The trimmer is one of the most common tools with which you can quickly and easily cut grass, cut small bushes, lawn grass and other weeds. It is no secret to anyone that in order to mow grass successfully, it is necessary to use the tool correctly and correctly handle individual cutting elements.
In trimmers it does not matter what kind of fuel they run on, special cutting nozzles (knives, disks) are used, and some trimmers are put on the market in the heads of which a cutting element such as fishing line is installed, and therefore many wonder how to put fishing line into the Stihl trimmer coil if there are no skills at all.
- Cutting nozzles in the form of knives can be sharpened, but the fishing line (also a cutting element) but tends to be consumed. Below we will talk about how to properly insert a cutting element. a fishing line into the coil of a Stihl trimmer.
The content of the article
Preparing the trimmer coil for winding
Initially, as a rule, the coil is installed to the head of the device itself. The coil consists of two parts. a cover and a spring.
- Whichever company you have, the trimmer training steps are the same for all kinds. Disassemble the device, or rather, remove the coil from the trimmer head. To do this, we press the locks located on the sides of the head housing all the way and turn the head clockwise.
- To open the mowing head without problems, press the side latches, if you can’t do it with your hands, use a flat screwdriver to help. We take the coil out of the head.
- In order to correctly choose a fishing line for your equipment, digital signs should be applied on the inside of the reel, which indicate the thickness and type of permissible fishing line. All designations are indicated, as a rule, in millimeters.
- If you did not find any numbers, then the maximum permissible diameter of the fishing line can be determined by the through hole for inserting the fishing line. The line must pass unhindered back and forth.
The process of winding fishing line on a reel
- After all the preparatory steps, we need to correctly determine how exactly the fishing line will be washed onto your device, by turning the lid or in the opposite direction.
- We measure out about 7 mm of cutting material and insert it into the bobbin hole with one end. It is worth noting that the fishing line is wound precisely on the model of mowers style from two sides. The direction of winding fishing line in such models is indicated on the bobbin itself.
- The line is brought up to about 17 cm freely so that weeds can be cut with the ends. We add that winding fishing line on a reel of enormous length is not worth it. Leave a distance of approximately 5 mm from the fishing line to the edge of the bobbin.
- The two ends of the fishing line are inserted into the holes of the bobbin. Both of these ends must be securely attached to the device.
- The springs removed from the coil (if any) are inserted as they were removed, i.e. into the bobbin and the head housing itself.
- To determine whether you inserted the fishing line into the trimmer correctly, you need the element (bobbin) to be easily inserted into the head housing of your device. If necessary, remove the loose ends of the fishing line still out. To achieve this, you need to abruptly pull the line out of the groove through the holes in the bobbin.
So, let’s say you figured out how fast, and most importantly, correctly wrap the fishing line on the Stihl trimmer reel. All that remains for you is to insert everything correctly into the grooves and fix the main cover to the device. Then you can click on the bobbin itself and make a counterclockwise movement until you feel the stop. If you do not feel the emphasis, then most likely you did not line the line correctly and you have to start all over from scratch.
A couple of tips
If the fishing line you wound correctly, then when you press the bobbin button, the cutting element should automatically be pulled out. The fishing line for your mower is one of the most important elements without which the trimmer can lose all of its functionality. You can say that the fishing line (cutting element) is the heart of your mower. Therefore, when buying fishing line, pay first of all to its quality. When purchasing a fishing line of a particular company, be sure to compare it with the quality of an old fishing line.
What can be used instead of fishing line
- If instead of a special cutting element, say fishing line, you install a metal cable, then your trimmer can “turn” into a real dangerous weapon not only for you and your eyes, but for all the people around you nearby. This is due to the fact that during the operation of the trimmer, the steel cable will constantly operate, which will lead to tangling, and its small pieces can fly apart on all sides with great speed.
