Husqvarna (Husqvarna) trimmers (chain saws) repair
It is easiest to give the lawnmower for repair, allocating a certain amount of money from the family budget, prompt and high-quality repair with their own hands is no less simple and convenient if you want to understand the design of the lawnmower and fix all the malfunctions.
Mass and piece production of trimmers is based on the use of common technology, the typical design scheme consists of certain elements and parts, it is important to know them when carrying out independent repair work:
- top part. The basis of the entire structure, where all the important elements are assembled, such as the starter motor, carburetor and lawnmower engine;
- middle part. The hollow rod, inside it there is a rope that connects the engine and the gearbox, which drives the cutting line for the trimmer. In this part there are mounts to distribute the weight of the entire structure and a belt to fix the grass trimmer on the belt of the person using the grass trimmer for its intended purpose;
- lower part. It contains the gearbox and cutting elements, which are hidden under a practical cover, which protects the user. The cover provides an increased level of safety by preventing coarse debris, stones, and glass from getting into your hands while you’re working with the chain saw.
Knowing precisely the internal structure and the principle of operation of the grass trimmer, you can independently carry out repair measures for the design or replacement of individual, failed nodes, using the instructions for repair.
The most common and common self-repairable breakdowns of the machine are the following problems
- engine malfunction, due to which the lawnmower does not start and does not work;
- increased vibration of the brushcutter bar, which complicates its intended use;
- Increased gearbox overheating, accelerated heating during operation;
- slow and weak functioning of the cutting line at insufficient RPM;
- clogging of the starter grid, causing the engine to overheat and stop working;
- rapid and frequent clogging of the carburetor due to the use of low-quality fuel;
- clogging of the air filter if you do not take care of the device.
All of these problems can lead to the fact that the device will lose its ability to work, before ordering the necessary spare parts for the trimmer without mowers should conduct a visual inspection and diagnose the device.
Particular attention should be paid to individual parts and assemblies of the device, you do not need to go to a professional technician to check them, a set of diagnostic measures will help your own hands to identify the cause of loss of performance.
Husqvarna 133 R gasoline grass trimmer
The device is suitable for daily use in heavy-duty applications. It is quite lightweight and has a sturdy design that does not allow the internal elements to overheat even after hours of operation.
The Husqvarna mower is equipped with a rugged housing that not only keeps your clothes relatively clean, but also protects you from accidental contact with the cutting element. The fuel priming pump speeds up the process of getting started.
With the peculiarities of design and specificity of repair work can be understood quite simply. The instruction manual on our portal will help in this.
Gasoline Husqvarna 133 R grass trimmer manual
How to remove the grass trimmer head: basic rules
To remove the trimmer head it is necessary, adhering to the elementary rules in the work with a brushcutter and electric counterpart, and the main ones we will name:
- Clamp the gearbox to unscrew the head must be a special hexagon or gently with a screwdriver, dipping it into a special hole. The latter can be heavily clogged with grass and merge with the overall color, so. delicately clean and find it;
- It is necessary to jam it, so that the shaft does not turn;
- Especially carefully work with the dismantling of a broken or cracked coil. its elements can be everywhere;
- Many users of gasoline mower today are looking for “grass trimmer remove the head” on the network, and we in instructive articles and videos also do Accent on different types of threads. take into account the nuances of your tool;
- For convenience, it is practiced to turn the tool upside down with the motor, laying it on a horizontal surface;
- Shock and force applied when removing the mowing head is inappropriate because the delicate plastic housing may be damaged;
- Install a new reel or an old one, if it is still usable, on a cleaned tool.
- The new tackle must match the parameters of the old one. Installation of another component, the characteristics of which do not meet the power of the grass mower, can have a negative impact on its elements and the work of the mechanism as a whole;
- We recommend working with a cleaned tool to prevent debris and small grass particles from entering the holes;
- Locking the reducer by sliding a screwdriver into the slot is a must when installing a new reel or removing an old one;
- Be aware of the preponderance of left-hand threads on the gearbox of most trimmers;
- Remember to remove the screwdriver from the gear slot when you have finished installing the spool in place;
- All fixing and removal should be carried out delicately, remembering that the coil is made of thin plastic;
- You should not screw the new spool (or the old one in its place) too tight, because after working hours it will be impossible to remove it the next time you remove it. There is also no need to fix too lightly. weigh the load placed on this knot during operation and the resistance of the cutting material;
- If you need instead of the reel on the grass trimmer to determine the knife or bobbin. analogue cutting tackle, then the gear unit is carried out as well, the twisting is carried out according to the same scheme, but the assembly itself is slightly different due to the specifics of each individual tackle. Assemble the knives on the weed trimmer with reel if the tool is functionally used with different types of gear.
