Choosing engine oil for Nissan X-Trail, one must proceed from the optimal viscosity and tolerance parameters that are indicated in the car manual or on the original lubricant label. In addition, before changing the oil, you need to know not only the parameters, but also the amount of oil to be filled. Having studied the operation manual, and having understood all the documentation, you can begin to change the oil. Consider the basic information on choosing oil for the Nissan X-Trail engine.
- 1 Replacement intervals
- 2 How much oil to fill
- 3 Types of Oils
- 4 Oil selection by brands and parameters
Nissan X-Trail is a mid-size SUV made from high quality components. Expensive spare parts, high maintenance costs. the requirements for cars of this level are always very high. These requirements include the oil change regulations established by the manufacturer. But it is important to note that the validity of the beneficial properties of the oil depends not only on the regulations, but also on climatic factors. For example, in European countries with favorable weather conditions there will be enough regulation. And in harsh Russian conditions, oil change is performed much more often. So, if the official regulation is 20 thousand kilometers, then in Russian conditions the fluid is replaced after 10 thousand kilometers. This is the most optimal indicator at which the lubricant does not have time to lose its useful properties. The pattern is that the more often you change the oil, the more confident that the Nissan X-Trail engine will last as long as possible.
Signs indicating an urgent oil change
- The oil has darkened, contains dirt and metal chips
- Oil stinks burnt
- Fuzzy gear shifting
- High fuel consumption
- Transmissions are fuzzy, with delays
How much oil to fill
Nissan X-Trail is equipped with different types of power plants, which require a certain amount of oil. For example, an MR20DE engine needs 4.4 liters of fluid. In the case of the 2.0 QR20DE powertrain, a 3.9 liter lubricant is required. As for the more powerful 2.5 QR25DE engine, it holds at least 5.1 liters of engine oil. And finally, the amount of oil to be filled for the top-end engine is 2.2 X-trail T30 YD22DDTi diesel engine. this engine requires 5.2 liters of fluid.
These figures are relevant only for a complete oil change, in which the engine components are completely cleaned of dirt and metal chips. This is an expensive procedure that is carried out in a dealership using special equipment. Partial replacement is much easier, but in this case it will not work to fill all the oil. The fact is that incomplete replacement does not imply a comprehensive flushing of engine components. This means that with partial replacement, a small amount of dirt and chips remains in the motor. Fortunately, with this method of filling, nevertheless, there is a way to pour the full volume. This will require partial replacement several times with an interval of 500-600 kilometers. For the third or fourth time, the engine will be completely cleaned, and then it will be possible to add the maximum amount of oil, based on the engine’s working volume.
Types of oils
When choosing a lubricant, it is equally important to proceed not only from the viscosity and tolerance parameters, but also pay attention to the types of oil. There are only three types of lubricants on the market.
- Synthetic. this type of oil is considered the most popular today. This oil is considered the least susceptible to low temperatures. This product will never freeze, and with it there will never be problems with starting in frosty weather. The main disadvantage of synthetics is the high cost due to high-quality components. Of course, synthetics is considered the best option for the Nissan X-Trail.
- Mineral is the most accessible species. Perhaps, cheapness is the main advantage of mineral oil. This lubricant is relevant for cars with high mileage and, at the same time, is extremely undesirable for operation at subzero temperatures. The fact is that this is a thicker oil, prone to solidification. Accordingly, there may be problems with the launch.
- Semi-synthetic. this type of oil is a good alternative to the mineral composition. But judging by the combination of advantages and disadvantages, in this case, semisynthetics are clearly worse than pure synthetics. Semi-synthetic is more resistant to low temperatures than mineral water.
Video: How Much Oil to Trimmer
We can draw this conclusion. first of all, synthetic oil is suitable for the Nissan X-Trail, and semi-synthetics can be considered as an economical option with a lack of funds. But it is important to take into account the fact that synthetic oil will have to be changed much more often than synthetics.
Oil selection by brands and parameters
For Nissan X-Trail, it is preferable to choose a lubricant with a viscosity of 5W-40 or 5W-30.
The manufacturer recommends the original Nissan Motor Oil 5W-30 engine oil with catalog number KE90099943.
When choosing analog oils, one should proceed from the parameters of the original oil, as well as the indications in the operating instructions. It is also advisable to choose among trusted brands with a good reputation. for example, Mobile, Castrol, Elf, G-Energy, Lukoil, ZIK and others.
Business-class car Toyota Camry. quite reliable and unpretentious, but at the same time, requiring qualified service. Fortunately, this applies to cases of serious damage that only engineers can handle using special diagnostic stands, equipment, etc. As for smaller procedures, such as changing engine oil, they can be performed at home. Indeed, as practice shows, even an inexperienced motorist can handle the replacement of oil in the engine. But there is one more task, without which the oil change process is not possible. It is about the choice of lubricant, and all that is connected with this. So, on the example of Toyota Camry, let us consider in detail how to choose the right engine oil, and how much to fill it with.