- The same can happen if you use copper wire instead of a steel cable, but in this case the pieces of separation from the copper wire will be a little larger, and can lead to even more injury. And if God forbid, accidentally catch such a cutting element on the leg, then after that a deep cut of soft tissues will remain 100% guaranteed, and in some cases, all this can lead to amputation of small limbs (fingers) of the legs and even hands. Therefore, our advice to you, do not use any other cutting elements other than fishing line for your own safety and those around you.
Video: How to Remove Coil Stiga Sb Trimmer
The 1st Specialized Service Center Agrotechservice is ready to offer you professional repair of the Stiga lawn mowers and trimmers. Our company employs experienced, qualified and qualified mechanics who perform all types of work in the field of maintenance and repair of gardening equipment.
Stiga gas trimmer list:
SB 250 D, SB 420 D, SB 33 D, SB 320 D, SB 28 JD, SBC 635 KD, SB 435 HD, SB 43 DS, SB 425 H
Please be careful before contacting: our service center only repairs Stiga petrol trimmers. The list above does not include the entire Stiga range, feel free to call us and we will accept your trimmer for repairs if it is petrol!
Attention! Before contacting a service center!
The cost of repairing lawn mowers and Stiga trimmers
|Name of works||Price in rubles|
|Diagnostics (during repair diagnostics are not paid)||600 rub|
|Comprehensive maintenance (supplies and work)||1800 rub.|
|Engine bulkhead||2500 rub.|
|Cylinder replacement||1500 rub.|
|Replacing engine crankshaft||2500 rub.|
|Spark Plug Replacement||100 rub|
|Piston replacement||1500 rub.|
|Piston ring replacement||1500 rub.|
|Replacing engine oil seals||1500 rub.|
|Replacing Inlet||300 rub|
|Flywheel Replacement||500 rub|
|Replacing flywheel keys||500 rub|
|Clutch Replacement||500 rub|
|Clutch drum replacement||500 rub|
|Clutch Spring Replacement||500 rub|
|Replacing the dog / spring||300 rub|
|Carburetor Replacement and Adjustment||500 rub|
|Magneto Replacement||500 rub|
|Muffler replacement||200 rub|
|Crankcase replacement||500. 900 rub.|
|Crankcase gasket replacement||500. 900 rub.|
|Fuel priming primer replacement||100 rub|
|Fuel tank replacement||500 rub|
|Fuel hose replacement||200 rub|
|Replacing fuel line / filter||300 rub|
|Replacing the air filter||100 rub|
|Replacement (removal and installation) of a gas cable||100 rub|
|Replacing trigger / gas lock||500 rub|
|High voltage wire replacement||500 rub|
|Manual Starter Replacement||500. 1000 rub.|
|Starter Spring Replacement||500 rub|
|Starter Cord Replacement||600 rub|
|Ignition Switch Replacement||200 rub|
|Boom replacement||500 rub|
|Shaft / Rod Replacement||200 rub|
|Protective cover replacement||100 rub|
|Knife replacement||100 rub|
|Spool Replacement||100 rub|
|Replacing fishing line in the spool||100 rub|
|Gearbox replacement||300 rub|
|Manual starter repair||500. 1,500 rubles.|
|Carburetor repair||600. 2500 rubles.|
|Carb adjustment||500 rub|
|Throttle cable adjustment||100 rub|
|Adjustment of valves||1400 rub.|
|Fuel system cleaning||600. 800 rubles.|
|Gear Lubrication||100 rub|
The cost of our services can be changed after the diagnosis of your equipment. We work with each client individually, which means that the price calculation is carried out in accordance with the level of complexity of a particular type of work.
We are responsible for the results of our work, confirming that our words do not diverge from the deed!
- The blog
- About Service Center
- Serviced Brands
- Diagnostic and repair prices
- Spare parts
Repair and service of garden equipment.
Specialized Service Center "Agrotechservice". comprehensive warranty and post-warranty maintenance of landscape gardening and public utilities of world manufacturers! We carry out the sale of spare parts with delivery throughout Russia!