If you need to buy a fishing line for the grass trimmer, you can do it on the expanses of our site, and how to mount and replace it correctly. we will gladly tell you in our articles.
How to make metal blades for grass trimmer
Mowing the grass on a country site, I once again bumped into an iron object sticking out of the ground with a trimmer. The result of this “meeting”. a broken tool spool. No spare part, no place to buy it, but I had to mow.
I had to be smart and repair the device.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR THIS ARTICLE IS HERE
I made up and drew a drawing of the new cutter (see pic: “How to make metal trimmer blades” on page 56). Figure. on pg. 18) I made the necessary parts from a metal plate according to the sketch. Assembled the ready assembly and fastened it to the working shaft of the grass trimmer (instead of the coil).
For this purpose, I pressed a bushing on it (photo n. 1) with a welded washer (2) bolts M4 bolts screwed knives to the last (3) For the mechanism does not turn during rotation of the shaft, additionally secured it cotter pin (4)
Cotter pin hole (4) is better drilled after installing the assembly on the grass trimmer shaft.
If a washer of the correct diameter is not on hand, it can be made from sheet metal ! 2 to 3 mm thick. First I drill a hole in the strip, ! The diameter of the tube is the same as the tube’s diameter, and the washer can be made from a piece of sheet metal!
At long and repeated use of the tool with such attachment it is necessary to watch for wear of fasteners (bolts) of blades and to change fasteners in due time.
How to make metal blades for grass trimmer
Mowing the grass in the countryside once more I stumbled over a metal object sticking out of the ground with my trimmer. The result of such an “encounter” was a broken tool-coil. I have no spare part, nowhere to buy it, but I have to mow.
I had to be clever and to repair the device.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR THIS ARTICLE IS HERE
I made up my mind and drew a drawing of the new trimmer (see: “How to make a hole in the ground with a trimmer”). Figure. on page. 18) According to the sketch, made the necessary parts from the metal plate. Assembled the completed assembly and attached it to the working shaft of the grass trimmer (instead of the spool).
For this I pressed a sleeve on it (photo n. 1) with a welded washer (2) bolts (M4) bolted blades to the last (3) To prevent the mechanism from turning during the rotation of the shaft, additionally secured it with a cotter pin (4)
It is better to drill a hole for cotter pins (4) after installing the assembly on the grass trimmer shaft.
If you have no washer of the correct diameter at hand, it can be made from sheet metal [ ! 2-3 mm in thickness. First, drill a hole in the strip, ! equal to the diameter of the tube, and for- important!
With long and repeated use of the tool with such a nozzle, it is necessary to monitor the wear of the fasteners (bolts) of the blades and timely change the fasteners.
Changing the strand on the trimmer
If the grass trimmer reel button lightly strikes the ground, the line for the trimmer does not lengthen, the prerequisites for this happen the following.
Variant 1. jamming came out, t.е. Cord clamping between coils. This problem usually appears if the user has wound the line for the trimmer on the reel unevenly, with crossed windings, or has wound it with insufficient tension. In the latter case, when the mowing head rotates at high revolutions, the cord begins to tighten under the influence of centrifugal force, under the influence of which you have the inter-twist clamping of the line. To fix the problem will have to dismantle the spool on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, in other words, even turns with a good tension.
Variant 2.7. very short ends stick out of the head. the line for the trimmer may not come out when hitting the ground, if its ends, sticking out of the head, are not long enough (not long enough). Here the centrifugal force is not enough to stretch the line for the trimmer. Therefore, it is necessary to stop the unit (turn off the engine as it is also called disconnect grass trimmer from the mains) and pull the line for the trimmer manually, having previously pressed the button.
