The trimmer stalls when you press the gas
Those who have lawns on the plot know that the trimmer is a pretty useful thing that will help to quickly and accurately tidy up the lawn or clean weeds from overgrown areas. And, like any mechanism, it also often fails due to various breakdowns. One of the most common complaints from the owners of the device is that the trimmer stalls when you press the gas. We offer to understand the main causes of this phenomenon and identify ways to solve the problem.
Why does the trimmer stall when I press the gas?
As you can see, there are many reasons why the trimmer can stall when you press the gas. That is why it is important to monitor the status of your assistant, to check the status of all systems of the mechanism in time.
Lever shears for metal
In the process of construction work, there are situations when it is necessary to cut sheet metal. A convenient tool such as lever scissors designed for curly and straight cutting will help to cope with this problem. Their characteristics are described in this article.
As a rule, ordinary garden grass trimmers are used with fishing line. But if you need to mow young growth of bushes or trees or very hard grass, you cannot do without a disk trimmer. Read about trimmer discs in the article.
Many beginning seamstresses pay a lot of attention to the choice of a sewing machine, thread and fabric, and at the same time completely forget about scissors. But high-quality scissors are among the basic tools of the tailor. Read more about them in our article.
Cosmetic procedures at home, skin rejuvenation, getting rid of cellulite. all this is possible thanks to natural washcloths, which literally grow on branches. What are the advantages of loofah washcloths, what are the subtleties of their use and growing. in the article.
Ivan Kireev: shit
Igor Andreichin: Thanks for the competent review, everything is very clear and affordable !! I also took a Tatra Garden BCU-50 lawn-mower for myself, I have already walked the entire plot two times, I am very glad to choose it! I advise everyone! I want to advise everyone else to buy such tools with a guarantee from the office. Since the saved 200-300 UAH.
Why does the petrol trimmer stall
when buying. it is of course also money, but it can "go sideways"
Oleksiy Berezovsky: it works for me, but it’s only more grass, it’s not spinning, but the rev motor is gaining what to do
Igor: Helped out, thanks!
92Valek: Thank you very much, I wanted to take the scythe to the master, removed this filter and earned even more power, thanks again
Mouse Poo: stavte 4 prozenta (40cc) masla na liter benzina, i etoy polomki nikogda ne proizaydyot 🙂
ya 20 let rabotayu sadovnikom. obyazatelno polzuytes maslom dla 2 taktnova dvigatela
Eugene pots: Thank you for sure the net is jammed damn week tormented threw it and all the rules!
Puppy TV: we have a problem; during operation, the mower itself is gaining momentum and stalling, what could it be?
Slavik Egorov: without it. full video please post
Bro dyaga: not gaining momentum. the net is clean and even without a net help the same please
ARMENIA777nnn ARMENIA: I have a problem, after three. minute work the power drops, advise something.
Tovarsch Hren: Many thanks. I just have the same problem. =)))
Purgen Purgenov: not gaining momentum. the net is clean and the same without a net
Zheka Master: I have such a problem, you jerk, you don’t start with the starter, then you make gas to the maximum and you raise the filter flap up to the end and only then start (works at idle) 1 cm lower the flap down. And if you lower the shutter all the way down then it stalls. The problem is in the carburetor because when I put the carburetor from another scythe everything is all right so I wanted to know if it is possible to adjust its native carburetor.
Sergei the Happiest: good afternoon can you phone 0500253545
Sergey Mikheev: probably it happens, my neighbor is trying to mow at the garage, the engine at his scythe does not rotate, I tell him why you have no smoke, electric fumes, a joke, he took off the exhaust and the same story, the net is clogged, threw it out and everything went like clockwork!
BOBAH SHARAPOV: pour less oil into gasoline
Roman Nikolsky: Guys, tell me, I bought a lawn mower Hamer, 2 horses, worked for an hour and then it started up, then there is no feeling of lack of power, as if that were interfering, well, and the candle dries, although wiping its motor works, it dies, but it works, but it is not gaining power, how to fix this problem.
The instructions say that once a week you need to clean this mesh.
In general, this is a very common phenomenon.
sndvc: And all because instructions must be read, everything is written there!
Press CTRLD to add the page to the bookmarks
Video: Trimmer Stalls After A Minute of Work
Caring for a personal plot, summer residents periodically encounter the fact that the lawn mowing does not start. There are many reasons for tool failure. For the correct diagnosis of the problem, the owner of the unit useful at the cottage needs to know the device and the principle of operation of its individual parts.
