The dynamic characteristics of the power unit will not reach their maximum until the operating temperature of the coolant rises to a value of 90 ° C. A cold engine is unable to quickly develop speed, for this the air-fuel mixture in the combustion chamber must be warmed up. Otherwise, the engine will stall, twitch and detonate.
Excessive clogging of the air filter reduces the amount of air that can pass through it into the combustion chambers, which causes the engine to decrease in power and its operation becomes uneven. A similar consequence causes a lack of fuel flow into the combustion chambers in the event of a malfunction of the fuel pump or difficulty in passing it along the highway or through fuel filters for various reasons.
All processes of a modern car are controlled by an electronic unit that collects sensor readings and, on the basis of the program incorporated into it, regulates the operation of the engine. The operation of the ECU can be changed by adjusting different modes of operation depending on the required consumption and type of fuel used, vehicle operating conditions and other characteristics. Malfunctions in the electronic unit or its incorrect setting can lead to both a loss of power and the inability to operate the engine itself.
The use of high-quality gasoline or diesel fuel is a guarantee of a long-term engine life and obtaining maximum power indicators from it. But none of the drivers is completely insured against refueling with low-quality fuel, the use of which threatens not only a significant decrease in power indicators, but also the inability to start the engine. Regular use of low-quality gasoline manifests itself in the intensive formation of carbon deposits on the cylinders, pistons, catalyst and in the exhaust manifold, as well as in increased wear of the cylinder-piston group.
10 reasons why the engine is not picking up speed
When operating a car with a gasoline or diesel engine, sometimes a situation arises when the expected increase in revolutions does not occur when the accelerator pedal is depressed. A serviceable power unit should immediately respond to an increase in the combustible mixture in the combustion chambers with an increase in the crankshaft speed, but if this does not happen, you need to look for a malfunction. It can be caused by both fairly simple and easily fixed things, and serious breakdowns.
Fuel system malfunctions
In the event of a malfunction in the power supply system of a gasoline engine, the loss of power is felt first. These include clogged fuel filters, interruptions in the operation of the fuel pump, power supply to the injectors and depressurization of the fuel line, due to which the engine feels a lack of fuel. In diesel engines, the most common malfunctions of the fuel equipment are wear of injectors and the fuel pump, depressurization of the fuel line, freezing of fuel in the fuel line and clogging of filters.
In modern engines, in order to achieve a combination of high dynamics and low fuel consumption, readings of various sensors are used that determine the position of the crankshaft, air flow, detonation in the combustion chamber, the composition of exhaust gases, the position of the air and throttle valves, and external temperature. The data from them goes to the engine ECU, and affects the mode of its operation. A malfunction of one or another sensor makes the operation of the power unit not optimal, which manifests itself in a loss of power.
The scooter is not gaining momentum: causes, diagnostics, troubleshooting
Are you here
The engine lacks power
Start the engine and turn the throttle up a little for observation.
If the speed does not increase as it should, then it may be
clogged air filter;
clogged gas filter;
faulty starting concentrator;
clogged or leaking rubber benzo and air pipes leading to the gas valve and carburetor.
Unscrew the candle,
check the color of the candle
Candle color is “wrong”
faulty or dirty candle;
inappropriate glow plug number;
piston problems. splashes with oil.
If there is no spark or it is weak
faulty or dirty candle;
broken or “shorted” wiring;
torn or “shorted” ignition coil;
interrupted or “shorted” inductive ignition sensor;
faulty ignition lock;
Check if the engine is overheating.
If yes, then it could be
too lean mixture;
poor quality gasoline;
strong carbon deposits in the combustion chamber;
early ignition time.
Check the compression in the cylinder.
If there is no compression or low (4-6 atm)
faulty petal valve. for 2t engines;
leakage through the crankcase, for example through the crankshaft seals. for 2t engines;
burnt or loose valves. for 4t engines;
torn cylinder head gasket;
burnt out or worn out piston and / or cylinder and / or rings;
crack in the cylinder head.
Check ignition timing.
If the ignition timing is Wrong
faulty switch (CDI);
generator rotor installed incorrectly.
Accelerate quickly or continue driving at high speed.
If the engine knocks (detonates)
too lean mixture;
strong carbon deposits in the combustion chamber;
poor quality gasoline;
the scooter does not gain momentum and does not travel more than 40
the moped does not travel more than 40, what to do:
Often many people ask what to do, the moped does not travel more than 40 and does not pick up speed from the spot. It’s simple if your Honda dio is not gaining momentum.
