Many owners of garden mowers are baffled by the question of replacing the fishing line in the trimmer head. Sometimes it turns into a whole problem, which can render not only the tool inoperative but also the mower man.
To prevent such a situation, we will examine in stages the process of replacing the line in the nozzle.
- Remove the nozzle from the gearbox. To do this, it is necessary to combine the side hole of the lower curly washer and the notches on the axis, insert a screwdriver, and secure the shaft from scrolling. Then you can unscrew the nozzle. It should be remembered that the thread on the shaft has a left-hand thread; accordingly, it is necessary to unscrew the element by turning it to the right.
- The next step is to disassemble the casing of this site. Typically, the cover is fastened through the slotted holes with clips. To open it you need to drown the clips into the case and press the edges of the cover. If the nozzle has an automatic or semi-automatic mode of feeding the fishing line. it means that there is a spring inside that can fly out during disassembly. Therefore, we hold all the parts with our free hand and carefully lay them on the surface.
- Now we take the line, measure out 5 meters, and cut off this piece. It is not recommended to wind the cord, the diameter of which is larger than the value specified in the instrument manual. Otherwise, you can get an increase in engine load and increased fuel consumption. We fold the line in half to find the middle and get such a “loop.”
- On the coil, in its middle part there are two notches located opposite each other (there may be holes instead of notches). We hook on the “loop” in one of the grooves and begin to wind the line counterclockwise. If the coil has two compartments, then the winding goes separately for each branch of the fishing line. Leave the last 15-20 cm of cord-free and clamp both ends through the notches in the upper part of the coil.
- Assemble the feed elements (spring and washer) in the nozzle and output the free ends of the fishing line to the holes in the case. We put on a cover, having latched clamps in the corresponding grooves. After this, we extend the free run of the cord.
- It remains to screw the nozzle into place, acting similar to the first stage. Only now, to twist the element, it is necessary to move it counterclockwise.
Such a simple instruction will help you to quickly replace the trimmer fishing line, without spending much effort to find other solutions.