Adjusting the valves on the tiller, adjusting the control mechanisms, changing the oil in the main components, inspecting the tires are the main works that are carried out during maintenance of the tiller. THAT is necessary to ensure the safe operation of the unit, check the reliability, the durability of all its components and connections.
This review will discuss how to adjust the valve on the tiller. It depends on the constancy of the engine and the entire motorcycle as a whole.
The relationship of the engine and valves
Tiller is a complex agricultural unit that includes the following nodes:
- suspension system;
- supply system.
Engine. tiller powertrain. There are such types of motors:
- By bundling method:
- By type of fuel used:
Manufacturing plants recently produce 4-stroke engines with high technical performance.
Diesel engines install on large aggregates, gasoline engines are widely used for farmers, with a capacity of 4-9 hp, on small and medium-sized ones.
The internal combustion engine is the primary device in which the process of conversion of thermal energy of combustion of fuel into mechanical takes place.
The process of energy transformation is carried out in 4 stages:
- fuel start;
- compression of the combustible mixture;
Fuel material enters the combustion chamber through the inlet distributor. Valve elements are closed, the piston moves upward, compressing the working mixture. When the spark plugs are turned on, the discharge ignites the combustible material. When the temperature rises, the mixture expands, pushing the piston down. There is a transformation of thermal energy into mechanical. When the valves open, gases are discharged into the outlet system.
After a certain period of operation, due to heavy loads, the gaps in the intake and exhaust valves may change.
The reason is the wear and amortization of items. A small gap changes the phase distribution of gases. The engine does not work with the stated power. With a large gap, mechanical vibrations appear that lead to deformations. Due to the short-term opening of the valves, the cylinder is not filled. It leads to failures and malfunctions in work, reduced performance.
Adjusting tiller valves is a must-have procedure for maintenance.
According to the technical regulations, it should be carried out once a year. In case of malfunctions of the machine, the valve can be adjusted two times a year.
Adjusting the engine valves means setting optimal clearances. Their rate indicates in the technical passport tiller. Each model has its permissible parameters, which depend on the brand and type of motor of the machine.
Valid valve clearance on the tiller for a standard unit has the following meaning:
- for the inlet valve. 0.10-0.15 mm;
- for the output. 0.15-0.20 mm.
The following tools are necessary for their setup:
- probes at 0.10 mm, 0.15 mm and 0.20 mm;
- flat screwdriver.
The algorithm for setting the optimal clearances is as follows:
- The engine during operation must be cold.
- Disconnect the glass from the oil bath from the air filter and the filter element.
- Take the key, unscrew the 4 bolts around the protective casing.
- Remove the starter, then the tiller flywheel guard.
- On the end of the flywheel, fix the “dead center”. The mark on the edge of the cylinder should match the zero mark of the flywheel.
- Carefully remove the valve cover with a paronit gasket, after unscrewing the 3 bolts.
- Check for clearances:
- near the filter is the inlet valve;
- near the muffler. day off.
To check the spacing, insert a dipstick between the rocker and the flap. If the distance is more or less than the allowable, adjust the elements with the cap key and screwdriver.
- Wipe all mechanism connections with a clean rag.
- Assemble the structure in reverse order.
- Turn on the tiller, check its performance.
If the valves are adjusted correctly, the engine will operate without noise, jerks and failures.