video instructions. I arrived at the dacha to mow the grass, started mowing, hooked a stone and the coil on the trimmer broke, because of the coil it took a long time to return to the city, and it was unprofitable, because you burn more gas than it costs, so I found a temporary solution. Do-it-yourself trimmer repair implies the elimination of all the problems that do-it-yourself lawn mowing repairs can be done if it starts and runs at idle. The main sign that the ignition coil is out of order and needs repair. videos: How to remove and put the coil on a lawn mower! manual lawn mower. Replacing fishing line in the reel. Replacing the coil in a Chinese trimmer. How to disassemble the trimmer coil.
DIY hip roof video
Pressure testing the heating system in a private house do-it-yourself video
Do-it-yourself vaz 2106 threshold replacement video
How to start a gas trimmer video
DIY ceiling skirting sticker video
DIY dovecote video
DIY bumper crack do-it-yourself video
DIY carbide adjuster for a Stihl 250 chainsaw video
How to change the fishing line in the trimmer and which is better to choose
Since we saw the choice of the trimmer in the previous article, now we will tell you how to correctly trim the trimmer with fishing line, and which is better to choose based on the criterion of work.
After you have purchased the trimmer and started to use it intensively, at some point the question arises of replacing the fishing line, since this is the most wearing element in the tool, then the saturated operation of the trimmer will lead to frequent replacement of consumables.
What types of woods are
A common type of fishing line that fits virtually all types of reels is a round cord. Another video on the topic: how to disassemble the trimmer coil. Replacing the fishing line on the trimmer. Video how to disassemble a coil replacing fishing line on a trimmer. Download more related videos. This is an ordinary fishing line suitable for mowing juicy grass, but mowing dead wood with it will be much more difficult, and even more so it can not cope with the bush.
As a rule, the diameter by which young grass can be mowed does not exceed 1.6 mm. The thicker the thread, the more coarse grass it can overcome.
There are fishing lines with sharp edges in the form of an asterisk or square, this option is more suitable for mowing dry grass just due to the existing sharp edges, but its disadvantage is more wear and tear and is inferior in strength to round cord.
There are fishing lines with improved aerodynamics with characteristic dents, scales and notches, such a product produces less noise, but they are used only on lawn mowers, since the exit of such a thread from the reel is difficult, it is used most often with discs in which segments are inserted. The disadvantage of this product is its fragility.
Most often in gas trimmers with an engine power of more than 1.5 hp apply cords with a metal cable inside. In this video, I show how to disassemble the coil of a gas trimmer, as well as how to wrap it correctly. How to remove the coil disassemble the coil on the trimmer and rewind the disk to the shaft. This thread is ideal for mowing dry grass and small bushes. How to disassemble the trimmer coil. Replacing the fishing line on the trimmer. The presence of a core positively affects the wear resistance of this material. The disadvantage of such a cord is its price, which is significantly higher than the listed opponents.
How" disassemble the coil trimmers. Replacing the fishing line on the trimmer.
In this video showing how disassemble the coil at gasoline trimmer, as well as how to reel
manual lawn mower. How to remove and put the coil on a lawn mower! How to disassemble a coil trimmer. Replacing fishing line in the reel.
In this video, I show how to easily and easily wind a line on reel manual lawn mowers yourself
How to Fill a Fishing Line into a Trimmer Coil
It takes about 10-15 minutes to wind the line. What is a trimmer coil? Plastic case with a cassette inside, on which there is a special hook for convenient winding of fishing line. How to replace the cord with how to disassemble the coil of a gasoline prinz knowymi lawn mowing. Almost all trimmer coils have a similar mounting principle, this is the central screw-button, when pressed, it becomes possible to pull the fishing line of the required length. How to remove a coil from a huter trimmer to a trimmer video How to reel a fishing line on. How to remove the coil from the trimmer, disassemble disassemble the coil on the trimmer. The photo below shows some examples of different coils for trimmers.
The bobbins of the trimmers, the motor of which is located near the ground, have a different mount to the axis of rotation, they have two buttons on the spool located on the sides that need to be pressed, otherwise the thread replacement is no different from other cassettes.