Option 3. trimmer line is soldered inside the mowing head. This leads to the fact that the spool is blocked and does not even spin when the button is pressed. In the main, this occurs for several reasons: poor quality cord, overheating of the reel during prolonged operation of the unit, the impact of the line on solid objects.
- In the beginning, the cord from other manufacturers is made of low-quality and fusible materials that can not withstand the mechanical and thermal loads. That’s why you should give preference to “branded” lines.
- If you still caught line for a trimmer unknown properties, and it often soldered in its time of operation, it is possible to follow the example of some users, who after filling the cord in the coil lubricate it or silicone grease (from a canister), or mineral oil. This procedure considerably reduces the possibility of welding the coils of the line to each other.
- Also, the line for the trimmer may meld if it hits a hard object (a rock, a fence, a dry branch, etc.) while mowing.д.). At the end of it little stretches and pulls at high speed back into the head. The friction causes the cord to warm and the coils to stick together. The only thing to do to fix this problem. is to open the spool trimmer for grass and rewind line trimmer.
String mowing head is a type of the garden trimmer’s action mechanism. It is intended for mowing grass and represents a special reel (spool), from which the cutting cord (string, fishing line for trimmer) stick out in different directions. The string is a consumable item that must be replaced in use. Based on the design and operational features of the grass trimmer, manufacturers equip their products with a variety of types of heads. from simple manual reels to complex automatic reels. The more complex is the device of this mechanism, the more likely is its breakdown. What to do if the spool does not spin, the string does not feed or breaks, as well as with other malfunctions. in the material below.
Husqvarna lawnmower. replacement of the trimmer head with a metal blade
How to change a line for a trimmer in a mowing head, spool of a Husqvarna 128R brushcutter The online store of spare parts.
From all of the above it follows that the manual mowing head for grass trimmer is inconvenient. That is why you should choose the automatic type. But this grass trimmer head is not popular with users, because it uses up a lot of fishing line. Consequently, the semi-automatic is the best type.
Classification by the way of filling
The grass trimmer head can have several ways of threading the line:
- Quick-release. New cord is wound without disassembling the spool, that is, you do not need to remove it from the device. The end of the new piece is pushed onto the spool and wound the specified number of times. The cord is trimmed when it reaches a specific size. The line head for this type of grass trimmer is made by Shindaiwa and Speed-Freed.
- Collapsible. Here the name speaks for itself. To replace the new cord, you need to remove the spool from the equipment, then unwind the old line for the trimmer and wind the new.
Classification by threading method
The grass trimmer head can have several ways of threading the line:
- Speed-Freed. A new cord is rewound without taking the spool apart, which means that it does not need to be removed from the device. The end of the new piece is hooked into the reel, and then reeled on a certain number of times. The cord is cut when it reaches a specific size. Grass trimmer line head of this type is made by Shindaiwa and Speed-Freed.
- Collapsible. The name says it all. To change the new filament, you need to remove the spool from the equipment, then unwind the old trimmer line and wind the new one.
It should be noted that the cutting head for the grass trimmer contains special arrows. They allow the spool to rotate in different directions. If there is a need to wind the line for the trimmer in the direction of rotation of the shaft, it rotates to a specific position. Large amounts of wound filament can damage the equipment. Two arrows are found only on imported models. Now there are heads with one arrow on the market.
If the cord is not wound after striking the semiautomatic head, the previous winding has not been done correctly. That is, after the grass trimmer head has been installed, the user has not pulled the line ends out of the grooves. Another unpleasant moment when mowing grass can be the sintering of the coils. Why does this happen?? It happens when the filament meets a hard object. At the same time, it brakes sharply and during the subsequent movement of the line for the trimmer begins to go inside the device. It is thereby caught on the bobbin and clumps together. Because of this, the worker has to take a break and correct the situation. However, this can be avoided. How to replace, remove the head of the grass trimmer blackdecker gl716. Before installing the reel, the line for the trimmer must be treated with a special silicone substance.
For different models of trimmers use a semi-automatic head, which consists of two parts. the body and the bobbin. Both elements contain springs. The second part can be performed in several variants:
- single-section. both parts of the line are wound together;
- two-sectional. each end is wound on a certain part; this type is the most effective, because the line for the trimmer does not get tangled and does not sinter.
