Endless and comfortable lawn mowing head
To correctly find how many meters of line will be needed for a particular reel, you need to screw it onto the bobbin so that the skein does NOT exceed the diameter of the sides. If the line sticks out over the edges of the spool, you cannot stick it into the casing. When you have determined the length of the material, you need to thread it into the bobbin, so do the following.
- You need to fold the fishing line in half, so that one end of it is 10-15 cm longer from the second.
- See that the bobbin is split into 2.4 parts by the central collar, from which charging begins. Find a groove in it and stick the cord there, bent twice, put a little effort.
- It is of fundamental importance to find in which direction the line is wound on the reel. If you look closely, you can find an arrow on the bobbin or an inscription with an arrow indicating in which direction the winding should be carried out. There are times when there is no arrow on the coil. Under these circumstances, see the arrow drawn on the mowing head and wind the cord in the opposite direction.
- Winding should be done neatly, turn to turn, with the greatest thread tension.
- If the laying of the cord is completed, it will be necessary to first fix the small end of the line, insert it into a groove of a suitable diameter on the side of the reel.
- The second end, the one that is longer, is attached to the groove on the back of the bobbin.
- After fixing the fishing line, cut off its ends, leaving about 10 cm allowances.
- Next, you need to install the loaded bobbin into the mowing head. For this purpose, alternately insert and pull the thread along the exit holes of the head, position the bobbin in the casing, then, applying the required force, Pull the line out of the fixing grooves and tighten it.
- Now, of course, put on the lid and fix it with the latches.
In some reels, the 2nd method of securing the cord is provided: you can charge 2 pieces of thread, replace the 1st, folded in half. The line is changed according to the following method.
- In advance, before changing, in other words, will charge the newest thread into the spool, determine how many meters it will be needed by the method discussed above.
- One end of the cord Bend hook type.
For Shtil lawn mowers there is a very common and quick method of changing the line without disassembling the mowing head, which, of course, by looking at this.
The ends of the cord sticking out of the holes in the casing can be cut to the required length when the part is installed in the trimmer. This can be done, of course, in 2 methods:
- Turned on the trimmer (when rotating, the ends of the fishing line will be cut into a knife, fixed for this purpose on the protective casing)
- Cutting off the excess ends with scissors so that they do NOT touch the casing body.
The 2nd method is used if the passage, if you had to put a cord of a huge diameter, and the edging knife is NOT able to shorten it.
If charging was carried out to whine into the mowing head, but the length of the protruding ends of the cord is missing, then before starting the device they must be lengthened. this applies to the head with manual adjustment. But there are cases with the use of an automatic mowing head, when, due to the insufficient length of the protruding ends of the cord, they are NOT extended automatically. Here you need to turn off the unit (on an electronic device, you certainly need to unplug the plug), manually press the button located at the bottom of the part, and pull out a little line. After this procedure, the cord will again be able to move out due to centrifugal force, if it sets the highest spindle speed.
Whatever the thickness of the fishing line you set, you should keep in mind: in order not to interrupt work at all times and not even change the cord, you should avoid areas where the working tool touches hard surfaces (pebbles, curbs, thick dry branches, etc.).
Some users of trimmers ask themselves the question: how can you change the cord used by default in this type of device? They begin to conduct dangerous experiments, Installing iron or copper wire, iron cables or strings, additionally an ordinary fishing line in the mowing head.
If you install a metal cable to replace the lines, then the trimmer is converted into a dangerous device Not only for the user, but also for others. This fact is explained by the fact that at the time of the operation of the unit, the metal cable will work evenly, its ends will unravel, and small pieces of wire will scatter in different directions at high speed.
A similar thing happens with the introduction of metal or copper wire, only with the only difference that the pieces that have come off will be larger and cause significant injury.
