Getting to know the instrument
The question of how to mow correctly with a lawn mower and trimmer is mainly asked by beginners who have recently acquired these tools. Before starting work, it is recommended to know the design and device of the lawn mower. The main structural elements of the considered tools include:
- 2-stroke gasoline engine. There are tools with 4-stroke engines, the disadvantage of which is their heavy weight
- Fuel tank. Storage tank dilution of gasoline with oil
- Reducer. The transmission mechanism by means of which the torque is transmitted from the engine shaft to the actuator
- Starter. Petrol engine starting device
- Barbell. Rigid base that connects the engine to the working body
In addition to gasoline trimmers, manufacturers also produce electric and battery analogs. The main disadvantage of gasoline units in comparison with electric and battery units is their large mass. The weight of petrol-type trimmers reaches 8-10 kg (4-stroke), which depends primarily on the power. To simplify the operation of the tool, manufacturers supplement their units with special belts, which are also called unloading belts.
Knowing the design of the tool is necessary in order to learn how to work correctly. Unlike electric and battery-powered counterparts, the Trimmer not only needs to be able to mow the grass, but also starts the engine.
It is interesting! To start the electric lawn mower, you only need to press the start button, and the start of the gasoline unit is carried out by using a starter.
The trimmer loves cleanliness. It is necessary Keep the air filter and fuel clean. Gasoline bought at a gas station should be left to stand for 2 days and passed through a simple filter. A piece of baikovy matter.
We check the electrical equipment as follows:
1. Unscrew the candle, inspect the gap between the electrodes. We set the correct gap between the electrodes, you can Dedovsk way. Take the razor blade, break it in half and insert a homemade probe between the electrodes. If the blades fit tightly, then the gap is perfect.
2. Put the high-voltage wire cap on the candle and lean the candle against the metal surface of the engine. We pull the starter several times. If the spark hits one point well, then the gap is adjusted correctly. If not. The spark is weak or wanders, then it is necessary to re-adjust the gap between the electrodes.
Starting lawn mowers with cold engine
To start the lawn mowers for the first time, locate the choke lever and place it in the closed. Turn on the ignition on the handle. If your model has a manual fuel pump, popularly called suction, then press it 3-5 times until you see the fuel mixture inside the primer. The tool is now ready to run. Lay the trimmer on a flat surface to ensure a stable position. Pull the starter rope gently until you feel its resistance, and then pull the rope towards you with a sharp movement 3-5 times.
If the engine starts after 5 jerks, open the choke. If this does not happen, open the air damper anyway (if the damper is open and you continue trying to start the engine, the fuel will flood the spark plug and have to dry it, and this is a waste of time).
If the engine does NOT start with the throttle open, close it and continue pulling the cord. The first start can be quite difficult and require up to 15 jerks. After the engine has started to work, press the throttle lever once, so you engage idle speed. Now let the engine run and warm up. After that it can be stopped by pressing the button Stop.
Filling lawn mowers with petrol and oil
The tool must be filled with fuel before mowing with the lawn mower. Gasoline with oil is used as fuel. However, considering that it is only necessary to mix gasoline with oil for two-stroke engines. Four-stroke engines run on pure gasoline, since they have a separate container in their design. Oil sump. There is an oil sump in the design of 2-stroke petrol trimmers, therefore, only gasoline and oil should be poured into the tank.
It is recommended to use AI-92 fuel as gasoline. In order not to make a mistake in choosing, you need to read the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Often, most manufacturers recommend using AI-92 fuel, and only a few recommend using AI-95.
Gasoline must be diluted with a small amount in a ratio of 1 to 25. This means that 40 ml of two-stroke oil must be added to 1 liter of gasoline. However, not everything is so simple here either. The proportion of 1 to 25 is universal, but there are different values for each instrument model. These values are also indicated by the manufacturer in the instructions. details on how to properly dilute gasoline and oil in a lawn mower is described. After diluting gasoline with oil, fill the tank full, and start working.
It is interesting! If a four-stroke lawn mower is refueled, then clean gasoline must be poured into the tank, and engine oil is added to the oil container to the maximum level.