There is a simple and cheap way to turn a one-section bobbin into a two-section bobbin. You will need a sturdy plate for this. It is necessary to cut a circle from it, the diameter of which should be equal to the thickness of the bobbin. This takes the thickness near the place where the line for the trimmer is wound. This wheel moves freely. Next, a cut is made on the ring, put on the bobbin and connected with glue or tape. As a result, it is possible to wind the line for the trimmer on the desired section. How to remove the spool from a Makita um3830 grass trimmer. The head for the universal grass trimmer can have from two to four holes that are facing each other. From them come out slanting ends. In addition to the presented spools, there are heads where a certain size of line is inserted. In this case, the number of whiskers is increased to twelve. Many users believe that such a device is quite convenient. However, not all people hold this opinion. They think that in this situation, you will have to use more fishing line. The most wearable element in the design of a grass trimmer with shrubs. How the head and. In addition, in order to replace it, it is necessary to stop the work process. The grass trimmer head, the Caliber of which can be varied, is suitable for cutting grass, shrubs and trees. Before you buy a grass trimmer, it is necessary to study the terrain, as well as the features of the equipment. So, we found out what the universal grass trimmer head is for and how to refuel it properly.
What types of lines are there?
A common type of fishing line that fits virtually all types of spools is a round section cord. How to remove a spool from a mowing head. Before the trimmer head. This line is an ordinary trimmer line, suitable for mowing lush grass, but it will be much harder to mow dead grass, and it is much less suitable for shrubs.
Typically, the cross section, which can mow young grass, does not exceed 1.6 mm. The thicker the thread, the more coarse grass it can overcome.
There are lines with sharpened facets in the form of a star or a square, such a version is more adapted to mow dry grass just by having a sharp edge, but the disadvantage is its greater wear and tear, and on the strength it concedes round cord.
There are lines with improved aerodynamics with appropriate indentations, scales and notches, a similar product makes less noise, but use it only on benzokosa, since the output of such thread from the spool is difficult, using it in most cases with discs, which are inserted segments. Answer@: how to remove the mowing head from the grass trimmer. The disadvantage of such a product is its fragility.
In most cases, the gasoline trimmer with an engine more than 1.5 liters of power.с. use cords with an iron rope inside. This article explains how to disassemble the trimmer head and how to from the grass trimmer. Such a thread is perfectly suitable for mowing dry grass and small bushes. Install the trimmer head remove it from the gear rod or from the engine. How. The presence of the core, positively affects the durability of this material. The disadvantage of such a cord is its price, which is significantly higher than the above listed opponents.
How to tuck the trimmer line into the grass trimmer spool
In order to wind up the line for the trimmer, it will take about 10-15 minutes. What is a grass trimmer reel? Plastic body with a cassette inside, which has a special hook for comfortable winding line. Virtually all trimmer reels have a similar attachment principle, this is the central screw-button, when pressing it, it is possible to pull the line for the trimmer of the required length. The photo below shows several examples of different spools for trimmers.
Bobbins of trimmers, the motor of which is near the ground, have a different attachment to the axis of rotation, they have two buttons on the spool, located at the edges, which should be released, otherwise, the change of thread in no way differs from other cassettes.
The principle of the correct winding of the line is identical in all of the above cases, because for example, consider the standard version with 2 antennas.
To remove the spool with the line you need to unscrew the screw, located in the center, but note the thread is left, so you have to turn it clockwise, it is made specially so that during operation it is not opened under the influence of centrifugal force.
Next, using a screwdriver, disassemble the head and pull out the spool, on which the line for the trimmer is wound. Having measured the necessary length and having folded in half, it is necessary to tuck the line for a trimmer into a reel, having deduced, in the end, its ends opposite to each other (for this purpose there are special slots for fixing).
Then assemble the mowing head in reverse order by threading the ends of the cord through the two corresponding holes.
If there are any doubts or is not quite clear how to charge the line trimmer on the grass trimmer, we advise to see how to correctly wind the line for a trimmer lawnmower. How to take the head off the grass trimmer. In this video clip, the instructor will carefully step-by-step unfold the trimmer head, measure the right amount of fishing line, usually 2 to 4 meters, and demonstrate the assembly and installation on the grass trimmer.
