Chainsaw Stihl MS 180 is used to prepare a stock of firewood in private houses and small farms, beautifying the garden plot, pruning shrubs, it can clear the site and perform a variety of work at various levels of complexity, including felling trees and cutting wood. It is a multifunctional device. Also, you can use and different nozzles for repair and construction work.
The device of the chainsaw Stihl 180 is notable for simplicity. The developers made a lot of efforts to ensure that the home appliance had all the advantages of a professional model and was available to beginners in this field. The design features allow the device to be operated by users with different levels of training:
- Scheme carburetor chainsaw Stihl 180 makes it possible to adjust the node independently, using a specially designed screw.
- The design allows the use of tires of different sizes. A regular, provided by the manufacturer, tire on a Stihl 180 chainsaw is fourteen inches, if necessary, you can set the model to sixteen inches. This feature makes it possible to improve performance.
- The two-stroke single-cylinder engine runs on a mixture consisting of only two components. gasoline and oil, the choice of which should be treated as responsibly as the quality and service life directly depends on this.
- To start the engine will need to pull the starter wire.
Structural parts chainsaws “Stihl MC 180”.
- Engine and starter.
- Ignition module and clutch.
- Flywheel (acts as a cooling element).
- Brake system of a saw chain.
- Air filter and replaceable filter elements.
- Fuel (250ml.) And oil (145ml.) Tanks.
- Chain tension adjustment mechanism.
- Handles of management.
Chainsaw “Stihl МС 180”. specifications.
Chainsaw Stihl MS 180 has the characteristics that correspond to the easy class. It is equipped with small-volume tanks, while it is lightweight. 3.9 kilograms. Engine power of two horsepower or 1500W, easily copes with any tasks.
“Stihl 180”. Chainsaw malfunction and repair.
Among the common damage Stihl 180, as well as other models of chainsaws, include the following:
- Worn drive sprocket, in view of aggressive and frequent use.
- Broken starter cord.
- No spark in the spark plugs.
- Leak in the lubrication system that feeds the oil to the circuit.
- Air leaks into the engine crankcase through the glands.
- A breakdown in the carburetor leads to a cessation of fuel supply.
How to start a chainsaw “Stihl 180”?
If you do not know how to start a Stihl 180 chainsaw “on the cold”, you should strictly follow the recommendations and requirements of the manufacturer, following the algorithm:
- Turn on the ignition (how to turn on the ignition on a Stihl 180 chainsaw, as shown in the instrument passport).
- Install the control lever at the lowest point (thus, the carburetor damper will block the air from the filter, and the throttle will be fully open, and the fuel mixture can be enriched).
- Pull the starter handle, this must be done several times before the first flash passes. It signals that the mixture has entered directly into the cylinder, and your unit is ready to start.
- Now you can move the lever up one section, while the throttle valve will remain in the same position, and the air valve will open.
- You have to pull the starter. In this case, the Stihl MS 180 chainsaw will operate at elevated speeds.
If you need to install the damper in idle mode, pull the gas trigger and release it immediately. After that, the device will turn back to normal.
How to dilute gasoline for chainsaw “Stihl 180”?
Most of the owners saw this model, wondering what kind of gasoline to pour into the Stihl 180 chainsaw and what proportions with oil should be respected. The best option is the ratio of 1/50, which means that for five litres of the finished mixture, you will need only 100 millilitres of oil.
How to mix gasoline with oil?
Extend the lifespan of the Stihl MS 180 chainsaw using high-quality, properly prepared fuel mixture. Quite often, this model uses gasoline brand AI-2 or AI-95. Please note that only non-leaded gasoline is allowed, which can protect the engine from premature breakdowns.
How to adjust the carburetor on the chainsaw “Stihl 180”?
The device configuration is designed for users with different experience with this equipment. Cleaning, replacement or repair will not be difficult for you, as it is quite easy to disassemble the carburetor on the Stihl 180 chainsaw.
You will be able to independently flush the machine, change the gaskets and the needle valve, for which you will need to disassemble the Stihl 180 carburetor. To do this, unscrew the four screws located on the compensator cover, and also unscrew one on the fuel pump. After you have opened the body of the unit, it is worth being extremely attentive, since even ingress of small litter and even hairs can make the work of this node impossible.
Features running a chainsaw “Stihl 180”.
If you chose the model of the presented brand, then immediately after the purchase a question arises. how to break in a new chainsaw Stihl 180? First of all, this process involves checking and preparing the tool for everyday use.
- You will need to handle the engine, as well as the elements of rotation with a special lubricant.
- After the oil added to gasoline, the entire piston group on the Stihl 180 chainsaw is subjected to careful processing.
- Please note that you need to let each element be lubricated first in the idle and then in the working stroke.
- It is important that the oil for the Stihl 180 chainsaw be original, you should not try to save, as this may lead to rapid wear or accumulation of waste.
- It should be noted that the mark of the octane number must be at least ninety points.
- Try to take breaks to prevent equipment from overheating. Acceptable progas, which are typical for both idle and working mode.
The Stihl MS 180 chainsaw, which passport is extremely simple and understandable, can be fully serviced by the user, but at the same time, if you do not have the necessary experience or you are not confident in your abilities, consult a specialist. Skilled artisans not only roll in the unit but also replace the filter for the Stihl 180 chainsaw, candles and other components.