Instructions on how to use a petrol trimmer learning how to start the tool
Before using the tool, it must be started initially. How to start a lawn mower, we will consider in detail. To begin with, the tool should be positioned on a flat surface so that the disc attached to the shaft does NOT catch on anything. After that, we proceed to start the engine of the lawn mowers:
- Initially, you should pump fuel into the starting system. To do this, press 4-5 times into the primer (soft hemisphere into the carburetor)
- Next, switch the carburetor switch to mode OFF. This switch is responsible for opening and closing the air damper. Switching the switch to mode “OFF” allows you to make the fuel mixture rich during start-up
- There is a switch on the handle near the accelerator. He is responsible for turning the ignition on and off. Before starting, you need to turn the ignition switch to the mode 1
- Now you can start. To do this, hold the tool with one hand and pull the starter handle with the other. If the scythe engine does NOT start the first time, then you should not despair. Start attempts must be made until the engine starts. This usually requires 2-3 reps.
- If, after 5, the engine does NOT start, then the fuel suction should be repeated using a primer, and start again
- As soon as the engine starts, you need to set the choke switch to the mode ON. This means that a mixture of fuel and air enters the cylinder.
- Let the tool run for 15-30 seconds at idle while the engine is warming up, after which you can start mowing
The above instructions for starting the engine of lawn mowers and trimmers are appropriate for a cold start. If a pause was made during the operation by the tool, then when restarting the engine that has not cooled down, it is necessary to close the throttle valve. You just need to turn on the ignition, and pull the starter handle.
It is interesting! If the lawn mower is new, remember that it cannot be operated at full capacity until the break-in procedure has been completed. It is important to take this into account, otherwise the engine parts will quickly wear out and fail.
Also, the ignition coil may be punctured in electrical equipment. In this case, the lawn mower Will not start or will start and work intermittently, and then stalls, or hot” does not start at all.
You can check the coil’s serviceability in the same way as when checking a spark: unscrew the candle, lean it against the trimmer body. If there is a spark during the jerk of the starter, or it appears every other time. Need to change the coil.
How to start a chainsaw
The question of how to start a chainsaw can be divided into two parts:
- Factory according to instructions
- What to do if you can’t start
The information from the first part will be useful to those who have lost the instructions, or those who have little information about the instructions.
The second part will tell you what to do if you did everything correctly according to the instructions, but the chainsaw still Does not start. It will also be useful for those who have a poorly started chainsaw.
Why the chainsaw won’t start?
If you did everything according to the instructions, and the chainsaw does not start, then something is wrong with it. Therefore, several of the most common reasons may be to blame: there is no spark; Fuel is NOT supplied; clogged air filter. So, below we suggest a procedure that will help identify the reason why the chainsaw does not start.
We start the chainsaw according to the instructions
In different chainsaws, starting can be done in different ways. Let us examine two of the most popular mechanisms that are used to start a chainsaw that exist today. Let’s take the Stihl MS 180 and Echo CS-352ES chainsaws as an example. If you have a different brand of chainsaw, then just try to start by analogy, since most likely you have the same or similar mechanism.
Before starting the description of the starting process, I would like to note that for some chainsaws, the instructions say that before starting the chainsaw, you need to turn on the emergency stop brake. Say it’s safer. However, it is more difficult to start the chainsaw with a fixed brake, so it is better to unlock it. If you do everything wisely, then the chainsaw will not do anything to you during startup. If you are afraid that without fixing the brake the chainsaw, when you try to start it, can harm you, then it is better then NOT to take this tool at all.
So let’s start with the Stihl MS 180.
- The first thing to do before starting this chainsaw. This is to move the throttle adjustment lever to the lower position (fig. 1). Please note that this lever moves to the very bottom on the chainsaw only if the gas button is pressed. Therefore, hold down the gas button and move the lever down. Thus, we close the choke in the carburetor and fix the gas in the chainsaw in the pressed position.
After you have done this, further, to start the chainsaw, you begin to pull the starter handle with an energetic movement, until I hear that the chainsaw tried to start and immediately stalled. After that, we move the throttle position adjustment lever into the chainsaws one step up (Fig. 2).
- In this position, pulling the starter handle again until the chainsaw starts. At the same time, if it turned out to be started, due to the fact that the throttle stick is fixed in the pressed position, it will immediately work at high speeds.
- Next, press and release the gas button on the chainsaw once. The throttle adjustment lever will automatically move to the working position (Fig. 3), and the speed of the chainsaw will drop. Now you can work.
- If you need to start a heated chainsaw, then you just need to put the lever in the position, as in fig. 3, and you can wind up.
- To stop the engine of the chainsaw, raise the choke adjustment lever to the upper position (Fig. 4).