What types of lines are available?
A commonly encountered type of fishing line that is suitable for virtually all types of spools. cord of circular cross section. How to remove the coil from the mowing head assembly. Before the trimmer head. This line is an ordinary trimmer, applicable to mowing succulent grass, but mow dried grass with it will be much harder, and much less she could not cope with shrubs.
Usually, the cross section, with which you can mow young grass, does not exceed 1.6 mm. The thicker the thread, the coarser the grass it can overcome.
There is a fishing line with sharpened facets in the form of a star or a square, such a version is more adapted to mow dry grass just by having a sharp edge, but the disadvantage is its greater wear and tear, and on the strength it concedes round cord.
There are lines with improved aerodynamics with appropriate indentations, scales and notches, a similar product makes less noise, but use it only on the benzos, as the output of such a thread from the spool is difficult, using it in most cases with disks, which are inserted segments. Answer@: how to remove the mowing head from the grass trimmer. The disadvantage of such a product is its fragility.
In most cases, in gasoline trimmers with an engine more than 1.5 liters of power.с. use cord with an iron cord inside. This article explains how to disassemble the trimmer head and how from the grass trimmer. Such a thread is perfectly suitable for mowing dry grass and small bushes. Install the trimmer head remove it from the gear rod or from the engine. How. The presence of a core, positively affects the durability of this material. The disadvantage of such cord is its price, which is significantly higher than the above-mentioned opponents.
How to tuck the trimmer line into the grass trimmer spool
To wind up a line for a trimmer, you’ll need about 10-15 minutes. What is a grass trimmer reel? Plastic body with a cassette inside, which has a special hook for comfortable winding line. Virtually all trimmer reels have a similar attachment principle, this is the central screw-button, when you press it, it becomes possible to pull out the line for the trimmer of the required length. The photo below shows several examples of different trimmer spools.
Bobbins trimmers, whose motor is located at the very ground, have another attachment to the axis of rotation, they have on the spool two buttons located at the edges, which should be pressed, otherwise the change of a thread does not differ from the other cassette.
The principle of the correct winding of the fishing line is identical in all of the above cases, so for example, consider a standard version with 2 antennas.
To remove the spool with a fishing line to unscrew the screw, located in the center, but note the thread is left, so you have to twist clockwise, it is made specially, so that during operation it is not opened under the influence of centrifugal force.
Next, using a screwdriver, dismantle the head and remove the spool, which actually winds up a fishing line for a trimmer. Measuring the desired length and folded in half, it is necessary to tuck the line for the trimmer into the spool, eventually bringing its ends opposite each other (for this purpose there are special slots for fixing).
After that it is necessary to assemble the head in the reverse order, passing the ends of the cord through the two corresponding holes.
If there are any doubts, or it is not completely clear how to charge the line for a trimmer on the grass trimmer, we advise to see how to correctly wind the line for a trimmer in a lawnmower. How to remove the head from the grass trimmer. In this video clip, the instructor will carefully step-by-step uncoil the trimmer head, measure the correct amount of fishing line, usually 2 to 4 meters, and demonstrate the assembly and installation on the grass trimmer.
Typical malfunctions and troubleshooting
Naturally, the owners of trimmers encounter those or other mowing head malfunctions in the process of operation. Most often, they are associated with certain difficulties in pulling (lengthening) the cutting filament from the spool. The most usual reason for lack of line feed is line “jamming” between coils or line sticking.
If the string does not feed
In this case the reason of defect is the wrong winding of cutting filament. the line for the trimmer may be wound with insufficient tension, which causes the coils to cross over each other and entangle the string. As the spool rotates, the cutting cord is tightened by the resulting centrifugal force, which in turn causes the free end of the line to get caught between the coils. To remedy this fault, the reel must be removed, disassembled and rewound so that the line runs in even rows and is flush to one another.
If the string is sticking
String coils sticking together directly in the mowing head can be caused:
Tip! To avoid the cords sticking together inside the mowing head, specialists recommend applying a thin layer of silicone grease on the surface of the line after threading it into the spool. It is also best not to use lines for trimmers from unknown manufacturers.