Select line for petrol trimmer (lawn mowers | lawn mowers): 1.6, 3.2, 3 mm. Round, star, square
If by chance you hook your own or someone else’s leg, working with a machine with an iron cable (wire), then a strong and deepest incision of tissues, and sometimes amputation of toes are provided for you. The manufacturer does NOT use nylon for such purposes in vain, since it is quite light and strong, and when it comes off far, it does NOT fly away and can not cause injury.
It is probably possible to use a fishing line in the trimmer with a standard one, for sure, but this will add too much darkness to you, as it quickly wears out, breaks, mows slowly for cutting tough grass. Even when carrying out work, a long period of time disappears to replace the broken tool at any time.
Why does the trimmer fly out when working?
The trimmer is the most common machine used for trimming grass and small bushes. This device is distinguished by its own simplicity in maintenance, easy control during its operation, and due to its low weight, even ladies can use it. It is NOT a secret that for high-quality performance of work on mowing grass, the correct selection of cutting tools is required. For the latter, special cutting attachments (discs, knives) are used in trimmers, as it is also called trimmer heads with a fishing line inside. Nozzles and fishing line are a consumable tool, if there is an option to sharpen the knives, then when you use the fishing line, you need to change it. In this post, we will very carefully tell you how to correctly change the line.
A grass mowing head is essentially a cylindrical body in which a spool (bobbin) is inserted with a fishing line (cord) tucked in there. This design can be installed on both gasoline and electronic trimmers. Heads differ in the method of threading and feeding the cord and there are 3 types.
- Automatic. Cord feed occurs when the user decreases the engine speed. Although the automatic line feed is comfortable, if a huge amount of work is being done, there is one drawback in such bobbins. a large whine consumption.
- Automatic. The introduction of this type of heads does not ask the user to perform complex manipulations. The principle of their work is designed in such a way that the office cord lengthens automatically when the device is operating at full speed. Quite a little hit with the trimmer head into the ground (this removes the blockage of the cord), and the line is pushed out of the bobbin by centrifugal force, then cut to a suitable length with a knife placed on the protective cover.
- Manual. To lengthen the cord, the device must be stopped, then the line is manually stretched.
For the reasons above, automatic bobbins are the best option. It should also be noted that there are single-string trimmer coils (used only for trimming the grass) and two-string, which are used for mowing the highest grass and small, with thin trunks of bushes.
Before starting the process of changing the cord, it is necessary to remove and disassemble the coil in trimmer users. Let’s see how to do it.
The trimmer mowing head consists of several parts: a guard, a spring (not on many models), a spool with a cord and a cover.
Attention! While starting any maintenance on the electronic unit, it must be disconnected from the mains.
In trimmers, in most cases, 4.5 options for mounting the mowing head are used.
To remove the trimmer head, you will need to completely disassemble it.
To remove the cover that covers the inside of the head, you need to press on the latches (latches) located on its 2 sides.
In this embodiment, the head is screwed onto the gearbox shaft. To remove it, you will need to fix the myth shaft. For this purpose, in similar trimmers, for example, in the Huter and Champion machines, a hole is foreseen through which, of course, you can stick either a narrow screwdriver or an iron bar.
What it takes to remove the bobbin Follow the usual 2.4 steps.
- Insert a screwdriver into the hole and lock the shaft.
- Grasp the head body and start turning it clockwise. Torque in this direction follows the circumstances that the thread cut on the shaft is left.
Depending on the duration of the project, which trimmer model is used, the type, thickness and length of the line are selected. The diameter of the cord you will prefer is from 1.4 to 4 mm. It is easy to think that the thicker you tuck the cord, the harder and thicker grass it is able to cut.
As a rule, use a universal fishing line with a diameter of 4 mm.
There are 3 methods to find out what line diameter your mower is using.
Country house mirrors
Free rope for lawn trimmer / DIY rope for lawn trimmer
This is about making a fishing line from a plastic bottle. There are a lot of applications in such a rope. Here is the use.
