Guaranteed production of a factory trimmer refill will inevitably require replacing the fishing line. Having a very rough idea of how to fill the fishing line into the reel of the trimmer yourself, beginners are reluctant to take up this matter. However, with some skills, mastering this simple science does not present any difficulties, and the similar instruction presented below will facilitate this process as much as possible.
First of all, for winding fishing line it is required to remove the reel (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of product itself:
- Small electric trimmers with a working arrangement of the engine and the coil in the lower part, as a rule, have side keys on both sides of the bobbin. By pressing them simultaneously, the upper part of the reel, together with the internal contents for winding the fishing line, is disconnected, while the lower one remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on an even smooth place so that the spring included in the design does not pop out and is not lost;
- electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved rod without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have coils with a special wing: in such designs, you should hold the spool in one position with one hand and rotate the locking reel on the wing nut with the other counterclockwise. After disconnecting the nut, the entire reel is removed.
- electric and petrol trimmers with the possibility of installing a knife on a straight bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the bobbin. For the motion of the rod to be stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and with a slow rotation, such a mutual arrangement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body scrolls clockwise (with the left thread) and is removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third cases, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in various ways. In bobbins with a lamb, a lamb is twisted, in coils with latches, latches-clamps are pressed and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the spool are threaded, it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
We carry out winding fishing line
Slowly completed disassembling the spool reel without losing its spare parts allows you to go to the main task. winding fishing line into the reel. Technological features of the design of the spool and the number of working antennae determine the sequence of actions.
Coil with one working antenna
The simplest option and a simple sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the bobbin and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended fishing line length for winding. 2. 5 m.
- One end of the fishing line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the spool.
- The fishing line is wound on the drum in the reverse direction of rotation of the spool on the trimmer product. as a rule, on the inner side of the bobbin an arrow indicates which direction the winding is going.
- A small section of fishing line is left free to bring it out. it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the reel, designed to hold the winding when assembling the spool in working condition.
- The left end of the line is passed through the hole on the outside of the bobbin.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the bar of the trimmer.
Coil with two working antennae
In this type of spools, you should determine the number of grooves for winding fishing line lying on the inside of the reel:
- one groove. both antennae are wound together along one groove;
- two grooves. each antennae is wound on an individual groove.
For both cases, a 2-3-meter-long fishing line is taken. In single-groove reels, the fishing line is pulled into the through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, after which they are wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the side of the bar. the correct direction of winding is usually indicated inside the arrow. In the presence of fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are threaded into them or held by the fingers of their free hands, threaded into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the spool is closed and attached to the bar of the trimmer.
Video: How to Thread a Fishing Line into a Coil Trimmer Machine
The difference between winding fishing line in two-groove reels is that initially a piece of fishing line 2-5 m long is folded in half (to determine the middle bend), and the bend loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both antennae of the fishing line are wound each in its own groove, the fixation of the antennae and the reel assembly are similar to the one-groove variant discussed above.
The first implementation of this procedure may seem long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The video below will clearly show how to put the fishing line into the reel of the trimmer and wrap it correctly. this operation is not difficult and with some patience will certainly succeed:
Automatic reeling of fishing line
There is a variety of coils in which the automatic mechanism makes winding on its own. from the user it is enough just to properly fill the line. The fishing line is passed through the hole on the inside of the case, its antennae without winding is passed through the hole on the external case, the spool is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the line inside is wound up independently. In such a spool, it is impossible to make the winding incorrectly: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only turn in one direction.
A gasoline or electric trimmer is an indispensable assistant in the arsenal of a modern summer resident or the owner of his own house.
Thanks to these garden devices, you can easily mow down even a large garden plot. After acquiring this tool and doing a few tricks, many people think about how to properly wind the line onto the trimmer reel. For an inexperienced user, the first operation to replace it will seem problematic and time-consuming, since developers often do not fully reflect the instructions for replacing the fishing line in the instruction manual.
Preparation for winding fishing line
Prior to the winding process, it is necessary to remove the reel with fishing line from the housing. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three structural types of trimmers:
Compact electric trimmers.
Straight Bar Trimmer
In such a model, it is possible to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To install the trimmer knife, it is necessary to combine the hole of the bobbin and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, it is easy to unscrew the housing by hand clockwise.
Winding fishing line on trimmer
The measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spit reel makes it possible to go directly to the winding of the fishing line. The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used. Today, there are several varieties of reels, depending on the number of antenna line fishing line and methods of refueling:
- Trimmer head with one working antennae;
- A bobbin with two antennae fishing line;
- Auto winding reel.
Single-Barrel Trimmer Coil
Single-mustache lawn mowing coil
Many owners and specialists note the simplicity of operation and refueling reels with one mustache. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the fishing line can vary from 2 to 5 meters. The end of the line is inserted into the head into a special technological groove or hole, and winding is made in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin. Most coils on the outside of the case have marks in the form of arrows that indicate the direction of movement of the trimmer bobbin.
After winding, you need to leave a free end of 15-30 cm to strengthen the centrifugal force, which is crucial when removing the trimmer line in automatic and semi-automatic reels. We pass the left end through the working hole of the coil and assemble the head.
Double Antenna Trimmer
Two groove head
After removing the spool from the coil body, we determine the number of streams for winding fishing line (1 or 2). There is no fundamental difference between bobbins with one and two grooves, but with careless refueling in a twin groove, there are problems with operation. Due to the likelihood of weaving adjacent tool strings, a situation may arise when it is impossible to remove new ones after wear of the working antennae.
Regardless of the number of streams for refueling, a fishing line from 1.5 to 3 meters long is taken. Winding must be done in the direction opposite to the rotation of the head, since winding in the direction of travel will cause the line to not be removed from the reel. After the fishing line is tucked into the trimmer coil, free ends (15-30 cm) are threaded through special holes. Next, we collect the head in the reverse disassembly order and check the performance. Do not worry if the ends of the two antennae are very different in size, because when you start the trimmer, the knife installed on the guard will cut off the excess.
Trimmer head with automatic threading
Types of trimmer heads
In some models available on the market, a reel with an automatic winding mechanism is installed. It is enough for the owner to correctly tuck and fix the ends in the head, and the tool itself will perform the winding operation when it is switched on in the operating mode. It is almost impossible to wind a fishing line into a trimmer with such a head, since the coil independently determines the position of the antennae. The advantages of an automatic trimmer head include the ease of refueling fishing line, and the disadvantages are frequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the complexity of the design and high cost.