place where the wave fits tightly to the crate.
- Sheets located at the top and bottom of the slope, fastened with screws on all waves. so we will strengthen the structure, subjected to high wind loads. Provide also a windbreak for corrugated board initially. Decking mounted on the intermediate bars of the crate enough to fasten through one wave, as shown in the photo (“How to fasten the metal profile on the roof”).
- At longitudinal joints material is fastened in spacing of up to 500 mm.
- the roofing on the wind bar is fastened to all joists.
- To make the adjoining plates adjoin as tightly as possible, it is enough to shift a little the center of the fastener towards the overlap. If the sheet lies on top, and from the overlap. if the covering is on the bottom, both plates must be pressed together.
- In areas where the decking is laid near vertical surfaces (pipes, walls), mounted joint bars.
- The construction of the ridge element should also be securely fastened using a sealant.
- When you install the coating is thicker than 0.7 mm in order to avoid accidental damage to the roof, you will need a wooden scaffolding and special shoes, not superfluous will be and punching for metal profile, which is available on the market, along with other components.
- In the final step profiled sheeting is cleaned of debris, shavings, scratches and cuts are painted.
- After 3-4 months should check the quality of fixing screws, if necessary, tighten them.
- Metal hacksaw. the safest tool for working with corrugated board. Despite the fact that the entire procedure will be performed manually, it does not take much time, because the material is easy to cut, while the protective coating remains intact. The disadvantages of this technology include only the inconvenience of working with complex shapes, which requires a special table.
- If you need to get more complex curved shapes, there is nothing better than a jigsaw. The tool can be both electric and manual. Electric jigsaw contributes not only to simplify the process, but also the rapid cutting of sheets to the right size, given the original size of the sheets of roofing corrugated board.
- The market offers building materials manual and electric scissors for corrugated board, which, though not in great demand among professional craftsmen, but will perfectly cope with the task at the cutting of metal sheets. Since everything depends on experience, then beginners may be disappointed in this tool because of the formation of uneven edges of the material. To correct the situation, you can, covering such an edge of the next sheet.
- The undeniable advantage of all these methods of treatment is cutting with an angle grinder, but not with an abrasive disk, as mentioned before, and with a special disk for corrugated board. It will also help in cases where you do not know how to make an arch from corrugated sheeting, and what tool to use.
What to cut the corrugated board
To properly cut the profiled sheeting, it is necessary to choose such a tool, which will maximally preserve the protective properties of the coating and will not spoil the overall appearance of the building material.
There are several suitable tools, about which you need to learn in detail, and when working with them, you will additionally have to take into account some nuances.
Saw blade for cutting corrugated board for angle grinder
As already mentioned, an angle grinder with a regular abrasive and extremely coarse wheel can not be used to cut corrugated board, as it severely damages the coating formed in the process of working sparks, which will certainly lead to the appearance of rust.
Therefore, this tool can be used if you buy a specially adapted disc for cutting corrugated board. This is a very thin working circle (its thickness is less than 1.6 mm). The teeth should be made of carbide materials.
Important! After cutting the material, it is necessary to cover the profiled sheeting with a special protective paint to avoid corrosion.
Some home craftsmen, in order to save time, prefer to cut a whole bundle of corrugated board with an angle grinder, putting a diamond disk on the tool. But experts do not recommend doing such things, because there is a risk of spoiling the metal at the slightest displacement of sheets.
- You can not avoid the formation of jagged edges (you will need additional alignment or close the “messy side” of the corrugated board with another sheet).
- Strong noise from the angle grinder.
- Even with the right cutting wheel, the protective surface will be damaged by sparks.
An auxiliary tool on a drill for profiled sheeting cutting
Professional roofers often use special attachments for cutting corrugated board on a drill to quickly and accurately process the surface.
But to conduct such work, you must have certain skills and use only a cordless drill. The nozzle will be convenient to use if you need to cut the profiled sheeting in hard-to-reach places.
Scissors for cutting corrugated board
Hand scissors are used if you want to cut parts of profiled sheeting, but the number of sheets is small. The tool can be used in the construction of gates or covering the material of a shed, garage.
But if the work is more global, then experts recommend using electric scissors to cut corrugated board.
The advantages of the tool is quite easy and accurate cutting strips. The advantages are also the ability to cut the metal across the waves.
Despite the presence of advantages, there are some disadvantages when cutting corrugated sheet metal scissors:
- Remains rough, as well as uneven and bent edge (will have to straighten for aesthetic appearance).
- Choosing scissors, it is necessary to take into account that when cutting in the longitudinal direction the work is much more difficult.
Cordless scissors. the most preferred option for processing corrugated board. When cutting metal parts, no sparks are formed, and therefore damage to the protective coating is minimal.
Jigsaw for cutting corrugated board
Jigsaw. a tool for cutting profiled sheeting, which is often used by builders and home craftsmen. But this statement is still valid if you choose the right professional tool with a quality blade.
Normal household jigsaws have little power to perform such operations. It is also difficult to find suitable blades for them, with which you can cut sheets with a thickness of 0.75 mm or more.
Therefore, for accurate cutting, you should buy only professional jigsaws.
But even with a special tool, it is necessary to take into account some peculiarities:
- The profiled sheeting will have to be set in an upright position for easy cutting, and this is extremely inconvenient because you have to ask someone to support the cut strips.
- It is difficult to cut decking crosswise with high corrugation.
- The edges of the metal burn quite a lot from the rapid movements of the blade.
Electric circular saw
Electric saw. a tool that is suitable for quick cutting profiled sheeting, but it is necessary to select models with wide cutting discs. It is also desirable to use special cutting parts for working on metal.
Attention! Observing these conditions, the work can be done in one turn on the tool.
