Safety when working with a grass trimmer. How to properly mow lawns, slopes, tall grass with a trimmer. We clean and store petrol and
In this case, it is more convenient to mow in both directions. The first pass is from left to right, cutting off the tops of the grass, and then, lowering the tool to the desired level, the lower part is cut in the opposite direction. The cut grass also remains on the treated surface on the left side. If the thickets of weeds are too high, then in order to reduce the likelihood of winding the grass on the drum, you have to mow several times from top to bottom, but this is fraught with increased line consumption.
Preparing the trimmer for work
Preparing the trimmer for work begins with checking the condition of all parts and assemblies according to the instructions. In doing so, you need to make sure that the gearbox is lubricated and that there is enough oil in the crankcase of the four-stroke petrol trimmer. The fuel, depending on the type of engine, two- or four-stroke, is a mixture of gasoline with a special oil in a ratio of 40-50: 1 or, respectively, pure gasoline. After the fuel tank is full, all that remains is to open the tap and you can try to start the trimmer, remembering that before you start mowing you need it to idle for 2-3 minutes.
With an electric cordless tool, everything is simple – after checking the presence of lubricant, it is enough to insert a charged battery into the corresponding slot so that it is ready for use. If the tool is powered from the mains, then an extension cord will be required to the intended place of cutting. The wire must be located outside the range of possible action of the trimmer knives.
The site should be free of foreign objects as much as possible: glass, stones, wire, snags, etc. The presence of people closer than 15 meters is also undesirable. Depending on the capabilities of the particular trimmer and the work to be done, the appropriate cutting attachment must be selected. You can use a mowing head with a grass line, metal knives for weeds or hay, or a bush saw. The mowing should be planned in such a way as to move away from buildings and people.
If the site is large and level, and the grass is soft enough, then it is more convenient to mow along imaginary squares, mentally breaking the entire area into them. Having previously mowed the grass along the perimeter of the first, they continue to work along a tapering square spiral clockwise until the site is completely mowed. Then proceed to the next square. With this method, the cut grass always remains on the treated surface on the left side. In order to mow vegetation to the very root, it is necessary to keep the cutting plane at an angle of 30 °, with the tip of the fishing line almost touching the ground.
Of course, it is better to mow flat lawns with a trolley lawnmower, which allows you to make a smoother cut and collects the cut grass in a special grass catcher. The choice of such a lawn mower is described in this article.
What is a trimmer?
The trimmer is a compact machine for grooming beards and mustaches. But, the design has some features, thanks to which the removal of hairs is possible from open, closed, hard-to-reach, sensitive areas of the face and neck.
The number of operations performed directly depends on the device, the presence of attachments in the kit. Regardless of the configuration, any model quickly, carefully:
- Trim the beard and mustache;
- Tidy up the bikini area;
- Remove hairs from the sinuses, auricles;
- Straightens the brow line if necessary.
Modern models have a wider functionality: self-sharpening knives, built-in vacuum system for sucking cut hairs.
If you had to shave off dense facial hair, then you should prepare for the fact that a lot of small hairs will begin to pour from the device. It is worthwhile to immediately substitute a trash can to avoid the appearance of disorder around the circle. At the end of shaving you need:
- Shake off the hairs from the device into the basket;
- Remove the nozzles, put in the sink, wash with soap and warm water;
- Clean from small hairs;
- Start cleaning the trimmer, for which take a brush, remove the head and blades from the device by pressing a button, remove the remaining hair;
- Wipe individual parts of the device with a cotton swab, then with a dry cloth;
- Attach the head to the device;
- Connect for 2 3 seconds to shake the residual hairs phenomenon.
Better to lubricate after each shave, for which drip a few drops on the blade, holding the device over the sink. Then turn on for 25 seconds, which will eliminate excess oil.
It is important for men to understand how to properly use and groom a beard trimmer. After all, this will provide the device with a long service life.
How to use it correctly?
To know how to use the trimmer, it is enough to read the operating instructions, check the device for correct operation when turned on. For which you can drop a few drops of lubricant on the blade. The shaving process is as follows:
- Connect the device to the mains;
- Apply a little lubricant to the blade, wipe with a dry cloth;
- Make sure there are no hairs between the blades;
- Let the device run idle for a few seconds;
- Start the shaving process by cutting off long hairs and gradually switching to shorter ones;
- Collect excess hair, look at yourself in the mirror;
- In the absence of the desired result, set the zero trimmer attachment and walk over the neck area, under the Adam’s apple again.
You need to apply the nozzle to the face with the flat part. For best results, start shaving from your face and then from your neck. If the length of the beard does not change, then it is worth changing the attachment, replacing it with No. 2, as a shorter one. After shaving the face area, gradually move to the neck (Adam’s apple), starting to cut short hair, setting 1 speed of the attachment. You need to drive along the chin from the bottom up.
If it is necessary to give the hair a length of 4-5 cm, you can use a trimmer blade, for which remove the attachment and the stopper. If you need to achieve perfectly smooth skin, then you will additionally have to use a safety razor to eliminate hairs, in particular under the Adam’s apple in full.
If you need to get the shortest possible stubble and shave problem areas (around the mouth), then it is recommended to use attachment number 3. Next – smile, close your mouth, shave off the remaining hairs along the upper lip. To understand how to properly shave with a trimmer, it is worth noting that you need to make movements against the growth of the bristles, i.E. Upwards.
How to properly operate an electric grass trimmer
When choosing equipment for a summer cottage, it is not always worth chasing powerful and dimensional devices. The power of the tool is undoubtedly an important parameter, but it obviously carries with it the increased weight of the device, its large size, as well as the high price and increased fuel costs. But that’s not the point.