How to properly wind the line into the trimmer, and what to do if the line is quickly consumed, breaks
Why Quickly Runs Out Line In Trimmers
Step-by-step annotation on how to wind the line on the trimmer spool
With the arrival of spring, you often spend your time at the dacha or in your personal plot. For obstacles such as grass and weeds, the trimmer will protect you. I don’t know why in the trimmer. 4. 4mm line is very fast why. This tool easily trims and mows grass in difficult areas, where an ordinary lawn mower is beyond the power. The trimmer is a very effective and successful tool for cutting grass along fences, flower beds, houses and aisles in the garden. A number of types of garden trimmer have been invented (gasoline, electronic and battery). It would seem that everything is fine, in your arsenal there is such an excellent assistant, but over time, the cutting element wears out and it becomes necessary to replace the finished line. How to tuck the line into the trimmer, and not everyone knows. We suggest using Step by step annotations with attached photos.
Instructions on how to wind the line on the trimmer spool
- 1. First you need to disassemble the trimmer head. Click on the latch on the product body and turn the cover clockwise. Removing the bobbin.
- Now we have to figure out how to wind the line on the trimmer reel. Measuring approximately 6-7m of line and insert its end into the hole of the bobbin.
- We wind the fishing line from 2 sides. The winding direction is always indicated by an arrow on the bobbin.
- Leave the ends of the 15 cm long cutter free. Do not wind too much line. Leave a 6mm margin with the outer edge of the bobbin and line.
- Insert the remaining two ends of the line into the reverse holes of the bobbin.
- We fix both ends in the grooves on the head body.
- The spring is carefully put back into the bobbin guides and into the head body.
- For the threading of the line into the trimmer to be correct, the bobbin must go back into the head body (press it a little). Pull the loose ends of the line out as needed. Pull the ends of the cutting element sharply in turn so that they come out of the grooves in the bobbin and freely pass through the holes on the head.
- So, we figured out how to wind the line on the trimmer reel. It remains only to align all the grooves on the head body and close the lid. Then we press on the bobbin and begin to rotate it counterclockwise until it stops. While holding the bobbin, turn it slightly clockwise and release it. If there was a click sound, then it snapped into the head. If this did not happen, then you need to repeat the action again.
- Pull out the loose ends of the line until they stop.
- See information regarding the thickness of the cord in the annotation to the device.
- Look at the bobbin itself. Here you will like the information on the probable diameters of the fishing line.
The line is wound on a reel in the mowing head. After that, you first need to open it (this was mentioned above). There are 4.5 methods of winding the cord.
How to wind the line around the trimmer head
When electric or petrol trimmers run out of cutting line, they can be replaced
A few tips
Why lawn mowers?
This type of gardening equipment is designed for NOT too large areas, where maneuverability is more important than performance. If we are talking about the same flower bed, then mowing the grass in the immediate vicinity of the flowers using a wheeled lawn mower is unrealistic. The trimmer, electric or petrol, will do the job perfectly.
The essence of his work is as follows: the fishing line or knife rotate at a fairly high speed and cut off the stems. A string or cord is used specifically for cutting grass. Which trimmer line is best depends on the task. For soft and hard grass, respectively, a cord with different technical characteristics is needed.
The line is made from nylon. polyamide, or polypropylene. Cheap products may contain polyethylene additives. It significantly reduces resistance to temperature and wear.
Long-lasting polypropylene trimmer line can become fragile. It is recommended to soak it in water for 30 minutes before insertion.
In strings with a large diameter of 4 mm, aluminum particles are added to increase strength.
Do not use ropes or wires in lawn mowers: pieces of wire broken off at such a high speed easily pierce leather shoes.
Trimmer line section ranges from 1.2mm to 4mm.
- 1.2 mm. 1.6 mm. a thin string designed for constant lawn care. It is used in low-power devices. up to 0.5 kW. This is a standard line for an electric trimmer.