The main advantage of using a saw is the ability to cut in an arc and round out the material.
Having studied all the possible tools suitable for working with the material in question, we can understand that the fastest options are the angle grinder or circular saw. But it is forbidden to use them without special discs, otherwise there is a risk of spoiling the surface.
A gentle tool, but for slower work. electric scissors.
Exactly these devices are most suitable for cutting profiled sheeting.
With what and how to make a hole in a sheet metal?
It all depends on the size of the hole. If the diameter is small, a drill is suitable. If holes of large size are needed, special drill bits are used. Pay attention to the material from which the cone is made. To process profiled sheet it is worth using carbide-coated nozzles. Work at low temperatures.
Use an electric jigsaw for making holes with large diameters. With this tool it is not particularly difficult to cut a circle of large diameter. When working, use a saw with fine toothing
They can be used for small amounts of work or operations that require high accuracy.
Metal saw and jigsaw
The most commonly used tool for cutting profiled sheeting is a metal hacksaw.
Using it, you can quickly and accurately enough, without leaving burrs or jagged edges to perform the cut. Cutting a sheet in a straight line takes only a short time and is easy, but you cannot use a hacksaw for a curved cut.
Normal jigsaw. a good option if you want to cut a sheet not in straight lines, but along broken lines. Both tools are used for sheets with a height of relief of no more than 25 mm.
Metal scissors are only used when you need to cut material crosswise, for shape cutting, cutting thin strips, or for small jobs. They can not handle a large number of steel sheets, the work is slow, and the edges of corrugated board at the point of shearing bent and need to level out with a hammer or cudgel.
Will help to cope with a large amount of material.
Cut profiled sheeting angle grinder material manufacturers do not recommend for several reasons:
- The place of the cut in the process is heated, and the polymer coating is melted;
- The material can be damaged (it will appear chips and cracks);
- Edges are jagged and need extra work;
- Sparks produced by the tool in the process of work, get on the far side of the sheet and damage the coating even there, thereby spoiling the profiled sheeting not only on the edges.
However, many ignore the warnings of manufacturers, and use an angle grinder to cut corrugated board. If no other tool, then you should at least get a special disk for cutting corrugated board to reduce damage to the material when cutting. The disk is a thin product up to 1.6 mm thick with teeth made of carbide materials.
Recommendations when cutting corrugated board with an angle grinder:
- Position the tool so that the disc rotates in the direction of the tool, not against it. So the teeth will be ground less, and sparks will not get on the hands of workers.
- Under the sheet to put wood boards so that the decking was on the weight, not in contact with the ground or table. This is done in order to protect the workbench and the tool from damage.
- After cutting the edges of the material must be covered with primer or other protective agents to protect the steel from corrosion.
To use an electric jigsaw for work is possible only if the tool belongs to the professional ones: household, for home use do not have enough power for this task. over, it is almost impossible to find a blade that is suitable for cutting thick steel sheets for home electric jigsaws. Powerful jigsaw is suitable for creating shaped or curved edge profiled sheeting.
How to properly cut corrugated board with this tool:
- You will need a special table with fixators for the sheet, so it does not vibrate while working, or an assistant;
- Profiled sheeting should be strongly pressed against the supporting surface, so that when you work does not cause a lot of rattling;
- it is undesirable to cut with a tool the material with a wavelength of more than 20 mm.
Electric scissors for cutting profiled sheeting come in 2 types:
- Slotted fit best, as they are equipped with a special head for even cutting and do not leave bends in the places where the material is cut. They can also be used for shape cutting.
- Notch also leave no bends, because they cut the profiled sheeting along two parallel lines. They can also be used for shape cutting. After the work on the material does not remain jagged.
Is it possible to use a circular saw for cutting corrugated board? Yes, but you should use a disk with small tungsten carbide teeth. Additionally, to protect the polymer coating, a special device is installed: a board or plywood with a length of 1 m and a width of 30 cm in the center cut a gap.
Before working on the sheet lay a board, placing it so that the gap went exactly along the area of the future cut. it will serve as a guide, and the disc will not scratch the material. Cutting sheets with a saw should be set to a minimum speed of work.
Drill with a special nozzle
A special nozzle for an electric drill works on a similar principle to the one used to cut the cutter scissors. It can also be used for cutting and fitting corrugated sheeting in hard-to-reach places, but this requires experience in handling the tool.
Circular saw for cutting profiled sheeting
The circular saw resembles a turbine in principle, but in comparison with an angle grinder has several advantages:
- the cutting speed is 2 times lower, which eliminates the melting of polymer soybeans and the burnout of zinc;
- The teeth of the saw produce small chips, which are easily removed;
- Accurately performs straight cuts at high speed;
- Circle for the cutting of sheet metal at a cost commensurate with the abrasive material for a grinder;
- there is no spark;
- the cut is smooth and burr-free.
the use of the tool requires skill. Maximum efficiency is achieved when cutting profiled sheet on a workbench or in special clamps. Not used for cutting complex geometric shapes, holes.
This is the most convenient tool for cutting sheet metal. It combines the precision of a hand hacksaw, the speed of an angle grinder or jigsaw with the quality of a circular saw. With electric scissors you can cut almost any broken and smooth curves, holes, grooves and other geometric shapes. The battery-powered variant allows assembly and trimming of corrugated board without electric power supply on site. The disadvantage is considered to be the high cost of the machine.
Plasma or laser cutting is used in the factory to cut sheet material. Such equipment is stationary and allows you to perform precise work in a large volume. Laser allows to cut holes from 1 mm in diameter, cut lines of any configuration. Work is performed automatically. The cutting drawings are entered into a computer system that controls the process at all stages.