Adjusting the carburetor chainsaw Makita affects the performance of the device, the quality of work. To properly set up the working unit of the equipment, it is important to: understand its principle of operation, have the necessary tools, take care of the fasteners, as well as the closely located elements responsible for the operation of the chainsaw.
Makit’s chainsaw carburetor works on the same principle as carburetors manufactured by other manufacturers. This important detail is responsible for mixing fuel with air. So that with the operation of the device, there were no problems adjustment of Makit’s chainsaw is carried out. It will help to protect the equipment motor.
Due to the adjustment you can:
- eliminate the risk of creating a “lean” mixture with the carburetor;
- minimize the risks of creating a supersaturated mixture, which adversely affects the operation of the engine, causing rapid wear.
If you need a new carburetor for Makit’s chainsaw (you will be setting up, focusing on the standard instructions), choose the one that is identical in structure to the original.
- The basis of the basics is the air passage tube, which is connected to the flap (in the middle). The location of this part affects the amount of air that goes to the engine during operation.
- Diffuser. Identifying it is not difficult, with careful consideration of the components of the carburetor. This part looks like a narrow tube, the main function of which is to adjust the flow rate of the air flow.
- Channel supplying fuel from the float chamber (connected to the jet).
- A separate design that stands out from the others is a float chamber that looks like a standard tank for fuel liquids.
The adjustment of the carburetor of the Makita chainsaw is carried out with a set of adjusting screws, which are located in the body of this design:
- screw marked L. adjusts low speed;
- screw marked H, due to his adjustment of high speed;
- screw T for setting the carburetor idle.
- The engine is left to warm up (run the chainsaw for 10 minutes).
- Check the air filter and clean this part.
- Stopping the chain by turning the screw with T marking (turn it to the stop).
Perform the following setup:
- place the chainsaw on a flat surface;
- removing the chain, set aside.
To diagnose the problems of the carburetor using a tachometer.
Important! Masters are advised to listen to the sound that screws produce when turning. A “screeching” sound may indicate a glut.
Carry out the adjustment of the carburetor chainsaw in two stages:
- basic phase (engine on);
- the second stage is to perform when the engine is warm.
Important! Some tuning steps need to be adjusted, depending on the model of the Makit chainsaw. In order to do everything right, read the instructions.
Standard algorithm of actions:
- Turn the screws to adjust the high and low turns to the stop (turn clockwise).
- At the time of the meeting of resistance, make a half turn back.
Screw with marking T, move in a clockwise direction. Let it go only when the engine starts to work stably. At the same time, keep in mind that the chain should not move at this stage.
What should I do if during engine idle setting the engine turns off? In this case, it is important to quickly turn the screw until it stops (turn it clockwise). If manipulation causes the chain to move, the adjustment screw is rotated slowly to its previous position.
To do this, you need to speed up the work of the chainsaw. Start the engine at maximum speed to objectively evaluate its performance. When you click on the accelerator, the rotation speed should reach about 15 thousand revolutions per minute. This indicator indicates that the carburetor setting was successful.
If you cannot achieve such an indicator at high revs, and acceleration is slow, you need to adjust the carburetor again, working only with a screw bearing the L marking. Rotate it counterclockwise. At the same time, the screw must be rotated slowly so that the rotation does not exceed 1/8 of the full rotation.
If an opposite problem arises and the maximum rotation figures must be reduced to 15 thousand, the screw marked with the letter H must be rotated. Rotate it slowly, slowly in the direction opposite to the clockwise movement.
Reducing the speed to the optimal value will reduce the risk of engine wear.