Choosing a phone protection tool
Today, a smartphone is a thing of prime necessity. And probably everyone is familiar with dark spots and small scratches appearing on the display. Therefore, many manufacturers offer a number of accessories that not only perform a decorative function, but also protect it from the occurrence of various types of damage. Next, we consider in more detail each of these accessories.
Sometimes manufacturers themselves apply a special film to the surface of the screen for safety reasons.
Important! If such a coating was applied thermally, then it does not require replacement. Therefore, you can not worry about purchasing additional accessories.
The disadvantage of the factory coating is that it does not withstand heavy loads on the display, respectively. eventually you will have to stick a new one over the old film. It looks pretty ridiculous, and the display does not always respond to your tasks.
Such accessories are mainly made of special silicone. Their huge advantage is that the phone is protected from all sides, while not losing its functionality. The disadvantages include a loose fit, due to which debris and dust fall into it, as well as the lack of a full cooling mode, so the device is prone to overheating.
Important! Sometimes protective covers can also be made of plastic. Basically, they perform a more decorative function than preventing scratches. In the case of a fall, the cover is useless. Alternatively, to give your gadget a unique design, you can make such a means of protection with your own hands. To help you, we offer our workshops:
- Do-it-yourself jeans cover.
- Leather case.
- DIY phone case decor ideas.
The film to protect the phone screen from scratches is made mainly of polyurethane or other material that is not subject to various damage.
Important! The main feature of this coating is that it takes all possible damage. In addition, fingerprints do not remain on high-quality film.
Today, protective films come in several forms:
- Matt Its use avoids sun glare and fingerprints. The disadvantages include a rather strong deterioration in the brightness and quality of the image on the screen.
Important! When choosing a matte film, pay attention to the fact that it has the property of distorting the image on the screen.
- Mirror. It is used much less often than matte. According to external indicators, such a film is much more advantageous, since the top layer is absolutely reflective, and this effect disappears only after turning on the phone display. Despite the fact that this accessory has rather high protective properties, it quickly gets dirty and fingerprints remain on the surface.
- Glossy. This is the most common type of film. It is quite simple, and at a budget price. Nevertheless, the glossy film has a fairly high protective properties and it is almost invisible on the screen. The image of the image is not distorted.
Important! If you do not know which is better. a film or glass on a smartphone, it should be borne in mind that the film does not take a hit during a fall. Therefore, in this case, your phone is not protected.
Video: Can I Cut Protective Glass For Smartphone
Protective or tempered glasses have appeared on the smartphone accessories market relatively recently, but, nevertheless, are actively gaining popularity. Tempered glass received such a demand among buyers due to its cheapness, as well as protecting the screen from falling and scratches.
In addition, such a glass takes a hit, so if it falls, it will break, but not the screen. The thickness of such an accessory does not exceed 0.2-0.3 millimeters, but despite this, it is very hard. This protective coating is almost invisible, fingerprints do not remain on it, it does not distort the image and responds well to touch.
The only drawback of tempered glass is that it increases the weight of the phone.
Important! When choosing the best protective glass for your smartphone, pay attention to the fact that it is made exclusively for a specific model or series of phones, taking into account the location of the speaker, microphone and camera. If it does not fit your device, you will have to purchase a new accessory, since the protective glass cannot be sharpened or cut.
In addition, tempered glass may have a different surface texture. Which protective glass is better. frosted and glossy? It should be borne in mind that the choice of texture does not affect the overall protective properties. Accordingly, you get a model that is convenient for yourself, which will also meet your taste preferences. For example, matte reflects colors more on a sunny day, but is susceptible to graininess.
If you cannot decide which accessory you need, then in this case glass is the best option. This is due to the fact that the film, case and factory cover protect the screen only from small scratches, but from a strong blow and drop, unlike glass, no.
What tempered glass to choose for the phone?
In order to choose a high-quality protective coating for your gadget, it is very important to pay attention to the following points before purchasing it:
- Claimed strength. Most often, it is measured on the Mohs scale, which determines the ability of a glass to withstand impacts and scratches. The most reliable is 9H. Therefore, carefully study the information and do not purchase glass with an indicator below the indicated.
- Always pay attention to the thickness of the protective layer. It is desirable that it be not less than 0.33 mm.
- Try to purchase products with an oleophobic coating, as fingerprints do not remain on it.
Important! For modern smartphones, not only external protection is important, but also internal. Therefore, be sure to choose the best antivirus for your phone using our tips.
How to stick a protective film or glass?
In order to stick a protective film or glass on the phone screen, you do not need to contact professionals, as you can deal with this yourself. Before you begin, you should determine how to fix this accessory. To date, the most popular options for fixing such a coating are:
- Special glue applied to the surface.
- Silicone coating. It is the most popular, since this method of attachment is very easy and reliable.
The procedure for applying a protective coating to the surface of the phone screen is as follows:
- First, the screen must be cleaned of dust and various contaminants. It is best to use a special liquid and a lint-free cloth for these purposes.
- After the display has been cleaned, wipe it with a microfiber cloth.
- First attach the film or glass to the surface of the screen in order to check the correspondence of the buttons and the holes for them.
- Remove the protective layer from the plastic, gently lower it to the surface of the screen, while focusing on the buttons, speaker and camera.
Important! If you nevertheless glued the protective coating crookedly, it can be carefully removed and fixed.
- After the film or glass has been adhered, small air bubbles may form on the surface. You can remove them with a thick cardboard or bank card. To do this, just drag it along the surface of the screen at an angle. Movements should go from the center to the edge. this way the excess air will come out, and the coating will fit snugly.
Important! Very often tempered glass is sold immediately complete with special wipes for pre-cleaning and preparing the screen.
If you still doubt whether it is necessary to glue the protective glass on a smartphone or film, remember that your gadget is not safe from falls and other damage. Therefore, it is better to protect it initially than contact service centers and spend fabulous money on repairing your “friend”.