A chainsaw is an indispensable tool for people living in private households. It is a mechanism consisting of carefully fitted parts and assemblies.
Like any mechanism, it requires periodic care and adjustment. Especially because of low-quality fuel. Consider the principles and procedure for adjusting the carburetor of a Husqvarna chainsaw.
The device and the principle of operation of the carburetor
The carburetor is used to prepare the combustible mixture in the proportion determined by the operator from gasoline and air.
Overly enriched, as well as overly poor, the mixture will lead to unstable engine operation, can cause overheating and accelerate piston system wear.
The proper functioning of the device depends on the proper settings and adjustments.
And for this, you need to know the principles of the carburetor of the Husqvarna chainsaw.
Its design consists of the following elements:
- case with clamping bolts and a set of gaskets;
- fuel pump. a device that injects a gasoline-oil mixture into a carburetor;
- diaphragm. designed to limit the flow of the combustible mixture into the engine;
- float chamber. fuel is collected in it, the level is regulated by the float, as necessary, the mixture is fed into the main chamber for mixing with air;
- the main chamber. air passes through it, and fuel is injected there, the amount of the mixture supplied to the engine is regulated by the throttle located here;
- diffuser. a section of the narrowing of the tube supplying air at the fuel injection site;
- needle valve. a device that regulates the supply of fuel;
- jet. screws that control the flow of the mixture at high and low speeds, as well as the idle screw.
Also in the carburetor device, in addition to the throttle, there is a damper located at the inlet of the air filter. It artificially reduces air flow, making the mixture more saturated to facilitate starting a cold engine.
The injector valve is responsible for injecting fuel into the main chamber, it also prevents air from entering. When setting up a carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw, special attention should be paid to this valve, since its condition has a direct effect on engine operation. After prolonged storage, the nozzle may stick. This will limit the flow of fuel and prevent the engine from starting.
Also, from prolonged use or due to factory defects, the valve can let air into the main chamber. In this case, only a replacement will help to fix the problem.
The carburetor operates as follows: the air flow entering the diffuser is mixed with the injected fuel, the resulting mixture is fed into the engine. The amount of mixture is regulated by a butterfly valve. The larger the mixture, the higher the engine speed.
When adjustment is needed
The need to adjust the carburetor of the chainsaw is rare. Often there are problems with the flow of fuel, air or wear parts. But sometimes adjustment is still required:
- A started engine stalls after a few seconds, or does not start. the reason for this is too rich a mixture;
- excess exhaust, high revs, increased consumption. in this case, on the contrary, the mixture is too lean, that is, there is not enough air;
- revolutions are kept at the same level after they are reduced or increased by the operator. the cause may be a sticky needle valve.
Factors leading to such changes may be as follows:
- Strong vibration damages the protective cover, and the adjusting jets get out, changing the setting. In this case, it is possible to adjust the carburetor on the chainsaw.
- Deterioration of piston system components. Setting the carburetor in such a situation may provide temporary assistance. Replacing worn components is recommended.
- Poor fuel, a defective filter, or long-term storage can cause blockages. In this situation, the carburetor must be removed, rinsed with a special liquid or clean gasoline, collected and re-adjusted.
It is best to start setting up the saw by checking the nozzles, the fuel and air supply. After that, proceed to dismantling the carburetor, and then to checking the piston system.
What tool will be needed
First of all, you need to prepare a tool for adjusting the carburetor of the chainsaw. You will need a set of screwdrivers and open-end wrenches, a special cleaning compound that dissolves soot and debris.
Disassembly is best done on a table or workbench. On a part of the table, lay a flap of clean, preferably light and plain fabric, on which the removed parts and the washing container will be laid out. Optimal if it is an ultrasonic bath.
How to remove the carburetor and whether it should be done before tuning
In the event that the chainsaw does not develop revolutions or, on the contrary, works at excessively high, the carburetor can be adjusted without removing.
But if the chainsaw does not start, the speed hangs at the same level or it works unstably. Setting the chainsaw carburetor will not change the situation. It must be removed to clean or replace parts. It is necessary to act in this order:
- Unscrewing the holding fasteners, remove the upper casing of the saw.
- We remove the gasket and part of the air filter by unscrewing the bolts or by clicking off the fasteners.
- To the right of the carburetor is the fuel hose. Remove it with the throttle control rod.
- We remove the carburetor from its fastenings.