1) We change the candle to a new one, because it can be broken, changed it, tried it, did it work? Yes it’s good! No. bad, let’s move on! I also advise you to clean the cylinder head and piston from carbon deposits with sandpaper “0” (because of this, sometimes it pulls badly).
2) We clean the air filter.
How to properly clean the air filter. someone blows it in the hope that everything is fine, I will say right away you are wrong! The filter must be washed but not in water or soap! And in pure gasoline, after the washing procedure, grease the filter with oil and let it soak! Everything can be put!
3) Adjust the carburetor. read how to adjust the carburetor here.
4) Perhaps the muffler is clogged and needs to be cleaned. how to clean the muffler, read this article. (because of the clogged muffler, there are a lot of problems, mainly after cleaning the moped, it becomes unrecognizable!)
5) If it does not pull, then you need to change the variator belt and it is advisable to replace the variator rollers (we read about all this here, the rollers and the belt also affect the maximum speed)
6) Check the piston, it may be time to change the rings or replace the piston if necessary.
Send by e-mailWrite about this on the blogPublish to Post to
The scooter is not picking up maximum speed. the main reasons
If the scooter, immediately after the purchase, easily squeezed out its intended 60 kilometers per hour (we are talking about fifty kopecks), and over time began to gradually slow down at the maximum speed, you should not panic. Sometimes it is enough to determine the reason for this behavior of the scooter and return everything to its place within a few minutes.
It should be noted that some Chinese pseudo-fifty dollars, while new, easily accelerate to 70 or more km / h. Pseudo-, because usually there are not 49.9 cubes at all, but from 62 to 82cc. This is a deliberate step by Chinese engineers. Putting a larger piston does not entail any cash costs, but it significantly affects both dynamics and maximum speed. Such scooters are not supplied to Europe, since there is strict control over both quality and compliance with all major environmental and cubature standards.
But in the countries of the post-Soviet space, they are in great demand, due to their low price, large size and pleasant appearance (not always).
Chinese cubature scooters also have sufficient demand to be affected by the reason for the decline in maximum speed. Sometimes it happens that a Chinese scooter with an engine capacity of 150 cubic centimeters cannot accelerate more than 60-70 km / h. These are unacceptable indicators, which must be understood and corrected, which we will do next.
So, the main reasons that entail a decrease in maximum speed, and sometimes dynamics:
1) The variator belt has worn out by more than 1-1.5 mm, after which it cannot reach the maximum variator radius, and therefore there can be no talk of the maximum speed.
To understand this, take a look at the picture below.
The left cheek stands for the variator itself, the right cheek for the clutch. The side shows the location of the belt and rollers during all operating ranges of the scooter.
We are interested in top gear, in which the variator belt should be as close to the edge of the cheeks as possible.
If its width is below the permissible norms, it cannot do this, hence the maximum speed drops, sometimes up to 15 km per hour less than the norm (with severe wear of the belt). Therefore, it is important to periodically check the belt width with vernier calipers and, if worn up to 1.5 mm (ideally 1 mm), replace it with a new one. You can find all factory sizes of scooter belts on our website.
2) Wear on the variator rollers on the scooter will also reduce the maximum speed. There are two factors here. a decrease in the weight of the roller itself and a change in shape from round to square (triangular, it does not matter), when the roller does not roll out in the ditch, but simply slides in it.
Here are photos of the worn out rollers, which should not be allowed:
Further comparison with the new videos:
To avoid such situations, check the rollers for wear every 3-4 thousand km. Someone will say that they should last much longer, but this only applies to high-quality and branded spare parts made of durable material. They cost 5-6 times more expensive than ordinary Chinese ones, and they pass about as many times more. In my opinion, it is better to change periodically cheap videos for 5 than to buy branded ones for 30. However, for serious tuning, it is still better to pay attention to the quality.
3) Piston wear on a scooter is one of the most important factors in which both maximum speed and dynamics are reduced. The engine simply loses power and cannot reach its original performance. At the same time, the compression reading plays a key role in determining piston wear. It can be measured with a conventional automobile compression gauge at any service station. If these indicators are less than 7 atm, the piston and rings on the scooter engine must be replaced. In this case, it is better to immediately clean the windows in the cylinder from carbon deposits, as well as the cylinder head from the inside. Remove the old gaskets under the cylinder and head and replace them with new ones. Take seriously the replacement of the CPG, install the rings and the direction of the locks correctly.