Now let’s analyze the second second mechanism that allows you to start the chainsaw.
- First, before trying to start, turn on the ignition, move the toggle switch or the switch of the chainsaw to the appropriate position (fig. 5).
Then press the swap primer several times (Fig. 6). Gasoline will be pumped into it and after that we press it 3-5 more times. If you have a chainsaw without a primer, then go to the next step.
Now on the chainsaw, pull the throttle position adjustment lever to the end (fig. 7). In some chainsaws, in order to start it, this lever can be pulled out only when the gas button is pressed, while the gas button itself will be fixed in the pressed position. Secondly, it is not necessary to press the gas button. True, in this case, the gas on the chainsaw is automatically fixed or NOT fixed at all.
Procedure if your chainsaw does not start
The first thing I would like to note is if your chainsaw does not start. No screws on the carburetor are cool. If you are NOT an expert, you still will NOT be able to set up something on your own and start the chainsaw will work.
The next steps required in order to start the chainsaw, performing in order, starting to do the action under the next number only if the previous one did not help.
- For starters, try just leaving the chainsaw alone for 5-10 minutes. Perhaps a candle was poured into it during firing. It happens. Then try starting again according to the instructions.
- Remove the housing cover on the chainsaw, Take out the air filter and try to start without it. If the filter is dirty, it should be washed in soapy water and dried or replaced with a new one.
- Unscrew the spark plug into the chainsaws. Check for a spark. If sparks are present, try putting in a new candle. If the spark still does not arise, then this means that the ignition unit is damaged and dust must be taken to repair. However, visual observation of a spark does NOT mean that the ignition unit is working properly. If there is a spark, but the chainsaw failed to start, do the following steps on the list.
- If there is a spark, but the candle is wet, then Turn the chainsaw over to drain excess gas from the cylinder if it has accumulated there. Pull the starter 10-15 times without a spark plug to ventilate the combustion chamber. Ignite the candle and screw it back, or better, change it to a new one, if available. Try starting again according to the instructions.
- If the candle is dry, draw one or two gas mixture cubes into the syringe and pour it into the cylinder. Try starting your chainsaw. Perhaps a small speck has got into the carburetor, which prevents fuel from entering the combustion chamber. It is quite possible that this speck will be pulled out by the stream formed after starting the chainsaw by adding fuel directly to the cylinder.
- Unscrew the muffler and remove it, being careful NOT to spoil the gasket between the muffler and the engine. Try starting without muffler and air filter. When you remove the muffler in the chainsaw, you can inspect the piston from the inside. If there are burrs or scuffs on the walls of the cylinder or the piston, or if the ring on the piston is clamped with burrs, then you will have to be very upset, as this means that the piston is damaged or worn out. This usually happens when oil is not added to the fuel mixture. With such a malfunction, you will have to contact the service, and perhaps think about buying a new chainsaw, since replacing the piston. This is a rather expensive operation.
Thus, we have sorted out in this article how to start a chainsaw. according to instructions, and also what to do if the chainsaw starts. We hope you find these tips helpful.
Spark plug problems
When the Trimmer is used frequently, monitor the condition of the spark plugs. This part is subject to wear and tear, so they need to be regularly inspected for carbon deposits.
There are two ways to solve the problem: clean an old candle from burning or purchase a new one.
In the first case, you need to Unscrew and scrub with sandpaper, dry. The distance between the electrodes should be 1 mm. The trimmer is assembled and started.
In the absence of a spark between the electrodes, it is worth inspecting the quality of the connections of all circuit elements. If everything is fine in this case, then 100% need to change the candles.
Replacing them is easy and inexpensive. From the tools will need a key, File.
Important! With the frequent appearance of carbon deposits on the combustion candles, it is worth looking for the reason a little deeper.
Candles should be thoroughly cleaned of plaque
The Stihl trimmer does NOT develop speed
The modern market offers a wide range of electric and fuel-powered trimmers from different manufacturers. Equipment may malfunction. For example, insufficient RPM. Do NOT panic about this, since the problem of insufficient speed in lawn mowers, trimmers is quite common. There are several reasons for this.
For some reason, the Stihl electric scythe does not develop its full power
When using the electric trimmer, speed problems may also occur. Here the reasons are completely different than in the fuel braids.
You can fix problems yourself
The trimmer does NOT develop the required power because:
- The voltage in the network is below the required minimum for the device more than 10%;
- There was a failure in the soft start (if there is such a system);
- There is a malfunction of the brush assembly;
- The engine winding is burned;
- Rotating parts sometimes jam.
