With the competent use of an angle grinder, this device becomes a universal tool that can be processed with any material. In this case, the main factor is to choose the right nozzles for the angle grinder.
Using an angle grinder, you can perform many different operations using different discs and nozzles: peel, grind, polish, and also perform other types of work where you can use the rotary movement of the tool.
Types of nozzles
There are many different accessories and attachments used when working with an angle grinder. Consider their main types, design features and application.
These are the most common nozzles, of which many types are produced. Using them you can process any material. The most popular of them were discs for metal, stone, wood.
- Cutting discs for metal vary in diameter and thickness. By diameter in the distribution network you can find discs with a diameter of 115. 230 mm. The thickness of the discs ranges from 1 to 3.2 mm, depending on the diameter. These dimensions also depend on the speed of rotation and the load applied to them.
- Disks for stone processing differ from other types only in the abrasive materials from which they are made. Other parameters are similar.
- Wood discs. The use of such discs is very dangerous, if you work sloppy, you can get injured. Such discs are essentially saws. Do not remove the protective cover from the angle grinder. It is better to use a wood saw blade with a fine tooth, and not use a large feed. The best option for using such a nozzle for an angle grinder is the use of special devices for stationary fixing an angle grinder.
- Diamond blade It is universal, as it can cut any material. Such nozzles were very popular in the cutting of tiles, stone, concrete and granite. For each material, you can choose your own type of disk. Some models have a cutting edge with slots, while others are solid, and they also come with small or large diamond spraying, depending on the purpose. For example, disks for cutting stone are solid, and for cutting concrete with transverse slots and fine spraying.
In appearance, it is difficult to determine what the drive is intended for, so when buying, you need to familiarize yourself with the characteristics of the drive indicated on the package.
Polishing and grinding
There are many types of circles. They can be cloth, spongy, felt and with a removable sandpaper.
To work with them, it is necessary to use special pastes with a small abrasive, as well as various liquids. For grinding and coarse grinding, finely abrasive wheels are used. The use of grinding discs makes it possible to bring the surface of any material to the desired roughness. Such nozzles for an angle grinder are used to polish a car body.
Peeling and grinding nozzles for angle grinder
These discs can be divided into the following types:
- Twisted cones.
- Sharpening abrasive.
- Rough diamond.
- Twisted cones used for peeling stone and metal surfaces when removing old cement mortar or dried paint. The cone consists of two steel cups. Along their perimeter are steel wire brushes. Depending on the type of processing, the wire may have a different diameter.
- Grinding wheels serve for sharpening a cutting tool, stripping welds. Most often, such nozzles are used on low-power angle grinders, since they are more convenient to work with such disks. Sharpening discs differ from cutting models in shape and thickness. In the middle part of the disk there is a recess that allows sharpening with the flat surface of the disk. Its thickness is usually not less than 5 mm.
- Rough diamond blades they are similar in design to grinding wheels. The difference is that the diamond disc works only with its peripheral part, on which there are cutting edges. And also the diamond peeling disc is not suitable for metal processing. It serves for peeling of stone, concrete and other similar materials. For peeling a hardened cement mortar, a diamond disk will do just fine.
Nozzles for the angle grinder greatly increase the functionality of the grinder. angle grinders are widely used in construction and many other areas. And together with various nozzles they become universal equipment.
Nozzles for polishing wood
The grinder can be used to polish a wooden surface, cut trees. For this, special types of nozzles are used for certain types of work. Before you start surface treatment, you must mark it.
After grinding, circles from the disk remain on the surface. This is noticeable after coating the surface with varnish or paint. This is a feature of the work of an angle grinder. Therefore, it is additionally necessary to walk on the surface with a sandpaper manually. You need to work on wood with an angle grinder carefully, without making great efforts, do not use thin circles, properly fasten them.
To make the right choice of nozzles for an angle grinder, we consider their specifics of use and various modifications.
Two types of nozzles fall into this category.
A planer disc can completely replace a manual planer.
To perform rough processing of logs during the construction of a house, processing posts for fencing, such a nozzle will be an indispensable tool.
Features of its use are:
The peeling disc is designed to remove tree bark and rough processing of the workpiece.
If you have certain skills in the tree array with such a disk, you can select. When erecting a log house from logs, a grinding machine with a peeling nozzle is a good alternative to a conventional ax.
You can also saw a board with a peeling disc, but the width of the cut will be large and more sawdust will form.
Nozzles for milling
There are two types of nozzles: discs and milling cutters.
