Proper maintenance is the key to a long and reliable operation of the tool. Primitive care operations include the timely lubrication of the gearbox and the cleaning of the trimmer filter. And how to lubricate the gear trimmer, every user should know.
Cleaning must be done in several stages:
- After removing the cover element is removed.
- Next, it is washed with gasoline and dried (naturally).
- The place under the filter is cleared of the remains of oil and dust.
- Check the bar for rotation during operation.
Is it possible to lubricate the gear trimmer with grease if there are no other means? No, for long life, equipment manufacturers recommend using specialized lubricants. Some manufacturers develop care products that are adapted directly to the brand tool. It is only necessary to unscrew the plug and pour the liquid into the container to lubricate the working steam.
First of all, prevention is done immediately after purchase. This is because many manufacturers lay the minimum amount of lubricant, which is enough only for the time of running.
If the trimmer is used at home (the amount of work is small), it is enough to add lubricant at the beginning and at the end of the season.
In harsh working conditions, the gas trimmer gearbox must be lubricated every 20-50 hours of operation. Indicators for urgent prevention are increased node noise and overheating. If there is a shortage of lubricant, it should be completely replaced.
Often, manufacturers produce multifunctional automotive chemicals. It means that the lubricant for gasoline gearboxes is also suitable for processing hoses and gears of any garden equipment and components that operate under high loads.
A gearbox is a mechanical device that is designed to transmit torque from the engine to the cutting equipment — located at the bottom of the trimmer.
Immediately before maintenance, remove the electrical cap (or plug from the plug). Do not turn the trimmer over to avoid fuel leakage. Disassemble the device to replace the grease.
The disassembly process consists of the following steps:
- Unscrews the side screw.
- If there are no traces of grease, then it should be added (3-4 grams).
- Next, the transfer is scrolled manually. This is done to evenly distribute the material on the gears.
The operation is performed several times. The assembly must be tightly filled with grease. At the end of the operation, the screw is put in place and tightly tightened.
To lubricate the trimmer reducer, it is necessary to clean the plug and the area around it from dirt, then unscrew it. Benzokosa fits on the left side. By rotating the gear teeth, the lubricant is simultaneously added to the gearbox housing until it is filled.
During operation, the mechanism nodes are loaded with contact forces on the teeth, resistance reactions when debris hits, as well as dynamic and shock loads. Depending on the characteristics of the load, you should choose what to lubricate the gear trimmer.
The selection should take into account the following factors:
- manufacturer’s brand;
- lubricant viscosity (selection of this parameter depends on the shaft torque);
- adhesion to the surface of parts of the site;
- the intensity of the consumption of lubricant (should take into account the ambient temperature, type and amount of work).
In the absence of the necessary lubricant, you can use the universal. The latter should contain some components:
- antiwear additives (without toxic lead);
- highly purified mineral oils (inorganic);
- solid lubricants with graphite or molybdenum disulfide.
To care for the nodes of the mechanism used lubricants of different consistency:
- Semi-fluid Such compositions contain a variety of additives and additives.
- Plastic. Are the most versatile option. Most often used for gears and helical gears.
- Solid. Plate suspension in original condition.
Special gear composition belongs to the semi-fluid system.
Popular is the lubricant for trimmer “Calm”. Due to the unique composition and components, wear is significantly reduced, and corrosion resistance increases.
The main properties of the lubricant of this brand are:
- resistance to oxidation;
- high penetrating power;
- resistance to high temperatures;
- high adhesion.
The lubricant “Calm” is suitable for brush cutters and trimmers, as well as for all transmissions with a closed housing.
- Strong (or fast) heating. The main reason is the lack of lubrication. If such a malfunction is found, add lubricant and run the tool in a gentle manner.
- Increased vibration, staggering gear. The reason is mechanical damage. Eliminated by tightening the case or replacing it.
- The presence of knocking, backlash or jamming when the shaft rotates. Causes of failure. the destruction of the bearing, damage to the anther. To prevent the occurrence of such defects should be lubricated gear trimmer. How and with what frequency to produce lubrication. indicated in the instructions from the manufacturer.
- Jamming knife trimmer under high loads. The reason. wear teeth. This problem cannot be fixed. Requires complete replacement of the mechanism.
For the smooth operation and durability of the mechanism should be carefully examined and maintained. The important point is the lubrication of moving parts.
In most cases, these are:
- place from the transition from the engine to a straight shaft;
- straight shaft joint with flexible;
- shaft transition with a landing head;
Popular among users is the multi-purpose waterproof grease “Litol-24”. The range of operating temperatures is from.40 to 120 degrees. This lubricant is used in friction units and is effective at elevated temperatures.
In the manufacture of lubricants, special substances that must meet environmental norms and standards are used. After production, they decompose without harming the environment.
The consistency of the material initially has an increased level of viscosity, and in the process of operation, this parameter decreases. Such a factor ensures complete penetration and reliable protection of working pairs under heating conditions.
Long-term use and smooth operation are ensured by timely and proper care for the implementation of care operations using various materials. Well-known manufacturers are developing their own branded care products. These include lubricant for trimmers “Husqvarna”, “Champion”, “Makita” and others. Oil is added to the gas trimmer gearbox every 8-10 working hours.
Experts advise using only original materials, the characteristics of which meet the requirements of the manufacturer. If there are none, you should clarify how to lubricate the trimmer gearbox. Experienced users do not advise the use of grease, because this material is not suitable for temperature and speed characteristics of the site, as well as the consistency. Also, the material does not have anti-wear properties.
The operating temperature range of grease is from minus 40 to 65 degrees, but even with such parameters during the heating process, the density of the material increases, and the lubricant itself becomes coarse. In case of an emergency need to process the tool, you can use “Litol-24”.
Most of the mowers and trimmers have a flexible shaft in their design. Its condition must be checked at least one time for 50 working hours. To perform this operation, you need to remove the tip of the rod, pull out the shaft and inspect it, then lubricate.
Inexpensive materials are suitable for the care of the shaft, and it is more difficult to select them for the trimmer gearbox. How to lubricate this mechanism depends on the manufacturer of the tool. It is best to use materials that contain molybdenum disulphide. The latter provides smoothing and filling of cracks on the working surface. Therefore, it is especially valued among users.
The use of a large amount of grease with high density leads to overheating of the mechanism, increased friction of working steam and fuel consumption. Therefore, the process of selection of materials and prevention should be treated responsibly.