- Where to start diagnosing lawn mowers
- Checking the fuel mixture
- We diagnose a candle and a candle channel
- Diagnostics of lawn mowing filters
- Breather and exhaust channel
- complex causes of lawn mowing failure
- Rules for the operation and storage of lawn mowers
Where to start diagnosing lawn mowers
If the lawn mowing does not start or immediately stalls after start-up, it is necessary to check all the main components and assemblies in sequence. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Exhaust channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be fixed after a thorough inspection.
Checking the fuel mixture
Before starting the engine of the gas spit, check the availability and quality of the fuel mixture. Do not save, do not be greedy and do not be clever in this matter. Repair or replacement of the piston group will cost you too much (sometimes up to 70% of the cost of a new tool). It is necessary to prepare the oil-fuel mixture strictly according to the instructions. Calculate its quantity from real needs. Excess gasoline remaining after work over time loses its quality.
We diagnose a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the lawn mower stalls at start-up, then a filled candle may become the cause. Here, for repair, an ordinary candle key (probably every motorist has it) and a spare candle are suitable.
- We twist the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (do not calcine);
- The excess fuel in the chamber is drained through the spark plug hole and dried;
- We clear an old candle from a deposit by means of a file or a lady’s file;
- We set a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- We return everything to its place and try to start a trimmer.
If the candle is working, the nest where it is completely dry and the lawn mower does not want to start, we lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly moistened. No matter how wonderful a spark a candle gives out, there is simply nothing to light up in a dry chamber.
If the trimmer motor still does not start, a cause such as the absence of a spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire should be excluded. If the connection is high-quality, but there is still no spark, most likely, your ignition unit has “flown”. Here you can’t do without a master, because the part is not being repaired, but sold as a single unit.
Diagnostics of lawn mowing filters
Another reason that the gas braid stalls may be an air filter. To exclude it, try to remove the filter and start the trimmer without it. If possible, then you will have to change the air filter to a new one, or at least blow out and thoroughly clean the old one.
A gas trimmer may not start up due to contamination of the fuel filter. This is the next step in our algorithm. Here we check the condition of the filter element and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. When replacing, try not to leave the suction pipe completely without a filter, this is prohibited by any operating instructions. Haste can result in repair of the engine piston group.
Breather and exhaust channel
Often, “gentle” branded lawn mowers do not start and stall due to contamination of the breather. The main function of this element is to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. If this unit becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, which prevents the fuel supply. You can fix the problem by cleaning the breather. You can use a regular needle for cleaning.
Normal operation of the braids with internal combustion engines may be impaired due to the ingress of dirt into the exhaust channel or clogging of the silencer mesh. There is such a problem on older models. You can solve the problem by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-spark mesh.
complex causes of lawn mowing failure
If the step-by-step algorithm for troubleshooting does not give a result, and your braid still does not start or stalls, it is worth examining the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the reasons for unstable tool operation. Three main problems can be distinguished here:
- Clogged channels or jets. All this is cleaned with special washes or purged with a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wire, as passage sections may be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. Output. replacement of failed gaskets;
- Violation of tightness. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing a manometer with a suitable one. Keep track of the readings: if they do not change, everything is fine, and if the pressure starts to fall, then some part of the carburetor is faulty. We’ll have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the gas trimmer may not start due to wear on the piston group. If chips, scratches, or nicks are found on the piston or cylinder, they should be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory inspection. A slight piston loophole while rocking the connecting rod indicates that it is time to change the rings. This procedure is best entrusted to service center specialists.
Rules for the operation and storage of lawn mowers
In order for the lawn mowing to continue well, you need to provide it with good storage and operating conditions:
- during operation, carefully monitor the cooling system, carefully and timely clean the channels in the housing, as well as the fins of the starter;
- if necessary, use solvents, kerosene and other detergents for cleaning;
- do not clean the tool “hot”. let it cool;
- Strictly follow the requirements of the instruction regarding the operating mode, otherwise you may overheat the engine;
- if you do not plan to use the lawn mower in the next month, the fuel mixture must be drained from it, because over time it breaks up into heavy fractions that will uniquely clog the carburetor channels;
- after draining the fuel, let the trimmer idle until it dies, this will help to completely remove the remains of the working mixture.
Before winter storage, follow these steps:
- completely disassemble the braid, rinse and clean all the details that you can;
- inspect the parts for damage, if necessary, eliminate distortions, gusts, bends and any other malfunctions;
- Pour enough oil into the gearbox and clean the air filter;
- you can partially disassemble the motor, flush, blow and grease all moving parts;
- in order to lubricate the piston, you need to unscrew the candle, raise the piston to the dead center with the starter, pour a little oil into the spark plug hole and rotate the crankshaft a couple of times;
- if you are not keeping the lawn mowing house, wind the engine with an oiled rag.