- From 2 mm. 2.4 mm. suitable for devices with a power of 1 kW. This is the most common option, as it allows you to cut both young and rather tough grown grass. Since the lawn in the dachas is looked after a little less often than it should be, the 2.4 mm cord turns out to be very useful.
- 3mm. 3.2mm is used for powerful gasoline appliances. Their task: to cope Not only with grass, but also with a thick stem of weeds and dead wood.
The string is sold in a package. bays, the length ranges from 10 to 100 m. However, there are also options for selling “for a cut”. In the photo. various types of cord with a cross section of 2 mm, 3 mm, 4 mm.
Choose a line Not only in thickness, but also in shape, this is why: the cord does NOT cut the stem, but interrupts it. The rotating string hits the surface of the stem repeatedly and eventually separates the top of the stem. For this work, the shape of the incisal edge is an important technical characteristic.
- Round. the most common, as it is universal: you can choose it for mowing both fresh and dry grass. It is considered less noisy, especially the spiral one. But this parameter is NOT important in all cases. The line for a gasoline trimmer can be as noisy as you like, it is still inaudible during engine operation.
- Polygonal. here are 3 to 6 faces. A sharp incisal edge will do better on coarse, thick stems. Thus, a square cord with a section of 2.4 mm is able to remove raspberry stems. It should be noted that with a higher efficiency, polygonal cord is consumed faster, and it should be used only for its intended purpose.
- Curly. an asterisk, ribbed, in the form of a twisted square with a recess, and so on. Their “specialization” is different, what it is desirable to find out in the instructions before choosing. Thus, an asterisk is recommended for cutting fresh grass, as it is less traumatic: the grass does not dry after cutting, as when using a round string. In the photo. a cord with a different shape.
Trimmer line: features
There are several parameters to consider to choose the right string. Firstly, the characteristics of the device must indicate how thick the line can be. If you try to thread a cord with a large diameter, the thread on the spool will get tangled, the engine will overheat, and the bushings will wear out much faster. Secondly, the task matters. mowing the lawn grass or cutting dead wood. The power of the device itself also puts its limits.
Which trimmer line is better: which one to choose?
Caring for a lawn or flower garden includes not only watering and weeding, but also cutting the grass. Bare land on a flower bed or summer area looks unattractive. Smooth, soft, green “carpet” is certainly much better.
Choosing a trimmer line
But to make the lawn look like this, you need special equipment.
Cord reels: characteristics
The trimmer head is, in fact, a special reel of line for the trimmer. Inside it, on spools, a cord is wound. as a rule, up to 15 m. A thread of the required length is pulled from it when it breaks or is worn out. When the string ends, a new thread is inserted into the bobbin.
By the type of cord feeding, the drums are divided into:
- Manual. to lengthen the string, the device is turned off, and the line is manually pulled out;
- Semi-automatic. activated by a favorite folk trick: you need to hit the mowing head into the ground. On impact, the anchor mechanism is released and the cord is automatically lengthened;
- Automatic. here you need to lower the speed, and then increase it again to the maximum: the spool will feed the thread when the speed increases.
The line trimmer drum is also refueled differently. In quick-charging machines, for refueling, there is a need to disassemble the coil, in ordinary ones. it is necessary to remove it and wind the cord manually. Different ways of changing the string are presented.
3 comments on “Which trimmer line is better: which one to choose?”
What kind of fishing line I didn’t use, they all tear like devils, to be honest I don’t know how to continue. Either they “slip in shit” or “fake.” Any shit. If anyone knows how and where to find a “contractual” system. This is a BIG QUESTION.
2.4. Star. This is if there is a desire to fall into the hay. And for grinding. round.
Curly cut more accurately. And the round ones throw around.
Some reels have a second method of securing the cord: you can charge 2 pieces of yarn instead of one folded in half. The line is replaced according to the following algorithm.
- Before you change or load a new thread into the spool, determine how many meters it will take using the method described above.
