One of the most fascinating types of fishing. catching predatory fish species by spinning. is inconceivable without using a braided cord for spinning. The advantages of the cord over monofilament fishing line are undeniable.
Braided cord significantly stronger than its counterpart. fishing line, and at the same time able to withstand heavy loads and strong traction. Despite the fact that the wicker product is inferior to the fishing line in terms of price, anglers opt for greater reliability and strength.
- Where is the cord used? ↓
- Selection Criteria ↓
- The technique of winding the cord on a reel: instruction ↓
- Rules of operation and storage ↓
- Tips and Tricks ↓
Where is the cord used?
The following types of fishing can be distinguished when using braids just needed:
- jig fishing;
- fishing for poppers and minnow;
- Winter fishing.
The concept of jig fishing includes a large number of variations, so for beginners it does not immediately become clear what it is. So, jig fishing is divided into:
- Classic jig (luring with a head. a lead ball with a soldered hook).
- Drop shot and catch using a leash.
To equip a jig, you need:
- pierce a silicone or other bait with a special jig-head;
- pull hooks to the tail;
- snap to the base for the load ring. The hook is directed up to increase the chances of hooking fish and reduce hooks for underwater branches and twigs.
When choosing a jig head, you need to remember about 2 main details:
- weight component
- and the form loaded.
Weight weighed 1-100 gr. Jig-head. 1-4 gr. The diameter of the braid, suitable for this jig-head, should be less than 0.1 mm, otherwise the wiring will not be felt to the required extent.
The following subspecies of heads in 5-20 gr. They are popular both in the shallows and at great depths. It is necessary to take into account the strength of the flow of water using a jig.
Make it a rule, on every fishing trip, start first.
The weight of the sinker is directly proportional to the strength of the flow. The success of jig fishing lies in slowly lowering the bait. If the bait sinks too fast to the bottom, the load should be replaced with a lighter one. Adding weight, along with a case of strong currents, is also necessary if the fish do not want to bite or to stay at the very bottom.
With the help of weight gain, fishermen reduce the distance of lifting the bait, but do not allow it to sink to an inaccessible zone and raise the turbidity from the bottom. However, this wiring often leads to hooks, but no other optimal output is observed.
- Ball sinker It is used on all variety of reservoirs. The only negative factor is that having sank to the bottom, the bait falls sideways.
- The second most common use is a head called “ironing“. The low flat part of the sinker leaves the bait and hooks in a slightly raised position, which undoubtedly affects the amount of bite.
Jigging Such fish as pikeperch are developing very quickly in the Russian Federation, which is why this type of tackle has become a favorite when fishing at shallow depths with various silicone baits.
Next, touch on the topic twitching. a special catch technique using wobblers, with jerking, which calls for the “revitalization” of artificial fish and giving it maximum similarity with the real ones. Today, such transactions are one of the most productive and required to test. The specificity of this method is the use of special gear and movements.
Microjig is a kind of jigging and came into use about a decade ago. This is a very fascinating, exciting and win-win type of spinning, which is in frenzied demand among anglers. It is universal and easy to disassemble, therefore, even novice anglers will quickly understand and realize the main advantages of fishing with spinning rods.
Microjig. ultralight or light fishing using small baits (not more than 3 inches) of heads 1-10 gr. This is a kind of more gentle jig application.
Of predatory fish swimming in Russian reservoirs, more poppers perch, in particular when he hunts in packs. In addition, poppers sometimes “turn on” passively moving perches, which do not show interest in other baits, and then suddenly “liven up”. In second place you can put a pike.
Popper can effectively catch pike on a pond, peat bog and grassy gulf of the reservoir. With a little less success, you can catch a chub on a popper. But since the chub is a fish hunting in schools, luring one will no longer be able to avoid the attack of the other relatives.
Criterias of choice
Now it is time to talk about how not to make a mistake in choosing a braid for spinning fishing, and what are the ways to protect the tearing of braided cords at the most inopportune moment, and in addition, from furrows and loops. Consider the nuances in choosing a braided cord for spinning.
The strength of the current and the wind also do not greatly affect the strength of the thin cord. But only it allows you to make the most distant cast. This braid is characterized by a high sensitivity threshold. However, it is necessary to remember about the negative phenomenon, as a possible hook, which often leads to the loss of the cord and bait.
Therefore, the hope of only one breaking strength will be insufficient, and it will be useful to take into account the type of fishing.
For example, in the fishing market you can find such brands as:
- SunlineSuper PE 0.205 mm, 15 lb.
- PowerPro 0.15 mm, 10 lb.
- CormoranZoom 7, 0.12 mm, 26 lb.
- P-lineSpectrex 0.23 mm, 15 lb.
They have already established themselves as the most durable and cost-effective and meet such a parameter as “price-quality”. In order for fishing to be successful, it is recommended to choose equipment depending on the conditions of future fishing.
Video: How to Wind a Cord on a Gas Trimmer Video
The technique of winding the cord on a reel: instruction
Consider in detail the technique of winding the cord.
- The first thing to do is protect your fingers with special accessories (sewing thimbles, pharmacy fingertips), which will protect in case of damage or unwanted coloring.
- Further, place a reel with a cord on a flat surface and go to direct winding. To keep the coil in balance, both a regular pencil and a metal rod of the required length and width, a ballpoint pen inserted in the core will do.
- In order to simplify the task, you can ask for help from others. If such an opportunity is not feasible, then hold the spool pin by yourself or using your foot.
- At the beginning of the process of winding the braids on the spool cage, they are recommended with the required tension force.
Rules of operation and storage
- To extend the life of spinning rods and reels, It is recommended to maintain the level of the friction brake of the inertialess coils in a tight state, and before fishing it must be set up first.