- 1 After how much to change the oil?
- 2 When is it necessary to urgently change the oil
- 3 How to choose oil and how much to fill it with
- 3.1 For engines 1AZ-FE and 2AR-FE (2.0 and 2.5 l, respectively)
- 3.2 For 2GR-FE 3.5 L engines
- 3.3 What is 15W-40
After how much to change the oil?
Toyota has developed an oil change schedule for Camry, which is 20 thousand kilometers. But in some cases, this figure can be adjusted downward. for example, when operating in harsh climatic conditions. In this case, the frequency of replacement will have to be reduced to 10-12 thousand kilometers. Thanks to this, the oil does not have time to become worthless, and the engine will last much longer.
When is it necessary to urgently change the oil
Let us single out several main factors and signs by which we can judge the state of motor oil:
- The oil has become unusable if it contains mud deposits, soot, dirt and metal chips
- Oil becomes unusable if it stinks burnt and has a dark brown tint
- The gearbox is unstable, with the transition to the next speed, possible delays
- Increased fuel consumption
- When you press the gas to the floor, the engine does not develop maximum speed
- Noises and vibrations in the transmission and engine, trembling is transmitted to the steering wheel
- The overall perception of driving changes for the better, then for the worse
- Unpredictable frequency of breakdowns of gearbox and engine
- Increased oil consumption
How to choose oil and how much to fill it with
Toyota recommends that only genuine oil be poured into the Camry engine, but you can actually save on an alternative product. So, today it is already possible to recognize that the chemical industry has developed enough so as not to doubt the analog oil. But you should only choose from trusted brands with a good reputation, of which there are quite a lot. So, of them we can distinguish Castrol, Mobile, ZIK, Lukoil, G-Energy, Kixx and others.
Since even when choosing an analog oil, one should proceed from the parameters of the original product, then in the future we will take them into account. Next, consider which oil to fill in, and how much it needs, depending on the displacement of the Toyota Camry engine.
For engines 1AZ-FE and 2AR-FE (2.0 and 2.5 l, respectively)
For these engines, the best oil will be Energy Conserving with the recommended viscosity SAE 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30 or 10W-30. It is advisable to buy universal oil. It is suitable for almost all weather conditions.
According to the API standard, universal motor oils of categories SL, SM and SN are suitable.
As for the volume of oil, 4.3 liters are required for a 2-liter engine, and about 4.3 liters of liquid for a 2.5-liter engine. If you do not take into account the oil filter, then the volume is 4.1 and 4.0 liters, respectively.
For 2GR-FE 3.5 L engines
For 6-cylinder engines, Energy Conserving oil or ILSAC universal oil with viscosities of 5W-30 and 10W-30 are suitable.
- Suitable API parameters for the 3.5 liter engine are SL, SM and SN.
- The volume of oil to be filled, taking into account the oil filter, is 6.1 liters, without it. 5.7 liters.
What is 15W-40?
As an example, we give the oil with the indicated designation. In this case, the number 15 and the letter W indicate the characteristics of the oil at low temperatures. The smaller the number preceding the letter W, the more efficient and faster the engine starts in cold weather. In this case, this oil is better suited for warm weather.
The next number. 40. indicates viscosity at high temperatures. The higher this figure, the better the oil is suitable for high speeds, or operation with maximum load.
We can conclude that for warmer weather conditions, you can prefer oil with the parameters SAE 10W-30, and for a more severe climate, the ideal option would be SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20.
Types of oils
Finally, we consider the three most popular types of motor oils.
- Synthetic. a modern oil resistant to low temperatures. It has a high degree of fluidity, and due to this, it never freezes in frosty weather. This fact allows the use of oil not only in summer but also in winter. Recommended for modern cars with low mileage. Ideal for Toyota Camry.
- Mineral is the worst of all existing oils. It has a low degree of fluidity and is therefore suitable for older cars with a high risk of oil leaks. Due to its excessive density, the mineral water never flows even through a microcrack. Perhaps this is the only advantage of mineral oil, along with its low price.
- Semi-synthetic. includes a mixture of synthetic and mineral oils. Suitable for replacing the mineral composition, as it is superior to it in many ways. This is a more modern and high-quality product. It can be recommended for modern cars with low mileage.
So, for Toyota Camry it is best to prefer synthetic oil, and semi-synthetic takes second place.
Among the best brands of motor oils we note Lukoil, Castrol, ZIK, Mobile, Elf, G-Energy and others.