It is important to get a proper break-in and not to overheat the scooter engine. When the parts of the cylinder. piston group have not worn down well enough, any loads can lead to overheating.
4) A clogged air filter on the scooter will significantly reduce engine power as it lacks air. At the same time, the mixture is enriched, there is no overheating. With constant driving on a rich mixture, the period of carbon formation in the engine decreases. In addition, fuel consumption increases, dynamics and top speed decrease. There is a black velvety coating on the electrodes of the candle.
5) A clogged muffler on a scooter (usually only on two-stroke scooters) greatly reduces engine performance, often a scooter cannot accelerate more than 30-40 kilometers per hour. This disgrace is treated by burning the muffler. I will not describe the whole process, we have already considered.
6) A dirty carburetor on a scooter on a scooter (of course, from the inside) cannot realize the correct supply of fuel to the combustion chamber, and will also prepare a mixture in the given proportions. In such conditions, reaching the maximum speed on a scooter is doubtful. To fix the problem, you need to remove the carburetor, then remove the float chamber cover, remove the float and shut-off needle. After that, you need to thoroughly rinse and blow out all the channels of the carburetor. You can use gasoline and a compressor, but not everyone can have such an expensive thing as a compressor at hand.
I use such a spray, I’m happy with the result:
You can find out more about how to properly clean the carburetor here.
8) Incorrectly adjusted scooter engine valves (only four-stroke scooter) can lead to engine overheating, reduced top speed, dynamics, poor idle performance. It is necessary to periodically check the valve clearance with a feeler gauge. Let me remind you that for the inlet it is 0.05 mm, for the outlet. 0.1 mm.
You can read detailed instructions on how to adjust the valves on a scooter here.
9) Any chokes and restrictions on the scooter prevent the engine from reaching maximum speed.
On Japanese and Chinese scooters with engine displacement up to 50 cc, the limiters are usually installed in the commutator. The switch does not allow the engine to spin more than a certain speed (usually 6500-7000), and the engine, which quickly and rapidly accelerates to 55-60 km per hour, suddenly stops abruptly and completely refuses to go faster.
In terms of driver safety and engine longevity, this is a huge plus. Increasing maximum engine speed always affects durability. In this case, the engine will last less, after which a major overhaul will be required. over, the service life is directly proportional to the maximum speed.
10) The gasoline with which you fill the scooter must only be of the brand specified by the scooter manufacturer.
11) Poor quality engine oil (in both two-stroke and four-stroke engines) may slightly reduce the maximum speed.
12) Wear of the crankshaft bearings on the scooter, the crankshaft itself, as well as the rest of the engine will also prevent it from spinning up to the required speed, therefore, the maximum speed will again not be reached.
13) Incorrectly adjusted carburetor on the scooter.
14) The heavy weight of the rider, riding with a passenger, driving against strong winds. all this can lower the maximum speed on the scooter, especially if the piston is already a little hooked. At the same time, under normal conditions, everything may be fine.
We examined the main malfunctions in which the scooter cannot reach those additional 10-15 km, which we sometimes lack. They can be present both singly and in a complex. I hope this article will help you in solving all these problems. If you have something to add or want to ask a question, share your experience or life story related to a scooter, write a comment and keep the conversation going. Good luck with the repair.
Why does the trimmer stall when you press the gas?
As you can see, there are many reasons why the trimmer can stall when you press the gas. That is why it is important to monitor the condition of your assistant, check the status of all systems of the mechanism in time.
Lever metal shears
During construction work, there are situations when it is necessary to cut sheet metal. To cope with this problem will help such a convenient tool as lever scissors, designed for curly and straight cutting. Their characteristics are described in this article.
Typically, conventional garden grass trimmers are used in conjunction with a line. But if you need to cut young growth of shrubs or trees or very tough grass, you cannot do without a disc trimmer. Read about trimmer discs in the article.
Many novice seamstresses pay a lot of attention to the choice of a sewing machine, thread and fabric, and at the same time completely forget about scissors. But high-quality scissors are among the basic tools of a tailor. Our article will tell you more about them.
Cosmetic procedures at home, skin rejuvenation, getting rid of cellulite. all this becomes possible thanks to natural loofahs that literally grow on the branches. What are the advantages of loofah sponges, what are the subtleties of their use and growing. in the article.