Tips & Tricks
In conclusion, I would like to say a few words about blitz tips:
- A well-constructed rod is inconceivable without a high-quality braided cord.
- Winding the cord should be done with proper tension.
- The friction brake of the coils must be carefully adjusted and adjusted.
- Proper and conscientious storage is the key to a long service of the fishing product.
With the experience of choosing the appropriate cords for a spinning fishing rod and its competent use in fishing hunting can significantly increase the likelihood and chance of achieving good results and catches.
Repairing the petrol trimmer starter may be necessary at the most inopportune moment. In this case, there are two ways to solve the problem: replace the broken part or change the entire assembly. The latter option will cost more. To repair the device with your own hands, in most cases you will need from the tools only a screwdriver with the appropriate tip. Repair work does not take much time and does not require special knowledge. It is enough to know the device, the principle of operation, the nuances of the assembly-disassembly of the starter on the trimmer to achieve the desired positive result.
The device and principle of operation of the starter on the trimmer
Gas engine. this, in principle, is the main part of lawn mowers. Its power lies in the range of 0.5-2.5 hp. The movement from it is transmitted to the shaft located inside the hollow rod, and then through the gearbox, consisting of gears, already a fishing line or knife (working body).
Also, the lawn mowers have the following elements:
- protective cover;
- a belt designed for ease of use of the device;
- a starter used to start a gasoline internal combustion engine.
All details of the lawn mowers are presented in the photo below.
The starter on the trimmer is an integral part that starts the engine into operation. It is depicted separately in the two photos below.
Starter mechanisms of various lawn mowing models work on the same principle: during the start of the internal combustion engine, the protrusions marked with the number 1 in the photo above enter the hook with the dogs 3. When the engine starts to work, they return to their previous position due to the action of centrifugal force. A similar role is also played by wires 2.
The process of returning to the initial position of the mechanism elements occurs due to the presence of a spring wound around an axis. It unfolds when the rope is pulled. After releasing the cord, it is retracted and wound due to the folding of the spring. During the start of the ICE lawn mowers, the trigger mechanism rotates its shaft until it starts to work (starts).
Today gasoline lawn mowers equip starter mechanisms of two types:
The first option is much more common.
The starter on the trimmer can function without breakdowns for a long time. Unambiguously indicate the period of uptime is impossible. Everything is determined by the initial quality of the device and compliance with the rules for handling it.
The main malfunctions of the trimmer starter
It is not difficult to determine the cause of the breakdown of the starting device. There are several main options:
- breakage of a cord (rope);
- when the spring breaks or disengages.
The indicated details are shown in the photo below.
It may happen that the starter mechanism is accidentally broken. The consequences will be deplorable if a tattered rope is wound around the flywheel of an operating ICE: then the spring will burst, the pulley will rip off. But such cases when a complete replacement of the starter assembly is required are extremely rare. In most cases, to fix the mechanism, it is enough to put a new spring or replace the cord.
Removing and disassembling the starter, replacing broken parts
To repair the trimmer starter, you will need to disassemble it first, and then assemble it. This process is not particularly difficult. You will need to work shape screwdriver.
Starter assembly analysis
Disassemble the start-up mechanism in order to install new parts instead of broken ones in the following sequence:
- unscrew the screw fixing the pulley with a starter cover with a screwdriver;
- take out the spring and antennae;
- carefully remove the pulley (you need to turn your head away or work, having previously worn glasses and gloves);
- determine why the trigger mechanism has broken;
- if the spring has collapsed almost completely, then it is replaced;
- when the spring exits the hook, it is installed in its original place by bending the antennae before it (the photos show the installation process);
- after the spring plate is installed inside the groove, carefully twist it.
To change the spring, work should be carefully and accurately: it can accidentally burst under the influence of the force caused by putting it in place. Even if you carefully remove the roller, the spring band flies off the reel very quickly and can injure your hand with its sharp edges.
The assembly of the starter assembly is carried out in a number of stages:
- the coil is turned over, installing it so that the spring bend exactly fits into the groove of the case, as in the photo below;
- stack two washers, between which a spring is placed;
- put in place a cup with a mustache;
- tighten the screw (photos below).
When doing the above manipulations, it is necessary put two washers. If this is not done, then the spring will eventually damage the plastic cup, and when it is pulled, wedging will begin. Because of this, a feeling appears, as if the spring has flown. To eliminate this drawback, you need to install this part of greater length or an additional washer.
When such parts are missing, you can just a little bit unscrew the screw, and the starter assembly will start to work without wedging. But this option is temporary. it is better to repair it qualitatively as quickly as possible.
After installing the spring, tighten it. To do this, perform the following steps:
- remove the handle from the starter cord;
- then the rope is inserted into the reel groove;
- spring is tightened by rotating the coil in the opposite direction to the clockwise direction (winding);
- make the required number of revolutions indicated in the operating instructions for the used trimmer model and corresponding to the length of the cord used;
- at the very end, the rope is threaded into the hole provided for this, located in the starter cover;
- put the handle in place, fixing it with a knot.
If after repair the spring continues to fly, you can get rid of this in the following ways:
- cram a suitable piece of plate into the groove at the location of the spring hook;
- drill holes on both sides of the groove in the coil, into which to insert the spring hook and fix it with a wire.
Replacing a torn cord
A torn rope is replaced in the following sequence:
- the old cord is removed;
- choose a rope of suitable size (thickness and length);
- threading it through a special hole located in the coil, tie a knot;
- cock the spring, producing the required number of revolutions;
- fasten the handle.
It is not difficult to assemble the starter on the trimmer and wind the spring, only this should be done carefully and with caution. For different models of lawn mowing, the failures of the starting mechanisms are the same, therefore they are repaired in a similar way. There are some nuances associated with their design features.