Dismantling the carburetor is carried out in accordance with the supplied instructions. When disassembling with extreme caution, it is necessary to fold the parts on a pre-prepared fabric. Due to the small size, there is a risk of losing components during disassembly and flushing.
All parts thus obtained are washed in a special liquid, dried and wiped with a lint-free cloth.
The channels, tubes and jets are purged with compressed air, if possible, pre-washing them in an ultrasonic bath.
How to adjust
For this, 3 adjustment jets are provided in the design of the device. The idle adjustment screw (T) is located at the top of the carburetor. Below is a pair of nozzles for adjusting the fuel supply at minimum (L) and maximum (H) rpm, left and right, respectively.
The procedure for adjusting the carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw is as follows:
- Warm up for 5 minutes.
- Turning the screw L, we bring the engine to the highest speed in the unloaded state and return it a quarter of a turn.
- Hold the throttle button with one hand for 15 seconds. At this time, turn the jet H to the right until it stops and reaches maximum speed. Then we turn it back one and a half turns or until the “squeal” of the engine disappears.
- After releasing the gas, turn the idle screw (T) clockwise until the chain starts to move. After that, we rotate it in the opposite direction until the chain stops moving.
During the adjustment process, a situation may arise in which the chainsaw stalls. This may be due to excessively twisted jets, too rich or poor mixture.
If this happens, it is necessary to tighten the jets of minimum and maximum revolutions to the stop. Then turn them back one and a half turns and try to start a saw.
Ignition adjustment after carburetor adjustment
If cleaning and tuning the carburetor did not fix the existing problem, you need to check the spark plug and adjust the engine. You should act in the following order:
- A candle is twisted and a visual inspection is carried out. If it is dry with a light brown deposit, it can be considered healthy.
- If traces of gasoline are detected on the spark plug, the carburetor must be readjusted. This is because it delivers excess fuel to the engine, filling it.
- If the candle looks normal, check the operation of the electrical equipment. First of all, the cable that supplies current to the candle. The end is brought to a short distance to the radiator grill of the cylinder and the starter is scrolled with a cord. A spark should slip through. If not, check the cable with a tester and replace if necessary.
- If the cable is working, the ignition coil is tested. If the inspection does not reveal scorched or dangling wires, the coil is called a tester, comparing the data with the accompanying documentation. If deviations are found, the unit must be replaced with a similar one.
After replacing the coil unit, set the gap in the magneto. The gap between the ignition coil and the flywheel should be between 0.2 and 0.4 mm. To set the gap, you need a set of probes or you can use a foil of suitable thickness. The probe is clamped between the coil and the flywheel at the time of installation, and then pulled out.
How to understand that everything is done correctly
After setting, you need to start the chainsaw. Check stability at idle. In this case, the chain should not move. When you press the accelerator, the chainsaw should steadily accelerate and stop without delay.
At minimum and maximum speed levels, the Husqvarna 350 should work stably, without extraneous noise. At the time of operation there should not be a sharp loss of power or shutdown.
Husqvarna 137 chainsaw: adjustment and tuning
Before setting sail for buying a chainsaw, you need to decide what kind of work it will be intended for. This can be daily work at a sawmill (see how to cut a tree with a chainsaw) or the introduction of a saw to work in the country.
In both cases, it will be able to cope with the assigned task from the Husqvarna chainsaw.
About the manufacturer
The company under the name "Husqvarna" was founded in 1687. Husqvarna (Husqvarna) is a favorite in the market of industrial and garden equipment. He enters the Swedish concern, uniting several companies within himself. They produce different types of equipment, from small-sized sewing machines to impressive ATVs.
Husqvarna offers its customers a very expanded range of special machinery and equipment. The best models of Champion chainsaws are how to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw. In recent years, the company has increased the number of patented innovations. Husqvarna stands guard over progress.
The products of this brand turn hard work into an ordinary occupation that does not harm either the person or the environment.
The Husqvarna 137 chainsaw belongs to the technique produced under the category of Forest Professionals. Together with this model, the manufacturer also produces universal professional chainsaws, blowers and high-cutters. All manufactured equipment is small in size and easy to control. All Husqvarna chainsaws are distinguished by three features. the ability to absorb excessive vibrations, advanced air filtration system, highest power.
Description and Specifications
The Husqvarna 137 chainsaw model first appeared on sale in 2005. She was released in an instant with the Husqvarna 142 chainsaw. It was appreciated by "lovers." This amateur model of a saw is a good option for working in the country. Most of these models do not start well due to rare use.