Disks are made in different designs. Their difference is the grain size of the abrasive material.
Such abrasive disks are similar to the surface structure of a manual rasp, with a difference in processing speed. In the presence of dexterity and acquired skills, such discs are used for finishing wood processing.
Wood cutters are available in a large assortment. They differ in the size, arrangement and shape of the teeth.
Video: Nozzles For Ushm 125mm What Are
Milling cutters are intended for:
- Samples of various grooves.
- Cutting the bowls.
- Rough edge alignment.
- Sawing of small pieces of wood.
Features of use of mills:
- It is forbidden to remove the protective cover when working with a mill.
- It is allowed to use the cutter only for the work specified in the instructions for it, with the recommended rotation speed, and other instructions.
The main purpose of the angle grinder is initially grinding, as evidenced by its correct name. angle grinder. Therefore, grinding wood, as an operation, is suitable for an angle grinder as well as possible. Consider the main nozzles for an angle grinder, with which the grinding of wood is performed.
Cord brushes They are mainly used for primary polishing of wood, when it is necessary to equalize surface irregularities.
Title end discs talks about their purpose. They process the ends of wooden parts. Face discs are especially suitable for machining corner cuts.
Petal nozzles are applied in a certain sequence of processing operations. Therefore, they need to have several pieces, a separate nozzle for each operation. Grinding begins with a coarse disk, then the size of the abrasive decreases, and nozzles with a finer grain of the abrasive are installed.
Grinding wheels are universal adaptation to the grinder. One circle is enough to complete all stages of grinding. Such a circle is made of a metal base on which circles with different grit abrasive are fixed. Circles as they wear out can be easily changed to others, they are consumable items. The base of the nozzle can work for a long time.
- Surface cleaning before painting.
- End and edge processing.
- Parquet flooring.
- Grinding wooden surfaces.
Nozzles for polishing wood
For polishing wood, circles, discs and brushes are used. Their working parts are made of fine sandpaper, felt, sponge and other materials.
Recommendations for using nozzles
- It is forbidden to use discs from a circular saw with an angle grinder when fitting parts before grinding, since the angle grinder is a high-speed tool. In this mode of operation, the saw teeth do not withstand prolonged use and are destroyed, flying apart at high speed. This violates safety precautions.
- Some circular saws are large, so the craftsmen remove the protective cover, which is also very dangerous.
- Frequent mode changes contribute to overheating of the grinder motor, therefore, interruptions in operation should be taken to cool it.
- Due to the loose structure of the tree, the saw blade may jam. Therefore, it is likely that the angle grinder will break out of the hands, which can lead to personal injury.
Wood processing angle grinder is carried out only in the form of rough processing, grinding, and other surface work. And for cutting and cutting sheet materials it is better to use specially designed nozzles for this angle grinder.
Nozzles for a puncher. Types and features. Device
What kind of tool is an angle grinder?
angle grinder or angle grinder. a universal and necessary tool in the household. This tool is used by painters, locksmiths, is in the arsenal of carpenters. Its importance varies depending on the nozzles used. Put on a typewriter circular disk. and you can cut wood. often, an angle grinder is used in metalwork for cutting metal: pipes, fittings.
But its main purpose remains grinding work. With the increase in secondary sales of cars, the demand for their repair and painting is growing. The most difficult stage in this work is the preparatory, that is, cleaning the surfaces of the machines from old paint and primer. The cleaner the body appears before the new primer, the better the new paint will hold. In this work, the leading role is played by an angle grinder with a set of grinding brushes.
What are the brushes?
Metal, cup-shaped wrinkles appeared relatively recently. And before that, grinders worked mainly with emery papers of various types or emery stone disks. The paper, no matter how high their stiffness, was quickly clogged with paint particles or erased. It often had to be changed, which led to reduced productivity. Working with a metal brush for an angle grinder is much more efficient in this regard.
Almost every leading tool manufacturer considered it necessary to market their brushes. And each manufacturer has its own approach, its own exclusive in the development and manufacture of metal nozzles for angle grinders. Some brushes are made from a single thin wire, others from a twisted cable, and others from a corrugated corrugated wire. Wire cord brushes are distinguished by diameter, stiffness, and bristle quality. Brushes as nozzles for angle grinders are:
Metal brushes are made of:
- brass coated steel;
There are polishing brushes for treating metal surfaces and woodwork. They are made from nylon and other polymers, dried seaweed, cotton fibers.