- One end of the cord Fold into a hook.
- Find the hole at the bottom of the bobbin for fixing the line, and insert the end of the thread bent in a loop into it.
- It is required to wind the cord according to the direction of the arrow to the required level, and not exceeding the coil diameter.
- Do the same for the second bobbin compartment.
- The assembly of the head does not differ in any way from the method that was given when it was considered threading the bobbin with a piece of line folded in half.
For Shtil lawn mowers, there is a very simple and quick way to change the line without disassembling the mowing head, which you can get acquainted with by looking at this.
The ends of the cord protruding from the holes in the casing can be cut to the desired length when the part is installed in the trimmer. This can be done in two ways:
- Turned on the trimmer (when rotating, the ends of the fishing line will be cut into a knife, fixed for THESE purposes on the protective cover)
- Cutting off the excess ends with scissors so that they DO NOT touch the casing body.
The second method is used if a large diameter cord had to be supplied, and the edging knife cannot shorten it.
If a charge was made to whine into the mowing head, but the length of the protruding ends of the cord is insufficient, then they must be lengthened before starting the machine. this applies to the head with manual adjustment. However, there are cases when using a semi-automatic mowing head, when, due to the insufficient length of the protruding ends of the cord, they do NOT automatically lengthen. In this case, it is necessary to turn off the unit (on electrical apparatus, it is imperative to unplug the plug from the socket), manually press the button located at the bottom of the part, and pull out a little line. After this procedure, the cord can again be extended due to centrifugal force, if you set the maximum spindle speed.
The thread does NOT hold
It happens that the thread is unwound if the spring in the semi-automatic head has weakened. The line is constantly extended and cut with a knife installed on the cover, which increases its consumption. To check this, remove the cover and turn on the unit. If the line “climbed”, you will need to replace the spring.
Trimmer head types
The grass slide head is a cylindrical body into which a coil (bobbin) is inserted with a line (cord) attached to it. This design can be installed on both gasoline and electric trimmers. The heads differ in the way of filling and feeding the cord, and there are 3 types.
- Automatic. The cord feed is performed after the user decreases the engine speed. Although the automatic line feed is convenient when a large amount of work is being done, such reels have one drawback. Great whining consumption.
- Semi-automatic. The use of this type of heads does not require complex manipulations from the user. Their principle of operation is designed so that the cord is automatically lengthened while the device is operating at full speed. It is enough to lightly tap the head of the trimmer to the ground (this removes the blockage of the cord), and the line is pulled out of the reel due to centrifugal force, after which it is cut to the required length using the located knife on the protective cover.
- Leadership. To lengthen the cord, you need to stop the machine and pull the line manually.
Based on the above, semi-automatic bobbins are the best option. It should also be borne in mind that single-wall trimmers (used only for cutting grass) and two-jet, which are used for mowing tall grass and small, thin-stemmed shrubs.
Line winding algorithm
Depending on which trimmer model is used, the type, thickness and length of the line are selected. The diameter of the cord can be from 1.2 to 4 mm. It is not difficult to guess that the thicker you fill the cord, the harder and thicker grass it is able to cut.
There are 3 ways to find out which line diameter you can use on your mower.
- View information on the thickness of the cord in the instructions for the device.
- Look at the bobbin itself. It can contain information about the possible diameters of the line.
- Insert the line into the outlet. If it easily passes into it, then a cord of this diameter can be used.
The line is wound on a reel in the mowing head. Therefore, you first need to open it (this was discussed above). There are 2 ways to wind the cord.
How to remove and disassemble a coil
Before starting the process of changing the cord, it becomes necessary for trimmer users to remove and disassemble the coil. Let’s see how to do it.
The trimmer mowing head consists of several parts: a cover, a spring (not on all models), a spool with a cord and a cover.
In trimmers, 2 options for mounting the mowing head are most often used.