If you have a small garden with densely planted fruit trees or a small lawn with flower beds and shrubs, then clearing it of weeds and carefully mowing the grass is clearly an overwhelming task for any lawn mower. In such cases, even a hand tool – an ordinary scythe will not help: you simply cannot swing it, bumping into tree trunks.
The ideal solution in this case is a good and inexpensive electric trimmer. It is so light, comfortable and easy to operate that it always becomes a favorite of women and the elderly. A lightweight, quietly humming electric motor, a handle with comfortable grips and a nylon line tucked into a spool are the main components of an electric trimmer.
Electric trimmer efficiency
Electric kos, which operates from a household electrical network, is relevant on a plot of four to six acres planted with trees, flowers, shrubs. It is convenient for it to neatly mow grass near the house or along the curb, mow paths, and an environmentally friendly motor that does not produce exhaust, gas and burning will even make it possible to remove weeds in any covered room. Greenhouse or greenhouse.
The trimmer cable limits the cutting radius, but can be extended with a standard extension. If this length is not enough for you, or the parameters of the electrical network do not contribute to the normal operation of the electric motor, then you can purchase a type of electric tool – a cordless trimmer. It works autonomously, the built-in battery lasts for half an hour or an hour of intensive work – quite enough to mow the trees in the garden. The trimmer motor can be positioned at the top of the tool or at the bottom. Upper motor trimmers work well on bumpy and uneven terrain. They are also perfectly balanced and can handle tall and wet grass – no short circuits. The convenience of working with it is also increased by a single-shoulder loop, which is hung on the shoulder. The lower motor trimmer should only be used on dry grass and on level areas. Often it is the lower motor trimmers that run on a rechargeable battery.
How to use the trimmer correctly
The household trimmer is the easiest to use and at the same time very effective tool. It seems that there is nowhere easier – to plug in the tool and work. But still, there are some nuances that you need to know in order for the trimmer to work for a long time and efficiently.
1. Site preparation. It is necessary to carefully inspect the mowing area and remove all foreign objects – stones, glass, wire, etc. Having flown out suddenly from under the fishing line during operation, such an object can cause injury.
2. Installation of the cutting system. There are low-power trimmers that can only work with a line, cutting soft and succulent grass – they do not need to install a cutting system. But some trimmer models with a motor of 1 kW or more can work with a knife. If there are tough weeds or even a small overgrowth of bushes on the site, you need to unscrew the working attachment nut and install the cutting knife. Then tighten the nut firmly with a wrench.
3. Before starting work. It is very important to wear protective goggles when working with the trimmer, because even if you have removed the area from debris, plant stems and grass can fly into your eyes. The same stems, grass and branches can injure hands, so it is advisable to wear gloves. We simply plug in the electric trimmer, but the battery trimmer needs to be charged for several hours before use. Then, if there is a shoulder attachment, we hang it on the shoulder, the knapsack – on both shoulders. We conveniently grasp the trimmer by the handles: grasp the D-shaped handle tightly with your palm, and grip the garden trimmer with a bicycle handle (U-shaped) firmly with both hands. The trimmer should be held over the grass so that the line spool or knife is parallel to the ground. We turn on the start.
4. How to mow correctly. The cutting mechanism rotates counterclockwise. Thus, in order for the cut grass to fall onto the already mown area, easily, with simple movements, we carry the trimmer in front of us, from right to left. To remove the remnants of the grass, you should make a movement in the other direction – from left to right. If the area is flat and large, break it into imaginary squares and mow, moving along the outside of such a square. If the plot is on a slope, then you need to start mowing from the bottom of the lawn, passing across the plot – in one direction. Having reached the edge, you need to go back and mow in the same direction, parallel. If there are many trees in the area, only cut with fishing line, otherwise you may cut the tree trunk with a knife. In such a garden, it is best to mow around the perimeter, bypassing the tree in a circle.
Five. Completion of work. Turn off the engine and remove the shoulder straps. It is not yet complete completion. It is necessary to carefully clean the spool and knife from the remains of grass. Then fold the trimmer, if telescopic or collapsible, and hide it until the next mow.
Mowing tall grass
If you need to cut tall grass, this is done in several passes. The lawn is processed 2-3 times. The rotating part is lowered from top to bottom, in this case, the grass is not wound around the reel.
The operator should be aware that grass wrapped around the reel will overheat the motor. If this happens, the mower is turned off and the coil is cleaned.
It is most effective to cut the grass with the ends of the line rather than the entire length. In the second case, the tool works worse, the motor may be overloaded. If you need to cut grass over a large area, tilt the trimmer towards the mowing side to increase efficiency.
Before starting operation, be sure to run in gasoline mowers. The operator turns on the engine, it should run for a while at idle speed. It is necessary to ensure that the engine does not overheat, there should be no load.
When running in lawn mowers, the load is gradually increased. If you start working at high rpm, the motor will not run in well, this will affect the further operation of the mower.
When you start it for the first time, you should not completely exhaust the temporary resource. After the engine runs at idle speed, you can proceed to treating the lawn. The mower should run no more than 15 minutes, after which the motor is turned off and it should cool down.
If you need to run the trimmer, the braid is first assembled. Then do test runs at least 3-5 times. If the engine is running well, proceed to mowing. At first, they work no more than 5 minutes, then the duration of work is gradually increased.
We mow under hay
It is better to mow hay not with a fishing line, but with a metal disc. The grass is cut at the root, keeping its length as much as possible.