Ivan Kireev: shit
Igor Andreychin: Thanks for the competent review, everything is very clear and accessible !! I also took a Tatra Garden BCU-50 petrol cutter for myself, I have already passed the entire section twice, I am very happy with the choice! I advise everyone! I want to advise everyone else to buy such tools with a guarantee from the office. Since the saved UAH 200-300.
The brushcutter stalls when you press the gas
The trimmer stalls when you press the gas
Those who have lawns on their backyard know that a trimmer is a pretty useful thing that will help you quickly and efficiently tidy the lawn or clear weeds from heavily overgrown areas. And, like any mechanism, it also often fails due to various breakdowns. One of the most common complaints from device owners is that the trimmer stalls when you press the gas. We propose to understand the main reasons for this phenomenon and identify ways to solve the problem.
Why does the petrol trimmer stall
when buying. this is of course also money, but it can “come out sideways”
Oleksiy Berezovsky: it works for me, but only more grass, then it is not twisting but the motor is gaining speed what to do
Igor: Helped out, thanks!
92Valek: Thank you very much, I wanted to take the scythe to the master, removed this filter and started working even more powerful, thanks again
Mouse mongrel: stavte 4 prozenta (40cc) masla na liter benzina, i etoy polomki nikogda ne proizaydyot 🙂
ya 20 let rabotayu sadovnikom. obyazatelno polzuytes maslom dla 2 taktnova dvigatela
Evgeny Potkov: Thank you for sure the grid is clogged damn it suffered for a week, threw it out and all the rules!
Puppy TV: we have a problem; during operation, the mower itself picks up speed and stalls, what could it be?
Slavik Egorov: without this. complete video please upload
Bro dyaga: not gaining momentum. the net is clean and without the net the same help please
ARMENIA777nnn ARMENIA: I have a problem, after three. minute work the power drops, advise what realties.
Tovarsch Hren: Many thanks. I just have the same problem. =)))
Purgen Purgenov: is not gaining momentum. the mesh is clean and without the mesh it is the same
Zheka Master: I have such a problem, you jerk, jerk the starter not to start, then you make the throttle to the maximum and lift the filter flap up to the end and only then start (it works at idle) by 1 cm you lower the flap down, the revolutions grow. And if you lower the damper all the way down, then it stalls. The problem is precisely in the carburetor, because when I put the carburetor from another scythe everything is in order, so I wanted to know if it was possible to adjust its native carburetor.
sergey shchaslivy: good afternoon can your phone 0500253545
Sergey Mikheev: probably it happens, My neighbor is trying to mow near the garage, the engine at his scythe is not spinning, I tell him why you have no smoke, electric power, a joke, he took off the exhaust and the same story, the grid is clogged, threw it out and everything went like clockwork!
Top Reasons String Trimmer Not Starting — String Trimmer Troubleshooting
BOBAH SHARAPOV: less oil in gasoline
Roman Nikolsky: Guys, tell me, I bought a hamer, 2 horses, worked for an hour and began to start up, then there is no feeling of lack of power, as if something interferes, well, the candle gets wet, although after wiping it the motor works, but it stalls, does it work, but does not gain power how to fix this problem.
The instructions say that once a week you need to clean this mesh.
In general, this is a very common phenomenon.
sndvc: And all because the instructions must be read, everything is written there.!
Press CTRLD to add the page to the bookmarks
Why the engine is not picking up speed well
During the operation of a gasoline or diesel engine, the driver may be faced with the fact that when the gas is pressed, the engine does not pick up speed. Note that after installing LPG equipment on a car, such a problem often arises when the engine on gas does not pick up speed, although the car runs normally on gasoline. Malfunctions of various kinds can cover both fairly simple things and indicate the need for serious repair of the internal combustion engine. Next, we will consider why the diesel engine does not pick up speed or the gasoline engine refuses to spin up.
Why the motor is not picking up speed: from simple to complex
At the very beginning, we will consider simpler and more obvious faults. The set of revolutions while driving is strongly influenced by the feed efficiency, timeliness of ignition and the usefulness of combustion, as well as the composition of the fuel-air mixture.