No cord feed, coil does NOT spin
An automatic or semi-automatic head should feed the line without stopping the machine. But if She does not come out, then the reasons may be as follows:
- The line is not wound correctly in the spool, because of which the latter does NOT spin;
- The cord is wound unevenly, and the thread can get stuck between the turns (the thread should be wound neatly, turn to turn, without distortion)
- Too short thread ends come out of the holes, as a result of which there is not enough centrifugal force to extract them, and the line is NOT fed (it is recommended to always adjust the length of the cord by pulling it slightly before starting the unit)
- The fishing line is stuck together (will be discussed later).
How to catch more fish?
- Creates noise during work, therefore, for especially gentle consumers who DO NOT like to wear headphones, the manufacturer offers a round spiral line with reduced noise during operation;
- Despite its presence in all types of sizes, round line is not suitable for cutting shrubs and dead wood, its main purpose is young green grass.
Square or rectangular line:
- The main purpose. professional trimmers for haymaking on tall grass;
- The cut is made by the edges of the rectangle, as a result of which the mowing is smooth, without crushing the stems.
- Sizes. from 2.4 mm to 3.3 mm.
- High consumption when working on rocky areas, near hedges, trees. the line is quite fragile;
- Mainly used on powerful electric and gasoline trimmers.
- The main purpose is dry grass and small shrubs;
- Sizes from 2.4 mm to 3.0 mm;
- Some manufacturers make a two-component line to strengthen the line when there is a metal core inside the line;
Of the minuses, it should be noted:
- High and very high cost (line with a metal core)
- Requires a special trimmer coil or special disc;
- When mowing with such a line, it is not recommended to use the cut grass in the form of livestock feed.
Liner Winding Algorithm
The type, thickness and length of the mowing line are selected depending on the trimmer used. The diameter of the cord can be from 1.2 to 4 mm. It is easy to guess that the thicker you are.Fixing the cord, the heavier and thicker grass it can cut.
In most cases, a 2mm universal line is used.
There are 3 ways to find out which line diameter you can use on your mower.
- See the information about the thickness of the cord in the instructions for the device.
- Look at the bobbins. It may contain information on the possible diameters of the cutting line.
- Plug the line into a power outlet. If it easily goes into it, then you can use a cord of this diameter.
The line is wound on a reel located in the mower head. Therefore, it must first be opened (this was discussed above). There are two ways to wind the cord.
The first way
To correctly determine how many meters of line is required for a particular reel, it is necessary to screw it onto the bobbin so that the skein does NOT exceed the diameter of the sides. If the line sticks out over the edges of the spool, you will NOT be able to insert it into the casing. After you have decided on the length of the material, it must be threaded into the bobbin, so do the following.
- It is necessary to fold the fishing line in half, so that one end of it is 10-15 cm longer from the second.
- Please note that the bobbin is divided into 2 parts by a central border, from which charging begins. Find a groove on it and insert a cord into it, bent in half, put a little effort.
- It is very important to determine in which direction the line is wound onto the reel. If you look closely, you can find an arrow on the bobbin or an inscription with an arrow indicating in which direction the winding should be carried out. There are times when there is no arrow on the coil. In such a situation, you can look at the arrow drawn on the mowing head and wind the cord in the opposite direction.
- Winding should be done carefully, turn by turn, with maximum thread tension.
- After the laying of the cord is completed, you will first need to fix the short end of the fishing line, insert it into a groove of a suitable diameter on the side of the reel.
- The second end, the one that is longer, is attached in a groove on the opposite side of the bobbin.
- After fixing the fishing line, cut off its ends, leaving about 10 cm allowances.
- Next, you need to install the loaded bobbin into the mowing head. To do this, alternately insert and pull the thread into the outlet holes of the head, place the bobbin in the casing, then, applying the required force, Pull the fishing line out of the fixing grooves and tighten it.
- Now you can put on the cover and fix it with the latches.