We wind the fishing line onto the reel correctly!
Fishing is a really exciting and fascinating affair. Novice spinningists, of course, want to quickly join him and finally get an sensible result. The reservoir where you are going to fish is selected, all the necessary accessories are bought. There are rods, reels with baits and fishing lines. too. However. even directly on the shore, even a minor, but still tangible nuisance can wait, which sometimes completely disrupts all fishing.
Her name is winding fishing line. Each coil is equipped, it seems, with an instruction with a basic circuit. But the fact is that with such an attitude a lot can not be caught for sure. With improper winding, the loop can be reset, and instead of removing the fish from the hook, you will have to bother with unraveling the lump from the fishing line with your own hands.
The structure of the winding line can also be very different, it depends on the chosen reel
Start using spinning most often with gear that is shorter (both reels and rods). The caliber of the bobbin in them is two to three thousand (that is, a hundred-meter line is not more than a third of a millimeter thick in this case, the limit). The winding structures can also be very different: this is a chaotic winding in a random arrangement of Chinese samples (more or less suitable for monofilament, but completely inappropriate with braided fishing line), and such more professional formats as a straight cylinder, straight and inverted cone. And from the very beginning it is better to accustom yourself to those types of styling that are more serious, because this is not a whim, but higher efficiency. Having saved fleetingly several hundred rubles, then you will begin to curse everything in the world, when instead of casting and biting (well, or just casting and waiting), fishing will turn into a continuous struggle with “beards” and other fishing line overlays. Such fishing has never brought joy to anyone.
How to quickly wind a line onto a spinning reel
How to wind the line onto the reel. First of all, we fasten the bobbin to a motionless rod-shaped object
The basic, fundamental rule. the equipped fishing line must be as flat as a ruler. For a cylindrical winding, a straight line is optimal, and if a cone is chosen, it is inclined. But in any case, remember it firmly, only fishing line without bends.
How to ensure such leveling in practice? First of all, we fasten the bobbin to a motionless rod-shaped object on which it should easily and freely scroll. Pencils and knitting needles, fountain pens and screwdrivers, small metal tubes without sharp edges, and even a straight and well-polished stick can serve as a rod. As a last resort, find someone who agrees to hold.
Knots for attaching fishing line to the reel
Pull the fishing line through every single rod ring. Tie a knot at the elongated end. Now you can start refueling fishing line on the surface of the reel. First, we attach it over the bobbin in a circle, having previously lifted the arc of the logger, and when another node of the Arbor type is tied and tightened, the arc can be omitted.
The braid line is very fond of slipping. This can be avoided if a piece of rubber (for example, cut off from an unusable fingertip or a worn glove) is poked under the attachment point, in extreme cases, support it with a band-aid if there is no rubber.
And here comes the turn of winding fishing line. Turn the knob on the spool gently and evenly. Make sure that the line goes tight all the time. It must be maintained, but only in tight gauntlets.
Video: How to Wind a Fishing Line onto a Viking Trimmer Coil
When winding, avoid, as far as possible, completing it at the level of the sides of the bobbin. If this rule is not observed, then self-resetting of loops or their terrible tangling become very probable. To avoid this outcome, pay attention to the side even though a millimeter or two remain unreelted fishing line. On the other hand, exceeding a gap of five millimeters may make long-range casting impossible. Prevention is backing (in fact. reeling up the bottom of the main fishing line from the auxiliary, not thicker than three tenths of a millimeter, otherwise even laying will be unattainable). Keep in mind that almost all threads work well in backing, except for long-drying cotton and nylon.
Watch a useful video: how to wind a fishing line onto a reel
To determine how much fishing line to throw on backing is possible only by experiments, there are no ready-made formulas and theoretical provisions on this subject. It will take another bobbin. We wind the main forest onto it, then backing (do not forget about the clearance from the side). Next we attach the main mount, on which we are already introducing fishing lines in the reverse order. Check out our website and read more helpful tips for fishermen.
Despite the fact that gardening equipment has been used for a long time, for some owners of private houses it is still a novelty. That is why often questions arise about how to properly wind a line on an electric or gas trimmer.
This is essentially a simple operation, but all its stages must be performed correctly to achieve the desired result. over, in the operating instructions, only a few manufacturers give an answer to this urgent question. Study the article and find out how the line is wound around the reel of the trimmer.
The procedure for winding fishing line on the trimmer reel
First of all, you should know that trimmers have different working nozzles. The reel can be designed for different lengths and thicknesses of fishing line. this point should be considered when purchasing supplies.
So, how do you charge the fishing line into the trimmer coil? All work is divided into several stages:
- First you need to disassemble the trimmer head.
- Unscrew the nozzle by rotating the drum to the right.
- Press your fingers on the two latches located on opposite sides of the slots, and remove the top cover of the nozzle. You can pry the cover with a screwdriver. This should be done carefully: the reels with automatic line feed have a spring, which can forcefully drop the lid along with all the contents of the reel.
- Remove scraps of old fishing line.
- Now you need to find the middle of the fishing line. To do this, rewind it to the required length (for example, 10 m), cut and fold in half.
- Hook the middle of the fishing line into an existing recess or insert it into the hole specially designed for this. And start winding. The direction is indicated by the arrow, which is usually applied to the body of the trimmer coil (usually against the rotation of the drum). Some models have a double-sided reel: in this case, the fishing line should be wound in different directions: one end. in one direction, the other. in the other, while the loop of the fishing line must be brought into the dividing slot located in the middle.
- Leave the loose ends of the fishing line about 20 cm long each. Later they will need to be fixed in the recesses.
- And finally, the last step will be drum assembly. Replace the washers and spring. On the upper ring of the reel there are two recesses where you need to fill the antenna line of the fishing line. Pass them through the holes and install the reel in the drum, trying to tighten the fishing line and not displace the spring.
- Place the drum cover on top and close it with your fingers. The latches will snap into place with a distinctive click.
When you turn on the trimmer, the excess fishing line will be cut off by the cutting blade itself.
As you can see, it is easy to wind the line onto the reel of the trimmer: the main thing is to do everything right. And here are some more tips that will be useful to you when choosing a fishing line, its winding and subsequent work:
- fishing line is of different thickness and with different cross-section. The best option for winding is the “native” for this model of fishing line;
- Never use a fishing line or metal cables for the trimmer. Such a replacement may seem effective, but it is very dangerous. Jumping off a working trimmer, the cable can seriously injure not only the lawn mower, but also others;
- the fishing line is cut off when the working trimmer comes into contact with solid objects. Try not to allow this, otherwise you will have to stop every time, turn off the device and rewind the fishing line onto the reel;
- Use a straight line for mowing grass and a pigtail line for coarse weeds. It is more durable and will not be permanently cut.