Even the most reliable technology sometimes fails. And the more often and more intensively people use the devices, the more often this happens. Of course, if the rules for operation and maintenance are observed, the number of “accidents” is reduced, but no one has yet succeeded in avoiding them.
Device breakages can be different, but in some cases, it is allowed to repair the trimmer with your own hands.
The device devices powered by the network is always easier than equipped with its power drive. The trimmer consists of a mechanical part that informs the trimmer head torque, an electric motor and a power cable. All its breakdowns can be divided into three groups.
The cutting surface of the trim head is a fishing line. The first and most common reason for stopping the device are problems with its supply.
- If the fishing line is over, then follow the instructions, you need to wind the new one.
- The fishing line can get confused. In this case, it is unwound, and the bobbin is replaced if it is damaged.
- Nylon thread can stick together from overheating with prolonged use, the repair is reduced to rewinding fishing line.
- The coil itself is damaged, for example, the bottom has fallen off. You can replace it or make a bottom with your own hands. For this, you need a piece of PCB and a bolt with a nut.
- If everything is in order with the coil, the engine starts, but the head does not rotate, then it is worth checking the drive shaft. If it breaks, you will need to contact the service center.
Repair of gasoline trimmers in the mechanical part is not different from repairing an electric apparatus.
Repair of electrical trimmers will require at least an indicator screwdriver, a multimeter and a blowtorch. “By the eye” damage is difficult to determine, except for the most obvious.
The symptom for any reason is the same: the engine does not work.
- Damage to the power cable. repair trimmers comes down to replacing it.
- Outlet malfunction. installed by checking the outlet with an indicator screwdriver or simply connecting the device to another.
- Damage to the plug — it’s easy to disassemble it and do it yourself.
- The serviceability of the control knob is checked with an indicator screwdriver: if any of the wires break, the contact does not close. Damaged wiring should be replaced.
- The stator winding on the engine is checked with a multimeter: install the device to determine the minimum resistance and connect the probes to the graphite brushes. If the resistance is not measured, then the winding is burned out. In this case, the engine must be replaced with a new one. Parts for electric trimmers are usually easy to find.
- The reason may be in the cliff of any of the contact connections. Therefore, if the winding is intact, then each connection is checked with a multimeter, and the broken contact is sealed with your own hands. In the photo. the process of soldering.
Troubleshooting a gas trimmer.
The design of the device is more complicated because, in addition to the drive. more complex, there is a gas distribution system, fuel tank and control.
From mechanical damage, clogged filters are added. According to the rules of operation, their replacement is included in the maintenance of the device.
It is not recommended to purchase models of lesser-known manufacturers: not because they may be of poor quality, but because spare parts for gasoline trimmers of the less common are much more difficult to obtain.
Fuel systems and ignition.
Failures often occur on this site, repairing it yourself is quite possible here.
- If the gas mower does not start or stops immediately, the cause may be the failure of the ignition system. To check, you need to turn out the candle and inspect it. If the candle has traces of the fuel mixture, then the problem is to adjust the carburetor. If the candle is covered with black soot, it will have to be replaced. Such parts for trimmers are easy to find.
- Nagar is formed on the candle when using low-octane gasoline or in violation of a cold start.
- If the candle is dry, the cause of the breakdown may be a clogged fuel hose. When it is disconnected, gasoline must flow. Otherwise, you need to inspect the filter and replace it if it is clogged (it is recommended to carry out the procedure once every three months). The breather, if it is a matter of it, is cleaned with a needle.
- Nagar can accumulate on the silencer. This item is removed, washed in kerosene and annealed with a burner. In the photo. gasoline trim on the check.
It is much more difficult to diagnose and fix the damage here. If the machine is under warranty, any trim repair shop can handle problems faster.
The most common, and easiest to eliminate, is the destruction of piston rings. To check you need to dismantle the cylinder head and remove the piston.