The rigidity of the treatment depends on the structure of the wire, its hardness and thickness. The thinner the wire used in the manufacture of the brush, the softer it acts on the metal. To clean the surface of old paint at the initial stage, it is better to use a nozzle with a hard bristle, and for the final cleaning of the remains of the primer and other materials, a nozzle with less rigidity will be suitable, which will not "eat" the bare metal.
For the manufacture of brushes used wire:
- Corrugated. This brush due to its springy properties softens, on the one hand, the impact on the metal, and on the other, the vibration of the machine is reduced.
- Twisted. The bristles twisted together provide rigidity to the surface, break less and fly out as they wear. Twisted fragments unwind, freeing the bristles for work.
Brushes differ in the diameter of the cup, which determines the parameters of the simultaneously processed surface. Corners for angle grinders are consumables, but manufacturers are anxious to make them as efficient as possible and extend their life.
How to call them correctly?
On the network and on the labels there is a discrepancy in the name of the nozzles. Some people call them angle brushes with brush, others. cord brushes. How do you actually name them? Cord is translated from English as a string, cord, rope. And if you look closely, these nozzles are made of many steel (or nylon) cut into short bristles, strings or twisted cords. So the essence of this name becomes quite understandable. a cord brush. Those who write the brush, obviously, took the name of the nozzle by ear, and since the letter “d” is most often swallowed during pronunciation, they started to write. I don’t know how to use spelling dictionaries, but the Word program in which this article is written recognized the spelling of the cord brush with a hyphen as correct.
Brushing as a process of working with a brush
The process of treating metal surfaces with metal brushes with the aim of removing loosened sludge or scale formed during the etching process is called staining. This work can be done manually or with power tools. The brushes themselves for angle grinders are called kratsovki. With this treatment, the porosity of the galvanic deposit decreases, it becomes denser. The treated surface is more homogeneous.
Steel surfaces are brushed with steel brushes with a wire diameter of 0.2–0.4 mm. Non-ferrous metals are processed with wire brushes made of copper or brass. Electroplating is also capped to increase the density of the coating and give it shine.
Capping is performed by:
- dry surface;
- surface wetted with water, soap or soda solution.
When brushing with metal brushes, abrasive pastes are not used, since the ends of the wire bristles serve as an abrasive.
How to choose a quality brush?
When choosing a siding for angle grinders, pay attention to the bristles. It should be distributed evenly throughout the disk, the bristles everywhere should be the same length and distributed evenly over the entire circumference of the cup. It is unacceptable when the bristles are thickened on one edge and thin on the other. Such a brush will beat in your hand (vibrate), cleaning will be uneven, and the brush itself will very soon fail.
Among the parameters for the wire nozzle, manufacturers indicate the recommended speed for the machine. This indicator should not be ignored. If you put the brush for low speed on a machine with a high speed of rotation, it will not give the desired result and will quickly fail. And vice versa, the metal brush, which the manufacturer has developed for operation at high speeds, at low speeds will not work with the proper performance.
The smaller the cup diameter, the less load on the machine engine, less vibration, and, accordingly, less tired hand. But the larger the diameter of the cup, the fewer passages. Which brush to choose? There is no single answer. Sometimes masters manage to try several brushes of different diameters and different stiffnesses of the bristles before they find the best option. The choice of a brush often depends on the quality of the paintwork. After all, as you know, different enamels and primers have different coating densities.
Goal for invention is cunning. User tip
The creative thinking of our people knows no bounds. This recommendation, aimed at increasing the productivity of the brush, was found on the forums of the masters.
Everyone knows that the bristles of the grinding nozzle wear out over time, and this attrition rate depends on the stiffness of the bristles and the aggressiveness of the surface being treated. In some brushes, the outer cup is larger than the inner, which allows you to extend a little, by 15 percent, the life of the brush. This can be achieved by cutting off the upper edge of the outer brush cup by 5–7 mm.
In the process of surface treatment, whether metal surfaces or wood, you must follow safety precautions. The fact is that the higher the speed of rotation of the disk on the angle grinder, the faster the brush wears out. Metal bristles fly off from it, grains of scale and metal burrs fly off from the treated surface. It happens that the cup does not withstand the load, and the brush itself scatters.
And all this literally shoots at a working person. Therefore, when working with such a brush, you need to have glasses, a respirator, mittens and preferably a tight overall. Even if the sun is shining on the street and there is unbearable heat.
The loud sound of an angle grinder is tiring, makes the worker irritable, so it is recommended that you also have headphones. Some employees combine business with pleasure and muffle the sound of their grinder with their favorite music, inserting headphones from the player or phone into their ears.