Instruction for running-in and operation of a 4-stroke engine Instruction for running-in and operation of a 4-stroke engine What you need to know about running-in and operation of four-stroke air-cooled gasoline engines installed in a garden
Secondly: what kind of oil to fill in the engine crankcase.
Many people consider famous brands of automotive oil to be the best for use in engines for a tiller (cultivator, snowmobile, electric generator, pump, etc.) This is absolutely not the case. Automotive oils are designed to work in water cooled engines, not air cooled engines. The boiling point of automotive oils is lower than that of oils that contain special additives for air-cooled engines.
Use oil with a quality class SF, SG, SH, SJ, CD or higher. Do not use oil additives. Select oil viscosity based on ambient temperature.
SAE 30 (5C and above) is recommended for temperatures above 5C. When used below 5C, it may cause a difficult start.
10W-30 (-18 to 38C) is recommended for variable temperatures. This oil provides a cold start to the engine, but can lead to increased oil consumption at temperatures above 27C.
Check the oil level more frequently at elevated air temperatures.
Synthetic 5W-30 (-30 to 40C). Synthetic oil, provides engine operation over the entire temperature range, as well as easy starting and reduced oil consumption.
5W-30 (5C and below) is recommended for work in winter conditions.
FILL ONLY OILS SPECIFIED IN ENGINE INSTRUCTIONS.
Always check the oil level. The level should be up to the last thread of the filler neck in the horizontal position of the engine (as shown in the figure). The fill and drain holes are located at the front and rear of the engine.
Engine oil fill level
On lawnmowers, pay attention to the dipstick. The dipstick on a vertical shaft motor has marks.
Different engines have different crankcase volumes. If you have a 4, 5.5, 6.5 or 7 hp engine then you need to fill in 600 ml. Oils. Engines 7.5 hp 900 ml is poured. In motors with a capacity of 8, 9, 11, 13 and 15 hp. Respectively 1.1 liters.
Third: starting the engine.
When the engine is started for the first time or cold, there is an increased load on the piston system. High revs can damage the motor. Therefore, it is necessary to start the motor at 1/3 throttle position. And you need to run in at medium speeds.
The main causes of engine breakdowns
REMEMBER. Engine breakdowns are mainly due to improper operation.
Tiller and engine running-in
Many owners of farms, summer cottages and rural land plots know that it is almost impossible to get a good harvest without high-quality soil processing. Using a tiller or motorized cultivator facilitates such complex and routine land work as plowing, hilling, planting and harvesting potatoes, making hay and weeding grass. Gardening equipment will help not only to carry out land work, but also to cope with the tasks of maintaining the territory, transporting crops, removing snow in the winter.
We know that any equipment, including our tiller, requires careful care and careful operation. For residents of Ukraine, a tiller is an expensive purchase, so you cannot immediately start working with it at maximum power. This can entail not only the failure of individual units, but also significantly reduce the service life of the entire unit.
The very first and most important process before starting the equipment into operation is the running-in of the engine and the tiller itself. This will help to extend the life of the equipment, check the performance of the entire system and reduce the number of failures under high load. We recommend that you carefully read the operating instructions for your unit model beforehand. How to properly run in the tiller and the engine, read our article.
Diesel and gasoline engine break-in
Engine break-in is performed not only after purchasing new equipment, but also when installing a new motor, after overhauling, modernizing or replacing individual units of the tiller (motor-cultivator).
Before starting the procedure, it is necessary to check the correctness and quality of the equipment assembly, the fastening of all connecting bolts, and the presence of the necessary lubricants. The further algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Pour the required amount of oil into the engine crankcase, check its level with a dipstick.
- Add the required amount of fuel to the fuel tank (A92 gasoline or diesel fuel, depending on the engine type).
- Check the connection of the oil level sensor to the relay.
- Open the fuel tank cock.
- Crank the recoil starter several times without switching on the ignition. On a diesel engine, the decompressor must be turned on.
- Open the choke valve of the gasoline carburetor.
- Start the engine and close the damper as it warms up.
After that, you can start running in the engine. At the first stage, it is recommended to start at low rpm, gradually and smoothly increasing them to values slightly above average. In this case, it is necessary to work on all gears of the tiller one by one, within 1-2 hours. This will make it possible to test not only the engine, but also the gearbox of the unit.
The second stage involves the performance of work on cultivation, plowing the soil and transportation of small loads (up to 200 kg). It is very important at this stage not to exceed the permissible load on the tiller indicated in the operating instructions. Example: if the maximum soil cultivation depth indicated in the passport is 30 cm, then when running in the engine, the cutter immersion depth should not exceed 15 cm
Running a diesel engine does not fundamentally differ from a gasoline engine, but it is important to remember that any engine does not like long-term idling at high speeds. This is a very common mistake that leads to serious consequences, including overhaul of the motor. For various tillers, the running-in process can take up to 10 hours.
After the engine and tiller have been run-in, it is necessary to replace the oil in the crankcase and transmission with a new one, based on the recommendations in the operating instructions.
Running-in of New Gasoline Trimmeri
- Posted on 2020
- Posted in Expert knowledge
Preparing for the first start of the lawn mower
Before Tim, as the Viconati, the 1st start of the lawn mower requires a series of last days:
- Take a look at the gearbox and beauty yogo;
- Prepare the correct amount of money.
It’s not just when you buy a new trimmer, but when you prepare an old tool before the new season of harvesting.
Running-in of New Gasoline Trimmeri
1st start i lawn mower running
First start-up i lawn mower running even more principles of operation and how to use new to the tool. On one side, the stench allows you to save the motor resource gasoline of the motor, laid down by the virobnik plant, to that on this stage it is necessary to rub in rudimentary institutes and parts. From the first to bathe 1-і necessary health robots with trimmers, as you can see about the first in the life of tools.
Trimmer petrol / lawn mower Stihl FS 55. Description of the advantages of the model
- Ergonomic two-handed handle in silver color. Fits comfortably in the hand, does not slip out during work.
- The engine control mechanism is built into the handle. This is done to improve the safety of use.
- Replaceable cutting equipment expands the functionality of the tool. The Stihl FS 55 petrol / lawn mower trimmer includes a disc for hard and overgrown grass, a disc for trimming shrubs.
- Eye protection glasses. They provide direct and lateral protection, blown inside, do not create a greenhouse effect on glass, and provide a good panoramic view.
- STIHL shoulder strap. Comfortable use of the trimmer increases productivity, reduces energy loss, evenly distributes the load, and does not put pressure on the shoulder. Frees hands for productive mowing, fixes the braid during operation.
- The tank is made of a translucent material that allows the operator to visually monitor the fuel level.
- Fuel consumption is controlled by a special system. Thanks to her, the trimmer consumes fuel economically and produces little exhaust.
- Easy trimmer control. No special knowledge or experience is required to work with the tool. The user can easily figure out the buttons on the handle, indicated by generally accepted symbols.
- Lack of electric drive. The chainsaw works anywhere in a large area without a network connection.
Trimmer petrol / lawn mower Stihl FS 55. Technical description of the model
- Total weight 5 kg.
- Power 1.1 HP
- Straight boom design.
- T-shaped handle design.
- Cutting tools fishing line, metal disc.
- Maximum permissible cutting area up to 1000 m2.
Preparing the correct fuel mixture
Before starting the running-in of the new engine of the lawn mowers, it is also necessary to properly prepare the fuel mixture. As is known for two-stroke engines, it is prepared from special two-stroke oil and gasoline, taken in certain ratios. You can find out the proportions from the instructions that came with the tool or on the lubricant label. From the instructions, you will also learn the recommended type of fuel, as well as the recommended type of engine oil.
When going to run in a new lawn mower, many are faced with a problem in preparing the fuel mixture. And the reason for this is the disagreement in the instructions of the tool manufacturer and in the instructions of the engine oil manufacturer. The former recommend a 1:25 ratio. The latter recommend 1:50. Whom to believe? How to proceed?
According to experts, if manufacturers write a ratio of 1:25 or 1:30 in the instructions for a lawn mower, then most likely this is either a cheap tool with poor cooling, or the manufacturer does not know what kind of oil the consumer will add. But here you need to understand that an excess of lubricant does not in the best way affect the performance of the trimmer. Excess oil does not completely burn out when the engine is running. It cokes, clogs the cylinder and piston.
How to deal with this situation when running in a new tool? The ideal option would be to purchase exactly the oil recommended by the lawn mower manufacturer. In the case of run-in engines, when it is not possible to purchase the recommended oil, it is best to purchase a good Husqvarna two-stroke oil for the gasoline-powered tool of the same name. It is not cheap, but it lasts for a long time. It is necessary to stir it as written in the instructions on the bank.
First start-up and running-in of lawn mowers
Correct initial start-up and running-in of a lawn mower are very important steps in getting started with a new tool. On the one hand, they allow you to preserve the service life of a gasoline engine, laid down by the manufacturer, since at this stage, the grinding of moving units and parts takes place. On the other hand, the first necessary skills of working with a trimmer are acquired when it comes to the first tool in life.
- Preparing for the first start of the lawn mower
- Inspection of the lawn mowers gearbox and its lubrication
- Preparing the correct fuel mixture
- Starting the trimmer for the first time
- Let’s start running lawn mowers
Preparing for the first start of the lawn mower
Before you start the lawn mowers for the first time, you must perform a number of sequential actions:
- Inspect the gearbox and lubricate it;
- Prepare the correct fuel mixture.