To adjust the voltage, you should first check its power. If it does NOT meet the standards, you should increase it with a stabilizer.
Repair of the soft start system is carried out only in the service center.
Note! When the brushes wear out, you just need to replace them. When installing new ones, it is recommended to clean all surfaces with which they come in contact.
To adjust the voltage, you should first check the power.
If the motor windings are burning, you need to change the electric motor.
Jamming of rotating parts can occur for various reasons. To eliminate them, you should revise the entire drive assembly.
For your information! The latter problem can arise with the second unit of this company. Stihl secateurs, and sharpening the disc with scissors will be her solution.
Dirty air or fuel filter
The lawn mower is NOT picking up speed, the reasons may lie in the contamination of the filter element: air or fuel.
When the air filter is clogged, there is a lack of oxygen in the combustion chamber, so the fuel is not fully produced, which prevents the desired speed and power.
To check if the reason is the air filter, you need to remove it and turn it on. If the lawn mower is still NOT picking up speed, it’s not the cause. So you should check the fuel filter element. Here everything is the same, only gasoline acts as oxygen. If this filter is damaged, there will be a lack of fuel, which slows down the development of speed.
Reasons why the lawn mower does NOT develop speed
There are five main reasons why the Stihl trimmer does NOT develop speed:
Low quality fuels
The trim tab will NOT rev up with poor fuel quality. It may stall or not start at all. To check the quality of the fuel, you need to inspect the spark plugs. They. The main indicators for problems with the combustion chamber.
In the presence of sediment formed on the candles, plaque, the old fuel is drained and another, high-quality.
It must be remembered that the trimmer or lawn mower must be filled with gasoline of good quality and the subject of the brands of fuel, which the manufacturer indicated in the technical passport of the device.
For your information! The candles should be thoroughly cleaned of plaque, and only then placed again in the combustion chamber of fuel.
Perform cold starts correctly!
Often, gasoline trimmers DO NOT start after being tried put into operation after long-term storage. Launch failures in this case are often caused by incorrect user actions.
If you are faced with exactly this phenomenon, then during a cold start you need to close the damper, and then pump a small amount of the fuel mixture into the carburetor. Then pull the starter handle until you feel resistance, then start the trimmer with a sharp and energetic motion.
The main thing. Fuel mixture!
In this case, the remnants of plastic dissolved in an aggressive environment create such terrible things in the combustion chamber that you will definitely not be able to do without completely sorting out the mechanism. But you will certainly remember forever how to properly store fuel.
What to do when the fuel was definitely normal, there is a spark, but the petrol trimmer will not start? It is possible that you just filled the candle with gasoline. In this case, it must be turned out, wiped with a clean cloth and dried. By the way, it will be quite useful to check the candle itself for performance.
What to do when petrol trimmers DO NOT start?
Petrol trimmer. A surprisingly useful tool with which you can mow Not only a miniature front lawn, but a whole lawn of considerable size. Unfortunately, there is nothing eternal in this world, and then you may be faced with the fact that petrol trimmers DO NOT start.
It often happens that users of this kind of machine try save, fuel with a normal octane number is poured into the tank, but something incomprehensible that has been in a plastic Canister for almost a dozen years.
There are not only situations when the petrol trimmers DO NOT start, but there are cases when after starting they work for a couple of seconds and immediately stall. Inspect the spark plug again: if it is abandoned, and this situation repeats even after wiping and drying it, go to revisions air filter.
Most likely, it is completely oily and needs to be replaced. If everything is fine with the filter, it may be that the ignition coil is out of order.
In the case when the petrol trimmers DO NOT start, and you have done all of the above, the muffler may be clogged. It must be dismantled, burned on burners, after which all carbon deposits can be easily shaken out.
Even if your trimmer will NOT start even after such bullying, you cannot do without disassembling the carburetor. It may well be that the dropping of the needle in it is to blame for everything. In any case, disassembling and flushing this capricious mechanism will certainly not interfere.
In general, when the trimmer starts to be capricious and stalls, it is advisable to carry out full prevention: completely change the fuel mixture, try a different oil, and also change the spark plug without fail. Practice shows that in many cases cheap low-quality candles are to blame.
We’ve covered the most common reasons why the trimmer won’t start. If the matter is something more exotic do not miss a trip to the service center. You will probably find smaller and more obvious breakdowns yourself.