Video: How To Change Cord On Champion Trimmer
In the country and the suburban area, the need to use a chainsaw not so often arises. Husqvarna specialists have developed the latest technology that will come to the rescue when the saw is switched on problematically, thanks to this the Husqvarna 137 starts up, which is referred to as a half-turn.
A special spring is built into the chainsaw, which turns the crankshaft at the right time. How to adjust the chainsaw carburetor. This makes it possible to start the saw without difficulty in relation to the starter cable.
In addition, the Husqvarna 137 has an improved ignition mechanism that produces a spark. The manufacturer made sure that the "amateur" chainsaw was equipped with a device with which professional saw models are equipped.
The design of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw is very close to the design of professional equipment. Nevertheless, ergonomic design is appreciated by amateurs. The model is armed with an air injection system, which bears the name "Air Injection".
- The volume of the fuel tank is 0.41l.
- Weight without fuel and without tire. 4600 g.
- The tire is 220-380 mm long.
- Vibration on the front handle. 4.9 m / s.sq.
- Vibration on the rear handle. 7.7 m / s.sq.
- Chainsaw power. 2.2 hp
- Motor volume. 36.3 cubic meters. cm.
Husqvarna 137 chainsaw cost. from 1200 to 2200 rubles.
The owner of the chainsaw needs to know the main rules for operating the chain. In our article, you will learn how to sharpen a chain with your own hands.
And which sharpening machine to use for all this.
Choosing the right oil for lubricating the chainsaw chains will be easier by reading our other article.
Before proceeding with the setup of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw, you must install it. Before working, you need to study the device of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw.
Hold the guide bar relative to the chainsaw body to install the clutch cover.
How to properly adjust the carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw
How to tune the carburetor on a chainsaw Husqvarna Adjustment carburetor on a chainsaw using 3 THL screws.
Carburetor adjustment. Husqvarna 137-142 AntiReg!
Hare feed the Chinese and goons. Disassemble and clean carburetor ,change dry apertures, twist and
When the installation is finished, you can go to setting up the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw.
- First you need to set the saw switch to the “On” position.
- Then pull the idle lever all the way.
- Pull the starter cord with a sharp movement of the hand (but less than 10 times).
If the sound of the motor was heard earlier than you did 10 jerks, you can run back to the next step.
To start and configure an already warmed up engine, you need:
- Set the saw switch to the “On” position.
- Move the mode knob to the “HalfChoke” mark.
- With your right hand you need to pull the cord until the engine starts to work.
- Press the engine start device so that it returns to idle speed.
The process of disassembly and assembly, see the video:
The Husqvarna 137 chainsaw, like other models of this brand, is equipped with an inertial automatic chain brake. This detail was invented by engineers working at Husqvarna. At the moment, most manufacturers still produce chainsaws with contact brake. In other words, the brake is cut with the assistance of the hand during a reverse impact. In practice, such a contact brake may not work at all.
Auto vibration system
The auto-vibration system of this model works on the principle of “two masses”. The manufacturer does not produce other systems.
Husqvarna 137 is armed with a high profile professional chain. This is another difference from chainsaws with a low profile chain. Chainsaws with a high-profile chain are 40 percent higher. This is especially evident in the face of huge volumes of work. In addition, such chainsaws maintain superior performance even when working with dirty wood.
One of the more common mistakes when starting the Husqvarna 137 is to close the air damper without turning on the ignition.
It turns out that fuel mixture enters the cylinder (see proportions of oil and gasoline in a chainsaw). But the spark does not appear, ignition does not occur. How to properly adjust the carburetor chainsaw husqvarna 142 bezumes master (1435). Then you have to turn out the candle, wipe and screw it back. Therefore, it is worthwhile to understand that all Husqvarna chainsaws have a combined shutter, and the ignition will be cut into them automatically at the moment the shutter lever is pulled out. Errors for all this should not appear.
Due to the fact that the “Husqvarna 137" is a high-speed cutting equipment, you must adhere to certain safety regulations.
To avoid an accident, carefully read this manual.
- The spark plug wire must be disconnected during transportation, cleaning. It is important to watch that it does not come into contact with the spark plug, in order to avoid unexpected switching on of the circuit.
Chainsaw protective clothing
- When working with the saw, protective clothing should be worn: shoes with non-slip soles with steel inserts, special gloves (not included in the scope of delivery), mask or goggles (fog). Hair should be tied above the shoulders.
- If you are constantly using a chainsaw, you need to occasionally inspect your hearing specialist.
