Each owner of a personal plot or house lawn sooner or later thinks about the problem of grass harvesting. The manual trimmer or trimmer helps today’s summer residents with this task. The working part of such a tool is a rotating reel, which cuts off unnecessary grass with a fishing line. Everything seems to be simple, but not every amateur gardener knows how to wind a fishing line on a trimmer reel. Oddly enough, manufacturers often forget to touch on this issue in the instruction manual.
Trimmers are different.
To understand how to wind the line on the trimmer reel, you need to start with the tool itself: what kind of company, how it works, how it works and what parts will be needed for repair. To begin with, the trimmers are divided into gasoline and electric, and the cutting elements they can have a knife and fishing line.
There are three modifications of trimmers:
- with fishing line and knives with 2-4 blades;
- only with knives;
- only with fishing line.
Of course, artisans can improve anything, and sometimes trim, for example, metal wire or fishing line. But it’s not worth doing this. you can hurt yourself a lot or others.
Types of trim heads.
Also, the device can have a different device: spit heads, semi-automatic, or manual. In the first case, to lengthen the working ends of the thread, it is necessary to reduce the speed slightly. And when you add them again, the line will come out automatically. For semi-automatic devices, you need to press a special button located below. Trimmer at the same time off optional. It is enough just to hit the oblique on the ground. The most inconvenient in work is the trimmers with manual feed of the string. To lengthen its working ends, the tool must be turned off and operate manually.
Another reel with a fishing line for trimmer is:
- single-string. suitable only for cosmetic trimming of the local area;
- two-stringed. used for more serious work on cleaning the site from the grass.
If you, having not figured it out, purchased a trimmer with a single-section spool, became disillusioned with it and are thinking of buying a new one. do not hurry. A single-string trimmer can easily be turned into a two-string by making some changes to the design
- From a thin but durable plastic you need to cut a ring, and its inner diameter should be equal to the thickness of the core, on which the fishing line is wound, and the outer one. to the diameter of the coil.
- On the inside of the ring you need to make a small notch through which the thread will be threaded.
- Further the ring is cut, put on the coil. And the place of the incision is glued together with scotch tape or sealed with a hot knife. That’s all. now each end of the fishing line can be wound on its part of the coil.
Choosing a fishing line.
Carefully look at the cross-section of the fishing line, it can be round or with edges (square, “asterisk”). The faceted thread is suitable for cleaning more thick grass and weeds. However, if the grass has stiffened too much, then it is better to use a trimmer with knives (cutter).
Some types of fishing line are quite sharp edges so that to avoid injuries, and you must wear a reel in gloves.
How to wind the fishing line on the trimmer reel? Master step by step.
To figure out how to wind the line on the trimmer spool, you need to carefully examine the cutting part of the device or look in the passport of the tool. The fact is that depending on the method of filling trim coils are quick-loading and collapsible. For the first, everything is straightforward. You don’t have to remove and disassemble anything; you need to find the holes for the fishing line, thread it through both ears and wind the required number of turns and cut off the excess.
But in the second version it is worthwhile to stop in more detail, because the coil will have to be dismantled and disassembled
- First, make sure that the trimmer is turned off, and if you are using a gas mower, be sure to unscrew the candle.
- Remove the trimmer head from the trimmer and disassemble it. To do this, press the latches located on the head body up to the stop and remove the cover.
- Cut the required amount of fishing line, and make its ends sharp. It will facilitate the work.
- Place one end of the line in a special clamp located in the center of the reel.
- Twist the string in the direction of the arrow indicated on the cover, while holding the thread tightly with your finger.
- Leave the free end 12–15 cm long and fasten it in the slot on the reel.
- If the trimmer coil of your trimmer has two sections, repeat the last 4 points. At the same time, wind the fishing line in the free section. And fasten the end on the other side of the coil.
- Return the design to the mowing head and pull out the free ends of the fishing line through the special slots.
- Close the head cover and reassemble the trimmer. Your braid is ready for work again.
As you already understood, filling the fishing line with the trimmer reel is not difficult; it is quite within the power of every novice summer resident. It is necessary only to understand how your instrument is arranged, and to do the work carefully, without haste.