Which trimmer to choose: gasoline or electric
If you plan to mow the lawn, it is preferable to use an electric braid. Low-power units do an excellent job with young grass, because they have a small fishing line or a small diameter knife.
Cutting out a large area where shrubs grow can only be done with a garden trimmer with a gasoline engine. We will understand the differences between them to understand which trimmer is better. gasoline or electric.
Electric braid: advantages and disadvantages
With the trimmer everything is clear: plug into the outlet, pressed the button and for the cause. At work and in care is not picky. It is enough to clean the cutting head, blow through the cooling holes and periodically check the lubrication in the gearbox. The only thing is that you will have to carry it around because the operation of the tool does not depend on fuel and engine oil. Look at the location of the engine: the lower one adds maneuverability, but it is dangerous to mow raw grass. It can short-circuit.
Gas trimmer: 4 features
A gas trimmer requires gasoline and oil. The tank lasts for 30-40 minutes, then refueling is needed. It starts manually. by the handle of the starter. The operation is not complicated, a little training and everything will turn out the first time.
It depends on how quickly and easily the tool starts. Well, if it is equipped with a quick start (EASY START) or cold start (PRIMER):
- An easy cold start is carried out by pumping fuel into the carburetor. This is done manually by a few taps on the PRIMERa membrane on the brushcutter body;
- manual EASY START provides start without jerking. With a smooth movement of the starter, energy is first accumulated. Then it is instantly released by rotating the shaft and starting the engine.
Video: Which Trimmer Is Better Benzo Or Electro
Look at the cubic capacity of the engine. It goes in the range of 25-52 cubic meters. You can mow with any trimmer, the question is speed.
- 25 cubic braids are lightweight, they are often made shorter with a barbell. Suitable for mowing down near the curb or mowing fishing line to small areas. Such a model does not pull a large knife. And if it pulls, then only idle. For low-powered, multi-tooth knives (36-40 pcs) with holes in diameter are good. They are lightweight and mow no worse than heavy lawn mowers. But the old grass is not cut.
- If you need to mow on 10 acres, take the trimmer 43 cubic meters, it is optimal. 37 cubes is a little weaker.
- 52 cc is better in power, but heavy. A few hours of work and shoulders fall off. And balancing such a lawn mow is more difficult, because the knife and fishing line are lighter, and the motor is heavy. Outweighs.
– The standard length of the garden trimmer bar is 1.5 meters. This is convenient to hold: the motor does not hit side by side, the knife or fishing line mows parallel to the ground. But a lawn mow with a shortened barbell is better to take undersized. It is not convenient to work with tall and medium stature: you cannot lower it below (the engine interferes). As a result, the gearbox mows unevenly: the front part is mowed under the root, and the back is 3-5 cm higher. Uneven sections will be obtained.
– Units with connections on the bar are convenient for transportation, but more often break. The stainless steel rod is more durable, but heavier. Aluminum facilitates construction.
– Curved rods are beautiful, but close to the legs. Not comfortable to work with. They have a flexible shaft that is not as durable as a straight shaft.
Pressure duty cycle: 2 or 4 stroke
Work is work: you get it somewhere, a little bit and a little. the piston flies.
- The 4-stroke unit saves fuels and lubricants. Oil is poured into a separate container, it does not fade. Such models last longer because they overheat less. Whoever has to mow a lot should take a closer look at the four-stroke model.
- The 2-stroke is fueled with a fuel mixture of gasoline and oil. Since the oil burns with gasoline, it goes over five times. But such models have a simplified piston system, so there’s nothing to break there.
See the table comparing the duty cycle of a 2-stroke and 4-stroke lawn mowers.