The principle of proper winding fishing line is similar in all above listed cases, so for example, consider the standard version with two antennae.
To remove the reel with fishing line, it is necessary to unscrew the screw located in the center, but note that the thread there is left, so you have to turn it clockwise, this is done specially so that during operation it does not open under the influence of centrifugal force.
Next, using a screwdriver, disassemble the head and take out the reel, on which the fishing line is directly wound. Having measured the necessary length and folded in half, you need to fill the fishing line into the reel, removing, in the end, its ends opposite each other (for this there are special slots for fixing).
After this, it is necessary to assemble the head in the reverse order by threading the ends of the cord into two corresponding holes.
If you have doubts or it’s not entirely clear how to charge the fishing line to the trimmer, we recommend watching the video: how to wind the fishing line into the lawn mowing properly. In this video, the instructor will open the trimmer head in steps, measure out the required amount of fishing line, usually from two to four meters, and demonstrate assembly and installation on the trimmer.
The trimmer, whether it is gasoline or electric, is the only right solution for mowing grass in hard-to-reach places that cannot be handled by a wheeled lawnmower. As a cutting tool, trimmers use metal knives or a special fishing line, which is tucked into the trimmer coil. But, unfortunately, the trimmer heads during operation over time become unusable. Some malfunctions can be eliminated with your own hands, while some will require a complete replacement of the mowing head.
Video: How to Disassemble a Coil on a Trimmer Video
Trimmer Coil Device
Mowing heads for trimmers come in many designs. both simple and complex. The picture below shows semi-automatic trimmer head from the Husqvarna lawn mowers (Husqvarna) disassembled.
This type of head is present in the configuration of most lawnmowers and trimmers, such as Stihl (Stihl), Patriot (Patriot), Champion (Champion), Bosch (Bosch), Huter (Huter) and others. The mower head is quite simple. It consists of the following details:
- mowing head base;
- button for semi-automatic cord feeding;
- a bobbin (reel) into which the fishing line is refueled;
- eyes. through them the fishing line comes out;
- trimmer head cover;
- fishing line (cord).
There are also simpler trimmer heads shown in the following photo.
All these attachments do not allow changing the length of the fishing line in semi-automatic mode (after pressing the button). In the event of a break in the cord, you have to stop the mower and change it manually.
Basic coil faults
Trimmer users and lawn mowers often encounter a problem with a semi-automatic mowing head. Coil malfunctions can be as follows:
- the fishing line does not automatically extend;
- the cord spontaneously exits the coil.
The fishing line does not automatically extend
If the line does not lengthen with a light touch of the trimmer coil button on the ground, the reasons for this may be as follows.
Option 1. a bite occurred, i.e. clamping cord between turns. This problem usually occurs if the user wound the fishing line on the reel unevenly, with the intersection of turns, or wound it with insufficient tension. In the latter case, when the mowing head rotates at high speeds under the influence of centrifugal force, the cord begins to drag out, as a result of which it is possible to twist the fishing line. To fix the problem, you will have to disassemble the coil on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, that is, in even turns with good tension.
Option 2. too short ends protrude from the head. The fishing line may not come out when it hits the ground, if its ends protruding from the head are of insufficient length (short). In this case, centrifugal force is not enough to stretch the line. Therefore, it is necessary to stop the unit (turn off the engine or disconnect the trimmer from the mains) and pull out the fishing line manually by first pressing the button.
Option 3. fishing line soldered inside the mowing head. This causes the coil to stop and not spin when the button is pressed. Basically, this happens for several reasons: poor quality of the cord, overheating of the coil during continuous operation of the unit, impact of fishing line on solid objects.
- In the first case, the cord of third-party manufacturers can be made of low-quality and low-melting materials that do not withstand mechanical and thermal stress. Therefore, preference should be given to “branded” fishing lines.
- But, if you nevertheless acquired a fishing line of unknown quality, and it often gets soldered during operation, then you can follow the example of some users who, after refueling the cord into a coil, moisten it either silicone grease (from spray can), or mineral oil. This procedure greatly reduces the likelihood of soldering between each other turns of fishing line.