A common reason when the engine does not pick up speed (injector, carburetor, diesel, gas car) is problems in the ignition system, as well as in the air and fuel supply systems. Experts point out the following:
- Heavy contamination of the air filter reduces the ability of air to penetrate the filter element, as a result of which the engine becomes uneven, the unit loses power and does not pick up speed. Also, a common cause of problems with the air supply can be that a foreign object (rags, plastic bag, etc.) may accidentally become in the air filter housing.
- You should also pay attention to the suction of excess air at the intake as a result of various defects in the intake system. The problem can appear both unexpectedly and gradually progress. Note that the motor usually does not pick up speed in the event of a strong air leak. The fact is that in the composition of the fuel-air mixture, the normal ratio of air to fuel in such a situation deviates significantly from the norm. The mixture turns out to be very “poor” (a lot of air and a minimum of fuel). On such a charge, the engine starts, but does not gain momentum while driving, and also works intermittently.
- A similar picture can be observed when the required amount of fuel is not supplied to the unit. The culprit may be the fuel filter, which can also become very clogged. Note that there may be no problems with starting the engine, since there is enough fuel for the XX mode. In parallel with this, while driving, the car may jerk, react to pressing the gas pedal with a long delay, dips may occur when accelerating, or the unit may not spin above any mark on the tachometer.
- A dirty filter mesh of the gasoline pump can lead to similar symptoms. On the specified filter, deposits from the fuel tank tend to accumulate over time. As a result, the fuel pressure in the system becomes insufficient, the pump performance drops, and the motor itself is not able to operate normally in different modes. It often happens when the engine picks up speed and stalls precisely because of a clogged grid.
Now let’s talk about problems that may require certain knowledge, skills and equipment for diagnostics, and also be a reason for a visit to a car service. To begin with, this list of faults usually includes those when the engine does not pick up speed due to the failure of any element of the ECM, ignition system, power supply, etc. In other words, we are no longer talking about “consumables” (candles, wires, filters, pipes), but about details. In parallel with this, it should be considered whether the breakdown occurred unexpectedly or the malfunction progressed gradually.
- One of the reasons may be knocked down timing phases. Violations of the synchronous operation of the gas distribution mechanism relative to the intake and exhaust strokes lead to the fact that the intake and exhaust valves do not open in time. The malfunction occurs as a result of errors during the replacement of the timing belt, if the specified timing belt has jumped one tooth or more teeth. Also, the cause may be incorrectly adjusted valves (the problem does not manifest itself sharply), various malfunctions in the systems for changing the valve timing, breakdown of the timing chain drive, etc.
- Unexpected breakdowns include the failure of the ignition module, as well as malfunctions of the ignition coils. In this case, cylinder misfires begin, the engine troit and loses its ability to gain speed normally.
- In situations with engine speed, the power supply of the injection nozzles should be checked. If there are problems with the wiring, then the control signal is not supplied to the injector or is intermittently received. As a result, the injector does not open in a timely manner, misfires occur in one or more cylinders, the engine does not pick up the required speed and loses power.
- A fuel pump or fuel injection pump on diesel engines may fail. This malfunction usually does not occur immediately (unless the electrical wiring to the pump is damaged). Much more often, the drop in pump performance occurs gradually. Sooner or later, the pump will start pumping fuel very weakly, the pressure will be enough only for operation in the XX mode. An increase in load and speed will lead to the fact that the engine may stall under load, not spin up, etc.
- In some cases, severe contamination of the injector itself leads to similar results. Driving on poor quality fuel, as well as ignoring the necessary injector cleaning procedure every 30-40 thousand kilometers traveled may mean that the performance of one or more fuel injectors has dropped significantly.
- The engine speed can also be affected by the status of the EGR system, the throughput of the catalyst or particulate filter. As for the second case, exhaust gas evacuation worsens through a clogged catalyst, the engine literally “suffocates” and is not able to pick up normal speed.
- In parallel, it is necessary to check various sensors of the electronic engine management system. Their incorrect operation can affect the composition of the mixture, that is, the amount of fuel and air supplied to the internal combustion engine. These sensors include DPDZ, DMRV and a number of others.
Frequent malfunction: the engine does not pick up speed and what should the driver do
If the engine stopped gaining speed, then the first step is to analyze when and how it manifested itself. In other words, the unit stopped spinning unexpectedly, or the problem with a set of revolutions gradually progressed. You should also pay attention to the presence or absence of other symptoms.