- Only adults should use the chainsaw.
- Do not expose body parts under the saw when the motor is running.
- During the operation of the saw, it is necessary to limit the presence of children and animals by at least 10 meters.
- You can not use a chainsaw at the time of intoxication, also when you are upset, depressed or tired.
- Do not start work until you have protective clothing and a workplace has been equipped.
- Work with the saw only in a well-ventilated place.
- When you cut the branch, be prepared to bounce at the end of the work so that you are not hit by a beveled tree bitch.
- It is possible to lay the saw on the surface only after it is turned off.
- Before turning on the saw, make sure that during operation the chain will not be able to make contact with anything.
- The maintenance of your chainsaw should be done only by spec.
- The saw handle must be clean, free of engine oil.
- The lids of the oil and fuel reservoir should always be tightly closed.
- As spare parts, only accessories from the Husqvarna manufacturer should be used.
- Do not smoke while refueling.
- It is necessary to refuel a saw on the naked earth in the open air. It is not allowed to do this indoors.
- Before starting the chainsaw engine, you need to retreat 10 meters from the place where the refueling was carried out.
- Allow the saw to cool before refueling.
- If the moving chain touches any object, a reverse blow may occur. a frisky movement of the device down and up. This can lead to a complete loss of control of the chainsaw and forthcoming severe damage.
Therefore, never try to rotate the saw when removing from the lower gash, and also do not try to cut several logs in an instant.
"Husqvarna 137" is an irreplaceable assistant in the suburban area or cottage. It has a modern design, the highest power, small dimensions and low fuel consumption. How to clean the muffler on the Husqvarna Husqvarna 128r trimmer carburetor adjustment. This is perhaps one of the best amateur chainsaws. With proper operation and compliance with all safety regulations, it will serve its own owner faithfully for more than a dozen years. For possible defects in the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw, read our other article.
Modern chainsaws have a complex system and consist of several main components, which periodically require maintenance and adjustment. In this article, we’ll talk about how to adjust the carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw.
When does the Husqvarna chainsaw carburetor require adjustment
There are many problems that can be solved by adjusting the carburetor. Husqvarna chainsaw carburetor adjustment is necessary when a malfunction occurs such as:
- increased idle;
- heavy smoke during tool operation;
- difficulty starting a cold or hot engine;
- lack of traction and lower maximum revs.
This is by no means a complete list of problems that can be solved by tuning the Husqvarna carburetor. In some cases, adjusting the quality and quantity of the fuel mixture is carried out after an overhaul of the engine or in the process of scheduled maintenance of the chainsaw.
The manufacturer Husqvarna AB recommends adjusting the carburetor before and after the break-in.
The device and principle of operation of the Husqvarna carburetor
To successfully set up a Husqvarna chainsaw carburetor, you need to know its device and understand how it works. In fact, everything is not as complicated as it seems at first glance.
The saw carburetor has a built-in fuel pump, which is responsible for transporting a mixture of gasoline with oil, as well as a diaphragm, a needle valve with a rocker. Their joint work allows metering the fuel supply to the main chamber and two shutters.
One of the dampers is designed to adjust the fuel supply to the cylinder when pressing the gas, it is called the throttle, the second is responsible for restricting the air supply from the air filter to facilitate the start of the Husqvarna cold chainsaw. At that moment, when the operator shuts off the air supply to the carburetor with the help of an air damper, the fuel mixture is depleted and its supply to the cylinder is increased, due to which the chainsaw starts up much easier than when the cold start is carried out in normal mode.
An injector valve is involved in the operation of the Husqvarna carburetor, which atomizes the fuel and prevents air from entering the main chamber. Often problems when working with a saw can be caused by defects in this particular element. For example, a valve, if the chainsaw is not stored properly, can stick, fuel supply will stop, which will make the engine impossible. Also, malfunctions of the nozzle can cause air to leak into the main fuel chamber of the carburetor. In such cases, adjusting the position of the adjusting screws will not correct the situation; repairs or replacement of the assembly will be required.
For adjusting the quality and quantity of the mixture, as well as the number of revolutions of the crankshaft in idle mode, there are three adjusting screws installed in the carburetor body:
- screw (L). adjusts the amount of fuel in low and medium speed mode;
- (H). responsible for traction at high speeds and their number;
- (T). changes the position of the throttle valve, thereby regulating the amount of fuel mixture entering the cylinder and the engine’s engine idling.