- Also, the fishing line can be soldered if during mowing it hits a solid object (stone, fence, dry branch, etc.). As a result of this, it stretches a little and is pulled back into the head at high speed. The cord heats up due to friction, and its coils stick together. The only thing that can be done to eliminate this malfunction is to open the trimmer coil and rewind the fishing line.
Cord spontaneously lengthens
There are situations when the trimmer user notices very fast consumption of fishing line. However, he never hit a button on the ground to lengthen the fishing line. The reason that the fishing line spontaneously lengthens, cutting off a special knife on the casing of the device, can serve lack of spring in the mowing head. Often, novice users of mowers, trying to charge the fishing line into a reel, forget to install the clamping spring in the head, or even lose it when the lid is opened, and in the future, they are not even aware of its existence.
Also, the fishing line can be extended without the use of a button if the spring is loose. If the spring check confirms this fact, then several washers must be placed under it to strengthen its clamping properties.
How to remove the reel and replace the fishing line
Owners of trimmers, mostly novices, are confused, bordering on panic when it becomes necessary to change the cutting tool or fishing line in the reel. Very often, when trying to unscrew the mowing head, users simply render it unusable, not suspecting that it is unscrewing in the opposite direction. To prevent this, if you need to replace the tool, it is recommended that you read the step-by-step instructions below.
- Before putting the fishing line into the reel, turn off the engine of the lawn mowers or de-energize the trimmer to avoid injuries that might occur if the cutting tool is accidentally started to rotate.
- Unscrew the nozzle attached to gear shaft. To do this, the shaft must be locked by aligning the holes on the washer and on the axis, and inserting a metal rod or screwdriver into them.
- Unscrew the nozzle. You should know that the thread on the shaft is left. Therefore, twist the trimmer coil to the right, that is, clockwise.
- Disassemble the mowing head. Most often, the head cover is attached on clips. To remove it, you will need to drown these clips into the body, squeezing the edges of the lid. If your trimmer has a semi-automatic mowing head with a button on the bottom, disassembling the nozzle should be done carefully, since you can lose the spring, which sometimes flies out when the cover is removed.
- Cut the required amount of fishing line. Usually its length is 5 meters. Use a cord of the diameter specified in the tool manual. It is not recommended to exceed the maximum diameter of the fishing line, as this will lead to increased engine load and higher gas mileage.
- Find the middle of the cord segment, folding it in half. You will get a loop.
- Cut through the coils special grooves (there may be holes). Insert a loop from the fishing line into this groove.
- Wind the line onto the reel by turning it counterclockwise. It is necessary to refuel the cord as evenly as possible, the turns should lie down without overlapping and with good tension. When the winding is finished, leave the free ends of the fishing line about 20 cm long and fix them in the grooves located on the sides of the reel.
- Assemble the mowing head. Before you finally assemble the nozzle, do not forget insert spring and washer (if available). Install the coil in the housing, and thread the ends of the cord through holes or eyes.
- Put on the cover and fix it with the latches.
- Screw the nozzle back onto the gearbox shaft, also locking it with a screwdriver. Spin the trimmer coil to the left (against the clockwise arrow).
Is it possible to make a coil on a trimmer with your own hands
- Take a piece of plywood or textolite and draw a circle on it with a diameter of about 14 cm.
- Cut the disc with a jigsaw or hacksaw for metal.
- Drill a hole in the center of the disk that matches the diameter of the gearbox shaft. Before installing the disk on the shaft, do not forget to put the washer on it.
- On the edges of the disk, you can screw small corners or make 1-2 holes on opposite sides. They will serve to refuel fishing lines in them.
- To fix the fishing line, several screws can be screwed into the plywood.
Such a homemade mowing nozzle is mounted on a shaft with a nut. Tighten or unscrew the nut without fixing the shaft will not work. To replace the cord, it will be enough to release the screws, insert a piece of fishing line of the required length and press it again.
Also, a mowing nozzle for attaching fishing line to it can be made from a metal sheet. How to do this, you can understand from the next video.