The fact is that the failure of a previously serviceable engine to gain momentum after carrying out any repairs or other manipulations may simply be the result of assembly errors, an unconnected sensor, etc. In such cases, the malfunction can be determined faster and more accurately after an independent inspection or an immediate return of the vehicle to the service, where the car was previously repaired.
What is the bottom line
Considering that there are a lot of reasons for problems with a set of revolutions on a modern car, it is optimal to immediately connect the car to diagnostic equipment (scanner) to search for possible errors. This is especially necessary to do in the case when the engine does not pick up speed and the check on the dashboard is lit.
Such failures are associated with a software failure in the operation of an electronic device. The ECU mistakenly assumes low speed (for example 2-3 thousand rpm) for the so-called “cut-off” speed and stops the fuel supply. In other words, the conditional protection against exceeding the permissible number of maximum engine speed is triggered prematurely.
Finally, I would like to add that timely cleaning of the injector, replacement of spark plugs and ignition wires, filters and filter elements of the fuel pump, cleaning the throttle valve, correct throttle adjustment and a number of other service procedures will allow you to get the maximum power from your internal combustion engine. As for cars with LPG equipment, not only the engine power and its gas revolutions, but also the overall service life of the power unit will depend on the correct installation and adjustment, as well as on the timely replacement of filters and maintenance of other elements of gas equipment.
Spark plug problems
With continuous operation, the spark plugs become dirty and worn out over time. To check this, they are removed and inspected for carbon deposits. The problem can be eliminated in two ways: if possible, restore the old candle, or simply replace it with a new one.
In the first case, they act like this:
- unscrew and wipe the spark plug from the fuel;
- dry it without calcining;
- using a file or fine sandpaper, remove carbon deposits from the candle and check the gap between the electrodes (should be 1 mm);
- collect trimmer;
- start a petrol cutter.
If the candle does not emit a spark after recovery manipulations at the desired distance between the electrodes, then you will need to check the quality of the connections of the electrical circuit elements of the device. When the wires are in complete order, you will need to unambiguously install a new part.
Replacing candles is a simple process that is cheap, and if you can restore old ones, it is generally free. For work, you only need a candle wrench and a file.
If there is a regular rapid pollution and wear of the candles, then you need to look for the problem of these abnormal phenomena deeper.
Dirty air or fuel filter
Another common cause of reduced trimmer rpm is a dirty trimmer air or fuel filter. In the first case, the problem is that the fuel-air mixture entering the combustion chamber is not sufficiently saturated with oxygen, as a result, not all gasoline is burned out. This prevents the brushcutter from developing its maximum power.
In order to check whether the air filter is really to blame, you need to remove it (after unscrewing the cover for this) and turn on the petrol cutter. If it works normally, then instead of the clogged filter element, insert a new one.
If the situation has not changed after the actions taken, then you need to pay attention to the fuel filter. The essence of the problem is similar to the previous case, only instead of a lack of oxygen, little gasoline is supplied for the normal operation of the device. This problem can also be eliminated by simply replacing the filter element. Air and fuel filters are inexpensive. It is easy to change them yourself, and the whole work does not take much time.
It should be borne in mind that it is forbidden to operate the trimmer without a fuel filter, otherwise it will be necessary to repair the piston unit after a short time.
Common reasons for the operation of a petrol cutter at low speeds
The problem, when the brushcutter does not pick up speed, occurs mainly with gasoline units. This affects the equipment of various models, for example, Husqvarna, Champion, Stihl.
Such problems are less common with high-quality products than with cheap ones from unknown manufacturers.
Some of the structural elements with which problems may be associated are available for visual inspection, and to check the functioning of the remaining units, you will need to disassemble the brushcutter.
Why is the rpm drop on the trimmer?
This common problem has a variety of different causes. While working with the device, you can encounter both obvious malfunctions, the signs of which are clearly traced, and asymptomatic cases. The first option is the simplest from the point of view of finding a problem. If the trimmer does not pick up speed, and there are no clear signs of breakdowns, then you will need to consistently check the most typical cases of malfunctions, and if the cause is found, eliminate it.
Failure in the fuel circulation system
Violation of the normal circulation of fuel on the trimmer also leads to the fact that the brushcutter does not pick up working speed. This can be due to the following main reasons:
- air leaks, which are caused by cracks in the hoses;
- clogging of the gasoline pump, which occurred due to the use of low-quality fuel or due to the formation of sediment at the bottom of the tank and getting it into the system;
- dirty muffler or catalyst.
To troubleshoot the considered problems yourself, you need to do the following:
- go over the gas pump, removing dirt;
- replace pipes and hoses through which fuel circulates;
- clean the muffler and the mesh on it;
- put in a new catalyst, which is expensive due to the precious metal content.
All work on troubleshooting the fuel circulation system can be done independently. But it should be done carefully so as not to lose details, or after assembling the braid there are no “extra”.
If everything is in order with the fuel, filters and spark plug, then the next source could be a gasoline engine. He may have the following mechanical failures:
- carburetor problems;
- problems with the drive mechanism of the engine.
There is a small cable in the carburetor section. It can subside and lead to the problem in question. Therefore, when dealing with the carburetor, you should first check the condition of the cable, and, if necessary, tighten it (but not to the limit). The main thing is not to overdo it with a stretch, so that it does not crack under load.
Then you need to check the operational settings of the carburetor, which must correspond to the parameters given in the instructions. If they are installed correctly, but there is no desired effect, then the part should be disassembled, rinsed, cleaned, pumped through all its strokes and assembled back. The carburetor itself must be free of mechanical damage.
If it is impossible to independently restore the performance of the carburetor, it is better to replace it with a new part or resort to the services of professionals.
In the event that adjusting or replacing the carburetor does not give the desired result, it is necessary to clean the drive mechanism and lubricate the cable inside it with oil.
Engine problems can be eliminated with your own hands if you have the required skills, but it is better to use the services of a service center for this. Its specialists will carry out a comprehensive diagnostics of the trimmer and establish the exact cause of the drop in speed.
Possible causes of a problem with electric streamers
When using the trimmer, on which the electric motor is installed, problems with a set of revolutions also occur. But they are caused by completely different problems, compared to the fuel streamers. The electric motor does not develop the required rotation speed in such cases:
- if the voltage in the supply network is lower than the rated value for the electric motor by more than 10%;
- in case of malfunctions in the soft start system (if this unit is installed);
- when there are problems with the brush assembly;
Electric scythe brush unit
- in the event of a burn out of the engine windings;
- if wedging of rotating parts occurs.
To eliminate the problem with the voltage, you need to check its value with a multimeter or tester in the outlet from which the electric power is taken. If it is less than the minimum permissible value, then to increase it, you will need to turn off all electrical appliances or install a stabilizer.
A prerequisite for the normal operation of the trimmer is the use of an extension cord with a cross-section of conductors corresponding to the power of the streamer motor.
To repair the soft starter, you will need to have the appropriate knowledge in electronics, so it is better to contact a service center. There they will decide on its maintainability or the need to replace it. You can check the button yourself or find the block diagram and try to figure it out.
Soft starter block
How to Fix a Trimmer That Won’t Start!
The brushes may wear out and contact will be lost as a result, causing the motor to stall. The brushes are easy to replace. The features of the process are determined by the applied brushcutter model. Along the way, you will also need to clean all contacting surfaces.
If the windings are burnt, if you continue to mow grass or bushes, the electric motor will quickly burn out. This will be accompanied by the appearance of a burning smell, up to the melting of individual parts. You will need to replace the electric motor.
Wedging of rotating parts occurs for various reasons. To identify and eliminate them, you will need to sort out the drive unit. There are models in which the number of revolutions is automatically adjusted depending on the load, increasing with its increase. at idle, the rotation speed drops.
The video shows an algorithm of actions to identify the most common reasons why the trimmer does not pick up the required speed:
Low quality fuels
The trimmer does not develop revs if filled with low quality fuel. For this reason, the engine may not start at all or work “jerky”, changing the speed of rotation of the knife or fishing line.
To independently determine the quality of the gasoline used, perform the following steps.
- The candles are removed with a special key.
- Examine their working contacts for the presence of a red brick-colored plaque: if there is one, then the fuel used contains significant inclusions of additives.
Candles in general often act as indicators to identify problems with the combustion chamber of a gasoline engine, because they can be quickly removed and inspected.
If a deposit is found, it is necessary to drain the fuel poured into the tank and replace it with a quality one. The used petrol brush should be filled only with those brands of gasoline that are indicated by the manufacturers in the operating instructions. It is also imperative to clean the candles from plaque before reinstalling.