If the user still could not avoid the adhesion of the fishing line, then to repair the grass trimmer reel should be removed and replace the existing cord with a better quality.
If the consumption of the line is too high
With semi-automatic mowing heads, the user may find accelerated consumption of the cutting line due to spontaneous lengthening of the line. This is generally caused by a slackening of the spring inside the reel. You can fix the problem by putting a few washers under the spring.
Repair ‘Gardena electric grass trimmer (changing the spool)
The guaranteed output of a factory grass trimmer will inevitably require a change in the mowing line. Having a very rough idea of how to insert the trimmer fishing line into the grass trimmer spool by themselves, beginners are reluctant to go into this business. But, having certain abilities, mastering this simple science is not difficult, and such instructions, presented below, will greatly facilitate such a process.
First of all, in order to wind the line for the trimmer, it is necessary to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the grass trimmer; certain actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of product itself:
READ How to Properly Install a Piston in a Grass Trimmer
Small electronic grass trimmers with the motor operating position and spool at the bottom, you have side buttons on both sides of the bobbin. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool, along with the inner m for winding the fishing line, disengages, although the lower.
The video is dedicated to the problem of changing the mowing line in grass trimmers, it will be interesting for everyone who deals with such devices. A man in work clothes appears in front of the audience and promises to immediately and at the same time detail the method of manipulation required if you set out to change or rewind the line for the trimmer.
The hero is attracted by how important it is to get a quality line for the trimmer first, then it will be reliable and will last a long time. Then the man points out how to easily remove the old trimmer line, then he shows the very one he already has. Going to.
How to change, remove the BlackDecker GL716 electronic grass trimmer head when repairing, that is, changing.
BlackDecker GL716 electric grass trimmer was brought in for repair. By his example, we will show how to remove the Powerhead, grass trimmer head, Powerhead, different sources call it differently. If you set out to remove the grass trimmer head, it needs to be disassembled. To do this, release the side latches that are symmetrically located on both sides. We press two fingers there, with the other hand, gently shaking off the top cover. Take out the bobbin to wind the mowing line. We can see the screw is slightly deepened. Sprocket or flat socket. Holding the body of the bobbin with one hand, unscrew the screw counterclockwise. Swinging from side to side, pulling the body of the headstock only toward you. Now you understand how to change, remove.
Husqvarna 128R grass trimmer
The Husqvarna 128R is ideal for home use because of its flexible shaft and extra durability, while the primer and auxiliary starter spring make it easy to start the lawn mower.
The model is complemented by the two-shoulder belt attachment that many are familiar with, which distributes the load on your back. The ignition switch returns to the original position after pressing and stopping the machine, preparing the “basis” for the next start.
- Weight. 5 kg;
- Gasoline tank capacity. 0.4 L;
- Engine displacement is 28 cc. see;
- Power. 1.1L. с.;
- Cutting system. trimmer blade/blade.
Quality Champion RCJ6Y spark plug is considered one of the best among modern Husqvarna trimmers, and gasoline consumption is less than 507 g/kWh, which is an excellent economy.
Grass trimmer starter repair
To change the spring, work carefully and carefully: it can, under the force caused by putting it in place, accidentally rupture. Even if one removes the roller carefully, the springy strip comes off the coil in a short time and can injure the hand with its sharpened edges.
It is not necessarily possible to put the spring plate back in place immediately. It often slips, so the test should be repeated until the desired result.
The starter unit is assembled in a series of steps:
- The coil is turned, setting it so that the spring bend exactly fits into the housing slot, as shown in the photo below;
- put two washers and place the spring between them;
- put the cup with the tendrils in place;
- screw in the screw (photo on).
When performing the above manipulations, two washers must be put under the coil. If this is not done, the spring over time will damage the plastic cup, and when it is tightened will begin to podklizhenie. Because of this it feels as if the spring has come off. To eliminate this defect, you need to install this part of a longer length or an additional washer.
When such parts are not available, you can simply loosen the screw a little, and the starter unit starts to work without jamming. Alas, this option is temporary. it is better to repair.
Once the spring is installed, it should be tightened. For this purpose, you do the following acts: