Trimmer. a tool without which it can not do in the household. over, its reliability, efficiency and long service life depend on many factors. For example, the quality of fuel. It means that you need to properly select the oil for the trimmer, to observe the proportions when adding to gasoline and the rules for refuelling the device.
Which oil to choose?
For effective trimmer operation, it is necessary to select the oil for two-stroke engines. It is so due to the absence of an oil sump in such a device.
Depending on the chemical composition of the oil, the following classification is distinguished:
- mineral. based on petroleum distillate, suitable for low-power equipment and with air cooling type, but requires frequent replacement and can be used only in good weather in the warm season;
- semi-synthetic. suitable for garden equipment with air and liquid cooling type;
- synthetic. they are based on esters, do not require frequent replacement and can be used at any time of the year.
Oil for two-stroke engines is characterized by good solubility and feature of complete combustion. It is recommended to use a lubricant for a trimmer, which is suitable for devices with an air cooling system. Most often on the packaging, it is indicated that the oil is intended for garden equipment and is marked TA, TV or TC. And the last of them is the most preferable.
Often, manufacturers of trimmer produce a suitable oil, so you can make your choice easier if you pick up the liquid of the corresponding brand.
What fills the petrol?
Gasoline for trimmer needs to choose unleaded with a tact number of 92 or 95. As practice shows, AI-80 gasoline can lead to devise breakdowns, which is a dubious saving.
The fuel must be fresh, that is, after the purchase, it can be stored no more than 60 days.
The quality of fuel is influenced by other factors, for example, the use of a special lubricant for a trimmer and diluting it in a separate container. It is also recommended to use special canisters designed for storing gasoline.
How to dilute gasoline with trimmer oil?
It is necessary to dilute gasoline for the trimmer in the correct proportion. Insufficient amount of oil can lead to poor lubrication of gasoline elements, which contributes to rapid wear.
The correct ratio can be found in the instructions for the trimmer. Most often it is 1:25, 1:40, 1:50. To obtain such proportions in 1 litre of gasoline, you need to add 40 ml, 25 ml and 20 ml of oil, respectively.
It is unacceptable to dilute gasoline with lubricating fluid directly into the fuel tank, and the proportion of oil and gas must be strictly observed. If you ignore this rule, the trimmer motor operation may be unstable, which will cause it to fail quickly.
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or cans for this purpose. It is because gasoline tends to dissolve plastic, which means that some plastic can get into the fuel tank, which can lead to carburetor failure. Although there are individual plastic cans labelled “flame”.
It will require:
- oil suitable for two-stroke engines with air cooling system;
- canister, better metal;
- mixing tank, also better than metal;
A mixture of gasoline and oil do as follows:
- Pour 1 litre of gasoline into the container, add half of the required portion of oil. Mix thoroughly, do it very carefully away from sources of open fire.
- Add the rest of the oil to the gasoline trimmer and mix thoroughly again. Now fuel can be poured into the trimmer fuel tank.
The mixture can be stored no more than three months, so it is better to dilute gasoline in such quantity that was enough for several uses.
How and how much to refill?
Filling the trimmer fuel tank is easy. To do this, place the tank in such a way that the cover is positioned on top. The amount of fuel depends on the trimmer model. This information is indicated in the instructions, and there is a mark directly on the tank.
Overfilling the tank is strictly prohibited.
It can cause fuel to flow into the intake manifold and fuel filter, which can cause engine failure or ignition of the fuel.
When refilling the trimmer, you must observe the following safety measures:
- try to pour the liquid so that it does not spill, you can use a watering can;
- if gasoline is still spilled, then it should be wiped out immediately;
- Trimmer start should be started after the fuel tank is removed to a safe and secure place, preferably over a distance of more than 10 meters;
- during a long break between operations, the remaining fuel is discharged.
Proper proportion and adherence to blending and dressing technology will help extend the life of the trimmer. It is recommended to choose only the quality product of the corresponding brand.