Screws (L) and (H) cannot be adjusted without specific knowledge and experience. Incorrect adjustment of the quality and quantity of the fuel mixture can cause the engine to stop working or malfunction, which will lead to its rapid deterioration or even jamming.
Tools necessary for work
Before setting up the Husqvarna carburetor, you need to take care of the availability of all the tools that may come in handy. To carry out this type of work yourself, you will need:
An ordinary slotted screwdriver is not suitable for adjustment, because the adjustment screws on Husqvarna chainsaws can have a different cross-section. You have to purchase a special one, this is the peculiarity of repairing Husqvarna chainsaws, they did everything so that the saw could be repaired only in a specialized Husqvarna service.
Husqvarna carburetor algorithm and description
Husqvarna carburetor, is regulated similarly to how carburetors are adjusted on chainsaws from other manufacturers.
Immediately before the adjustment, it is necessary to conduct a complete diagnosis of the saw and make sure that there is no difficulty in supplying fuel and air intake into the crankcase of the chainsaw. You must also make sure the air filter is clean and replace it with a new one if necessary.
The procedure for the work is as follows:
- Husqvarna carburettor factory settings are set on the muffled saw.
- The engine starts and the saw warms up for several minutes.
- By turning the screw (L) clockwise, there is a position at which the engine develops maximum speed, after which the screw must be turned back 1⁄4. If at the same time the chain of the chainsaw rotates, then it is necessary to reduce the idle speed by adjusting the position of the screw (T).
- The next stage is the adjustment of the power of Husqvarna at maximum speed and the adjustment of their number. To do this, the tachometer is connected to the wound chainsaw, the throttle stick is squeezed to full, after which the tachometer readings are checked. If the maximum speed value differs from the maximum quantity recommended by the manufacturer, then by changing the position of the screw (H), the tachometer readings are normalized.
After adjustment, the chainsaw should easily gain and lose speed, work stably at low and high speeds. If the saw chain rotates at idle after adjusting the carburetor control screws, this is a sign that the setting is incorrect and that the position of the screw (T) needs to be adjusted.
Also, when adjusting the Husqvarna carburetor, it is worth considering the response time of the chainsaw to the rotation of the screws. Settings do not change immediately, but within five, ten seconds.
One of the indicators of incorrect adjustment is a strong smoke during the operation of the saw, which indicates a large amount of fuel entering the combustion chamber. If this situation arises, adjust the position of the screw (L).
The factory default settings for the Husqvarna carburetor are the position of the screws (H) and (L), in which a working chainsaw must be guaranteed to start. For Husqvarna tools, this is one and a half turns from fully tightened screws (H) and (L). In the process of adjustment, you must first set the screws in the standard position, then start the chainsaw and make an accurate adjustment of power, the number of maximum revolutions and idle revolutions.
DIY carburetor repair
If during the complete diagnosis of the Husqvarna chainsaw, carburetor defects were detected, some of them can be eliminated without contacting the Husqvarna AB service center. For example, you can independently:
- change gaskets under the covers of the main chamber and fuel pump;
- clean or replace the strainer;
- replace the diaphragm or needle valve of the main chamber;
- repair the diaphragm of the fuel pump.
Gaskets, diaphragms and a needle valve with a rocker arm can be found in the repair kit that is available for each model of Husqvarna chainsaw carburetors.
Also, if you have some experience, you can try to restore the faulty valve-nozzle, but you cannot guarantee a positive result when trying to restore the nozzle, if it is faulty, manufacturers recommend changing the carburetor completely.
The first thing to do before removing the carburetor from Husqvarna is to clean the saw with a compressor, since dirt can interfere with a quality repair. Next, you need to open the top cover of the chainsaw, remove the air filter, disconnect the rods from the control levers of the air and throttle valves. After that, unscrew the screws securing the carburetor.
Dismantling the carburetor body for repairs is quite simple. The cover of the main chamber is held by four screws, which can be removed using a conventional screw, the cover of the fuel pump is fixed with one wide screw.
Below is a video, watching which it becomes clear how it is possible to repair a carburetor without contacting a Husqvarna service center.
Work on setting up or repairing a carburetor on Husqvarna chainsaws can be completed without any specific experience. In order to do everything right, you must follow the algorithm and have a minimal set of tools. It is also worthwhile to evaluate your strengths in advance and not risk it if you do not understand anything at all in technology. Believe me, sometimes it’s better to pay a small amount to the master than to spoil the instrument by self-regulation.