The petrol cutter stalls when you press the gas, how to fix a breakdown
Likewise, when the throttle is pressed, the tool stalls because the actuator is clogged. Another option is also possible: the fuel is not supplied in full, so you need to check or replace the fuel filter. Other possible reasons for a stalled brushcutter when you give gas are:
- Crankshaft oil seals suck in air;
- A spacer that is located between the carburetor and the cylinder in a “problem” situation;
To all these reasons for which the mechanism stalls when gas is added, we will add some useful recommendations for handling the brushcutter. First of all, before starting work with any technique, you need to read the instructions. In this case, the consistency of gasoline and oil plays an important role, it is competently prepared by you, and also not to overheat the unit, and not to leave gasoline for the winter when you simply will not use the car.
The well-coordinated work of all its components plays an important role in the full-fledged work of any tool. And if in one it is a line for a brushcutter, then in the other there is a piston or a carburetor. Owners of brushcutters who want to use their tool at full capacity need to understand that under a load that the machine’s capabilities are not designed for, the entire mechanism or its individual parts can simply break down. Therefore, only competent and moderate operation presupposes long-term efficient operation of any gasoline-powered tool.
Why the brushcutter stalls
Before figuring out why any of the tools of a summer resident-gardener or a professional working with a brushcutter (petrolcutter) stalls, it is worth distinguishing between two main situations when this happens. The first is when the instrument does not start after you have just made the purchase, and the second is when the instrument is in use. So, let’s look at both.
- After launch. The petrol cutter stalls if the carburetor is set incorrectly or if it has been adjusted. Fuel is supplied unevenly, respectively, there are distinct vibrations.
- When heated. The situation when the mechanism starts and works, but gradually “chokes” and stalls on the move. when gasoline boils in the carburetor, or the damper in the carburetor is not disc, but rotary. In such cases, it is better to replace the carburetor itself. There is a variant of air leakage. when the coil or wire in the ignition is broken.
- At high revs. This also occurs from the adjustment of the carburetor or clogging of the cap on the gas tank. It is worth trying working with a slightly open valve. Be sure to check the fuel intake hose. it may be cracked or poorly attached to the base.
- Not gaining momentum. As the main reason why the engine does not pick up speed, the air filter is clogged. It is possible for the cable to fall off in the carburetor, breakdown of the carburetor and the occurrence of problems with the mechanics of the motor drive.
There are times when a part of the mechanism requires mandatory replacement, so we are always happy to offer spare parts for petrol cutters. It is important to understand that sometimes saving on minor elements can lead to breakdown of such global components as the carburetor or engine. Therefore, competent operation and timely replacement of the necessary particles will provide you with a full-fledged work with pleasure.
Trimmer stalls at idle. reasons and solutions
- heating of the gearbox and a drop in revolutions on the drum as a result of the gasoline solution not being prepared quite correctly. The required proportion is 1: 4;
- contamination of the carburetor;
- the throttle valve is clogged;
- when the damper is opened (if such an experiment was carried out), the air flow makes the mixture “lean”;
- adjusting the carburetor;
- clogged air filter;
Insufficient amount of fuel, which is needed for the operation of the gasoline-powered tool, will entail a situation when at high speeds, with an increase, the trimmer works, and at idle it stalls. In a situation with a carburetor, the device will stall on cold start and “hot”. For any brushcutter user. a professional and an amateur, it is important to understand that any malfunction of the tool may depend on fine detachment of the part, detachment of the fastener or clogging, as well as on the global breakdown of an important part of the mechanism.
Despite all sorts of malfunctions, your device still needs such an indispensable component as brushcutter knives, without which the operation of the scythe is simply impossible.!
The benzokos won’t start for a hot reason
The benzokos won’t start for a hot reason
When the air damper is opened
It happens that the unit stalls when the air damper is opened, normally idling. This is due to air leaks in the system, caused by cracks in the fuel hose or problems with the oil seals. The carburetor dosing system may also malfunction, while the brushcutter will stop after opening the damper.
Fuel hose in carburetor
All possible reasons that the petrol brush stalls, and how to eliminate them, are contained in the following video
There are many reasons for stopping the brushcutter, but the most common malfunctions associated with its carburetor. They can arise in any case. The most problematic option is when a serious breakdown occurs, and you need to purchase new parts or change the petrol cutter.
In order for the trimmer to work normally for a long time, you must strictly follow the instructions for use. It is necessary to fill the unit with a suitable fuel mixture, the unit should operate at moderate load.